[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

J

jeipouju

Hi, all! I enjoy playing InfiTech2 with my friend :D
We've just built a heavy oil processing line by using Fuel Refining spreadsheet as a reference.
Here are screenshots of the line (piping of conduits seems bit dirty..., but works well):
2016-08-03_17.15.42.png 2016-08-03_17.17.11.png

It produces great amounts of various gases and liquids (Naphtha, Toluene, Oxygen, ...and so on).
We also built some additional lines to process these productions; we now have infinite supplies of polyethylene and industrial diamonds (combining with an iron golem farm)!
We hope to build more processing lines, e.g. TNT.
Thanks for the awesome Fuel Refining spreadsheet, thanks for JasonMcRay creating this modpack :)

btw, we're feeding a hungry node by throwing items (e.g. charcoals, stone swords, ...) with an item cannon, but there is a lack of Aer aspect.
Does anyone have suggestions for efficient hungry node feeding in this modpack, especially for Aer?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
We've just built a heavy oil processing line by using Fuel Refining spreadsheet as a reference.
Here are screenshots of the line (piping of conduits seems bit dirty..., but works well):
View attachment 29032 View attachment 29033

It produces great amounts of various gases and liquids (Naphtha, Toluene, Oxygen, ...and so on).
We also built some additional lines to process these productions; we now have infinite supplies of polyethylene and industrial diamonds (combining with an iron golem farm)!
Thanks for the awesome Fuel Refining spreadsheet, thanks for JasonMcRay creating this modpack :)

btw, we're feeding a hungry node by throwing items (e.g. charcoals, stone swords, ...) with an item cannon, but there is a lack of Aer aspect.
Does anyone have suggestions for efficient hungry node feeding in this modpack, especially for Aer?

As with anything Thaumcraft related, scan all the things! This includes mobs and mob loot drops, dungeon loot, village worldgen and the contents of any loot chests. There are plenty of aspects out there, every time I play Thaumcraft (well, in most modpacks anyway) I get a ton of Aer aspect items, so I have no idea what you're doing wrong. :D Be especially careful to rescan anything you can't find any aspects on, it might mean that there are aspects, just not anything unlocking them for you to be able to discover them by scanning them. There's the occasional mod-related item that simply doesn't scan because it doesn't have Thaumcraft aspects information on it, but most of those are easily identified. I can easily find Railcraft items in most modpacks that have odd or hard to find aspects on them, keep checking and go through everything in the modpack in case it might have that particular aspect.

Finally, aspect scanning is a bit glitchy sometimes, you just know you found aspects on a particular item in another modpack, where did they suddenly go to in this one? That means they might not be on those specific items in this modpack, or have been changed for balance reasons. If in doubt, do please ask on this thread, if someone knows the answer you'll soon know! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
View attachment 29032 View attachment 29033

People feed crafting tables to the hungry nodes, they seem to have every primal.

J

jeipouju

Thanks, BrickVoid and RealKC.
Actually, I know that there are tons of items containing Aer aspect or compound aspects of Aer, but hungry node feeding requires a huge amount of aspects. Our node currently has about 500 Aer and 700-800 other primal aspects, that's why I want to know items that can be produced automatically and efficiently, especially for Aer.
The reason I said "in this modpack" is that I want to ask not only about items but also methods for production.

AeroWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the deal is with the EBF and battery buffers? Im trying to run my very first EBF, and I have it set up exactly like the questbook describes with 4 LV Energy Hatches attached to 4 LV Battery Buffers w/ 4 small lithium batteries(though later I looked it up online and it says you should never need more than 3 hatches?) and it refuses to accept any power from the Buffers. I previously got it to accept some power from the buffers when I had less than 4 and it started to cook an aluminum, but then it stopped when it drained them to around 70% and failed. Now it fails instantly upon giving it an aluminum and enabling it even though theres no maintance needed and all the blocks are correct, the top is exposed to air, I have no idea what I could be doing wrong.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Does anyone know what the deal is with the EBF and battery buffers? Im trying to run my very first EBF, and I have it set up exactly like the questbook describes with 4 LV Energy Hatches attached to 4 LV Battery Buffers w/ 4 small lithium batteries(though later I looked it up online and it says you should never need more than 3 hatches?) and it refuses to accept any power from the Buffers. I previously got it to accept some power from the buffers when I had less than 4 and it started to cook an aluminum, but then it stopped when it drained them to around 70% and failed. Now it fails instantly upon giving it an aluminum and enabling it even though theres no maintance needed and all the blocks are correct, the top is exposed to air, I have no idea what I could be doing wrong.
the EBF draws unevenly from the hatches, meaning if you have more than one battery buffer(separated power-inputs for the hatches) one buffer might run out of juice before the rest and that stops the EBF from running...
If you "need" to run with four hatches(32V*4*2A = 256Eu/t) then just have a 9x buffer hooked up to all of them, but if you have the soldering iron you don't get the 90% efficiency and you can easily run <128Eu/t processes on just two hatches and one 4x battery buffer.

