[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mister Maximus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I have the seed saved so I'll open a new world in the same seed. Hope this one doesn't get messed up.
Also, I've never heard of the Official server. Is there a way to join, or is it private (or the one in your Youtube videos) ?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So, did the recipe for saltpeter from potassium change in newer versions of the modpack? In our world we currently can get potassium from rocksalt however getting autocradted saltpeter from potassium, oxygen, and nitrogen results in losing your cells and wasting loads of tin. You can go to a crafting table and even lose your cells if you're trying to craft mutliples. Can this be fixed?
if you are using Steves Woshop tables for autocarafting... dot use them... They are unfortunately bugged wiith GT cells and it will probably not be fixed, since VSWE is no longer maintaining it :(

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
if you are using Steves Woshop tables for autocarafting... dot use them... They are unfortunately bugged wiith GT cells and it will probably not be fixed, since VSWE is no longer maintaining it :(

Yeah, you also lose cells when you craft it as multiples in a normal crafting table. e.g. 3 stacks of 10 oxygen cells, 1 stack of 10 nitrogen cells, etc. You only get 4 cells back and they remain in the crafting grid.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
This is usually corrupted world. We have encountered similiar issue on the Official server.
0e57352a-62ec-11e5-9b7b-ee3e213a8273.png
This is GT ore vein... copposed of Droppers and Comparators and AE2 Growth Accelerators...

I mined that vein of crystal growth accelerators clean and still have them all. Some day I'm going to build something out of them, the rarest building in all of InfiTech 2 :)

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
Everything is weird.
1. I turned away from the garden. as that was mostly fixed. I then see a white layer of something, floating a block above the grass. I went over to it, and it looks like steam. I couldn't break it, and I walked through it with no harm. Again, just a thin layer of it floating.
2. I walk away from the steam, to find that . . . my bronze pipes and machines all turned into electric shunting wires (railcraft), I had 2 railcraft delta cages each with a chicken in it, my stairs to the roof and the basement were screwed up (stairs and planks in the totally wrong places), the coke oven blocks (the entire thing) all turned into steel anvils (railcraft), the torches were gone, my bed turned into fences, I had a bunch of integrated circuits in my chest, lighting glitches, diamond spikes, levers in weird places, and on and on it goes. I'll start a new world, but if possible, it would be nice to have an explanation. I can post the console log (maybe about 2/3 of it as I closed it inbetween crashes, it's absolutely huge though).
Thanks in advance for any responses!

P.S. This is probably a corrupted world file, though I'm not sure how. I didn't witness any power outages, and my computer is working fine, with no viruses, at least no detectable ones at the moment.

Thanks! I have the seed saved so I'll open a new world in the same seed. Hope this one doesn't get messed up.
Also, I've never heard of the Official server. Is there a way to join, or is it private (or the one in your Youtube videos) ?

That sucks :/

Check your backup folders. Maybe you'll be able to play this world with one of the previous save files :)

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
just wondering if anyone controls machines via a redstone output on a gregtech battery buffer? is there anything which acts as a resistor for redstone power level? its a little unfortunate to have to make a 15 block run of redstone to complete an RS latch on a battery buffer ... should i just get into computercraft to establish this kind of control?

i was looking to automate the starting and stopping of a large plasma or steam turbine by shuttering out the fluid inlet when the battery buffer is full and opening the shutter when the battery buffer is at 1/15. as far as i know gates cannot be used for battery buffers. am I just not aware of an included mod with this kind of control capability?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
just wondering if anyone controls machines via a redstone output on a gregtech battery buffer? is there anything which acts as a resistor for redstone power level? its a little unfortunate to have to make a 15 block run of redstone to complete an RS latch on a battery buffer ... should i just get into computercraft to establish this kind of control?

i was looking to automate the starting and stopping of a large plasma or steam turbine by shuttering out the fluid inlet when the battery buffer is full and opening the shutter when the battery buffer is at 1/15. as far as i know gates cannot be used for battery buffers. am I just not aware of an included mod with this kind of control capability?
Its actually quite simple. You need 2 energy detectors attached to the buffer.
One will control low energy (LOW), second will controll full energy (FULL)
For LOW you will want to invert a signal so if it is empty it will emit a signal (either NOT gate next to it, or set the Energy Detector to inverted mode (if thats possible not sure)
For FULL you will want to emit a signal out if it is full, so you attach Comparator next to it with redstone torch on the side of the comparator.
Then just connect both to RS latch and you are done.

Reactions: Bweslake

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it might be doable with just one detector.
Detector - redstone dust.
for FULL control you will have next to the redstone dust Comparator - redstone dust - redstone torch
for LOW control you will have next to the redstone dust (oposite of the comparator) NOT gate

i think

OVD0CE8.jpg

Red lines is 1 piece of Redstone Dust. Not 100% sure if there must be a redstone dust in between the torch and comparator.

So if the Buffer is empty it will not emit any signal, where NOT gate will invert it and turn on the RS Latch.
If The buffer will be full it will emit a signal of strength 15. Comparator will compare the input signal (those 15) to the compared signal (thats the torch) and if it will match or be higher it will emit the signal to the output and to the RS latch flipping it.

Last edited:

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
What would be a good way to evenly distribute hydrogen cells and empty cells for sulfuric oil production in the dev-alpha version? Every chemical reactor needs 1x hydrogen and 1x empty cell, and it is a pain to get them evenly distributed.

Right now I'm using 4x tally boxes detecting if there are 2 or more each of the cells and stops insertion, but it is annoyingly large and (perhaps) unnecessary complicated. Is there a better way to do it?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
For even distribution you can use for example EnderIO Item Conduits. On extraction side you will want to have speed downgrade (so it will always extract only 1 item instead of default 4) and set it to round robin.

Last edited:

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
For even distribution you can use for example EnderIO Item Conduits. On extraction side you will want to have speed downgrade (so it will always extract only 1 item instead of default 4) and set it to round robin.
I tried that originally, but since there are 4 machines outputting at an uneven rate it leads to an uneven distribution of cells. Sulfuric gas is produced a lot faster than i.e. heavy fuel, so a lot more cells ends up at heavy fuel.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I understand this fully but I like GT regulators for this. They hold only one stack of each item in their buffer, so machines providing that one stack would have their output buffers full and not produce.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I understand this fully but I like GT regulators for this. They hold only one stack of each item in their buffer, so machines providing that one stack would have their output buffers full and not produce.
Ah, yes I completely forgot about them. That is indeed an option, however 4 regulators are very expensive :p

Problem is space, since I accidentally chose to use way too little space for such complex machinery. I attached a screenshot to show my current way of dealing with it. Below is a chest with 4 separate conduit colors, each operated by a tally box and linked to one of the chemical reactors(behind the tally boxes). Using GT regulators would work but I'd probably have to redo 90% of my oil processing.

Also one stack of items is a lot, since currently I use 8 sets of cells and 8 sets of hydrogen cells. I'm short on tin soo :)

6BnZiL5.jpg