[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
In vanilla thaumcraft only the infusion altar can interact with essentially mirrors, witching gadgets has a block called the essentially pump which will suck essentially out of jars to put in things that need it

really... well that was a waste of mirrors... but ok thank you. never knew that changed. guess i cant put my lamp of growth in center of my tree farm. sigh

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
really... well that was a waste of mirrors... but ok thank you. never knew that changed. guess i cant put my lamp of growth in center of my tree farm. sigh
You sort of still can I think? Just use long essentia tube networks, with Bellows to generate long-distance suction.

(Also, like RealKC mentioned, you can use the essentia pump which is freakin awesome)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
You sort of still can I think? Just use long essentia tube networks, with Bellows to generate long-distance suction.

(Also, like RealKC mentioned, you can use the essentia pump which is freakin awesome)
i have bad luck with the tree branches breaking the pipes...

its why i made the mirrors so id stop loosing my pipes.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I had similar problems, so I ran my pipes underground.

i have a forestry farm... i cant really run it through the farmblock XD anyways i now have two barrels of apples. ive been using 2 mv centrifuges to make fuel. methane. i cant process the apples fast enough. any thing else i should ues it for other then fruit juice and methane? any fancy set ups for thaumcraft? or gregtech that needs methane?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Why not use one farmblock to run the pipe? It's not like you get much trees growing closest to the central structure anyway... are you using diamond or square forestryfarms btw?

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use one farmblock to run the pipe? It's not like you get much trees growing closest to the central structure anyway... are you using diamond or square forestryfarms btw?
standard diamond. i dont tweak things to make it easier. also i tried that it still breaks the pipe. also i just lost one lamp of growth to the tree farm. gonna have to put it back a bit more.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

standard diamond. i dont tweak things to make it easier. also i tried that it still breaks the pipe. also i just lost one lamp of growth to the tree farm. gonna have to put it back a bit more.
oh, from what I've heard it's the diamond shape that is the optimal for tree farms since you get more "air" for each tree than with the square shape... and not everyone has your opinion about easier... for me the choice seems more like a visual one tbh since the farms don't vary too much with either setting.
Since you have the diamond shape why do you want the growthlamp centered instead of distributed around it... or are you just using one farm and that's it? I find that having multiple farms makes using growthlamps much more efficient around the edges since you never lose one to leaf-growth.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
oh, from what I've heard it's the diamond shape that is the optimal for tree farms since you get more "air" for each tree than with the square shape... and not everyone has your opinion about easier... for me the choice seems more like a visual one tbh since the farms don't vary too much with either setting.
Since you have the diamond shape why do you want the growthlamp centered instead of distributed around it... or are you just using one farm and that's it? I find that having multiple farms makes using growthlamps much more efficient around the edges since you never lose one to leaf-growth.

i only need one for trees... i have other farms for cotton, sticky resin, cactus, and sugarcane.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

i only need one for trees... i have other farms for cotton, sticky resin, cactus, and sugarcane.
hmmm, well if you don't have them close by you could always just use a "split" farm sometimes... like have 3/4 be arboretum and one part be normal crops... and on the normal part you pull up the tube and place the growthlamp so it can't be destroyed by the trees...

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to figure out if this is a bug or a feature (or maybe it is a bug that should stay as a feature, I don't know)

Subject: Enderminis

First, some facts about them... they are Neutral mobs unless attacked, the default config has them NOT attacking players who look at them, but they DO retaliate as a group if they see a player attack one of their friends.

Now for the scenario that I have encountered three times, and which accounts for the only two mob-related deaths I have on the Official Public Server... I am mining along, minding my own business, and there is an Endermini in the area. I can hear him making his little noises somewhere nearby, but I leave him alone, and I expect him to leave me alone while he wonders around looking for Creepers to attack. All of a sudden, without any provocation on my part, and for no other apparent reason I hear a loud, otherworldly WOOSH sound and the Endermini attacks me. (And before you ask... no, I did NOT accidentally hit him.) Like I said, this has happened three times, and I was only able to escape once. It just happens so fast and is totally unpredictable as far as I can tell. Nobody else that I know of has experienced this on the server, or if they have, they failed to recognize it as an unprovoked attack.

Are they programmed to agro the nearest player if they injure themselves? Do they randomly agro the nearest player based on local chunk difficulty or something? Does game difficulty have an effect? Have they always been this psychotic even when left unmolested? I have already read through the config file and I did not find my answers there. I have also asked the Almighty Google, but she has failed me. Any ideas?