AeroWulf

Jul 29, 2019
the EBF draws unevenly from the hatches, meaning if you have more than one battery buffer(separated power-inputs for the hatches) one buffer might run out of juice before the rest and that stops the EBF from running...
If you "need" to run with four hatches(32V*4*2A = 256Eu/t) then just have a 9x buffer hooked up to all of them, but if you have the soldering iron you don't get the 90% efficiency and you can easily run <128Eu/t processes on just two hatches and one 4x battery buffer.

So does the 4x Buffer automatically output 2 amps then? I think that was my whole problem, I didnt really understand how the amps worked.

S

SinTh0r4s

Hi,

I am currently expanding our energy production. Before we had a Pyrolyseoven into 3 Distillation Towers into 5 Turbo Gas Turbines (512EU, 85%) and 2 Advanced Gas Turbines (128EU, 90%) with a decent gain.

After gathering a lot of materials and build a stable suply of Bio Chaff for 2 Pyrolyseovens i added 7 Distillation Towers to a total of 10 Towers with 17 Turbo Gas Turbines and 3 Advanced Gas Turbines. I've done the math and got a plus of ~4k EU/t, but i actually loose energy. I even upgraded all 12 Multiblocks to EV energy hatches to reduce the loss on cable. Why is it not working or what am i doing wrong?

2 Pyrolyseovens produce 2 * 5000mB of Bio Mass every 45 Seconds -> 11.11mB per Tick
10 Distillation Tower use 10 * 250mB every 12 seconds -> 10.41mB per Tick
So i got no short there.

10 Distillation Towers produce 10 * 8000mb every 12 seconds -> 333.33mB per Tick
And 333.33mB result in a Fuel Value of 10666.7 EU/t (9066.6EU/t @85%)
And consuming i got 10 Distillation Towers with 10 * 480EU/t which is about half. ( 2 Pyrolyseovens just use 20EU/t, so...)

And that should be produced by 17 (+3) Turbines, but i am still loosing...Where is all my power going?
Thats my setup:
2016_08_04_04_05_28.png

Anyone got an idea?

Thx,
Sin

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody,

I'm about to get into (basic) oil processing, and I'm trying to figure out what my options are. There are a ton of different oil products (light, heavy, cracked, sulfuric...), as well as multiple ways to burn them. Is there any sort of guide as to what the burn values of different things are, what burns it what, etc? I'm missing the days when all the fuels just told you their heat values in a RC boiler.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

So does the 4x Buffer automatically output 2 amps then? I think that was my whole problem, I didnt really understand how the amps worked.
All buffers can output the same number of Amps as they have batteries inside, so a 4x buffer with one battery outputs 1A, same as a 1x buffer. that's why you can use a 9x buffer with eight batteries with 8A cabling since the eight batteries will only allow 8A through the buffer.

F

flaberd

Any modifications done to the pack? Any removed mods? Any added mods? Can you please post both Fml log (in logs folder) and minetweaker.log (in minecraft folder)? Best to upload it to dropbox or any other sharing site and give me the link.
Also if you are on server I will need those files also from the server.

I downloaded again and it started to work

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hey everybody,

I'm about to get into (basic) oil processing, and I'm trying to figure out what my options are. There are a ton of different oil products (light, heavy, cracked, sulfuric...), as well as multiple ways to burn them. Is there any sort of guide as to what the burn values of different things are, what burns it what, etc? I'm missing the days when all the fuels just told you their heat values in a RC boiler.
Early on it's worth making all your oil into Nitro-Diesel since it's the most energy dense fuel... some peeps in this channel have also said that making (GT) LPG from light-fuel might be more efficient, energy wise, than converting that into nitro-diesel... early on you can't make cracked products, you need a cracking tower.
How to use the fuels, I'd say use either a gas turbine or diesel generator at the tier of power you need it. Advantage imo of nitro-diesel, or any other highly concentrated fuel, is that you have an energy content of 512k Eu / bucket before losses so you can have a distributed energy system: meaning have the generators right next to where you need power, rather than a central power-room like you'd use with steam to eu power solutions(since steam is 500 Eu / bucket).

