[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose that when we look at at the mining tool levels in the book, we can compare tools and things to mine. So level-1 tool (lead wrench) can't mine level-2 object (bronze pipe).

Would be good if someone can confirm that's correct though.

U

UNG_God

Thanks for the response UNG-God, I'll look into the forestry farm
i have confirmed, forestry farm on orchard does harvest pam crops
v4at92P.png
No crushed iron ore for quest completion for me.
need to find soem chaopyrite vein, and also, do the step by hand and on a vanila crafting table, or the book might no recognize it.
Anyone have an image of their bronze age setup? My setups are so clunky and inefficient.
well it is bronze age, i suppose it is to look clunky .

Low level metal tools are good for crafting, as crafting dont require the lv to match, but they last less.

Also i was wrong about the prospector, we can actually use it before having data circuits.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like my issue was trying to do too much with the steam generation that I had. Proper use of the soft hammer seems to be allowing me to allocate steam in a better fashion.

Also, Alloy Smelter is your friend, your steam devouring friend.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Looks like my issue was trying to do too much with the steam generation that I had. Proper use of the soft hammer seems to be allowing me to allocate steam in a better fashion.

Also, Alloy Smelter is your friend, your steam devouring friend.
Yeah, the gamepedia wiki is also your friend, it shows which bronze machines really destroy your steam reserves ( think the alloy smelter is the worst at that stage)

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the gamepedia wiki is also your friend, it shows which bronze machines really destroy your steam reserves ( think the alloy smelter is the worst at that stage)
The wiki is nice, but incomplete. I am unable to tell how much steam the macerator and the hammer take exactly. Oh well.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
E

Ellavionoff

Hi there. I have a trouble while setting up my own server with Infitech. My server hosting is pretty similar to Multicraft, so modpack installation is pretty simple: just drag and drop. But then I tried to start the server equipped with Infitech server files from the zip provided by link in client, nothing good happened. Server itself starts, but forge did not recognize the mods. So it looks like a pretty vanilla server. I tried to fix it, downloaded the zip archive again, did everything as it was indicated by the guide I found on Youtube... and got no result. Since I don't have any experience in setting up a modded server I can probably do something wrong BUT since I used 4 different guides, including one focused o FTB modpacks, there is something strange with server files provided. or may be I just need detailed and legit guide.

P.S. IK someone must have asked the same thing before me, but I could not not find it (628 pages, how do you lurk all of them?)

G

Greyfell309

Developers, any reason for disabling chickenbones chunk loaders? railcraft chunk loaders are way too bad for something that should be free. How am I suposed to keep a 6X6 chunks loaded for my Advanced miner? 4 railcraft loaders in each cardinal point? Loading a chunk should be free, like the FTB utility, the one where u can load any chunk u want for free.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I for one am with the developers. Chunk loading should not be free. Everything else in game has a cost. Why should chunkloading be free?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the Bronze Plated Blast Furnace. The wiki says it shouldn't be obstructed on top. I'm having this outside and I don't want it to explode with rain. Can I build a roof over it if I have an air block between the furnace and the roof?

Kataiser

Jul 29, 2019
The stuff about machines exploding when rained on only applies to electrical machines, not basic steam-powered stuff and the BBF. You can have it outside.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
The stuff about machines exploding when rained on only applies to electrical machines, not basic steam-powered stuff and the BBF. You can have it outside.
Wait.. are you saying this whole time I could left all my bronze age machines outside!? I've always been super paranoid about that! I play hardcore so I don't never took the chance.

K

KayoticEntropy

Wait.. are you saying this whole time I could left all my bronze age machines outside!? I've always been super paranoid about that! I play hardcore so I don't never took the chance.

Yes. Also the Large Boilers (Bronze|Steel|Titanium|Tungstensteel) are safe from explosion due to rain/water.

Also, hi everyone. Long time lurker and player, decided to get a bit more active with questions and answers to help out the community!

K

KayoticEntropy

Developers, any reason for disabling chickenbones chunk loaders? railcraft chunk loaders are way too bad for something that should be free. How am I suposed to keep a 6X6 chunks loaded for my Advanced miner? 4 railcraft loaders in each cardinal point? Loading a chunk should be free, like the FTB utility, the one where u can load any chunk u want for free.

I use Dimensional Anchor for chunk loading. Requires gold and consumes fuel to stay running; has dynamic radius at the expense of greater fuel usage. Makes more sense for me being at the point where I have a charcoal farm but not a steady enderpearl farm.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Age of Steel, obtained! (I really hope venting the crucible into the atmosphere has few negative effects.)

So, expand my bronze operation or push on through with steel with the bare minimum?

Kataiser

Jul 29, 2019
Age of Steel, obtained! (I really hope venting the crucible into the atmosphere has few negative effects.)

So, expand my bronze operation or push on through with steel with the bare minimum?

I'm not an expert (I'm only just now getting into MV) but I vote expand your bronze operation, unless it's already decently large. You'll need a fair bit of steel before you can really start replacing all the important functions of the steam machines. With that said, rushing a basic steam turbine + bending machine is a very good choice IMO, 'cause the double ingot cost for plates (from hammering) is pretty killer.

As for the crucible, I've been told that you need to vent a lot of crap before problem start to arise. Unless you're mass-producing stuff (in which case you should be using a thaumatorium) you'll probably be fine.

Reactions: EchoingZen