P

Pyromancer56

So I'm not sure what is wrong but when trying to make the D-O-B bee in a Mutatron, I can't place a Naquadah and Thaumic Shard pair inside it. I have an Infused D-O-B Egg on the Mutatron and just to make sure, it is also in the End. I figured that the "DOB Bees now require catalyst also for breeding inside Mutatron" ment you needed the egg. Am I missing something or do you have to use normal means of getting the mutation?

On another note, it appears that those numbers about an energized node powering an EV absorber don't seem to be correct. A single EV absorber with a 62 CV of each aspect minimum can't power a ME system that has a 550 eu/t power draw.

Last edited:

oninaig

Jul 29, 2019
Two things:

1. How do you charge electric track with GT? So far the only way I've been able to charge railcraft's electric track is by hooking up GT power to a flux converter and then using shunts from the flux converter to the electric feeder unit and then shunting to the tracks. You can't just directly hook up an LV battery buffer to the electric feeder unit, it doesn't work. Is the flux converter the only way to power the track?
  2. With the power storage carts disabled, is there no other way to power an electric locomotive if it is not on electric track? Is there some other way to store battery power on the locomotive somewhere?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to figure out if this is a bug or a feature (or maybe it is a bug that should stay as a feature, I don't know)

Subject: Enderminis

First, some facts about them... they are Neutral mobs unless attacked, the default config has them NOT attacking players who look at them, but they DO retaliate as a group if they see a player attack one of their friends.

Now for the scenario that I have encountered three times, and which accounts for the only two mob-related deaths I have on the Official Public Server... I am mining along, minding my own business, and there is an Endermini in the area. I can hear him making his little noises somewhere nearby, but I leave him alone, and I expect him to leave me alone while he wonders around looking for Creepers to attack. All of a sudden, without any provocation on my part, and for no other apparent reason I hear a loud, otherworldly WOOSH sound and the Endermini attacks me. (And before you ask... no, I did NOT accidentally hit him.) Like I said, this has happened three times, and I was only able to escape once. It just happens so fast and is totally unpredictable as far as I can tell. Nobody else that I know of has experienced this on the server, or if they have, they failed to recognize it as an unprovoked attack.

Are they programmed to agro the nearest player if they injure themselves? Do they randomly agro the nearest player based on local chunk difficulty or something? Does game difficulty have an effect? Have they always been this psychotic even when left unmolested? I have already read through the config file and I did not find my answers there. I have also asked the Almighty Google, but she has failed me. Any ideas?

I remember way way back in past that Enderminies attacked other players when they were molested by other player on multiplayer. But haven't really experienced it by myself or saw any mention about it. I had couple of enderminies visiting my base and moving around, getting killed by steam pipes, but they never attacked me. Maybe bug? I don't really know. You could ask EnderZoo devs.

So I'm not sure what is wrong but when trying to make the D-O-B bee in a Mutatron, I can't place a Naquadah and Thaumic Shard pair inside it. I have an Infused D-O-B Egg on the Mutatron and just to make sure, it is also in the End. I figured that the "DOB Bees now require catalyst also for breeding inside Mutatron" ment you needed the egg. Am I missing something or do you have to use normal means of getting the mutation?

It should work just fine. Can you just for testing purposes go to config/gendustry/overrides/tunning.cfg and on the bottom delete this line to see if it will solve it: "gendustry.bee.DOB" = REQUIREMENTS ... DOBee is supposed to require catalyst (DOB Egg) in Mutatron. If the requirements tunning is broken, it might be worth reporting. This doesnt mean that everyone should remove that line. They are supposed to be hard to obtain, so breeding the good old way is the way to go if it is currently broken.

On another note, it appears that those numbers about an energized node powering an EV absorber don't seem to be correct. A single EV absorber with a 62 CV of each aspect minimum can't power a ME system that has a 550 eu/t power draw.

@Xavion ^^ I dont remember the calculation for CV conversion. Maybe the EU/t is affected widely with the Dragon Egg config we changed? Maybe its capping all the output rate to 500EU/t?

