[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas where can i find niter/saltpeter? The only thing i can find are small saltper ores in the nether and i cant see the normal ores in any vein description.
You can make it from sandstone in SAG mill with little chance. In nether saltpeter spawn only in small ore form, but it's enough for making industrial TNT for industrial mining! Hail to explosion!
Really, it is really good way to mining ore veins without quarry.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
You can centrifuge saltpeter from soul sand.

If you want large quantities of gunpowder, I would strongly recommend alchemical duplication. You can create vast quantities of gunpowder from common renewable materials that way, and rather quickly.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Corax

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I'm using gregtech 5.09 so i need it to produce polycaprolactam (you can craft strings with it). I could set up a flax/cotton farm but it's too easy :p. I guess i'll start to centrifuge soulsand, so i get a little bit of oil and coal too, or to synthesize it directly, 1 K dust + 1 N cell + 3 O cells = 5 saltpeter dust. Thanks for your replies!

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
After each server reboot my Advanced Alchemical Furnace stops heating. There's a very large energized node next to it. The multiblock is formed, just no heat. If I break the multiblock and reform it, it immediately starts working again. It's not over a chunk border :)

Anythoughts or github it?

Also, question #2: What are the screwdriver modes on the GT Locker used for? There appears to be a battery, then 1-9, then 3 symbols when you screwdriver a locker. I can't find any documentation on this.

Last edited:

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
After each server reboot my Advanced Alchemical Furnace stops heating. There's a very large energized node next to it. The multiblock is formed, just no heat. If I break the multiblock and reform it, it immediately starts working again. It's not over a chunk border :)

Anythoughts or github it?

I've seen that problem before, too, in the past. Haven't seen it happening in 3.x, yet.
No idea what causes it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Also, question #2: What are the screwdriver modes on the GT Locker used for? There appears to be a battery, then 1-9, then 3 symbols when you screwdriver a locker. I can't find any documentation on this.
I think that might just be decoration.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips/way to set higher priority for different machines for energy on a circuit? I have energy from my turbines splitting to go to two different areas, and it is sending all the energy to one side.
Example: HV transformer outputting 4xHV, with 2 cables attached to it. One side goes to a HV battery buffer, which ultimately powers all my LV machinery. That stuff is always running, so I'd like that HV buffer to stay full. The other side goes to an EV battery buffer, which stores my excess energy for all my higher voltage tasks. Right now, all the power is going to the EV buffer, and none goes to the HV buffer.

I'd either want it all to go to the HV side (with overflow going EV), or have a way to make it go 50/50 (again, with overflow to EV side)

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
How to get the third achievement from PneumaticCraft? I think its title something like "Black Gold" (I forgot the exact name).
R-Click with an empty bucket on the oil give me the oil bucket from GalactiCraft mod - no achieve.
I saw in some video that the achievement is given after putting the oil into the refinery tower (I mean several refineries from PnC). This video but it's not working for me. How to make it right?

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips/way to set higher priority for different machines for energy on a circuit? I have energy from my turbines splitting to go to two different areas, and it is sending all the energy to one side.
Example: HV transformer outputting 4xHV, with 2 cables attached to it. One side goes to a HV battery buffer, which ultimately powers all my LV machinery. That stuff is always running, so I'd like that HV buffer to stay full. The other side goes to an EV battery buffer, which stores my excess energy for all my higher voltage tasks. Right now, all the power is going to the EV buffer, and none goes to the HV buffer.

I'd either want it all to go to the HV side (with overflow going EV), or have a way to make it go 50/50 (again, with overflow to EV side)

Machines with the most range from the energy producer/battery is getting fed first.

x - machine
o - cable
B - battery buffer

X1 OO B O X2

X1 is getting powered first because it is 2 blocks far from the battery buffer.
If you replace X1 and X2 with battery buffers, you will see that effect. X1 will be filled first and then X2.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I used to do it like that with storage at the end of the highest tier until I realized the larger your setup the less good it was doing you(me). So I flipped the power gen to the highest tier side, storing everything at the highest tier and then feeding the lower tiers off of the higher tier. That way there isn't ever significant energy to a particular tier stored in a tier it can't get to. My current setup is all power gen transformed to HV and fed into a 16-slot buffer. From there a bus goes out feeding HV EBF, Armor Locker, 8x HV bat buffer for HV line, and two transformers to step it down to MV, MV does the same thing---buffer for MV line, then two transformers to step it down to LV line which is again a 16 buffer and then the machine line.

That way the only stored energy a particular tier can't get to is only that of a lower tier or tiers---which isn't that useful in the first place. It also prevents higher tiers from draining lower tier buffers in the blink of an eye.

Haven't had a low power situation with that build. I did however burn up a piece of cable on the LV tier when not calculating 2 amps for each thermal centrifuge.

In your case instead of splitting the power between the HV and EV buffers just send it to the EV buffer and feed the HV off of the EV.

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Subnetworks are good for storage, but anything with auto-crafting should be on your primary ME network for this specific reason.

Damn, that's a bummer. I could build a giant ME-controller, but I don't like to ^^
Is it possible to separate the automation of the machines into a logistic pipes-network and do the storage/recipe-autocrafting with AE2? and how do thoses systems work together?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, that's a bummer. I could build a giant ME-controller, but I don't like to ^^
Is it possible to separate the automation of the machines into a logistic pipes-network and do the storage/recipe-autocrafting with AE2? and how do thoses systems work together?
I can't speak to the logistics pipes network. I don't have a massive controller, but I have almost everything on my primary network, especially hundreds of crafting interfaces. I do this through use of P2P tunnels. Almost everything on my network with the exception of my storage drives and the crafting CPUs themselves is connected via P2P tunnels.

Here you can see my controller:
Wf0kiRR.png

Only the upside-down U shape is actually controller. Most of the rest are just chisel blocks. The colored dense cables coming off the controller aren't required, but make it easier to know which P2P tunnel goes where as I use the cooresponding color on the other end. In the lower-left corner of this picture you can see a piece of smart cable going into another separate controller block. This lets me consolidate more than 8 P2P tunnels into a single cable. One side of my controller feeds everything in my base in 1 direction with p2p tunnels, and the other side of the controller feeds the other. The dense red and dense black cables coming out of the center bottom are what feed my storage and crafting CPUs. They are the only non-p2p tunnels I use in this 9 block controller.

A couple other views of the controller setup:
Top of the controller:
YvdeGJM.png

Another view of that P2P tunnel consolidation controller:
oH7WEET.png

An example of how I split out from the Dense ME conduit at remote places:
zB83STz.png

KKtDoae.png

An example of how many machines I run off 1 p2p tunnel (everything in this view runs off 32 channels, or 1 P2P tunnel:
oMz0cT3.png

Last edited:

matagin

Jul 29, 2019
Which works best for Gregtech ore generation: Vanilla biomes, Biomes O'Plenty, or Highlands?

TraceOn37

Jul 29, 2019
Myself and a buddy are huge fans of this modpack... we played v2 for quite awhile, and we're just making headway into v3. Thanks to the team for creating/updating this pack, we've spent a lot of time on it!

Jason, we watch your Let's Play series and we are excited about the changes to Gregtech in 5.09. We're just getting into LV/MV, so it'd be the perfect time to make the switch to the new version. I know you're not ready to release a pack with the updated version - will it break our progression/pack if we update to the newest version of GT/IC2?

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Myself and a buddy are huge fans of this modpack... we played v2 for quite awhile, and we're just making headway into v3. Thanks to the team for creating/updating this pack, we've spent a lot of time on it!

Jason, we watch your Let's Play series and we are excited about the changes to Gregtech in 5.09. We're just getting into LV/MV, so it'd be the perfect time to make the switch to the new version. I know you're not ready to release a pack with the updated version - will it break our progression/pack if we update to the newest version of GT/IC2?
It "should" be fine if done carefully (meaning make a backup of backuped backup of your world backup). But don't come to cry to me if something will break :D

So progression should be fine, if there will be some other cross mod issues with updating GT/IC2 without some config changes... can't say that.

Last edited:

leksdevir

Jul 29, 2019
What about adding pressure pipes mod?
Pipes from this mod has very intersting and useful functions. Make them high-tier cus they work like ender fluid conduit, but cannot be hidden. And player can choose beteween functionality and ability to hide.
Also this mod contain multiblock tanks. They can be used as an alternative Railcraft tank when need to storing liquid not much, but more than accommodates drum.
P.s. sry for my english :)