[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I was wanting to play with BluePower, but i'm not finding zinc other than small ores now and then. Is there a vein of some type that includes it? Normally I'd put it down to bad luck with exploring, but none of the other 6 players i've asked have seen it either.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I was wanting to play with BluePower, but i'm not finding zinc other than small ores now and then. Is there a vein of some type that includes it? Normally I'd put it down to bad luck with exploring, but none of the other 6 players i've asked have seen it either.
Zinc doesn't spawn in veins... It needs to be processed. One example is i think Sphalerite. Also it is byproduct of Tin, Antimony and Tetrahedrite. NEI is your friend :)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Did quick ninja update to 3.1.23 due to file corruption during the upload. v3.1.22 has been removed from the launcher.

Thanks. I've already figured out how to disable the achievements fireworks graphics spam, this one should be a piece of cake! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Oregen (but not terrain gen) changed a bit somewhere between .15 and .23, so if you had a vein on the edge of generated chunks the rest of it might be something else, or nothing at all now, but other than that the transition should be smooth.
Good to know but that's something we can live with. Thanks for the info non the less ^_^

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Happy new year :D
Waiting for a good time to come back but look like it is taking longer than expected.
I miss my tinkering and stuff so this january what kind of big release are you expecting?

Last edited:

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
Happy new year from germany ;)

little question.. i am building a fusion reactor mk1. The control computer needs plutonium 241, the only one i have is 244.. we're playing since a half year and my quarry is working 24/7 for several weeks and until now, no plutonium 241.

Is it so rare or is there a special spawn aspect like only in the end or so ?

thanks in advance!

-jogi

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
@jogi01, you need to process a pluto-244 dust in a HV Centrifuge. As a result you will get a tiny pile of pluto-241 with 20% chanse.
upload_2016-1-1_20-39-59.png

Reactions: Timeslice

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking through this thread but have lost patience. Can someone recommend a good single chamber thorium reactor design? I'm just looking to breed Lutetium.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Are you around, @Aiwendil ? I thought you'd said that you can put runic shielding on dark steel armor, but it's definitely not working. Or was it just a miscommunication?

Runic shielding? I never said that. However with thaumcraft enchants + its own enchantments I think it's still the best armour to go for.

You cannot put runic shield on dark steel armor but you can still have both because you have 4 extra slots for thaumcraft items and those can be enchanted with runic shield.
g6f7wFv.png

Last edited:

Xenius

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, first off all i want say thanks to Jason for this awesome modpack and sry for my english :D
I am now at LV-MV point of the game and have some Steel production (Bronze Furnace x2), all LV machines and EBF. But i am very poor with energy. What is the best option to produce power at this point of the game? If large steel boiler how much coke ovens i need to supplie it with charcoal/alumentum 24/7 or mb i need other power production ?
Thanks for answers :D

Reactions: Pyure

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, first off all i want say thanks to Jason for this awesome modpack and sry for my english :D
I am now at LV-MV point of the game and have some Steel production (Bronze Furnace x2), all LV machines and EBF. But i am very poor with energy. What is the best option to produce power at this point of the game? If large steel boiler how much coke ovens i need to supply it with charcoal/alumentum 24/7 or mb i need other power production ?
I used to spam small coil boilers before starting with high pressure coal boilers (the most efficient) i think they are the most efficient and you can be flexible with them early on.
I think the idea of gregtech is to build tons of machines, just not one large boiler at the start.
Once you start going into large boilers you will have tons of those too before switching to something new.
Then you spam that and so on and so forth but that is just my idea of gregtech.
I like being able to not get a headache every time i need to improve my power or steam output, just build more of the same for a while until that isn't reasonable anymore.

Mass-production.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am now at LV-MV point of the game and have some Steel production (Bronze Furnace x2), all LV machines and EBF. But i am very poor with energy. What is the best option to produce power at this point of the game? If large steel boiler how much coke ovens i need to supplie it with charcoal/alumentum 24/7 or mb i need other power production ?
Honestly I am personaly not fond that much about using "laggy" charcoal -> steam production for generating power. Yes it is fairly easy to setup, but it can kill your framerate. I switched to Nitro-Diesel production and I am really satisfied with how it went. With combined strengths of PneumaticCraft for making Gasoline from Oil and GT producing the Glyceryl to make Nitro-Diesel.... I dont need to worry about power for some time.

Xenius

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I am personaly not fond that much about using "laggy" charcoal -> steam production for generating power. Yes it is fairly easy to setup, but it can kill your framerate. I switched to Nitro-Diesel production and I am really satisfied with how it went. With combined strengths of PneumaticCraft for making Gasoline from Oil and GT producing the Glyceryl to make Nitro-Diesel.... I dont need to worry about power for some time.
Ohh Nitro-Diesel is realy cool thing :D mb i need go that way. Why you are refining oil in pneumaticcraft machine (GT distilary and dist tower are bad options?) ? What best option to produce Glyceryl? (Carbon?)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh Nitro-Diesel is realy cool thing :D mb i need go that way. Why you are refining oil in pneumaticcraft machine (GT distilary and dist tower are bad options?) ? What best option to produce Glyceryl? (Carbon?)
I am not playing for being as efficient as possible. I just like cool and unecessary complex builds. Thats why :) I had loads of fun building that. And that is what matters to me.

And for glyceryl I am using Charcoal for Carbon. Charcoal -> Macerator -> Electrolyzer.