[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Borisigor

Jul 29, 2019
We finally got to a point in the game where we can run the EBF without stopping! Very happy moment on this day. We can run all the machines in our base using just a Big Reactor. Recently got a Applied Energistics storage system up and that is a great time also, Very close to making the QED to get really going! Thanks For making this amazing pack! Also, just thought I should mention, Liquid Translocators are REALLY powerful. We move steam around our base by openblock tanks and Liquid Translocators. I was worried the Big reactor steam wouldn't work for Gregtech machines. Those things are THIRSTY! We need 8 thirsty tanks going full bore to keep it supplied with enough water. Any tips would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 2016-01-10_23.52.53.png
    2016-01-10_23.52.53.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: Pyure

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
I think I know your problem.
Gregtech wrenches work differently than most wrenches you have to use LEFTCLICK (break it) to get the pipe back and the RIGHTCLICK is reserved for moving the output around.

heyho!

i have build an electricial wrench but i still cant dismantle the tungstensteel fluid pipes, no idea why:cool:

edit: now i had some pipes where it workso_O perhaps i had a wrong hitpoint or so:D

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, on our server, we have progressed past bronze and have some basic machines.

I am having a strange issue tho. My friend made a basic macerator and had it setup. I came up to machine, wrenched it's output to bottom, it has power from the back, put a hopper on top, but nothing will feed into it.

Being a noob I went into ssp to test and the only way I was able to replicate the issue was by setting the output with a wrench, to the top of the machine. I went back on server, picked up machine with wrench, placed it back down, re-wrenched it's output, still nothing.

2 questions
1) what possible reasons could the machine not be accepting items (they are valid items for the macerator)
2) is the old gregtech thing still here where if you wrench a machine, u have a chance of breaking it?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
heyho!

i have build an electricial wrench but i still cant dismantle the tungstensteel fluid pipes, no idea why:cool:
The electrical wrench is from ic2 not gregtech.

so, on our server, we have progressed past bronze and have some basic machines.

I am having a strange issue tho. My friend made a basic macerator and had it setup. I came up to machine, wrenched it's output to bottom, it has power from the back, put a hopper on top, but nothing will feed into it.

Being a noob I went into ssp to test and the only way I was able to replicate the issue was by setting the output with a wrench, to the top of the machine. I went back on server, picked up machine with wrench, placed it back down, re-wrenched it's output, still nothing.

2 questions
1) what possible reasons could the machine not be accepting items (they are valid items for the macerator)
2) is the old gregtech thing still here where if you wrench a machine, u have a chance of breaking it?
1)
The front of any machine is not accepting any items.
The output that you can move around is also blocking any item input (use screwdriver to enable it).

Could there be a redstone signal nearby blocking the hopper? (replace macerator with chest to test)

2)
You always get the machine back.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The electrical wrench is from ic2 not gregtech.

1)
The front of any machine is not accepting any items.
The output that you can move around is also blocking any item input (use screwdriver to enable it).

Could there be a redstone signal nearby blocking the hopper? (replace macerator with chest to test)

2)
You always get the machine back.
awesome about #2. was worried about that during testing on server.

Not using front at all, just the top. I wrenched the output to bottom, so the top of the basic macerator has got that normal visual, nothing. yet it won't input items.

I had tried item conduits set to always on, so testing against redstone wouldn't make much of a difference tho I hit it with screwdriver, assuming there's no gui or change of what it looks like, how do you tell if it's set one way or another. it makes a sound like it's doing something but nothing to see.

double checked sanity and did the chest/hopper test, nada. it sends item just fine.

I was reading and read about covers and how screwdriver alters it's state and sets stack size, how do you tell if there's a cover on? To me, it looks just like any of the other machines cept it has the graphical thing that is on top that runs when machine runs

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

Not using front at all, just the top. I wrenched the output to bottom, so the top of the basic macerator has got that normal visual, nothing. yet it won't input items.

I had tried item conduits set to always on, so testing against redstone wouldn't make much of a difference tho I hit it with screwdriver, assuming there's no gui or change of what it looks like, how do you tell if it's set one way or another. it makes a sound like it's doing something but nothing to see.

double checked sanity and did the chest/hopper test, nada. it sends item just fine.

I was reading and read about covers and how screwdriver alters it's state and sets stack size, how do you tell if there's a cover on? To me, it looks just like any of the other machines cept it has the graphical thing that is on top that runs when machine runs

ok, I think I may have solved the issue, it was the item's durability (was trying to recycle some iron armor but it had durability dmg, repaired it, it now takes it) which is wierd since I can stick it in the machine as is w/o hopper or anything, and it macerates it just fine.

Thanks for the pointer about the screwdriver/output side, didn't know u could do that.

Reactions: DarknessShadow

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019

what about putting a conveyor cover on the machine? Although I have not had any problems with buildcraft pipes, ender io conduits or hopper directly to machines.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
what about putting a conveyor cover on the machine? Although I have not had any problems with buildcraft pipes, ender io conduits or hopper directly to machines.
Shouldn't be necessary.

Doomsquirter, have you tried inputting to other sides? Have you tried inputting to other GT machines?

Also have you checked to ensure there's no cover on top? I frequently accidentally attach covers to things in GT. You can crowbar the side of the machine to remove a cover from it. A cover would prevent connections and therefore prevent inputs.

