[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
It should use up the blocks it places down for you. Is that not the case, you likely have a bug or it sees you in creative mode.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
It should use up the blocks it places down for you. Is that not the case, you likely have a bug or it sees you in creative mode.
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I don't think there's any issue with it using up items, it's just that a) it's virtually free to craft and b) it allows the player to "build" without building just like creative allows you to use resources you haven't put any effort into acquiring.

In contrast, a somewhat related building helper, the fair-trade focus, is difficult to acquire, costs something to use, and still requires you to lay out your blocks yourself.

This is why I asked - sitting there right clicking blocks into a magic box to build a large structure doesn't feel very survival-y to me, but I wanted to hear what other people think.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to tell the ender io farming station to harvest cotton instead of harvesting the whole plant? Currently it harvests the plant and replants it with no cotton yield

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I don't think there's any issue with it using up items, it's just that a) it's virtually free to craft and b) it allows the player to "build" without building just like creative allows you to use resources you haven't put any effort into acquiring.

In contrast, a somewhat related building helper, the fair-trade focus, is difficult to acquire, costs something to use, and still requires you to lay out your blocks yourself.

This is why I asked - sitting there right clicking blocks into a magic box to build a large structure doesn't feel very survival-y to me, but I wanted to hear what other people think.
I've never used that block before. From what i read on FTB Wiki, it can only construct certain specific shapes. And according to @Blood Asp it consumes blocks....so how is it different from the Buildcraft Builder which consumes power and actually reproduces any construction which you keep in a library (even those made in creative.)

So to answer your question, i'd say no it's not overpowered though yes it is not really "survival-y".

S

Sven "flamestrider"

-crop-

I'd say that the TC focus for exchanging blocks is more powerful, since you can use it to harvest obsidian without a T3 pickaxe and it's also way faster than a pick for harvesting obsidian.

U

UNG_God

I wish there was someplace explaining how the forestry farm size really are, looking at wiki says one size, but in game it is bigger, also as today while recording , after working my ass to move stuff from point A to B because Cb would demand it, i discover that Cb have a larger area than Ca, while nowhere it says that Ca and Cb have different working areas, if i knew that ,i would not have wasted so much time moving things from A to B . (Ca=auto farm, Cb=Manual farm).

I feel kind of nostalgic , thinking about the good old gt4, where i had so much fun, we have an infitech2 for 1.6.4 that uses gt4, makes me wonder how well would i fare in there , since gt4 isnt that complicated as gt5u (made more grind by bloody), i miss some things we could do there and we cant here (like my beloved redstone display/scale).

Could you please change the way the quest in silicon age progress, i am stuck because i need to find one of the heavy/light/raw oil to have access to new quest, but i did not find any around in my place, and it is too boring to have to made the oil multi block thing for every chunk, as far i understood from the book, i need to check every chunk to try and find it. we can find other types of oil to make the blasted plastic, like sand oils or oil berry. Or at least a way to turn common oil into those three.

I have complete most quest in bronze age and steel age, and yet i did not open any new product in the shop, is that right?

Just to know, is neutrino enable?

Interesting, seeing other people bases, visiting they would be better, we can learn a thing or two, or nothing, like with grag base.
I found a bit of exploit ... that depends on how much metal essence is game breaking.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I wish there was someplace explaining how the forestry farm size really are, looking at wiki says one size, but in game it is bigger, also as today while recording , after working my ass to move stuff from point A to B because Cb would demand it, i discover that Cb have a larger area than Ca, while nowhere it says that Ca and Cb have different working areas, if i knew that ,i would not have wasted so much time moving things from A to B . (Ca=auto farm, Cb=Manual farm).

I feel kind of nostalgic , thinking about the good old gt4, where i had so much fun, we have an infitech2 for 1.6.4 that uses gt4, makes me wonder how well would i fare in there , since gt4 isnt that complicated as gt5u (made more grind by bloody), i miss some things we could do there and we cant here (like my beloved redstone display/scale).

