[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I usually like to set up next to a river or lake and dry it out with sponges from OpenBlocks, which aren't craftable in this modpack. I'm slowly drying out a nearby river and once I get far enough along it, if I haven't got the item I need for the EIO reservoirs I'll consider Railcraft water tanks. The only problem with both of them is that they're not really portable water sources. I also found a nice location near Extreme Hills in a Redwoods Forest biome, that means I can get plenty of mob drops quite easily. :D

They gravity feed to pipes on the bottom and buildcraft pipe is dirt cheap. That weed in all the waterways can be turned into pipe sealant. Sooner or later you'll have 5-20 of those solar steam boilers that you'll want to leave in one place and fill with water. :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
have seen this problem in almost every pack with malasis. You cannot make dark glass because the blackout curtains recipe conflicts with malasis curtains.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
have seen this problem in almost every pack with malasis. You cannot make dark glass because the blackout curtains recipe conflicts with malasis curtains.

Must be a recent thing, I had dark glass windows on my mob farm a month or two back.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Early game you might want to consider railcraft water tanks for your water source, at least if you're not living in a desert/badlands biome. They're not too expensive and I found that two of them were enough water until I got to where I could build EIO reservoirs.

I've actually been looking further into this, and it would seem that slimeballs aren't easy to come by, either that, or I haven't mined enough ore yet. :D Anyway, been having fun fishing up Pam's Harvestcraft Jellyfish to get the requisite 5 or so slimeballs to build the water tank! :D Went through two fishing rods yesterday, first got 4, the second got none, although perhaps I need better aim when fishing something up, because I occasionally forget to wait for the bobber to actually bob first! :D And, yes, I discovered the Fish Trap, have one of those set up, too! :D Question on this trap, does it auto-output to a chest on top of it if it fills up? I keep grabbing any fish out of it and did fishing nearby whilst running it because I don't want any to despawn and lose me a slimeball chance. Is it's storage upgradeable? It only holds 27 slots, and there are 32 varieties of fish, plus fishing loot, which I don't even know if this trap fishes up.

I usually find ore mining underground will reveal naturally generated slime chunks, I also ran around yesterday trying to find swamp biome generation, as slimes spawn there at surface level, due to how Mojang changed spawning behavior of slimes recently. Unfortunately, it seems to be on the rather small side of generation, as it mostly seems to fill in generation holes and doesn't generate large areas of itself like it normally would in other modpacks. This makes the chance of finding naturally generated swamps from Minecraft itself a bit smaller. I think it has to do with the way that ExtrabiomesXL generates it's own biomes in this pack. I've seen very large swamp generation in other modpacks, most of it coming out of vanilla generation when the modpack allows such.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly what I did, setup one of those fish traps and checked it now and then.

I do a bit of branch mining for my first diamonds, that area almost always spawns slimes too.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Does anyone know what machines are used to create the multi-level farms seen in the Infitech title screenshots featured to the left side of the Infitech logo? I can confirm three different angles of the same farm, and was wondering if that's still possible, and if so, what level of complexity is involved in setting one up? Also, what machine from this modpack can handle a multi-level farm such as the one pictured?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

M

Meatl

Please fix BigReactors.
1. It consumes too much water and produces not enough steam steam. (GT machines seem to do it equal).
2. It can't "eat" distilled water.
So I can't use it with GT steam turbine. Producing steam with this type of reactors become pretty useless( And it "falls out" from integration in MV/HV gameplay.

3. It would be nice if BigReactor's reactor could consume IC2 coolant instead of water ^^.

At the current state this mod looks as not integrated enough.

Sry for my Englsh)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I think it'll get removed before it gets integrated as an easy drop-in replacement for GT steam production.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I think it'll get removed before it gets integrated as an easy drop-in replacement for GT steam production.

I'm new to this modpack - what was the original reasoning for putting Big Reactors into this modpack in the first place?

In any case, it would be easier for them to just adjust the Big Reactors recipes to fall in line with Gregtech and keep steam production and integration in line with what you'd expect regarding cross-mod compatibilty. Which is mostly up to the modpack creator, anyway.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm new to this modpack - what was the original reasoning for putting Big Reactors into this modpack in the first place?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Initially we didn't have a great alternative. IC2/GT reactors were pretty weaksauce.

Now, with the Large Turbine and Heat Exchanger additions, there's a justifiable reason to use the IC2 variant and BR isn't quite as critical as a Fission source.

That said, its still awesome if you can leverage its output. The trick is finding ways to convert the energy from RF to (gt)EU.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what machines are used to create the multi-level farms seen in the Infitech title screenshots featured to the left side of the Infitech logo? I can confirm three different angles of the same farm, and was wondering if that's still possible, and if so, what level of complexity is involved in setting one up? Also, what machine from this modpack can handle a multi-level farm such as the one pictured?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Do you mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/1cmgIjT.png
If thats it then I have to dissapoint you its not a farm to harvest the plants but rather to maximize the output of the two oxygen collectors shown in the middle.

edit: You could theoretically automate it with pneumaticraft drones.

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
what do you mean by dismantle?

You can "break" them with a wrench.
You can remove covers from them with a crowbar.
You can (probably) recover their resources with an arc furnace.

i just want to get the placed pipe back in my inventory :)

perhaps Netherus is right with a electric wrench... i haven't work with it until now!

thanks i will build and try it !:)

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
i just want to get the placed pipe back in my inventory :)

perhaps Netherus is right with a electric wrench... i haven't work with it until now!

thanks i will build and try it !:)
I think I know your problem.
Gregtech wrenches work differently than most wrenches you have to use LEFTCLICK (break it) to get the pipe back and the RIGHTCLICK is reserved for moving the output around.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Do you mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/1cmgIjT.png
If thats it then I have to dissapoint you its not a farm to harvest the plants but rather to maximize the output of the two oxygen collectors shown in the middle.

edit: You could theoretically automate it with pneumaticraft drones.

That's okay, thanks for the explanation! :D

I haven't dabbled much in Pneumaticcraft - will look into that, or I might possibly see what Thaumcraft Golems, or BC Robotics, can do. I haven't dabbled in them much, either! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:
Reactions: DarknessShadow