[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Mumberthrax

Jul 29, 2019
It should work with IC2 biogas.
You just have to produce biochaff. put it in the canning machine with water. pump the biomass into a fermenter --> biogas. The fermenter must be supplied with heat. There are heaters from IC2 with have to be next to the fermenter.
also look here for more information: http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Biogas

Edit: btw the link says you can create energy with IC2 biogas. DON'T! DO! IT! :D you would have to build 100+ fermenters to get a good amount of energy.

Ahh, I see. I think my first problem was that i didn't get the canning machine set up on the right configuration to "fluid enrich". Thank you for your help!

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
WTF? I could run 1 semifluid generator (16eu/t) from 2 fermenters.

The problem is that those 16EU/t are great if you want to power 1 or 2 machines but no EBF. If you would like to power a EBF from IC2-biogas. you would have to setup A LOT fermenters.
If you setup 4 fermenters which feed 4 fluid heat generators --> 1 fermenter is producing biogas for energy production.

I had 4*24 fermenter and that was not even close enough for one 24/7 EBF.
If I consider the amount of material I used for the fermenters, heaters and ejector upgrades ... it is not worth it.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that those 16EU/t are great if you want to power 1 or 2 machines but no EBF. If you would like to power a EBF from IC2-biogas. you would have to setup A LOT fermenters.
If you setup 4 fermenters which feed 4 fluid heat generators --> 1 fermenter is producing biogas for energy production.

I had 4*24 fermenter and that was not even close enough for one 24/7 EBF.
If I consider the amount of material I used for the fermenters, heaters and ejector upgrades ... it is not worth it.
The IC2 biogas production with fermenters is only useful for LV to MV.

For HV power from biogas you need the gregtech distilation tower.

Reactions: Dlur100

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack is being updated to v3.1.18 (needs to be selected from version list)
Mod Updates:
- AsieLib -> 0.4.4
- Bibliocraft -> 1.11.4
- Buildcraft -> 7.1.13
- Chisel -> 2.9.3.9
- Computronics -> 1.5.9
- CustomMainMenu -> 1.9.2
- EnderCore -> 0.2.0.31
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.419
- Extra Utilities -> 1.2.12
- Forestry -> 4.1.1.46
- Galacticraft -> 3.0.12.404
- Gendustry -> 1.6.3.128
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.793
- JourneyMap -> 5.1.1rc1
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.3.69
- MalisisCore -> 0.13.1
- MalisisDoors -> 1.12.0
- Nuclear Control 2 -> 2.3.2a
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.4 (downgrade to stable)
- OpenModsLib -> 0.8 (downgrade to stable)
- OpenEye -> 0.6 (downgrade to stable)
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.11.19-141
- Railcraft -> 9.8.0.0
- Thaumic Tinkerer -> 2.5-513
- WailaPlugins -> 0.2.0-23
- WailHarvestability -> 1.1.5

New mods:

- Storage Drawers
- TubeStuff (only for Online Player Detector and AutoWorkbench MK II)
- Wawla
- YouShallNotStack

Changes/fixes:
- [NEW] New Trash cans (Energy and Fluid)
- [NEW] Added tooltip to some disabled items (thanks @DarknessShadow)
- [NEW] Added Tank Switch button to the Fluid Canning Machine GUI
- [NEW] Added NEI "Search For Item In Nearby Inventories" button (Default 'T').
- [NEW] Switch on eIO Powered Lights when they get wireless power, too.
- [CHANGE] Overhauled Amadron Trades, instead of Emeralds it uses GT Ancient Coins
- [CHANGE] Disabled GC energy conversion. GC machines can accept any energy, but will only output RF.
- [CHANGE] Disabled eIO and HEE Enderman skull interchanging
- [CHANGE] Disabled crafting of Auto Project Table from Blue power (due to huge cause of lag). I recommend removing them and replacing them with BC or TS versions.
- [CHANGE] Disabled Auto Refill (was causing too much problems and it was annoying in some cases)
- [CHANGE] Changed speed of solidifying Wet Concrete into Conduit Binder
- [CHANGE] Autoclaving of Pulsating/Vibrant Crystals now has 85% chance of success
- [FIX/WORKAROUND] Made ExU Drums to not stack no matter what. Solves issue with duping.
- [FIX/WORKAROUND] Hardcoded Localization for Steves Workshop items
- [FIX] Fixed Fluid Canner NEI handler crashes.
- [FIX] Fixed few missing textures for He, CO2, Argon fluids/gases
- [FIX] Fixed Engine Booster recipe
- [FIX] Fixed Digger backpack not accepting items
- [FIX] Fixed block recipes (thanks @DarknessShadow)
- [FIX] Fix Vacuum Chest shift-clicking
- [RECOMMENDATION] I recommend that you double-check your BC gate setups after this update.