Could you please change the way the quest in silicon age progress, i am stuck because i need to find one of the heavy/light/raw oil to have access to new quest, but i did not find any around in my place, and it is too boring to have to made the oil multi block thing for every chunk, as far i understood from the book, i need to check every chunk to try and find it. we can find other types of oil to make the blasted plastic, like sand oils or oil berry. Or at least a way to turn common oil into those three.

I have complete most quest in bronze age and steel age, and yet i did not open any new product in the shop, is that right?

Interesting, seeing other people bases, visiting they would be better, we can learn a thing or two, or nothing, like with grag base.
I found a bit of exploit ... that depends on how much metal essence is game breaking.

I believe it is every 6 chunks for the oIL drill rig.

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2016-08-15 в 8.44.42.png
    Снимок экрана 2016-08-15 в 8.44.42.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Снимок экрана 2016-08-15 в 8.45.05.png
    Снимок экрана 2016-08-15 в 8.45.05.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 41
S

Sven "flamestrider"

It's great!!! I will look for inspiration !!!

----------------------
I can not finish the quest!
remember to use EnderIO conduit rather than GT pipes since E-IO conduits can connect to the QDS while GT does not.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Oil_Drilling_Rig says that it's a 96x96 area per resource, but that 50% of the area is empty, so I'd suggest plonking it down perhaps every 3 chucks so that you have a 2-4 tries per resource area... until you have a seismic prospector anyhow. :)

Actually it says that oil resources are 96x96 and 50% of these areas are empty. Not that 50% of chunks in an area are empty... So a single try per area should suffice.
Can someone with more experience clarify this?

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"
U

UNG_God

until you have a seismic prospector anyhow.
Actually it says that oil resources are 96x96 and 50% of these areas are empty.
Yeah it is confusing, as i understood , it is a 96x96 chunks for every oil vein, so every chunk is just one number, since it also say you can place multiple oil rig on a chunk with material to pump faster

ind reporting it on the issue tracker?
for what i can think of, there is nothing we could do to avoid it to happen, either removing the mod that allows it (making a lot of people sad), or disable the item used (but that will break some recipes). I will not tell how, maybe when the lp is over, but i dont plan on using it.

I want to know why the implosion compressor require fricking 45 powder kegs to work!

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
In an 96x96 area is the same type and amount of oil.

There are 4 types, equally spread(gas, light oil, oil and heavy oil)
The amount is a curve were half the results is <=0 L output. The highest output possible is 1000L but because of the curve calculating the amount, huge oil sources are rare.
Every 1000 cycles, the amount goes down by one.
Once cycle is 8 sec for LV, 4 sec for MV, 2 sec for HV, ect.

https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un.../java/gregtech/api/util/GT_Utility.java#L1507

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

http://ftbwiki.org/MultiFarm

Are you getting your information for the Forestry multifarm from the above wiki page? Also note that on that page it says in the notes below that Forestry multifarms are much larger in area if your installed version of Forestry is 1.7.10-3.4.0.7 or greater. Maybe this accounts for the increased harvest radius you're seeing?

I do find your voice on your video a little difficult to hear, but you're forming words properly, it just sounds like your microphone is muffling it somehow. Can you do anything about making it crispier?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

G

Greyfell309

Hi all. Do you know any good souce of nebrisum aspect, except rare metals like platinum or osmium?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. Do you know any good souce of nebrisum aspect, except rare metals like platinum or osmium?
Look up the recipe for GT apple juice, swap out the apple for an enchanted golden apple, you get three bottles of juice per apple and they have 8 nebrisum each. It's still kinda pricy at 3 gold ingots per nebrism but you can get gold a lot more easily than stuff like platinum, using a forming press and gold transmutation you can even achieve net lucrum gain there allowing you to create a loop that converts metallum into gold so any source of metal can suffice.