[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Then i might just go for a vanilla oak farm, the smallest size of farming station is 7x7 but it can go all the way upp to 11x11 in size and then the output should be large enough even if its only oak. I will have to check the amount of sapplings and wood i need to produce to run the previous mentioned setup but it should be a bit less than 1 wood every 1.2 seconds and maybe 16 sapplings every minutes. So i think it should be possible within 7x7 to 11x11 farms. I suspect that the amount of sapplings will be much higher than the wood thought so i should check the ratio between the amount of excess sapplings and wood the farm produces. With the above setup i would need a ratio of 4 wood for every one sappling. I will probably make more detailed calculations for the requirement output of the farm later.

If the speed is not enought maybe there is something that can improve the growth speed of vanilla sapplings, maybe lamp of growth?

Now i also have to figure out what to do with the apples :)
well, 4 wood per sappling is guaranteed with oak, since the shortest oak trees have four trunks... personally I favour using spruce since the 2x2 of those have the occasional gigantic leaf-crowns... but apples are a nice side crop to oaks.

Lamp of growth or supplying bonemeal to the EnderIO farm are "easy" growth accelerators... though supplying bonemeal to the farm will increase it's power-usage.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Then i might just go for a vanilla oak farm, the smallest size of farming station is 7x7 but it can go all the way upp to 11x11 in size and then the output should be large enough even if its only oak. I will have to check the amount of sapplings and wood i need to produce to run the previous mentioned setup but it should be a bit less than 1 wood every 1.2 seconds and maybe 16 sapplings every minutes. So i think it should be possible within 7x7 to 11x11 farms. I suspect that the amount of sapplings will be much higher than the wood thought so i should check the ratio between the amount of excess sapplings and wood the farm produces. With the above setup i would need a ratio of 4 wood for every one sappling. I will probably make more detailed calculations for the requirement output of the farm later.

If the speed is not enought maybe there is something that can improve the growth speed of vanilla sapplings, maybe lamp of growth?

Yes, excess saplings make herba for lamps of growth, which makes this farm very fast, I think the fastest in this modpack (at the cost of power)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

If the eIO farming station will work with Forestry trees you could breed trees to have taller trunks, faster growth rate, and more sapplings. I think on my first InfiTech2 server I ended up doing this on a Forestry Farm though. Although i cant' recall if that was because the eIO station didn't' work with Forestry Trees or if it was just because eIO stirling generators were so awesome in powering a forestry farm.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
TBH i might actually go for a very sappling rich tree rather than a wood heavy tree as producing biogas is actually way more efficient in producing power. The turbines that run on gas has twice the output for same turbine run on steam and you dont need the expensive tungstensteel boiler. Also you can easily send the perfect amount of biogas for the turbine which is a lot more difficult with a tungstensteel boiler as it produces a set amount of steam (40k) which is slighly off for the HSS-S turbines (42k) with about 5% less efficiency as a result.

This would require a fair bit of distilation towers thought as you need 2 distilation towers for every HSS-S turbine and 1 pyrolyze oven for every for every 3 distilation towers.

Now that i think about it that actually indicates i should rather make some kind of crop farm rather than a tree farm. Then the question is which crop would be the most efficient to produce biochaffs. Most likely carrots or potatoes should do the trick. Not sure you can use other crops in farming station but vanilla crops.

A neat setup would be 2 LV macerators, 2 pyrolyze ovens and 6 distilation towers that could run 3 HSS-S gas turbines with some excess. You would need 16 potatoes/carrots per 20 seconds and it should produce 8820 eu/tick minus the cost for running the process which should be something like 1500-2000 ish eu/tick. It should also produce an excess of 0.0625 buckets of biogas every minute. It should be possible with 1-2 farming stations, especially if you use lamps of growth

Last edited:

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh man why does railcraft locomotives randomly turn around? It causes my train station to lock up completely since the locomotives turn around and try to go against one-way tracks. I've tried to see a pattern, but everything is chunkloaded and no weird/buggy intersections really, just them turning around occasionally.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I got a problem with the quest "Blast Furnace Upgrade - More Storage". I have made 1,4,9-slots Medium Voltage Battery Buffer. None of them worked
If you press R when hovering over the item in Quest book, you will get the recipe. It requires 16-slot buffer. There is a typo in the book.

actually... it might not be a typo but just me forgetting to swap the buffer from 16slot to 4slot.

Reactions: Astrik
A

Astrik

If you press R when hovering over the item in Quest book, you will get the recipe. It requires 16-slot buffer. There is a typo in the book.

actually... it might not be a typo but just me forgetting to swap the buffer from 16slot to 4slot.
Thanks, I was confused by the description

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Ahh man why does railcraft locomotives randomly turn around? It causes my train station to lock up completely since the locomotives turn around and try to go against one-way tracks. I've tried to see a pattern, but everything is chunkloaded and no weird/buggy intersections really, just them turning around occasionally.
is it occuring in corners/bends or straights?

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
is it occuring in corners/bends or straights?

I think it is primarily during bends, however I do see locomotives turned on straight tracks as well. Interestingly if it happens at the edge of a track that turns around the train can split into two segments riding on different sides with no fuel requirement, which is pretty interesting.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
If the eIO farming station will work with Forestry trees you could breed trees to have taller trunks, faster growth rate, and more sapplings. I think on my first InfiTech2 server I ended up doing this on a Forestry Farm though. Although i cant' recall if that was because the eIO station didn't' work with Forestry Trees or if it was just because eIO stirling generators were so awesome in powering a forestry farm.
Forestry trees don't work, sadly.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019

Is there any way to change font size? I can barely read that questbook. I could change GUI Scale but then the GUI is too huge >.<

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Dear Infitech crew.
I was wondering, since you so often make our beloved techtree more complex and 'fun', if you where planning on making aluminium a harder to process material?
The processing of bauxite(simplified):
bauxite -> alumina
alumina + cryolite(flux) -> aluminium

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change font size? I can barely read that questbook. I could change GUI Scale but then the GUI is too huge >.<
Not possible. It auto-scales.

Dear Infitech crew.
I was wondering, since you so often make our beloved techtree more complex and 'fun', if you where planning on making aluminium a harder to process material?
The processing of bauxite(simplified):
bauxite -> alumina
alumina + cryolite(flux) -> aluminium
I am trying to not change default GT progression. So if you would like to see change for GT i recommend you putting it in GT issue tracker.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk