[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Also once you decide to go for lv proper, a wiremill is crucial because of the amount it saves on materials like red alloy (and tin and copper ...)

G

Greyfell309

Actually I for one am with the developers. Chunk loading should not be free. Everything else in game has a cost. Why should chunkloading be free?
Depending on player count, hardware specs, etc., chunkloading can take its toll on a server.
Ok, if you don't like the FTB utility, at least bring back chickenbones loaders. Railcraft loaders are a bit useless, at least for me and i'm sure for others as well, not because they require ender pearls but because of the limited range. only loading 3x3? I would need at least 10 of them for what i'm doing. Not to mention i have to count every chunk to avoid loading the same chunks multiple times, since they dont have a laser beam like chickenbones loaders do.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Wait.. are you saying this whole time I could left all my bronze age machines outside!? I've always been super paranoid about that! I play hardcore so I don't never took the chance.
Only machines that can store electricity explode from rain.
So steam machines can be outside, cables can be outside(only transfer, not store energy) and for multiblocks, only the energyhatch needs to be protected. Mostly the energyhatch has multiblock parts on all sides and the cable on the only free side, so basicly most multiblocks can be put outside too. Helps for the Oil Drill or AdvMiner2.

Reactions: EchoingZen

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, if you don't like the FTB utility, at least bring back chickenbones loaders. Railcraft loaders are a bit useless, at least for me and i'm sure for others as well, not because they require ender pearls but because of the limited range. only loading 3x3? I would need at least 10 of them for what i'm doing. Not to mention i have to count every chunk to avoid loading the same chunks multiple times, since they dont have a laser beam like chickenbones loaders do.
You have 2 options for your problem.

1) F9 (i think...i have a memory lapse while writhing this...) It shows you loaded chunk via chunk loaders when looking at the sky.

2) Dimensionnal anchor. Limitless chunk loading capacity and you can set it the way you want (linear or square). Though you must use fuel sources for it, you can use some basic fuel sources for it that last quite a long time.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

Sooo I am on the same page with you that chunk loaders should be free. Having chunks not loaded breaks immersion for me. It's just a pain. Ideally all chunks would always be loaded (though that's impossible). Selective chunk loading is a performance mechanic not a game play mechanic. It results in multiple issues.

However, the rail craft ones are more than adequate. Just cheat you self in a few admin anchor and plop them down every once in a while. Place 10 anchors is just about the easiest thing you cam do in this pack... You've probably spent more time writing about it on this thread than you would placing them in many days of gameplay.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I certainly want a bending machine. The amount of bronze plates I need is insane!
I usually go for Bender, wire mill, magnetizer... then head into chem and assembler(or solidifier) for making cheaper rubber...
I believe that generally when dealing with steam versions of electrical machines is that you take the EU cost, and double it, that is how much steam the bronze-age tech uses... I'm unsure how much the high-pressure steam machines use... but they seem more wasteful than helpful imo.

Reactions: EchoingZen

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, to calculate steam recipes from LV machine recipes do: 1EU/t = 2L Steam/t and 2x the time as LV recipes.
High pressure steam macines run 50% faster (66% of normal steam machines, 133% of LV machines) but need 2x as much steam per tick.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo I am on the same page with you that chunk loaders should be free. Having chunks not loaded breaks immersion for me. It's just a pain. Ideally all chunks would always be loaded (though that's impossible). Selective chunk loading is a performance mechanic not a game play mechanic. It results in multiple issues.

