[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Another question: why does this line exist in the naquadah ore gen config?
Code:
I:OreSporaticlyAround_326=0
It means that about 20% of the ore in the naquadah vein that I was able to mine consists of useless gt.blockores.4000.name instead of enriched naquadah ore.
Thats @Blood Asp fault... I wanted to remove Enriched Naq from spawning, so Blood told me that I can just put there 0 to get rid of it... I havent tested that because.... since mod dev tells you how it works, then he should be correct, no? Anyway it should be -1 I think to ignore that distribution. I am curently making "fast" .22 update with some bug fixes (nothing big), script changes and some minor stuffz in preparation for 3.2

JacobSB

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Is there a NEI recipe GUI for GT Thermal centrifuge, Ore washing plant and Furnace? If so, how can i turn it on? When i click on Recipes, i can see the IC2 GUI only (and vanilla one for furnace) which doesn't show me eu consumption nor amperage needed for operation. I'm pretty much noob into stuff like this and i have no idea what should i do to change it. I checked NEI config files and nothing.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
As said, here it is... v3.1.22 comming in just a few minutes (needs to be selected in the version dropdown)
Forge updated to 10.13.4.1566
Mod Updates:

- AsieLib -> 0.4.5
- Chisel -> 2.9.4.10
- Computronics -> 1.6.0
- ModTweaker2 -> 0.9.5
- OpenComputers -> 1.5.20.38
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.12.1.144
- BDLib -> 1.9.4.109
- Buildcraft -> 7.1.14
- Buildcraft Compat -> 7.1.3
- Forestry -> 4.2.3.51
- Gendustry -> 1.6.4.133
- GregTech -> 5.08.33
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.806
- JourneyMap -> 5.1.3
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.3.70

Changes/Fixes:
- [NEW] Added GregTech Multiblock Guide Books (contains also 5.09 multiblock guide books)
- [NEW] Industrial Biomass can be used as fuel in SemiFluid Generator (same value as Creosote)
- [CHANGE] Forced Universal Housing name change to be recognized by other mods
- [CHANGE] Removed crafting of forestry Scoop
- [CHANGE] Changed crafting of Scoopator to require GT scoop
- [CHANGE] Renamed Biomass (from IC2) to Industrial Biomass
- [CHANGE] Mutagen can be crafted in autoclave, less Mutagen Catalysts. More Industrial Biomass
- [CHANGE] Removed easier crafting recipe for Illuminated Panel (AE2)
- [CHANGE/FIX] Force-swapped OreDict entries for Pure Nether and Pure Certus Quartz.
- [FIX] Fixes crash with OC's adapter
- [FIX] Fixed wand cap exploit (TC)
- [FIX] Fixed spawning of unnamed oreblocks within Naquadah Veins
- [FIX] Disabled Storage Drawers Unification with AE2 combined (certus quartz, nether quartz).
- [WORKAROUND] Added Electrical Tools to their oredictionary
- [PATREON] Added December Patrons

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
As said, here it is... v3.1.22 comming in just a few minutes (needs to be selected in the version dropdown)
Forge updated to 10.13.4.1566
Mod Updates:

- AsieLib -> 0.4.5
- Chisel -> 2.9.4.10
- Computronics -> 1.6.0
- ModTweaker2 -> 0.9.5
- OpenComputers -> 1.5.20.38
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.12.1.144
- BDLib -> 1.9.4.109
- Buildcraft -> 7.1.14
- Buildcraft Compat -> 7.1.3
- Forestry -> 4.2.3.51
- Gendustry -> 1.6.4.133
- GregTech -> 5.08.33
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.806
- JourneyMap -> 5.1.3
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.3.70

Changes/Fixes:
- [NEW] Added GregTech Multiblock Guide Books (contains also 5.09 multiblock guide books)
- [NEW] Industrial Biomass can be used as fuel in SemiFluid Generator (same value as Creosote)
- [CHANGE] Forced Universal Housing name change to be recognized by other mods
- [CHANGE] Removed crafting of forestry Scoop
- [CHANGE] Changed crafting of Scoopator to require GT scoop
- [CHANGE] Renamed Biomass (from IC2) to Industrial Biomass
- [CHANGE] Mutagen can be crafted in autoclave, less Mutagen Catalysts. More Industrial Biomass
- [CHANGE] Removed easier crafting recipe for Illuminated Panel (AE2)
- [CHANGE/FIX] Force-swapped OreDict entries for Pure Nether and Pure Certus Quartz.
- [FIX] Fixes crash with OC's adapter
- [FIX] Fixed wand cap exploit (TC)
- [FIX] Fixed spawning of unnamed oreblocks within Naquadah Veins
- [FIX] Disabled Storage Drawers Unification with AE2 combined (certus quartz, nether quartz).
- [WORKAROUND] Added Electrical Tools to their oredictionary
- [PATREON] Added December Patrons
So what does the gregtech 5.08.33 update contain. Is this the 5.09 patch? Or am i at a wrong here. Could only find a changelog that mentioned:
Ported 5.09 fixed to 5.08 branch.

