[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
You know that latest version is .32... you are quite FAR back in here :D
Hm I thought I fixed that myself.
ok, it's alive. well, it's not alive, but it's work as wrote.
but for now there is a new problem. Electric Blast Furnace with input hatch stoped drain in oxygen gas.
Input hatch alone drain in and out oxygen gas. but multiblock it dont want to take it.
and others players has same problem.
and I dont see any issues with oxygen and blast furnace.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
ok, it's alive. well, it's not alive, but it's work as wrote.
but for now there is a new problem. Electric Blast Furnace with input hatch stoped drain in oxygen gas.
Input hatch alone drain in and out oxygen gas. but multiblock it dont want to take it.
and others players has same problem.
Try to break and place back the EBF controller block

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
in other mod pack with v32 of gregtech blast furnace drain oxygen well. i am going to found out.
if anyone can say why - it will be nicely.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a maximum amount of steam that can be pulled from a Railcraft Tank Valve?

I have one HV Steam Turbine which according to this wiki requires 2600 liters of steam per tick or 52,000 liters per second. Going from the RC tank to the Turbine, I'm using two separate (i.e. they never touch each other) lines of Huge Stainless Steel Fluid Pipe, which each carries 28,800 Liters of steam per second to the Turbine. So that's a total of 57,600 L/sec going into the Turbine which should only be using 52,000 L/sec.

When I run the Turbine however, its internal storage of steam drops to zero relatively quickly, and then it just flashes "20,000" and "0" over and over again - a sure sign that it isn't getting enough steam.

So what am I doing wrong? I installed a GT Shutter at every length of pipe along the lines, but it made absolutely no difference. Turbine still runs out of steam whether I use no Shutters or a whole bunch of em.

So the only thing I'm left to conclude is that a Railcraft Tank Valve cannot eject 28,800 L/sec into the fluid pipe, and that's where my steam deficit at the Turbine is coming from? But I always thought RC Tank Valves could output any amount of fluid, and that they didn't have a maximum limit on them? The valves are on the bottom of the tank so they should instantly fill the Fluid Pipes attached to them, shouldn't they? So why are the Fluid Pipes not staying 100% full?

As always, I'm continually stumped by GT Fluid Pipes and Steam Turbines, but I'll never give up on them. So why aren't they working this time? Is it the Fluid Pipes? Is it the RC Tank Valves? Is the HV Steam Turbine using more steam than the wiki says?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update 3.1.21 is comming in a bit
Mod Updates:
- AromaBackup -> 0.0.0.6
- Automagy -> 0.27
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.421
- JourneyMap -> 5.1.3b1
- MalisisCore -> 0.14.0
- MalisisDoors -> 1.13.0
- Nuclear Control 2 -> 2.3.3a-Exist
- Pam's Harvestcraft -> 1.7.10La
- Storage Drawers -> 1.7.2

Changes/Fixes:
- [NEW] Added Medieval door
- [NEW] BackupRecovery GUI (accessible from your World Selection)
- [NEW] Can whitelist/blacklist dimensions from backup
- [NEW] JourneyMap support for large resource packs like Sphax BDCraft 64/128/256/512
- [NEW] New Yeta Wrench overlay
- [CHANGE] Changed item render type for Storage Drawers back to fast.
- [CHANGE] Drawer Controller has limited range of 6 blocks (radius)
- [CHANGE] Changed Search For Item In Nearby Inventories default keybind from [t] to [*]
- [CHANGE] Gregified AE Monitor Kit
- [TEMPORARY CHANGE] Disabled Harvestcraft NEI Handler
- [FIX/WORKAROUND] Removed anyIron and anyCopper tags from Wrought, Pig iron and Annealed copper (ingots, dusts, nuggets) to fix unification exploit.
- [FIX] Crash with fence gates on dedicated servers
- [FIX] Fixed wrong animation direction for fence gate
- [FIX] Disabled auto-smelt working together with fortune to fix multiply exploits
- [FIX] Fixed Computer Case (T2 and T3) and Server Rack to use correct heat vents (with meta :1)
- [FIX] Fixed crafting of Portable Information Panel
- [FIX] Fixes cross-mod issue with Applied Energistics 2 and Nuclear Control 2
- [FIX] Fixed rendering of Gregtech items on fast setting
- [FIX] Journeymap causes FPS drop every 30 seconds due to disk contention with Minecraft file updates
- [FIX] Removed recipe for Candleberry > Cotton.
- [PATREON] Added November Patrons

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there a maximum amount of steam that can be pulled from a Railcraft Tank Valve?

I have one HV Steam Turbine which according to this wiki requires 2600 liters of steam per tick or 52,000 liters per second. Going from the RC tank to the Turbine, I'm using two separate (i.e. they never touch each other) lines of Huge Stainless Steel Fluid Pipe, which each carries 28,800 Liters of steam per second to the Turbine. So that's a total of 57,600 L/sec going into the Turbine which should only be using 52,000 L/sec.

