[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you need meteoric iron after the MK3 rocket?

Im looking for a machine that can replace blocks of a building with other ones. I have a building designed in vanilla minecraft, i want to replace its white wool with wihte blocks of quartz. Does anyone know an easy solution for that?
Its possible to copy the white wool with MC Edit and repaste that with a template (from buildcraft) using other materials, but is there an easier way?

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is more an IC2 thing. Its the way they safe the value of the stored energy. There is not realy much you can do other than taking an empty crystal, teach the system how to make an empty crystal (important: you have to use an empty crystal) and use empty crystals in crafting recipes. Im not too sure though, havent used those mods for some time now. Maybe someone has a better solution.

Will try to setup some thing like this.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you need meteoric iron after the MK3 rocket?

Im looking for a machine that can replace blocks of a building with other ones. I have a building designed in vanilla minecraft, i want to replace its white wool with wihte blocks of quartz. Does anyone know an easy solution for that?
Its possible to copy the white wool with MC Edit and repaste that with a template (from buildcraft) using other materials, but is there an easier way?
well there is a lot staff which request meteoric iron.
for replacing one blocks with others - not machine but thaum wand cap equal exchange will help U a lot.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That one sounds interessting, how much blocks can i change at once?
I can't double check now but I think it's based off a range limit of everything within three blocks of what you use it on, as mentioned you'd want to check in-game to be sure.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Well, hasnt this ballooned out since i last visited ... i dont think ive made a post since just after page 100.
Glad to see its still going strong!
I kinda got myself burned out on minecraft a while back, went to try out some other stuff, X-com, space engineers (which is amazing, if a little buggy) and then landed myself in a new guild in warcraft, so ive been busy :D
I must say, @Jason McRay , i love the new main menu screen!
Now i just need to remember everything id wrapped my head around before i stopped playing ... oh boy.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Well, hasnt this ballooned out since i last visited ... i dont think ive made a post since just after page 100.
Glad to see its still going strong!
I kinda got myself burned out on minecraft a while back, went to try out some other stuff, X-com, space engineers (which is amazing, if a little buggy) and then landed myself in a new guild in warcraft, so ive been busy :D
I must say, @Jason McRay , i love the new main menu screen!
Now i just need to remember everything id wrapped my head around before i stopped playing ... oh boy.

hah, welcome back :) btw, Jason is experimenting with a newer version of GT afaik. This one will change early game quite a lot, so if you wanna start out again it might be smart to wait until it gets pushed out. Correct me if Im wrong, im not too deep into it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
hah, welcome back :) btw, Jason is experimenting with a newer version of GT afaik. This one will change early game quite a lot, so if you wanna start out again it might be smart to wait until it gets pushed out. Correct me if Im wrong, im not too deep into it.
You are correct... Its also not only GT that is going to be different, but also few other additions to other mods, that for best experience I will recommend starting over.

Btw i just realized... InfiTech 2 modpack is out for 1 and half years and still kicking :) HOLY CRAP!

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay

Gratulations! Actualy I think this modpack might even stay like that (v2) for at least another year. So keep it up ;). Also there are two minor things I found:
The pickaxe recipe from bluepower is still in the pack. It gives you realy strong ruby/sapphire picks with a vanilla recipe. (750 dur vs 250 dur of iron). Im thinking its not supposed to be in the game.
Also would it be possible to create some thaumcraft achievements? I realy like them and they could give me a nice motivation kick especially in early game.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
so I have a pretty severe problem that I would have to assume ppl would be noticing if they were having this issue as well.

Running 3.1.23 on a server. no additions/deletions.

We finally made energypacks and advanced diamond drills. had some nice veins in nether that we hit, had no real issues.

Enchanted or not tho, digging in the overworld is causing a lot of grief. If you hit gravel, the blocks disappear but become phantom and you can't move through them. relogging and the gravel's back again. (This is in 3x3 hole mode). If you hit a block that ALSO pulls down the gravel, it seems to work most of the time but not always. This makes the drill almost useless mining in the overworld. Sand, dirt, any other blocks, seem to cause no problems. Just gravel.

Wondering if this is a SMP issue or anyone could please give some hints on how to fix it. I had just started to feel like I was accomplishing a great thing by getting 3x3 mining when this happened and am full of sads right now :( hehe

Edit: so, after alot of fussing, I cycled through the modes and it seemed to start working.

I wonder if perhaps if you enchant it, you need to cycle the modes to get it to recognize some change in metadata or something ? (w.a.g.) I'm happy camper again tho.