So are those only the fixes mentioned in the 5.09 update or are there other changes as well?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
GT5.08.33 contains mainly bugfixes and the forestry compat update.
For the bugfixes i would have too look into github.
The ones i remember are the neutronium fusion fix, a memory overflow fix and a few small fixes for broken recipes.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So what does the gregtech 5.08.33 update contain. Is this the 5.09 patch? Or am i at a wrong here. Could only find a changelog that mentioned:
Ported 5.09 fixed to 5.08 branch.

So are those only the fixes mentioned in the 5.09 update or are there other changes as well?
That would be a the question for @Blood Asp. Maybe it would not be bad idea to mention in 5.08 changelog from which 5.09 version the fixes comes from.

In this case I think it containd 5.09 fixes up to version .16

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

W

will_57

Anyway it should be -1 I think to ignore that distribution.
Today I updated to 3.1.22. Turns out that this change instead makes it generate black granite Mc Guffium 239 ore, which has the ID 975:3999. You can see it here:
2015-12-27_23.17.31.png
I'm also still getting the random chunk deletion bug. This time I took a screenshot that demonstrates this well:
2015-12-27_22.33.34.png
Am I the only one getting this?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Because this is such a big third party modpack thread, has anyone indexed it so as to cover salient points, such as the following, regarding the 1.7.10 version of the modpack, most especially for single-player, as I like playing solo:

1. Automatable farming options - what are my options here, and which mods should I look into for early-game automation of food and wood production? It looks like they'd want to fit well with Pam's Harvestcraft, if possible, due to Hunger Overhaul being in this modpack.

2. Mining and processing options, so far I've only seen the Ender Quarry as an option, although from my brief look through the pack I'm sure it isn't the only one available. I'm in favor of mods that are easy to set up and not requiring a ton of detailed knowledge about how they operate. I'm thinking a lot of the processing would be GregTech based, eventually, are there any good intermediate options to use while I build up the infrastructure required?

3. Storage, what is good in this modpack, especially for early-game automation?

4. Combat options, what makes a good sword and armor for early game and doesn't take forever to gather the resources for?

I look forward to getting enslaved to GregTech and some of his new friends again, I just need to know a few essential things first! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
@BrickVoid
InfiTech requires a lot of your time. Automation on early stage? Nope. Before electrical age your automation is your hands :) Of course you may to use BC's pipes and engines... but seriously?
0. Discover your world. You need to find tin/copper/iron/redstone/coal. As soon as I can, I begin ore exploration through Mining Well.
1. Food. Beef Wellington is my choise. You need to breed cows, spinach and wheat. Oh, and mushrooms but I just find it in Taiga biome. I think it is an easier way to be well fed. Usually before cows and spinach and wheat I eat a strawberry from ExtrabiomesXL :)
2. A steam macerator + a forge hammer + a furnace. It is basic ore processing setup in my worlds.
3. Vanilla chest + JABBA. Also Storage Drawers maybe can help you too. When you will be able to use 512 eu/t you may/need/must make ME net.
4. I find a steel armor set in loot chests. Spider trees (Thaumcraft) and villages are most encountered sources of very useful loot.

I hope that somebody will complement my message. For example, I not use Thaumcraft's things and bees.

I'm in favor of mods that are easy to set up and not requiring a ton of detailed knowledge about how they operate.
Are you sure that you want to play with GT? :D

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Did quick ninja update to 3.1.23 due to file corruption during the upload. v3.1.22 has been removed from the launcher.

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
and Ender sword with upgrading is a good sword if you find it in a chest early on.
thaumcraft mining bore is more targeted.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Because this is such a big third party modpack thread, has anyone indexed it so as to cover salient points, such as the following, regarding the 1.7.10 version of the modpack, most especially for single-player, as I like playing solo:

1. Automatable farming options - what are my options here, and which mods should I look into for early-game automation of food and wood production? It looks like they'd want to fit well with Pam's Harvestcraft, if possible, due to Hunger Overhaul being in this modpack.

2. Mining and processing options, so far I've only seen the Ender Quarry as an option, although from my brief look through the pack I'm sure it isn't the only one available. I'm in favor of mods that are easy to set up and not requiring a ton of detailed knowledge about how they operate. I'm thinking a lot of the processing would be GregTech based, eventually, are there any good intermediate options to use while I build up the infrastructure required?

3. Storage, what is good in this modpack, especially for early-game automation?

4. Combat options, what makes a good sword and armor for early game and doesn't take forever to gather the resources for?

I look forward to getting enslaved to GregTech and some of his new friends again, I just need to know a few essential things first! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

You may want to hold off on playing until 3.2 is released, which is tentatively scheduled for January. This release contains HQM tutorial quests for most of the major mods, including (of course) full info on GT.