When I run the Turbine however, its internal storage of steam drops to zero relatively quickly, and then it just flashes "20,000" and "0" over and over again - a sure sign that it isn't getting enough steam.

So what am I doing wrong? I installed a GT Shutter at every length of pipe along the lines, but it made absolutely no difference. Turbine still runs out of steam whether I use no Shutters or a whole bunch of em.

So the only thing I'm left to conclude is that a Railcraft Tank Valve cannot eject 28,800 L/sec into the fluid pipe, and that's where my steam deficit at the Turbine is coming from? But I always thought RC Tank Valves could output any amount of fluid, and that they didn't have a maximum limit on them? The valves are on the bottom of the tank so they should instantly fill the Fluid Pipes attached to them, shouldn't they? So why are the Fluid Pipes not staying 100% full?

As always, I'm continually stumped by GT Fluid Pipes and Steam Turbines, but I'll never give up on them. So why aren't they working this time? Is it the Fluid Pipes? Is it the RC Tank Valves? Is the HV Steam Turbine using more steam than the wiki says?
Iron Tanks output 1 bucket per tick iirc.

I tried to find a reference for this; all I could find was an old github ticket.
https://github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft/issues/501

If you need to handle 28,800 / 20 mb/t, you'll need to use two valves.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Iron Tanks output 1 bucket per tick iirc.

I tried to find a reference for this; all I could find was an old github ticket.
https://github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft/issues/501

If you need to handle 28,800 / 20 mb/t, you'll need to use two valves.

Thanks so much Pyure - yeah, that ticket is pure gold since I never knew the limit for a RC Valve is 1000 mb/t. So in terms of GT Fluid Pipe, that means 20,000 L/s is the most you can pull from a single valve and therefore, the biggest pipe you should ever use is either Large Titanium Fluid Pipe or else Huge Steel Fluid Pipe, both of which can carry 19,200 L/s. This is the sort of information that I think belongs in the GregTech Survival Guide - the little tips and tricks. Don't waste valuable materials connecting Huge Tungstensteel Fluid Pipes (or even Huge Stainless Steel Fluid Pipes, like I did) to Railcraft tank valves!

Huge Tungstensteel, with a capacity of 48,000 L/s, is not enough steam to run one HV Steam Turbine with a single connection anyways, so the only real use would seem to be for moving a lot of steam over a long distances, which isn't something that's typically needed if you plan out your base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that we can just take a pipe's capacity - say, 28,800 for Huge Stainless Steel Fluid Pipe - and expect that's what's gonna come out the other end. I've added more RC Valves and piping to draw from them, but the darn HV Steam Turbine still doesn't get what it's asking for (52,000 L/s according to the wiki). But I have two full 28,800 L/s pipes attached to either side of the Turbine! It's maddening, really, and I can see why everybody just drops the whole thing entirely and goes to EnderIO top-tier fluid conduit to move their steam with. sigh

I can mouse-over a random piece of the GT Fluid Pipe and it's going up, down, up, down all the time - no matter if I use GT Shutters or not - and it seems to me that just from inspection, the pipe is never actually completely full at any point... and therefore it never provides it's full listed capacity.

Or it could just be the darn Turbine itself. I had my HV Blast Furnace running fine with 20 LV Turbines connected up to Transformers before I decided, "Well, I have plenty of steam now, might as well just get rid of the clutter and use that single HV Turbine that's been gathering dust in the corner..." Yeah. Great idea. LOL Pretty sure I'm gonna go back to 20 LV Turbines now after this HV "fun".

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Or it could just be the darn Turbine itself. I had my HV Blast Furnace running fine with 20 LV Turbines connected up to Transformers before I decided, "Well, I have plenty of steam now, might as well just get rid of the clutter and use that single HV Turbine that's been gathering dust in the corner..." Yeah. Great idea. LOL Pretty sure I'm gonna go back to 20 LV Turbines now after this HV "fun".
Or you could just switch to 1 Railcraft turbine connected placed directly on your RC tank using 2 valves. Place a MFSU directly against the RC turbine and point it into into a GT HV transformer and run your line to your HV energy hatch on your EBF. And it will actually work without having to hassle around with GT fluid pipes or the top tier eIO fluid conduits.

And even without the RC turbines, I have always placed my GT turbines directly to valves on the bottom side of my RC steam tank. Screw GT fluid pipes. They suck. Avoid them at all cost.

Or ditch steam completely and join me in the nuclear age. I promise it's a lot of fun creating enormous holes :)

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I'm close to wanting to create my own holes! Any tips for a reactor noob like me!? I have played with the old IC2 reactors before but I think things have changed greatly in the last 3 years.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to use top tier Ender IO fluid conduit for LV turbines, at least not if you're using a max-size railcraft tank. I've got 64 LV turbines and 2 steam ovens connected to one tank using pressurized conduit. Still have 10-15 spots left over for output valves too.

