[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

F

FutureCode

Recently found tip: Ignis imbued fire can convert sand to soul sand, and clay block to glowstone block.

As sand and clay are free, it provide a free and highly expandable source of glowstone and soul sand, which can be processed into gold, iron, redstone, sulfur, ruby, chrome, mercury, saltpeter, coal, oil etc.

A decent farm can be set up with bare block mining & placing mechanism.

RIP for netherminds & bees.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like an interessting idea, but i was told to never ever use imbued fire on our server...

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, I stumbled on the quests, very interesting, nice source of some easy Bronze, but I was wondering: Are there any quests that deal with water early on? You need a surprising amount of it to make bread early on, and bucketing water by hand is tiring, to say the least. I was hoping an early quest would explain that better, but maybe it's one of the later quests? I haven't got far into them yet, but I'm hoping a better method is in there somewhere! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Jason, I stumbled on the quests, very interesting, nice source of some easy Bronze, but I was wondering: Are there any quests that deal with water early on? You need a surprising amount of it to make bread early on, and bucketing water by hand is tiring, to say the least. I was hoping an early quest would explain that better, but maybe it's one of the later quests? I haven't got far into them yet, but I'm hoping a better method is in there somewhere! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Make a water tank? Water is intended to be a challenge early game.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Make a water tank? Water is intended to be a challenge early game.

I know of the methods to make infinite water sources, but that's not my problem, my problem is that I have to manually fill each bucket every time I want a bucket of water either for a dough recipe or for salt. This really can slow you down a lot. I was hoping Jason would have implemented some way of avoiding at least some of the tedium early-game.

And yes, I'm aware of LogisticsPipes, but that's something that requires a significant iron and resource investment, and is not fast to set up. I want to know if something already exists that could give me a water bucket when I need it without me having to do each one manually.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a nice little thing now with the changes made to the sag mill. Now you can actually make chrome from manageese ore deposites. The basic is the same for the different ores but you run ores with mananese as a byproduct in the sag mill. That gets you some crushed manganeese ore that happens to have chrome as its first byproduct. So then you just macerate and centrifuge the crushed manganeese ore for plenty of chromium :)

Im sure there are a lot of other tricks like this that was not possible before as you can get a lot of crushed ores now that was previously attainable from mining

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
What's a good way to keep a forestry farm filled with dirt? It goes through it fairly quickly and since I keep my server on I usually find it being 50% sand the next day, which is a bit tedious. I've considered delegating a section of my managed rubber farm to produce bio-chaff, but that honestly doesn't seem fast enough. Is it going through dirt due to my biome(plains) or is that just how it works? Keeping fertilizer in stock isn't a problem ,it is just the dirt that poses an issue.

D

Daur

Are Naquadah veins only found in the Asteroids or on Mars too? I've been told they're on Mars but I've haven't seen one yet.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I know of the methods to make infinite water sources, but that's not my problem, my problem is that I have to manually fill each bucket every time I want a bucket of water either for a dough recipe or for salt. This really can slow you down a lot. I was hoping Jason would have implemented some way of avoiding at least some of the tedium early-game.

And yes, I'm aware of LogisticsPipes, but that's something that requires a significant iron and resource investment, and is not fast to set up. I want to know if something already exists that could give me a water bucket when I need it without me having to do each one manually.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
EnderIO Fluid Tank can be set up to automatically fill water buckets and output them. There's an automatic crafting table from TubeStuff that can accept water buckets from the bottom and then output empty buckets back to that face.

S

Sixpaq

Are Naquadah veins only found in the Asteroids or on Mars too? I've been told they're on Mars but I've haven't seen one yet.

I've found naquadah on earth too. Ridiculously, I have at least 3 separate veins within an 18 chunk circumference of my base.

On a semi- related RNG woes topic. In that same radius I have zero salt veins. ZERO. Try making batteries without any salt :(

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, does anyone has a problem when after pressing "t" in ME terminal the game kicks you out? It's really annoying and not sure what's causing it. I checked my key bindings and nothing is bound to "t".

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update v3.2.6 - up in few minutes
Forge updated: 1614
Quests:
- "Silicon Age" - "Industrialist TNT" - Enhanced the tasks

New Mods:
- Wireless Crafting AE2 Terminal

Mod Updates:
- AppleCore -> 1.3.1
- Galacticraft -> 3.0.12.460
- InfinityCore -> 1.6
- Railcraft -> 9.11.0.0
- LogisticPipes -> 0.9.3.121
- Wawla -> 1.3.3

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed few aspect errors
- Enhanced Compatibility with IC2 (Pu, U)
- Sped up world loading time
- Changed eIO Enchanter recipe for Haste enchant
- Fixed EV Battery Charger (Workaround until GT.22)
- Lowered Volcano Spawnrate
- Added button for server download
- Added conversion recipe for GT Ores -> Vanilla (because of XU stabilization ritual)
- Enabled Last Millennium Dimension (default recipe, moved to QED)
- Fixed Extruder crafting recipe for PneumaticCraft Tubes (no longer consumes the Shape)
- Activated D-O-B bee
- Fixed Diamond Nugget unification

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Guys, does anyone has a problem when after pressing "t" in ME terminal the game kicks you out? It's really annoying and not sure what's causing it. I checked my key bindings and nothing is bound to "t".

Doesn't the chat window usually pop up when you hit 't'? It does for me, by default, and that's a vanilla Minecraft setting. Unless you moved chat to some other keybinding I'd speculate and hazard a guess that AE2 doesn't like being asked to open a chat window whilst you're in a ME terminal.

If that's not your problem are you getting console error messages or a crash report? Please post them in a pastebin if so.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

S

Sixpaq

Is there a way to get the repair enchant in this pack? Ive researched through the infusion enchanting recipes (I think) and no repair. I can see it not being an option due to the hard mode nature of the pack but wanted to check. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get the repair enchant in this pack? Ive researched through the infusion enchanting recipes (I think) and no repair. I can see it not being an option due to the hard mode nature of the pack but wanted to check. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes there is a way. Not sure from top of my head under what research prereqs its located, but there is definitely a way to get that.

The only keybind that is "t" and what might cause an issue is the ExtraUtilities one for Search Nearby Inventories.
This keybind is located under NEI settings (open inventory > OPTIONS on bottom left > KEYBINDINGS > INVENTORY > SEARCH NEARBY INVENTORY)

I can't change it to something else, because:
1) If I would do, I would need to push all the keybinds, which would always overwrite player settings
2) ExU is no longer updated for 1.7 and there is no option to change it in the ExU configs

Reactions: Aiwendil