As for armor, get a composite armor vest early on. It gives the same protection as iron armor, but with roughly 50% more durability and a hefty dose of built in blast protection for those times when you just gotta hug a creeper.

Reactions: Jason McRay

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Did quick ninja update to 3.1.23 due to file corruption during the upload. v3.1.22 has been removed from the launcher.

Dang I must've been unlucky enough to snag 3.1.22 before you ninja'd it! :D Snagging 3.1.23 now. ;)

@BrickVoid
InfiTech requires a lot of your time. Automation on early stage? Nope. Before electrical age your automation is your hands :) Of course you may to use BC's pipes and engines... but seriously?
0. Discover your world. You need to find tin/copper/iron/redstone/coal. As soon as I can, I begin ore exploration through Mining Well.
1. Food. Beef Wellington is my choise. You need to breed cows, spinach and wheat. Oh, and mushrooms but I just find it in Taiga biome. I think it is an easier way to be well fed. Usually before cows and spinach and wheat I eat a strawberry from ExtrabiomesXL :)
2. A steam macerator + a forge hammer + a furnace. It is basic ore processing setup in my worlds.
3. Vanilla chest + JABBA. Also Storage Drawers maybe can help you too. When you will be able to use 512 eu/t you may/need/must make ME net.
4. I find a steel armor set in loot chests. Spider trees (Thaumcraft) and villages are most encountered sources of very useful loot.

I hope that somebody will complement my message. For example, I not use Thaumcraft's things and bees.

Are you sure that you want to play with GT? :D

Yes, I'm sure! Thanks for the help! :D I had noticed several mods that add farming options normally, so was curious as to whether any of them were relatively easy to get to. I think I saw LogisticsPipes in the modlist, so I'll want to go straight for that IMHO! After setting up some initial power construction for BC Lasers etc. ;) My idea of easy is to skip anything that's too easy and go for mid-level difficulty stages of what's available! :D

and Ender sword with upgrading is a good sword if you find it in a chest early on.
thaumcraft mining bore is more targeted.

I almost forgot, are there any bows that would be worth the effort to go for in this modpack? If I want to shoot Creepers, as Timeslice says below, I'd want to shoot them at range. :D

You may want to hold off on playing until 3.2 is released, which is tentatively scheduled for January. This release contains HQM tutorial quests for most of the major mods, including (of course) full info on GT.

As for armor, get a composite armor vest early on. It gives the same protection as iron armor, but with roughly 50% more durability and a hefty dose of built in blast protection for those times when you just gotta hug a creeper.

Hug a Creeper? Only from extreme range with a bow unless they sneak out from some cave or lighting glitch, which they inevitably do! :D I can avoid most of 'em but I do get lots of Creeper craters! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing on V3.1.15 and i've just found out that there was a problem with Gregtech Centrifuge and Foresty in that version. Is it possible to update to the latest version without having to do a world reset?

Edit: Made a test and it worked. So if others end up upon the same problem, here's what I did. Please note that there may be faster and more efficient ways to do it though. Also, please note that if worlgen is affected, problem may arise in the way i did it (do not quote me on this though ;p)

1) Downloaded the world.
2) Created a new server with the lastest version.
3) Started the server to make it load all config/mods, etc.
4) Stopped the world and deleted the world from the server. Then I uploaded the world i wanted to keep.
5) Started the server and kept a eye on the console. Near the end of the loading, it required me to do a command promt "/fml confirm" (without the " ".)

I'm not responsible for any lost you may incur if it does not work for you ^_^

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing on V3.1.15 and i've just found out that there was a problem with Gregtech Centrifuge and Foresty in that version. Is it possible to update to the latest version without having to do a world reset?

Edit: Made a test and it worked. So if others end up upon the same problem, here's what I did. Please note that there may be faster and more efficient ways to do it though. Also, please note that if worlgen is affected, problem may arise in the way i did it (do not quote me on this though ;p)

1) Downloaded the world.
2) Created a new server with the lastest version.
3) Started the server to make it load all config/mods, etc.
4) Stopped the world and deleted the world from the server. Then I uploaded the world i wanted to keep.
5) Started the server and kept a eye on the console. Near the end of the loading, it required me to do a command promt "/fml confirm" (without the " ".)

I'm not responsible for any lost you may incur if it does not work for you ^_^
Oregen (but not terrain gen) changed a bit somewhere between .15 and .23, so if you had a vein on the edge of generated chunks the rest of it might be something else, or nothing at all now, but other than that the transition should be smooth.

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Are you around, @Aiwendil ? I thought you'd said that you can put runic shielding on dark steel armor, but it's definitely not working. Or was it just a miscommunication?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Are you around, @Aiwendil ? I thought you'd said that you can put runic shielding on dark steel armor, but it's definitely not working. Or was it just a miscommunication?

Runic shielding? I never said that. However with thaumcraft enchants + its own enchantments I think it's still the best armour to go for.