[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, it seems there is a new issue with Distillery in last 5.09 build. I don't know if such kind of things belongs here, but Blood Asp is reading this thread anyways, soo.. The issue is that it converts Oil -> Sulfuric Light Fuel with 100% mass, e.g. 50ml of Oil = 50 ml of Sulfurin Light Fuel. Recipes in NEI say that it should be 50 -> 25.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, it seems there is a new issue with Distillery in last 5.09 build. I don't know if such kind of things belongs here, but Blood Asp is reading this thread anyways, soo.. The issue is that it converts Oil -> Sulfuric Light Fuel with 100% mass, e.g. 50ml of Oil = 50 ml of Sulfurin Light Fuel. Recipes in NEI say that it should be 50 -> 25.
Are you sure you're looking at the right recipe? Unless you look closely you might miss it but there are four oil -> sulfuric light fuel recipes in the distillery for 4 different kinds of oil, 25 oil -> 25 slf, 50 raw oil -> 25 slf, 10 heavy oil -> 5 slf, 75 light oil -> 10 slf.

At least as of 5.09.19 which I'm using, so make sure you check which oil shows up, plain oil actually should be 25 -> 25 according to NEI for me.

Reactions: Mikhail Krutov

Caotical

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question concerning thaumic tinkerer KAMI. Is it disabled by accident, on purpose, or is it an option we are allowed to change on our multiplayer server? I know it's a config option boolean, I just want to know if it's ok for us to change that.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It's disabled on purpose, balance reasons or something, you could probably get more details if you want.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I am running the newest version of InfiTech 2 and I am unable to see a recipe for the oil drilling rig, is this not in the pack or is it just missing from NEI?

Also, is there a good way to convert rf to eu with gregtech? I was thinking about making some Galacticraft solar panels and converting their output to EU.

Lastly, is it a glitch that no wire from Gregtech connects to the Windmill? Went through the trouble of crafting 32 of them to find out I couldnt use them

Last edited:

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Do. Im going for my Věry first ebf now.
I don't have mv yet, just lv plus transformers, and source of power is reliable enough (I'm sitting on a huge pile of oil sands). The question is, should I use my first stainless steel to make a drill? Does iron drill break over same timespan as iron pickaxe?

Corax

Jul 29, 2019
drills take a very long time to break, much more than a pickaxe of the same material, but they will eventually. however they need to be recharged quite often.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit confused since the numbers in Durability are same as numbers for pickaxes. Whatever, only couple more things left to make the EBF, and I hope I'll be done on next time I'll play Gt.

Corax

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, the durability is the same but the drill is like a pick with a very high unbreaking level

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I am running the newest version of InfiTech 2 and I am unable to see a recipe for the oil drilling rig, is this not in the pack or is it just missing from NEI?

Also, is there a good way to convert rf to eu with gregtech? I was thinking about making some Galacticraft solar panels and converting their output to EU.

Lastly, is it a glitch that no wire from Gregtech connects to the Windmill? Went through the trouble of crafting 32 of them to find out I couldnt use them

Oil drilling rig is in GT 5.09 and current version of the pack uses earlier version of the mod, 5.08.xx.
5.09 will be implemented in Infitech 3.2.

As far as I know, the best way to convert RF to EU is PneumaticCraft. You should be able to see some setups on previous pages.

No IC2 generators connect to GT cables. You have to put them next to batbox/mfe/mfsu that connects directly to GT transformer. Then you can use cables to connect that setup with other parts of your base.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
hm... so I just played around a little with getting LV distilleries working by only feeding them with LV Diesel Gens. I figured after a lot of testing transformers would have a little what would be called an energy loss. Can someone explain me exactly how this works? To reproduce: Hook up a MV Battery Buffer (1 battery) behind a LV Battery Buffer (1 battery as well) and put a transformer (MV -> LV) in front of it hooked up to machines using exactly 32 EU/t. You will find out the MV Battery will slowly but surely lose energy.

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have to synthesize naquadah? I searched about 4000 blocks square in the asteroid dimension and came up with nothing. Tons of just about everything else however

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have to synthesize naquadah? I searched about 4000 blocks square in the asteroid dimension and came up with nothing. Tons of just about everything else however
the End has Naquadah. I saw it et there when I failed to kill the dragon twice.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
How do people manage to get enough meteoric iron?

I've been mining meteors on the moon, and I've got the tier 2 rocket, but I need another 75 meteors worth to make the tier 3 rocket. This will take many many hours at the rate I'm finding meteors.

Is there any other, better, way to get meteoric iron?

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I'll take a look. The gregtech oregen configuration file says end=false for naquadah however

Im positive its spawning in the end. I think asteroids are Overworld-spawn related. So you can only find it in the end. Correct me if Im wrong.