[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

i like your idea. and you said from basic pumpkin on crops? does that mean not bred? or are you refering to the potential? you also meant later about breeding thats why i ask. also doesnt pumpkins give less methane then potatoes? ill look this up. can you tell me about what teir and stats on the bred pumpkin seeds if it isnt standered?

also i cant explain how due to it being a big exploit and a few of you may know it, i was also asked not to explain in detail how but there is a way to automate filling and transfer of batteries. just a heads up if anyone else knows or is wondering. its not as simple or easy as you want it to be.
I prefer my ignorance of the exploit... I'd rather like playing with optimization :)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I used my light oil well to complete some plastic and toluene questlines. It's more efficient to use either BC wells or oilsand for nitrodiesel early on, imo.

btw you could always turn wood into oil. its what i did with all 4 of my forestry tree farms. i only use my golem tree farm for alumentum for my solid fuel boilers and other magical constructs.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

btw you could always turn wood into oil. its what i did with all 4 of my forestry tree farms. i only use my golem tree farm for alumentum for my solid fuel boilers and other magical constructs.
With LV technology? Cause that was what I was replying towards...

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
With LV technology? Cause that was what I was replying towards...
oh no sorry lol i thought he was asking about what to use the oil rigs light fuel for. i never used any of that fuel i skipped it for wood to oil conversion. for all of it. but early game i got bc oil since i had two oil oceans and one oil desert biome. about 60 spots of oil. and i mean large ones.

just found some more at that http://imgur.com/a/JfZIg

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

oh no sorry lol i thought he was asking about what to use the oil rigs light fuel for. i never used any of that fuel i skipped it for wood to oil conversion. for all of it. but early game i got bc oil since i had two oil oceans and one oil desert biome. about 60 spots of oil. and i mean large ones.
Phew, thought I had missed some workaround to produce kanthal ingots before making a vacuum freezer(which needs HV assembler, presser and engraver if I remember correctly).
Yeah, I get your confusion cause if you have the freezer you might as well just make a distillation tower and just refine it(Light Oil) that way. :)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
still the comment on the pumpkin crops... are they specialy bred? or were they standard?

btw an awesome way to get infinite oxygen and silicon is with a sand to glass gen. its infinite and basically free if you got alumentum production up and running,

also pickaxe of the core does that work on alternative ores such as aluminum's bauxite? such as does bauxite turn into clusters of aluminum?

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

still the comment on the pumpkin crops... are they specialy bred? or were they standard?

btw an awesome way to get infinite oxygen and silicon is with a sand to glass gen. its infinite and basically free if you got alumentum production up and running,
From the way that reply is made I'd interpret it as normal pumpkins on crop-stick, normal aka not bred, since the post is used as a comparison to your own setup.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Processing light oil into Nitro fuel should have ok efficiency. But the energy density is a bit low, so I guess most energy is eaten from the oil drill?

How much light oil do you get per cycle? On LV a cycle is 8 sec. Values above 200L should be fine for energy production. Less can be used for early plastic production, but efficiency is too low for energy supply. 500L+ is something rare you should certainly pump.

Would processing it into Nitro fuel be better than LPG? I was under the impression that LPG/methane gave better yields for Light Oil...

I didn't know you could use LV to power it! I'm using MV... I will switch once my generator is empty as LV will cut the energy cost per L in half.

Also it's a 444L per cycle well. So not very shabby at all. I'm starting to feel much better about this well.

Final question. Do the well run out? I've read conflicting things.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
After you have a great hv power setup, a hv blast furnace with the top tier heating coil, and a few hv machines (assembly machine, press, laser, chemical reactor, dis assembler and autoclave) in your opinion, where do u normally go next? I noticed u dont need an ev assembly machine to move onto the voltages beyond

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
After you have a great hv power setup, a hv blast furnace with the top tier heating coil, and a few hv machines (assembly machine, press, laser, chemical reactor, dis assembler and autoclave) in your opinion, where do u normally go next? I noticed u dont need an ev assembly machine to move onto the voltages beyond

better machines are faster even if you dont need them. you should also always upstep your power lines for less loss over distance. unless your using generators at each location and piping fuel

always the book ;)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
BIG question. i havnt tried because everyone says ic2 power doesnt convert to gregtech. but can you use an ic2 batpack for gregtech tools?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
BIG question. i havnt tried because everyone says ic2 power doesnt convert to gregtech. but can you use an ic2 batpack for gregtech tools?
I would say yes you can. Because I remember I was able to charge empty battery in my hand when I was wearing the Gravisuite armor

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I would say yes you can. Because I remember I was able to charge empty battery in my hand when I was wearing the Gravisuite armor

i really appreciate that answer. didnt want to waste to many materials on re-batteries if it wouldnt work. also i was wondering about forestry farms. can they interact with ic2 crops? or do i have to wait till i get the crop harvester?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019

also pickaxe of the core does that work on alternative ores such as aluminum's bauxite? such as does bauxite turn into clusters of aluminum?
If you can do it in a crucible the pickaxe should work, yellorium and desh were bugged iirc but the feast worked I believe. Bauxite to aluminium isn't valid though.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

i really appreciate that answer. didnt want to waste to many materials on re-batteries if it wouldnt work. also i was wondering about forestry farms. can they interact with ic2 crops? or do i have to wait till i get the crop harvester?
I know they(ic2 and forestry) interacted fine in 1.6.4 ... I haven't tried the same implementation in 1.7.10 but I imagine they would work together.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
If you can do it in a crucible the pickaxe should work, yellorium and desh were bugged iirc but the feast worked I believe. Bauxite to aluminium isn't valid though.

yeah i was thinking that but i was making sure on the special ores. i wouldnt want to do it on all of the ores but it would be nicer for the basics. im not gona get more then copper from copper. XD well anything i really need.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

ok new question biogas or methane better?
"Better" is to loose a definition, better for what exactly? Their production-lines are quite different, but afaik Methane is faster produced than Biogas...
Biogas needs less materials than Methane...
You need to have an idea what the intended use is for to have a better comparison... kinda like comparing RC boilers with GT Large Boiler it's hard to compare which is better without having some end-user in mind for your setup.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
"Better" is to loose a definition, better for what exactly? Their production-lines are quite different, but afaik Methane is faster produced than Biogas...
Biogas needs less materials than Methane...
You need to have an idea what the intended use is for to have a better comparison... kinda like comparing RC boilers with GT Large Boiler it's hard to compare which is better without having some end-user in mind for your setup.

well i was wondering about total eu gain from each since i never see any info on biogas. i mean whole process. and i feel that biogas is much faster to produce. unless im missing a step. cause i can macerate faster then one centrifuge can produce methane from a potato. i admit i gota add a few more steps to the process but i also get more biogass in the end then i would methane from the same amount of potatos