[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. My EBF doesnt smelt iron ore+caco3 for some reason. It can smelt aluminum, stainless, titanium, wrought iron normally, but it doesnt even start smelting iron\pyrite+ caco3. Please halp.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
And on the TC steel transmutation, where do you get your Ordo from, primarily, as I couldn't really find a viable source.
Smelt cobble>stone, get a chiesel file and turn stone into chieseled stone. Thats is 1 terra+1 ordo. Its the best thing apart mass producing tc plants, whatever thename

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
I can't check now but I believe it's a 500EU/t recipe. Make sure you have the proper energy hatch and a suitable power supply.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
So basically the most notable two options are wiremills and bending machines, I prefer wiremills first as they quadruple wires per ingot which are the biggest cost in my experience, steel generally being pretty easy. At least going off the alpha which uses 5.09 so costs may have changed a little but should be basically identical, here is the breakdown for them. The tin, copper, and redstone costs are for wires, and the wrought iron and steel is for plates, just gives the relevant parts, rods don't change with either machine for example so are ignored. Remember that item casings should be made in the alloy smelter with a casing mold for 1.5 casing per ingot and not via plates which give only 0.5
casing per ingot pre LV.
<snip>
Just 2c: in 5.09, I find that the hardest part is to find enough of god damn sulfur. So my first machine of choice is Centrifuge, which gives me ability to get some of Sulfur as byproduct of Pyrite, or as a main product of macerating Netherrack.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
And on the TC steel transmutation, where do you get your Ordo from, primarily, as I couldn't really find a viable source.

I build a setup that either can use red granite cobblestone or crafting tables to create the needed ordo for steel production.

Red granite cobblestone contains 1 fabrico 1 instrumentum and 1 ordo. centrifuging fabrico yields instrumentum and humanus, centrifuging instrumentum yields humanus and ordo.
so you get 1.75 ordo per red granite cobble.

Crafting tables yield 4 fabrico, so you can use both materials in the same setup to get your needed ordo

Red granite needs a level 3 pickaxe though, so you need to use a thaumium pickaxe to farm it.

on a side node: you need Motus, Spiritus and Humanus to create Golems, you can make Motus and spiritus out of Humanus, so it's pretty easy to get the nice early golem automation

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Or if you are more about their products:
1) Thirsty Tank with Bovine Glyph to Milk cows
2) EnderIO Farming Station to shear sheeps
ok, I have now tried the farming station to shear sheep and it just does not work. Does this actually work or were you thinking of something else?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I have now tried the farming station to shear sheep and it just does not work. Does this actually work or were you thinking of something else?
I did not tried that, but I saw that you can put shears into it. So i just thought it would work... Now i am reading about it, and it looks like it shears only tree leaves :( Sorry about misinformation.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I did not tried that, but I saw that you can put shears into it. So i just thought it would work... Now i am reading about it, and it looks like it shears only tree leaves :( Sorry about misinformation.
bummer. but that would explain why I never thought to try it, but def don't stop thinking outside the box... :) That's where the fun starts... :)

Ok, so other than the lag inducing dynamism tablet, how would you go about sheering sheep then? We've updated the pack with dev branch on the server and with the new recipe for black carpet for the lv cables, this has become a thorn in our side doing it manually, even with empowered dark shears. Is farming cotton the only viable solution then, or mob farm? i.e. no shearing of sheep?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
bummer. but that would explain why I never thought to try it, but def don't stop thinking outside the box... :) That's where the fun starts... :)

Ok, so other than the lag inducing dynamism tablet, how would you go about sheering sheep then? We've updated the pack with dev branch on the server and with the new recipe for black carpet for the lv cables, this has become a thorn in our side doing it manually, even with empowered dark shears. Is farming cotton the only viable solution then, or mob farm? i.e. no shearing of sheep?
PcCraft Drone or OC Drone should be really able to do it.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt its 500 eu recepie. Because I moved my EBF and at first it did smelt iron+caco3. Then I smelted some aluminum and after that I couldnt smelt iron. I ll try HV

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt its 500 eu recepie. Because I moved my EBF and at first it did smelt iron+caco3. Then I smelted some aluminum and after that I couldnt smelt iron. I ll try HV

Edit #1: First of all, what kind of energy hatch do you use?
Secondly: Are you using multiple (edit #2)energy hatch on your EBF? (If yes, move on to next question)
Do you input power to those multiple hatches via cable or directly from a machine (no wire inbetween)?

Last edited:

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Edit #1: First of all, what kind of energy hatch do you use?
Secondly: Are you using multiple (edit #2)energy hatch on your EBF? (If yes, move on to next question)
Do you input power to those multiple hatches via cable or directly from a machine (no wire inbetween)?
Did you read? I can smelt aluminum = MV tier

I got answered at IC2 forum. For some reason, when oxygen is present in the hatch, it wont smelt ore+oxygen. It means that you either do liquid based receies or dry recepies at ebf at a time. You cant smelt, say, wrought iron > steel, next iron ore + caco3 and wrought iron after that as the EBF will get stuck with oxygen, if there is more then 0 inside

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, can someone explain to me the "fuel efficiency" concept from gregtech?

My guess is that:
To produce X mass of fuel, you need Y energy
By supplying X mass of fuel to machine Z with 95% efficiency, you get back only 95% of Y.

Am I right?

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, can someone explain to me the "fuel efficiency" concept from gregtech?

My guess is that:
To produce X mass of fuel, you need Y energy
By supplying X mass of fuel to machine Z with 95% efficiency, you get back only 95% of Y.

Am I right?

Each fuel has a basic Fuel Value, which you can find in the "Recipes" config file.

For example Ethanol, which is listed as 128 in the config, meaning 1 bucket (would be 1 item in the case of solid fuels) would give 128,000 EU. The Fuel Efficiency is a modifier, for example the Basic Diesel Generator has a fuel efficiency of 90%, so you do 90% of 128,000 to get the actual energy output.

Reactions: Mikhail Krutov

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was all compared to multiblocks. Say, large steam turbine from GT gets 90-100+ effeciency (depending on the rotor) and compared to that, single block turbine gets 66% eff (which is 24-34% less, then multiblock) and etc