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hi,

I am currently expanding our energy production. Before we had a Pyrolyseoven into 3 Distillation Towers into 5 Turbo Gas Turbines (512EU, 85%) and 2 Advanced Gas Turbines (128EU, 90%) with a decent gain.

After gathering a lot of materials and build a stable suply of Bio Chaff for 2 Pyrolyseovens i added 7 Distillation Towers to a total of 10 Towers with 17 Turbo Gas Turbines and 3 Advanced Gas Turbines. I've done the math and got a plus of ~4k EU/t, but i actually loose energy. I even upgraded all 12 Multiblocks to EV energy hatches to reduce the loss on cable. Why is it not working or what am i doing wrong?
- crop -
10 Distillation Towers produce 10 * 8000mb every 12 seconds -> 333.33mB per Tick
And 333.33mB result in a Fuel Value of 10666.7 EU/t (9066.6EU/t @85%)
And consuming i got 10 Distillation Towers with 10 * 480EU/t which is about half. ( 2 Pyrolyseovens just use 20EU/t, so...)

- crop -
Anyone got an idea?

Thx,
Sin
I'm just thinking here:
with EV (2048) hatches on those distillation towers they should draw 480*4 or 1920Eu/t but since it's one tier up from their normal recipe they should produce twice as fast... but this still will eat up double the energy from producing power this way... right? in your calculation you have 10 x 480 = 4800Eu distillation cost for "9066,6"Eu gain, but with EV hatches this turns into 9600Eu cost for 9066,6Eu gain, so a draining power solution, no power production.

Reactions: Pyure
S

SinTh0r4s

I'm just thinking here:
with EV (2048) hatches on those distillation towers they should draw 480*4 or 1920Eu/t but since it's one tier up from their normal recipe they should produce twice as fast... but this still will eat up double the energy from producing power this way... right? in your calculation you have 10 x 480 = 4800Eu distillation cost for "9066,6"Eu gain, but with EV hatches this turns into 9600Eu cost for 9066,6Eu gain, so a draining power solution, no power production.

Well you nailed it! Thank you very much.

Btw is there a way to automaticly remove nearly depleted turbine rotors out of a Large Turbine and fill a new one in?

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

How do you create industrial diamonds from sources either than non-renewable coal. I was under the impression that you could only use coal dust...

N

NeonSelf

I have problems with questbook:

Hell lands - "hard as nails": I need to mine 10 obsidian, but the questbook doesnt count my progress. I tried to use GT and vanilla thaumium pickaxes - it doesnt matter.

Rotor-a-plenty - "so tiny": need to make 20 tin bolts. I already have 4 steam turbines running, but the book doesnt see any bolts I made with file or lathe.

BTW, there is a button "manual detect". Where the hell is it detecting anything? Every time I had something needed for quest completion in my inventory - pressing this button was useless.

J

jeipouju

How do you create industrial diamonds from sources either than non-renewable coal. I was under the impression that you could only use coal dust...

Processing cracked heavy oil in a distillation tower gives a tiny pile of hydrated coal dust. We can smelt hydrated coal dust into coal dust :D

Reactions: Batch2

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I have problems with questbook:

Hell lands - "hard as nails": I need to mine 10 obsidian, but the questbook doesnt count my progress. I tried to use GT and vanilla thaumium pickaxes - it doesnt matter.

Rotor-a-plenty - "so tiny": need to make 20 tin bolts. I already have 4 steam turbines running, but the book doesnt see any bolts I made with file or lathe.

BTW, there is a button "manual detect". Where the hell is it detecting anything? Every time I had something needed for quest completion in my inventory - pressing this button was useless.
Hell Lands - really no idea. I tried and works fine for me
Rotor a plenty - you need the bolts crafted manually. You should not have any machines at that point. If you are doing the quest stuff after you progressed in the modpack, than that is the problem...