Two barrels of u-238 dust and ~20 stacks of plutonium dust, about time to switch to nuclear. Two barrels of uraninite dust that I won't process until I know if it is worth the magnesium to run it through a chemical reactor. :p

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm close to wanting to create my own holes! Any tips for a reactor noob like me!? I have played with the old IC2 reactors before but I think things have changed greatly in the last 3 years.
Heh, I'm still a reactor newbie. But at least this time around my reactors didn't blow up :)

I recommend starting out here and try out some of the beginner (mark 1) reactors to start with. Be careful with how you place the various components. It's critical. I just posted the link to the java reactor planner a page or two also.

Until you get the hang of things I'd recommend building things a ways away from stuff you care about, or make a bunch of reinforced concrete and contain the reactor in that, or ward the room and use an arcane door for entry.

Also, @twisto51 with Uranite processing, when I first started making uranium (for Gendustry/Mutagen) I used aluminum dust to process it in the chemical reactor. Aluminum is pretty easy to acquire at MV stage from clay, which is easy enough to snag from either mesas or thaumcraft duplication. But now I have so much uranite and pitchblende that I just keep centrifuging it heh.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
So, did the recipe for saltpeter from potassium change in newer versions of the modpack? In our world we currently can get potassium from rocksalt however getting autocradted saltpeter from potassium, oxygen, and nitrogen results in losing your cells and wasting loads of tin. You can go to a crafting table and even lose your cells if you're trying to craft mutliples. Can this be fixed?

Mister Maximus

Jul 29, 2019
Possible Bug?
When I logged in, my Pam's HarvestCraft Water Garden (the one that gives fish) magically turned into another block I didn't recognize, and didn't have time to look at it before Minecraft crashed.
I tried again, and I figured it out it was an Animal Trap, which I've never crafted in my life. Then the game lagged out, and crashed again.
I tried a third time, I managed to break it, then I turned around to see one of my HarvestCraft gardens (maybe leafy or stalk or something) turned into a tropical garden, which I have never found in my life. Then Minecraft crashed again.
How should I solve this? I managed to get all bronze machines, and a quite a few other things, so I want to save this world if I can. Thanks!

P.S. I'm pretty sure no one got into my world except for me.

Mister Maximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
Everything is weird.
1. I turned away from the garden. as that was mostly fixed. I then see a white layer of something, floating a block above the grass. I went over to it, and it looks like steam. I couldn't break it, and I walked through it with no harm. Again, just a thin layer of it floating.
2. I walk away from the steam, to find that . . . my bronze pipes and machines all turned into electric shunting wires (railcraft), I had 2 railcraft delta cages each with a chicken in it, my stairs to the roof and the basement were screwed up (stairs and planks in the totally wrong places), the coke oven blocks (the entire thing) all turned into steel anvils (railcraft), the torches were gone, my bed turned into fences, I had a bunch of integrated circuits in my chest, lighting glitches, diamond spikes, levers in weird places, and on and on it goes. I'll start a new world, but if possible, it would be nice to have an explanation. I can post the console log (maybe about 2/3 of it as I closed it inbetween crashes, it's absolutely huge though).
Thanks in advance for any responses!

P.S. This is probably a corrupted world file, though I'm not sure how. I didn't witness any power outages, and my computer is working fine, with no viruses, at least no detectable ones at the moment.

Mister Maximus

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of that, I have all the crash reports too. Probably easier to handle than 887 pages of console log. In addition, Google Docs is saying it can't save the console log correctly (as expected), so it might disappear when I close the tab or something.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
sounds like an ID mismatch. Did you edit your world file in mcedit or any similar program?

I can't imagine that this happened on it's own

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
Everything is weird.
1. I turned away from the garden. as that was mostly fixed. I then see a white layer of something, floating a block above the grass. I went over to it, and it looks like steam. I couldn't break it, and I walked through it with no harm. Again, just a thin layer of it floating.
2. I walk away from the steam, to find that . . . my bronze pipes and machines all turned into electric shunting wires (railcraft), I had 2 railcraft delta cages each with a chicken in it, my stairs to the roof and the basement were screwed up (stairs and planks in the totally wrong places), the coke oven blocks (the entire thing) all turned into steel anvils (railcraft), the torches were gone, my bed turned into fences, I had a bunch of integrated circuits in my chest, lighting glitches, diamond spikes, levers in weird places, and on and on it goes. I'll start a new world, but if possible, it would be nice to have an explanation. I can post the console log (maybe about 2/3 of it as I closed it inbetween crashes, it's absolutely huge though).
Thanks in advance for any responses!

P.S. This is probably a corrupted world file, though I'm not sure how. I didn't witness any power outages, and my computer is working fine, with no viruses, at least no detectable ones at the moment.
This is usually corrupted world. We have encountered similiar issue on the Official server.
0e57352a-62ec-11e5-9b7b-ee3e213a8273.png

This is GT ore vein... copposed of Droppers and Comparators and AE2 Growth Accelerators...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlur100