[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Or breed bees :)

I cranked out a bunch of platinum last night, chemical bathing crushed nickel ore in mercury. So, that's an option, as well.

Edit: just realized this was not what was being discussed. Oops.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to new version I've noticed some strange behavior with Ender I/O filters and Trashcans.

I have a line of conduit pulling from the output chest of a quarry. First stop is a trashcan with a bunch of filters to void stuff like cobble/dirt/etc. Along the line are a bunch of barrels. At the end is a chest set to -10 priority.

Before the update anything in the filters on the trashcan would never make it to the final chest. After the update some of it is getting to the final chest. I tried breaking/replacing the trashcan in case that was it, didn't help. Tried recreating the filters, that didn't help.

Feels like trashcans can't accept as much at once as they used to, perhaps, which is why some stuff is making it to the end of the line. I might need a buffer chest where the trashcan is that then dumps into a trashcan but that will require more conduit upgrades.

Another bit of bizarre behavior I noticed was that I shutdown my BR reactor and turned off the turbine. The physical rotor inside the turbine visually stopped. In the GUI though the turbine was still at full RPMs, not slowing, and still producing at full power although the turbine was off. Had to break and reform the turbine to get it to stop.

Update: Using 4 trashcans with one insert/one filter instead of one trashcan with 4 insert/4 filter works as expected. If you have trashcans with potentially multiple simultaneous inputs across more than one face you might want to check your builds and redo them.

Update #2: Honey drops not working in fluid extractor, no recipe for it in NEI either. Chestnuts not working either. Combs not working in centrifuge. I'm getting deja vu.

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
@twisto51 I more or less stopped using trash cans now in favor of AE2 matter condensers. They accept trash faster than anything I have ever tried without having some of the odd behaviors of ExU trash cans. Plus, if you want to you can get byproduct out of them in the form of matter balls (ammo/scrap) or singularities for quantum bridges.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
@twisto51 I more or less stopped using trash cans now in favor of AE2 matter condensers. They accept trash faster than anything I have ever tried without having some of the odd behaviors of ExU trash cans. Plus, if you want to you can get byproduct out of them in the form of matter balls (ammo/scrap) or singularities for quantum bridges.

I never quite understood how to get singularites out of it. Do I need to pop in an empty ae2 cell before throwing in my garbage?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, with ExU drums not stacking anymore, if we have drums stacked in a container what will happen to them after 3.1.8? They just won't re-stack if we unstack them?

Caotical

Jul 29, 2019
twisto51
The reason the big reactors turbine was running after you turned it off is because it has warm up and cool down times. The way it behaves when you turn it on is the inverse of the way it will behave when you turn it off.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
twisto51
The reason the big reactors turbine was running after you turned it off is because it has warm up and cool down times. The way it behaves when you turn it on is the inverse of the way it will behave when you turn it off.

I've never had a turbine stay at constant RPM for minutes after being turned off. So if that is how it works it is both new and news to me. I'm used to it gradually losing speed. This one did not. If I hadn't broken the multiblock I'd probably have had 10-15k RF/t for free, indefinitely. I even disengaged the coils, it kept putting out that RF. The rotor stopped spinning as soon as I disabled the turbine, as expected. Not the RPM in the GUI, not the RF output. Again: Rotor stopped visually. Turbine shut down in GUI. Reactor shutdown, zero steam production. Still full RPM in turbine GUI, still full RF output, no change over ~30 minutes. Speed 3 quarry powered by the turbine? kept working. Buffer on turbine always empty because the quarry takes every bit of RF it produces.

Not normal behavior. Not talking about a turbine slowing down gradually after a reactor shutdown. :) Talking about a turbine that never slows down after a reactor shutdown, never slows down after disabled, never stops producing max RF output with coils disengaged.

I think I might try to replicate it by restoring from backup prior to upgrade, just so I can take pictures/video.

Last edited:

Majshock

Jul 29, 2019
I updated from 3.1.14 to .18 and started experiencing huge chunk updates causing me to freeze for a second every time. Is there a mod causing this for me?

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any way to automate the large turbines? I'm guessing energy detector on a battery buffer controlling shutters on the fluid inlet with an RS latch ... But is there anything like a resistor for Redstone strength? Really wish there was more diversity in the turbine rotors durabilities and statistics.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into an issue with a stirling generator setup, does anyone have any insight?

I have an IC2 fluid nuclear reactor putting out ~900 HU/s (certainly no higher than 950 as far as I can see). This is fed into an assembly of 10 IC2 Liquid heat exchangers (each with 10 heat conductors). Each LHE is connected to a stirling generator, so 10 LHE-Stirling pairs in total. There are then 5 IC2 CESUs, each of which can take 128EU/t, each able to take from at least 2 stirling generators. Finally the 5 CESUs connect to an MFE (rated for 512 EU/t). The MFE goes to an IC2 HV transformer, which is set to up-convert to 2048 EU and outputs into a GT EV Transformer, which sends IV down platinum wires to my main battery buffer.

As far as I can tell, my setup above should be able to take 1000 HU/s and generate 500 EU/t. Neither the CESUs or the MFE should fill up with energy. Unfortunately it seems that when I leave it on for a while, the CESUs and MFE fill up with energy and then the LHEs stop taking coolant as a result.

I'm pretty sure I have my numbers right, because I have had 4 reactors feeding 4 of these assemblages for several weeks, and everything working fine. When I extended it to 8, though, all the battery buffers filled up. My main power buffer was not filled.

Aaaaand now that I've gone to the effort of typing all this up, the system appears to be working correctly again. Does anyone know if there is something strange like transformers occasionally stop working properly? I'm keen that my reactors don't explode, as they are very painful to rebuild.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar setup, it ran for 4 full thorium cycles until it exploded without a reason...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hotfix update of the pack (3.1.19) Comming in few minutes
Forge updated to 10.13.4.1558
Mod Updates:

- EnderIO - > 2.3.0.420
- JourneyMap -> 5.1.1

Mod Downgrade:
- Forestry -> 4.1.0.45

Changes/Fixes:
- [NEW] EnderIO: OpenComputer Conduits
- [CHANGE] StorageDrawers rendering set to fancy. It will render GT Items on labels, but can cause FPS drops. Change it back to fast if you need to.
- [FIX] Fixed Chiseling Ender Chest exploit
- [FIX] Fixed Chamelium recipe not showing properly in NEI
- [FIX/WORKAROUND] Combs are again processable in GT Centrifuge

edit: I have done this update from my bed, because of being ill... But now all should be fine. Also I added recommended JVM args for the servers (and clients) on the first page.

Last edited:
Reactions: twisto51