[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Sprigum

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone!

I've been playing for a little over 2 weeks now and I hit a huge milestone today - I don't know if there is another pack this intense - In the past I played packs like TPPI which had some balance, but jetpacks were still a day 1 objective. Since I have a freaking jetpack now I thought I'd share my humble workshop and my newly constructed Thaumcraft tower!

d00eaa9be2c39cf13f27840e84f72e35.png

Jetpack! - Also I just got the LV Drill and its been kicking some serious ass. I built my base on a granite hill on accident - So I've been going through a crazy amount of Cobalt trying to tunnel through it. The BEST part of it was when I was fixing up the floor in my workshop last night and realized I was sitting on a Tin vein. I can't tell you how exciting that was - the closest source I've found is 2000m away from my base.

5aeff1bcd11790daffcdf3644497de3a.png

The Entrance to my new Infusion tower - Eventually golems will live here and much alchemy will be done.

bf06e59c5774a6bd98fa276bce3549f5.png

It's quite tall and detailed on the outside. I built this BEFORE I built my jetpack - I should have probably done the jetpack thing first...I only died a few times towards the top.

9fa2b9c42bfa1657203aec06365b9046.jpg

Now that I can fly I can get some better shots! The smaller building on the right is where all the technology is - well what little of it I have so far. The tower itself has 6.5 floors.

31c41df766d8d443ec8a60b70180f177.jpg

The Infusion chamber - directly below it there is a chamber for heads. Stability hasn't really been tested much yet...

Next project is going to be fixing my incredibly antiquated storage tech...I'll provide some pics below - Obviously I'm going to start working on Logistics pipes - I've been waiting until I had the right tech to really save a lot of gold on those chipsets.

f33c4b2d1ae5bc8a667bf977933d3d1d.jpg

57340f9d5d440b7c2c75b3f46c9d87f8.png

Playing this pack is quite demoralizing sometimes, particularly early on when you realize the sheer amount of grunt work required to get everything off the ground. So, its really exciting when you finally make these leaps.

I'm excited to get a really solid Logistics pipes system working and then begin work on my BC Stripes Pipe/Thaumcraft Tree farm that will replace my current Forestry setup (apatite is becoming an annoyance).

I'm also considering moving into something more efficient than steam energy - but will probably stick to it for now. Sadly I'm not sitting on much in terms of Oil - my drilling rig barely produces anything and I don't have any way to keep it working long distance yet. I regret spending all that steel on it and should have just went and found the geysers and pumped them out.

I'll take any suggestions - I haven't really crunched the numbers on Biofuel or anything - from what I understand Nitro-diesel is pretty excellent - Steam seems to be rapidly becoming horribly inefficient. The 66% for HV steam turbines seems pretty bad. I do understand that the higher level boilers are more efficient though - so perhaps upgrading from my current Large Bronze boiler would be a wise move.

N

Navarin

That's some great looking buildings you have there! If Soartex was more complete with regards to Infitech your post probably would have convinced me to use it. Most infusion altars I've seen are all underground or in places more in line with darker magic, it's awesome to see someone doing something with a ton of daylight/windows/general bright and clear aesthetic.

Congrats on the jetpack/drill too. Speed feels so good when you finally get it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, it appears that those numbers about an energized node powering an EV absorber don't seem to be correct. A single EV absorber with a 62 CV of each aspect minimum can't power a ME system that has a 550 eu/t power draw.
I have no idea sorry, looking at the code here even with us having a value for EnergyPerVisDisvisor 100x greater than normal at 250000 it looks like with 62CV of all six aspects it should be fine at keeping up with EV. Can you check how much power it is producing?

N

Navarin

Updated to 3.2.8 this morning. I don't know about the other added quests, but at least for the new one to get 10 Brown Limonite Ore I recieved GT credits instead of IC2 credits for the reward.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
@Sprigum
I think oil is among the best way to go but you actually have a lot of options to get oil. One way is to find a large BC deposite and go to town on it with a pneumaticraft gas lift. Another excellent option is to find a vein of oil sand. They are quite common and will give you insane amounts of oil. I think they are actually the best alternative for early game oil as you can easily move it around. 1 stack of oilsand ore is 32 buckets of oil so you can gather quite a lot per trip and easily automate feeding with hoppers which are dirt cheap.

Third option ofc is the gregtech oilrig however that is down to luck at low tech. Basically use the same method as mining howver test drill with even larger space between drilling attempt. If you manage to find a good GT oil deposite you will be fine for the rest of your playthrough most likely.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 3.2.8 this morning. I don't know about the other added quests, but at least for the new one to get 10 Brown Limonite Ore I recieved GT credits instead of IC2 credits for the reward.
Hmm.. I guess I must have missclicked the coin... Well its not a big deal :)

S

Sven "flamestrider"

@Sprigum
I think oil is among the best way to go but you actually have a lot of options to get oil. One way is to find a large BC deposite and go to town on it with a pneumaticraft gas lift. Another excellent option is to find a vein of oil sand. They are quite common and will give you insane amounts of oil. I think they are actually the best alternative for early game oil as you can easily move it around. 1 stack of oilsand ore is 32 buckets of oil so you can gather quite a lot per trip and easily automate feeding with hoppers which are dirt cheap.

Third option ofc is the gregtech oilrig however that is down to luck at low tech. Basically use the same method as mining howver test drill with even larger space between drilling attempt. If you manage to find a good GT oil deposite you will be fine for the rest of your playthrough most likely.
One of the best pro:s about oilsand imo is that it's a surface deposit, so you don't need to dig down or get any special equipment, like pumps, just normal tools and you're set for oil... but it's also the most manual of the ways to get oil.