Known Issues:
- Double clicking an item in AutoWorbench MK II (when that item is also present in the crafting area) causes client to crash. (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...with-85-7-less-version-numbers?page=114#c2294)
- When JM minimap is not present on the screen your logs gets spammed with GL ERROR 1281 thingie. (https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/issues/845)

Missing/Removed Items:
- malisisdoors:curtain
- malisisdoors:item.curtain
- OpenBlocks:elevator_rotating
- OpenBlocks:builder_guide
Oh and I updated the modlist on the first page :D

Last edited:

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
v.3.1.17
just another question:
i want to make osmium. i have an recipe with fusion reactor to mix tungsten and helium fluids to get osmium. I want to build a fusion reactor but i thought the fusion reactor is to make energy.. i am a little confused :) which machine is to mix these fluids ?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
v.3.1.17
just another question:
i want to make osmium. i have an recipe with fusion reactor to mix tungsten and helium fluids to get osmium. I want to build a fusion reactor but i thought the fusion reactor is to make energy.. i am a little confused :) which machine is to mix these fluids ?
You get osmium as a byproduct from iridium ore.

The main purpose of the fusion reactor is energy generation but it also has other recipes to produce high end materials.

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
You get osmium as a byproduct from iridium ore.

The main purpose of the fusion reactor is energy generation but it also has other recipes to produce high end materials.

ok thx! so i have to build the reactor with the byproduct method and if its finished i can produce more osmium with the reactor itself. is this correct ?

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What is the reasoning behind this change? This would seem to make it very difficult to auto craft things that use these types of crystals?
You arent performing chemical reaction. You are trying to crystalize dust with adding unstable fluid element (in this case molten Pulsating Iron and Vibrant Alloy, which both of them contain mixed ender pearls).

What I can recommend is making these Crystals in bulk (as you should be doing with most of the items in GT in general)

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
You arent performing chemical reaction. You are trying to crystalize dust with adding unstable fluid element (in this case molten Pulsating Iron and Vibrant Alloy, which both of them contain mixed ender pearls).

What I can recommend is making these Crystals in bulk (as you should be doing with most of the items in GT in general)

Ok, so this is a thematic change, rather than a balance change. I can live with that.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Q2: 2gatsu , what kind a wall block U use in http://imgur.com/a/MSt6B?

Water stones (8 stones on a crafting table surrounding a bucket of water), and then I chisel them into panels. The texture pack I use that seems to bug out on them is ..... Soartex, I think? They just look like blue wall blocks in the default texture pack. But in Soartex they let you see through walls. I used them down there because I had a theme of glass walls in my tower--wanted to keep it going and be able to see at a glance if it was day or night.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
yes... true :D
ok i try to find some (or much more) iridium vines^^
thx!
You are still better going into end and finding platinum veins there

And second - best way to get osmium is to duplicate it, but it requires some high-level machinery.
Took a break to play some fallout 4. Years of modded minecraft make the construction/building system in FO4 feel painfully limited.
Cant agree more. It simply sucks. And it offers way too limited "ground control". You kinda cant change the ground (except building some floor on top of it) and you cant remove or modify existing houses, meh.
Mods should come soon, ya know.