DoomSQuirter, I don't think I saw any replies to this.

Just fyi, your problems aren't going to end there. The Advanced diamond drill does seem to produce ghost blocks, and its not really limited to gravel. You'll get them with stone too occassionally.

It seems to be worse on servers to some degree but you get it a lot in single player too. You just sorta learn to "place" blocks where you think the ghost blocks are and drill them again.

Honestly the advanced diamond drill is so amazingly fast that even with this crappy block I still find its just about the fastest way to collect blocks on the fly. Once I make one of these, I don't often bother using arcane bores anymore. You can probably argue that an advanced miner or some such is better but sometimes you just want to get a few stacks of ore X really quick and you don't want to waste any time setting up the machines and infrastructure.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct... Its also not only GT that is going to be different, but also few other additions to other mods, that for best experience I will recommend starting over.

Btw i just realized... InfiTech 2 modpack is out for 1 and half years and still kicking :) HOLY CRAP!

And it's the 3rd most replied to thread :) And most of these posts are to the point, not some kids spamming like in others.

M

Meatl

DoomSQuirter, I don't think I saw any replies to this.

Just fyi, your problems aren't going to end there. The Advanced diamond drill does seem to produce ghost blocks, and its not really limited to gravel. You'll get them with stone too occassionally.

It seems to be worse on servers to some degree but you get it a lot in single player too. You just sorta learn to "place" blocks where you think the ghost blocks are and drill them again.

Honestly the advanced diamond drill is so amazingly fast that even with this crappy block I still find its just about the fastest way to collect blocks on the fly. Once I make one of these, I don't often bother using arcane bores anymore. You can probably argue that an advanced miner or some such is better but sometimes you just want to get a few stacks of ore X really quick and you don't want to waste any time setting up the machines and infrastructure.
Is it even faster than HV-Drill (Tungsteen steel, as common) from GT? Try it, it doesn't have any problems with ghost blocks. And it is as fast as you can RUN through ores and mine.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is it even faster than HV-Drill (Tungsteen steel, as common) from GT? Try it, it doesn't have any problems with ghost blocks. And it is as fast as you can RUN through ores and mine.
In terms of blowing through blocks and running forward, GT drills are faster. Those are even faster than an IC2 mining laser for exploration.

In terms of collecting ores from a vein, the advanced drill is faster. Particularly since you don't accidentally blow holes where you don't want them. You just point forward and collect for the most part.

Cloudie

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I figured out my real lag issue that I had a few days ago...

Turns out, my computer was only letting my cpu cap out at like 20-30%. So when I changed the power settings to max performance everything skyrocketed, so now my fps is around 180 :D And now I feel really stupid for not even checking that haha. Just wanted to update you guys in case the same thing happens again to someone else!

Reactions: Pyure

Michael Villaronga

Jul 29, 2019
You should research how GregTech spawns it's ores, they're basically large oval shaped clusters covering a 3x3 chunk and spread out so you have to do digging to find them. It's possible your mining well is completely missing the ores. Unless you want to build a world eater, which in itself will be expensive, you might want to do branch mining. ;-)

Branch mining or removing entire sections of chunks with a quarry are your two main options. The quarry is very expensive to make though! :D If you're familiar with Thaumcraft, you might be able to use it's Arcane Bore which runs on Thaumcraft based power.

If you don't mind spending time in a test world, there is a /cofh command that will reveal ores and how they spawn so you can figure out how to mine for them better. I would not, however, recommend using it in your main world. Naturally, if you're on a server with other players, this will be unavailable to you except for single-player testing by yourself.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

I appreciate the advice. I started out branch mining like I always do but figured there had to be a better way. Based on some things I had read the suggestion was to mine a shaft in the center of the 3x3 ore spawn grid. This was getting to be a PITA. I had been dropping the well in the center of chunks and had done a 5x5 area trying to figure out the alignment of the 3x3 grid and was getting odd results.

I didn't know about the COFH command. So I did some experimentation and played with your suggestions. I loaded up a new world and cut out about a 500x500 block area. I started throwing down markers as I found what appeared to be the center of the veins. So I got to find out they were different shapes. They also might not be in the whole 3x3 area. I also found out that it is possible for a spot in the grid to be blank like I had suspected.