However, the rail craft ones are more than adequate. Just cheat you self in a few admin anchor and plop them down every once in a while. Place 10 anchors is just about the easiest thing you cam do in this pack... You've probably spent more time writing about it on this thread than you would placing them in many days of gameplay.
As much as i agreed with you on many things in the past, Ihave to disagree with you on this one. I agree with @Scottly318 in that they should not be free. And as i zaid above, the dimensionnal anchor can last quite a distance with small type of fuel. And the later fuel last even way longer. Railcraft anchor don't even come close to compare.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
ill say again... All things have a cost. I don't understand why chunkloading should be different. I'll use your thought that it ruins immersion. Think of your base as an immersion school. You leave the base your immersion in that area ends. Put a chunk loader you have to pay for is being in a country. Your immersion stops only when your "trip" ends. All of this is based on opinion and vision. Considering this is meant the be hard mode? Free chunkloading does not fall under that definition imho.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
ill say again... All things have a cost. I don't understand why chunkloading should be different. I'll use your thought that it ruins immersion. Think of your base as an immersion school. You leave the base your immersion in that area ends. Put a chunk loader you have to pay for is being in a country. Your immersion stops only when your "trip" ends. All of this is based on opinion and vision. Considering this is meant the be hard mode? Free chunkloading does not fall under that definition imho.
This is done with servers in mind. Having free chunkloading and never again login back on the server will cause the server admins a headache. If you are on SSP then you can just reenable or cheat in the Chicken Chunkloader (or admin anchor). All things considered there is still free chunkloader - Spot loader which loads 1 chunk for 0 cost

E

Ellavionoff

Ew, ok. So am I the only one who has trouble with setting up an Infitech server?

U

UNG_God

dimension anchor is the way to go for a cheaper way to chunk load, i placed one alumentaum and it powers it for 30m, so a single charcoal should last 7m, so not much a problem, i know that the old railcraft stack of pearl=1week was good. If you are on single player you can switch to server owner and not have a problem at all.
But having to think about the logistic to keep it powered could help you think in other problem you are going to face.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
dimension anchor is the way to go for a cheaper way to chunk load, i placed one alumentaum and it powers it for 30m, so a single charcoal should last 7m, so not much a problem, i know that the old railcraft stack of pearl=1week was good. If you are on single player you can switch to server owner and not have a problem at all.
But having to think about the logistic to keep it powered could help you think in other problem you are going to face.
It is to note that the more chunk you load, the more it cost.

Ex: 1 Sodium load a 1x1 chunk for almost 4 hours. Raise that to 3x3 and you have it loaded for about 20min or so. I dont recall the exact mats but this give you a general ideaa. The stronger the fuel, the longer it last.

G

Greyfell309

As much as i agreed with you on many things in the past, Ihave to disagree with you on this one. I agree with @Scottly318 in that they should not be free. And as i zaid above, the dimensionnal anchor can last quite a distance with small type of fuel. And the later fuel last even way longer. Railcraft anchor don't even come close to compare.
Sorry, I just simply donț get it why I have to pay for chunk loading, makes no sense to me, but it makes for others. Great. I will use dimensional anchor sice i didnțt know it was in the modpack. Thx for letting me know about it.

G

Greyfell309

Well, i think like this: if I build a factory, automate some ore procesing then go for a very very long trip and come back way way later, will my factory be frozen in space and time while i'm gone?? Or will it run normal until the procesing has finished? :p

G

Greyfell309

This is done with servers in mind. Having free chunkloading and never again login back on the server will cause the server admins a headache. If you are on SSP then you can just reenable or cheat in the Chicken Chunkloader (or admin anchor). All things considered there is still free chunkloader - Spot loader which loads 1 chunk for 0 cost
I knew it! Servers are the problem. Since i'm playing single player, i decided to enable the chicken loaders

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i think like this: if I build a factory, automate some ore procesing then go for a very very long trip and come back way way later, will my factory be frozen in space and time while i'm gone?? Or will it run normal until the procesing has finished? :p
Depends, do you use childs labor from third world.country? If so, then yes your ores will be processed upon your return.

On the other hand, if you use normal workers, they aill riot on you by the time your back and you won't have a third of anything done.
:p:p:p

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Am I just dumb and not able to grasp ic2 crop growth? Even after checking out a couple guides, I still find myself not able to produce anything fancy.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Am I just dumb and not able to grasp ic2 crop growth? Even after checking out a couple guides, I still find myself not able to produce anything fancy.
Crops are not difficult. They just need an extreme amount of patience to breed them again and again and again...