[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
That sucks..

Actually I find it nicer than a stream of meteorites giving you the same couple plates when you need the full set and a meteorite compass that won't switch to the next meteorite until you've removed all traces of the previous one.

This way the element of chance is removed, as are the unsightly craters.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting to the point where I am going to extend my AE2 ME network out to my entire base using P2P tunnels. One thing I was wondering, for places where i only need 32 channels is there any pro/con of using the enderIO ME conduits instead of covered fluix cable? I thought about using the enderio ME conduit because then I can still run an enderio Item conduit and liquid conduit along with it.

ME conduits (and Dense ME conduits) work exactly the same as ae2 glass cables, with some benefits:
-you can disconnect them from each other with yeta wrench (you would have to use different colour ae cables for that)
-you can easily hide them with facades (ae2 has facades too, but less blocks are supported)
-you can run them in the same block as other conduits (which is very useful because you'll likely have other conduits running close to ae cables)

You still have to use ae cables (I usually use smart ones, for their channel display) if you're connecting buses, interfaces etc.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You have to craft the presses using the recipes in NEI.

And the recipe also requires EV voltage. LOL I think that's 4 HV's but I don't even know if there's an HV->EV transformer. I sure hope there is.

AE2 is one of my "go-to" mods in any pack I play, I try to get it up and running ASAP. But in this modpack, it is literally one of the LAST achievements we will arrive at, and it's all due to putting the AE2 Presses behind such a "firewall" as EV voltage.

Oddly, it hasn't upset me as much as I thought it would to live out of chests again like some Minecraft caveman from back in my Vanilla days. :) I'm okay with it. Thank goodness for the Iron Chests mod.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
ME conduits (and Dense ME conduits) work exactly the same as ae2 glass cables, with some benefits:
-you can disconnect them from each other with yeta wrench (you would have to use different colour ae cables for that)
-you can easily hide them with facades (ae2 has facades too, but less blocks are supported)
-you can run them in the same block as other conduits (which is very useful because you'll likely have other conduits running close to ae cables)

You still have to use ae cables (I usually use smart ones, for their channel display) if you're connecting buses, interfaces etc.

I set up my AE2 controller last night, and I had issues trying to get a p2p tunnel to connect directly to a dense cable at the controller. And by trouble, it wouldn't' work at all. Do I need to use regular ME cable to bridge the gap between the dense cable and the p2p tunnels on the controller?

And the recipe also requires EV voltage. LOL I think that's 4 HV's but I don't even know if there's an HV->EV transformer. I sure hope there is.

Make a HV transformer and hit it with a soft hammer. It's now a HV->EV step-up transformer. Be mindful that where a regular step-down transformer the dot is the input and all other faces are the output, with a step-up transformer the dot is the output and all other faces are the inputs.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I set up my AE2 controller last night, and I had issues trying to get a p2p tunnel to connect directly to a dense cable at the controller. And by trouble, it wouldn't' work at all. Do I need to use regular ME cable to bridge the gap between the dense cable and the p2p tunnels on the controller?

Yes

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Make a HV transformer and hit it with a soft hammer. It's now a HV->EV step-up transformer. Be mindful that where a regular step-down transformer the dot is the input and all other faces are the output, with a step-up transformer the dot is the output and all other faces are the inputs.

Thanks - at least I know it's that easy... except there's no way I can run 4 HV's right now off of steam. I bet running them would drain my max-size-steel RC Tank in less than 30 seconds. :) Gotta step up my game. So far, out of all the items I've gazed at in NEI, dreaming of the day I can make them, the AE2 stuff seems the farthest away. But I will get there.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019

AE2 is one of my "go-to" mods in any pack I play, I try to get it up and running ASAP. But in this modpack, it is literally one of the LAST achievements we will arrive at, and it's all due to putting the AE2 Presses behind such a "firewall" as EV voltage.

Oddly, it hasn't upset me as much as I thought it would to live out of chests again like some Minecraft caveman from back in my Vanilla days. :) I'm okay with it. Thank goodness for the Iron Chests mod.