So I expanded my prospecting area out to an 8x8 and managed to find two veins that let me orient my 3x3 grid. Once I had that and knew there could be blank spots its been easy sailing. Hop over 48 blocks, cut up a tree, drop the mining kit and then watch a show while I wait for it to finish and see what it dug up. Bookmark it on the map and move it over to the next spot. The nice thing about the well is it leaves a shaft so just drop a rope ladder down it and you have a pre-built access shaft.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I appreciate the advice. I started out branch mining like I always do but figured there had to be a better way. Based on some things I had read the suggestion was to mine a shaft in the center of the 3x3 ore spawn grid. This was getting to be a PITA. I had been dropping the well in the center of chunks and had done a 5x5 area trying to figure out the alignment of the 3x3 grid and was getting odd results.

I didn't know about the COFH command. So I did some experimentation and played with your suggestions. I loaded up a new world and cut out about a 500x500 block area. I started throwing down markers as I found what appeared to be the center of the veins. So I got to find out they were different shapes. They also might not be in the whole 3x3 area. I also found out that it is possible for a spot in the grid to be blank like I had suspected.

So I expanded my prospecting area out to an 8x8 and managed to find two veins that let me orient my 3x3 grid. Once I had that and knew there could be blank spots its been easy sailing. Hop over 48 blocks, cut up a tree, drop the mining kit and then watch a show while I wait for it to finish and see what it dug up. Bookmark it on the map and move it over to the next spot. The nice thing about the well is it leaves a shaft so just drop a rope ladder down it and you have a pre-built access shaft.

You wouldn't be able to post a couple of screenshots, by any chance? Oregen might change in the next version of the modpack which is due out when Jason gets around to making it stable enough to release on us. It'd be nice, however, in the meantime, to be able to work out how to orient my own mining operations. I normally would do a branch mine stretching 100 by 50 (approximately) but this doesn't seem to reveal a whole lot of GT ores. If there's a better way for me to do early mining, before I can actually get a mining well powered and running, that'd be nice to know. Mainly I've so far been doing exploring around caves and mineshafts with the usual mixed results. What I'd like is to learn the oregen and the levels better so I can adapt my mining technique to reveal ores sooner rather than later.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know the correct formula for large plasma turbine rotors? it doesn't seem to match with the in-game tool tip or include efficiency.

according to the wiki for example it says

• Optimal Flow = Nominal Output / Fuel Value
  • Helium Plasma: (10000 * 40) / (4096) = ~98 L/s or ~5 L/t

and

• A Large Plasma Turbine using a "40000L/sec" turbine item has a nominal output of (40000/20) * 40 = 80000 EU/t.

so 30000EU/t turbine (large tungstensteel) should put out 60000EU/t before losses
this would be 15 mb/t using helium plasma (4096Eu/mb)

but the tooltip says optimal plasma flow (optimal plasma energy value per tick) = 30000 EU/t
this would be 8 mb/t using helium plasma (4096Eu/mb)

and i don't see an efficiency modifier so with a 140% efficient rotor would it be reduced plasma usage or increased energy output?

and also does this mean the maximum possible energy generation from a large plasma turbine is 80000 EU/t before losses? the way it reads different plasmas only increase the energy density of the storage and reduce the plasma consumption of the large turbine. And also the durability loss is EU dependant so no other plasma other than helium really has that much benefit other than acting as a larger reservoir

Last edited:
C

catt0

So I got into this pack and I like it a lot so far.
However I already experienced the explosive nature of GT machines and can not explain why it happened in the following case:
0e426bcf0d75944be372e7e1a0a5369d.png

Setup:
The EBF is fed via 3 LV battery buffers with 4 sodium batteries each, powered by 5 basic steam turbines. My power net is not strong enough to handle the constant load, but smelting 2 ingots at a time works after buffering some energy. Also I disabled wire fires in the config.

Explosion:
While testing whether I lose the items when the EBF runs out of power (as expected I do), I hit the controller multiple times with a soft hammer to force it to start. I was greeted by a nice sized crater, however the explosion seems to have come from the power setup as the left side (in the pic) of the EBF was still mostly intact. It was also raining at the time, but all machines are either covered by the floor of the next level or at least conduits. I also did not hear any fire before the explosion, which I assumed would happen before.

My guess is that either conduits do not count as a block when it comes to protecting from rain or even rain on the block next to a machine can cause explosions. Or is it related to starting the EBF several times in a short time frame with not enough power?

P.S. It is funny how playing a heavy GT pack makes me look for ways to work around the Greg, I got into Thaumcraft much deeper and earlier than before. The steel processing is much faster and I think I figured out how to mass produce aluminium with nearly completely renewable resources, only Metallum needs to be supplied. Even this aspect seems to be renewable using some high end foods.