Two things:

1. How do you charge electric track with GT? So far the only way I've been able to charge railcraft's electric track is by hooking up GT power to a flux converter and then using shunts from the flux converter to the electric feeder unit and then shunting to the tracks. You can't just directly hook up an LV battery buffer to the electric feeder unit, it doesn't work. Is the flux converter the only way to power the track?
  2. With the power storage carts disabled, is there no other way to power an electric locomotive if it is not on electric track? Is there some other way to store battery power on the locomotive somewhere?

1. For EU -> Railcraft Charge you need to have IC2 Transformer to convert GTEU to IC2EU. So Battery Buffer -> IC2 Transformer -> Electric Feeder -> Track
2. Yes only Electric Track.

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing lots of stuff with opencomputers lately and they require huge amounts of pneumaticraft pcbs and my pressure chambers pressure is long time at 0 when i start to autocraft alot.

I could build lots of air compressor but thats kinda boring.
I know that processing items inside the pressure chamber doesnt use up any pressure its just the pressure chamber interface for inserting and extracting that need it.

What to do? Easy build a teleporter drop items ontop of it and teleport them inside the pressure chamber and then use another teleporter to get them out again.
Now the pressure stays constant even without the air compressors working and the processing time is vastly reduced. :D

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack Update v3.2.8 - "KAMI-hemeha!" - Out soon
Quests:
- New quest about getting higher tier material - Bronze Age
- New quest to obtain Cropnalyzer early. - Bronze Age
- New shop item - Single-Use Acid Batteries
- "Manufactured Diamonds" - Lowered required amount of iDiamonds, raised optional reward
- "Electrical Tools" - Fixed quest not recognizing charged tools.
- Added Soldering Iron Quest

Mod Updates:
- BiblioCraft -> 1.11.5
- EnderCore -> 0.2.0.35
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.426
- IC2 Nuclear Control -> 2.4.0a
- InfinityCore -> 1.6b
- Jabba -> 1.2.2
- Railcraft Cosmetics -> 1.7.2
- WCT -> 1.8.6.2b
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.822
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.3.122

- Enabled Hardcore Wither mod by default

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed Railcraft Lead Plate name
- Removed its crafting recipe since its not used
- Removed Rebar crafting table recipe
- OpenComputers Manual no longer given to new players (since players can't start with OC before HV). Still craftable
- Added microblocks to few GT blocks
- Disabled Translocator Crafting Grid (dupe exploit)
- Raised energy usage of Telepad by 0.85x allowing it to be charged with HV and speeding the teleport process by 0.85x
- Disabled Slotted Book from Bibliocraft (dupe exploit)
- Fixed Electrical Tools dissapearing when running out of energy instead of just not being usable.
- Expanded Thaumcraft Native Cluster Support (couple new clusters)
- Enabled KAMI with "this-is-fucking-insane-hard" recipes

S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop - - Enabled KAMI with "this-is-fucking-insane-hard" recipes
so... a new difficulty level? Is it something one should start out with from zero or is it something you recommend switching to on an established world?
What's it's intended purpose, to make it more "grindy" or something else? Spill all your seeeeecretz ;)

R

Rogash

so... a new difficulty level? Is it something one should start out with from zero or is it something you recommend switching to on an established world?
What's it's intended purpose, to make it more "grindy" or something else? Spill all your seeeeecretz ;)
I suppose it means you can craft the Kami stuff but the recipes for it are evil

P

Pyromancer56

It should work just fine. Can you just for testing purposes go to config/gendustry/overrides/tunning.cfg and on the bottom delete this line to see if it will solve it: "gendustry.bee.DOB" = REQUIREMENTS ... DOBee is supposed to require catalyst (DOB Egg) in Mutatron. If the requirements tunning is broken, it might be worth reporting. This doesnt mean that everyone should remove that line. They are supposed to be hard to obtain, so breeding the good old way is the way to go if it is currently broken.

Deleting that made it work. Guess I'll have to do it the hard way then.

@Xavion ^^ I dont remember the calculation for CV conversion. Maybe the EU/t is affected widely with the Dragon Egg config we changed? Maybe its capping all the output rate to 500EU/t?

I hope that it's just the Dragon Egg change affecting the EU/t from CV as well. This node is already so big I can see the glow through multiple floors, I'd hate to need a bigger node.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am not going to spoil it for you. But can say this: for most of KAMI stuff you need HEE and progress through a lot of Thaumcraft and some tech as well (osmium and stuff).

BTW the update will take bit longer than it was taking in past. This is due to the pack being listed without pack code and it needs to go through a different process that only few ppl on FTB can do...
So be patient.