If you use, Compressed Iron Blocks + Gem Lense for the Presses the actual EU cost of them drops significantly.. I think it drops down to HV era ? (not sure, at work =9)

Last edited:

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Btw got a question bout oregen.
Does GT gen ores stricktly by chunk boundaries?

By stricktly, I mean.. Let's say there're chunks x[0-8]. x0 is center of vein, x1-8 are surrounding it. Can chunks touching chunks x1-8 have some ore blocks in em? Or if I hit the chunk border, the vein is done?

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Btw got a question bout oregen.
Does GT gen ores stricktly by chunk boundaries?

By stricktly, I mean.. Let's say there're chunks x[0-8]. x0 is center of vein, x1-8 are surrounding it. Can chunks touching chunks x1-8 have some ore blocks in em? Or if I hit the chunk border, the vein is done?
It does not strictly follow chunk boundaries from what I can tell. Every 3x3 chunks is an approximation or ballpark. Sometimes veins even overlap.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you use, Compressed Iron Blocks + Gem Lense for the Presses the actual EU cost of them drops significantly.. I think it drops down to HV era ? (not sure, at work =9)

WOW. Thank you, I did not know this, but it's my own fault (as it always is) for not paging thru all the recipes and examining each one closely.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It does not strictly follow chunk boundaries from what I can tell. Every 3x3 chunks is an approximation or ballpark. Sometimes veins even overlap.

Yes I recently came across two veins that slightly overlapped - just as I was finishing clearing out one, the other ores began to appear.

A great way to get a look at how GT oregen operates is to make a random SSP world and use /cofh clearblocks to reveal everything so you can fly around and see how it works, how large they are on average, etc.

Here's the list I use (there's a character limit for text input which is why I have to break it up into multiple):
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 *fluid *tree *repl *stone *sand *dirt *plant *fire
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 chisel:marble chisel:limestone BigReactors:YelloriteOre
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 chisel:granite chisel:diorite chisel:andesite
/cofh clearblocks <username> 256 256 256 gregtech:gt.blockgranites Thaumcraft:blockCustomOre

Replace "<username>" with your in-game name, no brackets. This will reveal a 256-radius area around your location. Unfortunately the GT small ores cannot be removed or else the view of GT ore distribution would be even better. Most other blocks will be removed. Use NEI Data Dump to get mod:item names if you wish to add more blocks to the list. Vanilla minecraft items do not need to use the "Minecraft:" prefix.

More info here: http://teamcofh.com/docs/cofh-core/features/commands/index.html

Last edited:
Reactions: GammaGoblin

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I've found a Hungry node somewhat nearby. How can I utilize it?
Also, is upgrade of GT to 5.09 versions supported? Will it require me to regen? etc

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I've found a Hungry node somewhat nearby. How can I utilize it?
Also, is upgrade of GT to 5.09 versions supported? Will it require me to regen? etc
Use Automagy's Advanced Node Jarring (warded glass and silverywood logs instead of regular glass and planks) to encase the node. The node can't eat warded glass. The best way to do this I've found is to use the Uprising focus on your wand to get away from the node when it tries to eat you, as ender pearls do not work near warded glass. It's a little hectic/scary at first but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad to encase it in warded glass.

Then you can move the now jarred hungry node to a safer location (that's chunk loaded) and encase it in a new Warded Glass box leaving a 1x1 hole on one side open. Set up a chute out of unbreakable blocks and use an Item Grate with your favorite type of item conduit and feed that node a few thousand crafting tables. Let it grow BIG.

Then taint the node so that it's no longer hungry. Find a suitable location in your base where you're going to put your other Thaumcraft stuff. At the corners of a 5x5 square around where you intend to place the node put Ethereal Blooms to contain the taint from the node. At the center of that 5x5 grid square place a Node Stabilizer. Put your now-tainted node on top of the stabilizer. Put a Node Energizer on top of the jarred node. Put a redstone block on top of the Energizer. Right-click with your wand on the jarred node. In a few moments you'll have a very powerful Energized Node that can be used for Arcane Crafting, wand recharging, providing vis to Advanced Alchemical Furnaces, and so much more.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned you also need to protect the sides of GT machines from the rain. RIP Ender Quarry, magical energy converters, and ME drive full of ore :(