C

ColdComfort

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get diamonds for the macerator, but I need a mining level 3 pick to do so. Is it possible (or at least reasonable) to get one before you build the blast furnace, or is that just meant to make you grind a shit-ton of bronze with no intelligent optimizations available?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get diamonds for the macerator, but I need a mining level 3 pick to do so. Is it possible (or at least reasonable) to get one before you build the blast furnace, or is that just meant to make you grind a shit-ton of bronze with no intelligent optimizations available?
Indeed it is possible, the two most notable options are cobalt and thamium. The former spawns as cobaltite in nickel veins, the latter spawns as dungeon loot or is craftable with thaumcraft from iron or shards.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hey guys,

make an industrial diamond. or use the AE2 grinder for somewhat better yield on the early "pure" ores

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, well if you don't have them close by you could always just use a "split" farm sometimes... like have 3/4 be arboretum and one part be normal crops... and on the normal part you pull up the tube and place the growthlamp so it can't be destroyed by the trees...

can i use the lowest tier circuit board and still have 3/4 tree farm? or do i need the biggest one?

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
i have a big question it has to do with thaumcraft. for some reason even after getting to the point of eldritch i cant seem to make a thaumium bossed silverwood wand. what am i missing to get silverwood wand research? i have a void capped greatwood wand right now. lol

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
i have a big question it has to do with thaumcraft. for some reason even after getting to the point of eldritch i cant seem to make a thaumium bossed silverwood wand. what am i missing to get silverwood wand research? i have a void capped greatwood wand right now. lol
How many wand cores have you researched that branch from the Greatwood Wand Core?

T

To Asgaard

I am currently doing a LP for this pack if anyone is interested. Tomorrow I will be releasing episode 10 :) But if you want to check it out, here is a link to the first episode. Also if you have any questions feel free to let me know and I will do what I can to help you out.

P

Pyromancer56

I have no idea sorry, looking at the code here even with us having a value for EnergyPerVisDisvisor 100x greater than normal at 250000 it looks like with 62CV of all six aspects it should be fine at keeping up with EV. Can you check how much power it is producing?
Well now it doesn't seem to be producing any power.
Node Test 1.png
Node CV.png
Just to show the machine does work.
Dragon Egg.png
Energy Gain.png
Though for some reason the Egg never gets to 500 EU/t. This was the highest I have seen it get with a low of about 190 EU/t.

On a separate note, I can't seem to unlock KAMI. After using /iskamiunlocked I get this message "Remaining: CAP_gold,CAP_copper,INFUSIONENCHANTMENT". Both caps aren't research anymore and I don't know why Infusion Enchantment is showing when I have it. The only research I don't have is the Advanced Naquadah Transmutation (which is evil by the way and I can link every aspect except one).

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Modpack Update v3.2.8 - "KAMI-hemeha!" - Out soon
Quests:
- New quest about getting higher tier material - Bronze Age
- New quest to obtain Cropnalyzer early. - Bronze Age
- New shop item - Single-Use Acid Batteries
- "Manufactured Diamonds" - Lowered required amount of iDiamonds, raised optional reward
- "Electrical Tools" - Fixed quest not recognizing charged tools.
- Added Soldering Iron Quest

Mod Updates:
- BiblioCraft -> 1.11.5
- EnderCore -> 0.2.0.35
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.426
- IC2 Nuclear Control -> 2.4.0a
- InfinityCore -> 1.6b
- Jabba -> 1.2.2
- Railcraft Cosmetics -> 1.7.2
- WCT -> 1.8.6.2b
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.822
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.3.122

- Enabled Hardcore Wither mod by default

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed Railcraft Lead Plate name
- Removed its crafting recipe since its not used
- Removed Rebar crafting table recipe
- OpenComputers Manual no longer given to new players (since players can't start with OC before HV). Still craftable
- Added microblocks to few GT blocks
- Disabled Translocator Crafting Grid (dupe exploit)
- Raised energy usage of Telepad by 0.85x allowing it to be charged with HV and speeding the teleport process by 0.85x
- Disabled Slotted Book from Bibliocraft (dupe exploit)
- Fixed Electrical Tools dissapearing when running out of energy instead of just not being usable.
- Expanded Thaumcraft Native Cluster Support (couple new clusters)
- Enabled KAMI with "this-is-fucking-insane-hard" recipes

Jason, and all:

Just thought I'd drop you a quick note to let you know I'm dropping this modpack from my regular modpacks I'm playing, for the time being.

The reason is because there is too much early manual work involved in getting ore. The quest system was nice but it doesn't really substitute for a proper quarrying option for those who don't like to wear out mouse buttons finding GregTech ores. If Jason decides to make a decent early-game mining option available, I would advise he PM me with a message, otherwise just forget it. This pack is way too resource intensive for a single-player experience.

I sincerely hope Infitech does well in the modpack popularity ratings, it looks like a great pack for those willing to get together and have at it. It's just not what I imagined a single-player experience to be.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Currently /iskamiunlocked doesn't work, it's checking the normal requirements and not our modified ones. I've tracked down a fix that appears to let it work with the modified requirements and that should appear in the next update. Likely sooner than normal as there's been issues unlocking it more widely spread (also a recipe was broken), Advanced Naquadah Transmutation is possible to research though, just tricky.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
The advanced naquadah research is so damn awesome, i totaly loved the style since it was a real challenge.

Is the KAMI stuff currently unresearchable or do we simply need all other researches? I cant research the D.O.B catalys thing, it says missing required research...