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't be necessary.

Doomsquirter, have you tried inputting to other sides? Have you tried inputting to other GT machines?

Also have you checked to ensure there's no cover on top? I frequently accidentally attach covers to things in GT. You can crowbar the side of the machine to remove a cover from it. A cover would prevent connections and therefore prevent inputs.

I think in his latest post he said he found the problem.

S

sgninvisible

Well, if you tell ua what the issue is, than we might be of assistance :) Also which version of the modpack?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Sorry for not being more specific. When placing honeycomb in a gregtech centrifuge it will refuse to process it. The forestry centrifuge is disabled. The processing recipes indicate that it needs to be centrifuged. I believe we are in 3.1.21 amd have altered gregtech to 5.09 rather than the standard gregtech and forestry 4.x.

Last edited:

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I think I may have solved the issue, it was the item's durability (was trying to recycle some iron armor but it had durability dmg, repaired it, it now takes it) which is wierd since I can stick it in the machine as is w/o hopper or anything, and it macerates it just fine.

Thanks for the pointer about the screwdriver/output side, didn't know u could do that.

You're probably trying to macerate damaged armour you get from mobs. Yes, you can put it in manually just fine, but not automatically. You need to repair it first. Don't ask me why it's like that because I don't know. I worked around it by automatically repairing my damaged armour in Thaumic Restorer (fed with instrumentum from stone shovels if I remember correctly). You also need item conduits set up correctly so that they won't take stuff out from the Restorer if it's not been fully repaired.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You're probably trying to macerate damaged armour you get from mobs. Yes, you can put it in manually just fine, but not automatically. You need to repair it first. Don't ask me why it's like that because I don't know. I worked around it by automatically repairing my damaged armour in Thaumic Restorer (fed with instrumentum from stone shovels if I remember correctly). You also need item conduits set up correctly so that they won't take stuff out from the Restorer if it's not been fully repaired.
Ditto. Good setup.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/lGFBM

Here are 2 screenshots of the setup. Most stuff is hidden because I like to hide conduits pipes etc.
1. screen - mind the hourglass, it's required (at least I couldn't make it work without it). There's essentia jars with instrumentum below. For some reason is instrumentum is flowing into the Restorer, it won't be extracted from the alembic. So I set the hourglass to periodically switch the current on/off (every 80 or so seconds). You can do that with Blue Power too to this is more compact.
2. This is conduit filter extracting repaired armour. Mind the settings.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Does anyone know what mod makes skeletons spawn that attack you and give you radiation poisoning, along with several other negative side-effects? The amount of health I lose is way too much so I just kill the skeleton as quickly as possible, then goto Peaceful mode to get rid of the ridiculous amount of damage ticks I'm getting from damage it applies to me.

It doesn't even appear as if this mob drops any useful loot, is there a point to having this mob in the modpack?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
Im searching for players on my server.
Because I like to play a lot with automation I set up my own server a long time ago. After some breaks Im back playing Infitech and since I couldnt find any good europen server I got my own one.
Its hosted at OVH with a stong i5 dual-core 4th gen and 8GB of RAM. Pings are good and the tps is pretty perfect. Usual tick takes 5ms. I would be happy to get some more Survivors joining me.
The world is generated in the newest version of Infitech and the server will be kept up-to-date. World downloads are no problem.
If you are interested in more details just pm me :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone know what mod makes skeletons spawn that attack you and give you radiation poisoning, along with several other negative side-effects? The amount of health I lose is way too much so I just kill the skeleton as quickly as possible, then goto Peaceful mode to get rid of the ridiculous amount of damage ticks I'm getting from damage it applies to me.

It doesn't even appear as if this mob drops any useful loot, is there a point to having this mob in the modpack?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Gregtech.

One of the last GT5 versions added the random ability for Skeletons to fire arrows with affects, and those affects can include radiation. I'm inclined to agree with you that its silly.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It is pretty nasty knowing that any skeleton out there might have a special arrow in its quiver. Carry around some form of regen if you get feathered on a regular basis otherwise you're dead. I wonder if drinking a bucket of milk helps?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
It is pretty nasty knowing that any skeleton out there might have a special arrow in its quiver. Carry around some form of regen if you get feathered on a regular basis otherwise you're dead. I wonder if drinking a bucket of milk helps?

Or I could change the following line in the Gregtech config file under the General section to some other value, not sure what, though:

I:SkeletonsShootGTArrows=16

I know there's a way to turn them off or at least lower the chances of running into them. If anyone knows how this config file option works, please let me know, if possible, I'd like to disable entirely skeletons shooting GT arrows.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not being more specific. When placing honeycomb in a gregtech centrifuge it will refuse to process it. The centrifuge is disabled. The processing recipes indicate that it needs to be centrifuged. I believe we are in 3.1.21 amd have altered gregtech to 5.09 rather than the standard gregtech and forestry 4.x.
If you are using GT 5.09.19, make sure you have also latest Forestry (4.2) and not the one in 3.1.21 (which is 4.0). Also you need to fix minetweaker scripts, because few script functions has changed between forestry 4.0 and 4.2... well... quite a lot of them actually. (https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/commit/f5a95d2b91ffcd690d4d9eb8c96e0a956fff545a for reference)

edit: Also i think you will need latest ModTweaker (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/modtweaker/files/2270009 because of it)

So there is quite a lot...