[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody asks this every couple months, which is fine. You can't expect people to scan 300 pages of a thread, and searching that sort of thing is useless :)
I did actually search and looked at about 30 random posts that mentioned "Extra Cells", but did not run across it. It is surprising though that those bugs are *still* not fixed... >.>

About the rest of my questions? I am especially curious about the egg one as I am getting to the point that I am about to put it in my base (surrounded in warded blocks thanks to my experiences in my test world)...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I did actually search and looked at about 30 random posts that mentioned "Extra Cells", but did not run across it. It is surprising though that those bugs are *still* not fixed... >.>

About the rest of my questions? I am especially curious about the egg one as I am getting to the point that I am about to put it in my base (surrounded in warded blocks thanks to my experiences in my test world)...
I thought about the rest of your questions, but I don't have any great answers.

For the dragon egg, its clearly to do with chunkloading, but I couldn't tell you exactly what's going on. At some point the game thinks there's two eggs in the universe and loses its shit. Your solution to disable the restriction seems reasonable.

There's a EU P2P tunnel for IC2 eus, but no GT version. There won't be a GT version afaik.

For the Tesseract, if you just want to teleport items around, you may need to use TC magic mirrors. If you want to teleport power around, you may be out of luck as far as direct energy transportation is concerned, but there's other ways: you can always just teleport fuels from A to B and run your industries from those.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about the rest of your questions, but I don't have any great answers.

For the dragon egg, its clearly to do with chunkloading, but I couldn't tell you exactly what's going on. At some point the game thinks there's two eggs in the universe and loses its shit. Your solution to disable the restriction seems reasonable.
Any chance of putting that fixed config in the pack itself so I do not have to remember fixing it every server update, would be sad to come back in to an exploded base...

There's a EU P2P tunnel for IC2 eus, but no GT version. There won't be a GT version afaik.
It would be fairly simple to add by Ash in his GT version, the AE2 API for it is simple, and the standard IC2 'cost' was 5% of the power being transferred in it for IC2 power. I could always convert to IC2 power then back, however I seem unable to be able to make IC2 cables, which are needed to 'tune' the tunnel to IC2 power... By design I have been guessing?

For the Tesseract, if you just want to teleport items around, you may need to use TC magic mirrors. If you want to teleport power around, you may be out of luck as far as direct energy transportation is concerned, but there's other ways: you can always just teleport fuels from A to B and run your industries from those.
That is what I had been doing up till now with, primarily methane (unending metric tons of rotten flesh, had to do something with it...), but now I am looking at putting a dragon egg generator in a small warded room far below the main base and wish to connect it to a few specific things in the base, power does not transfer very efficiently in GT...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Any chance of putting that fixed config in the pack itself so I do not have to remember fixing it every server update, would be sad to come back in to an exploded base...
Could someone else please independently confirm this is an issue before I harass Jason about it? If its definitely easily repeatable, then I think allowing multiple eggs is superior to having the single egg constantly explode for no good reason.

original_issue said:
in my test world I like to power my tests with a single grandmaster magic generator with a dragon egg, however sometimes when it is chunk unloaded/loaded, it detonates, if I try to place it again (still only a max of 1 in the world at a time) then it immediately detonates, only way I could work around this is to turn off the 1-egg limit, which I would prefer not to do on the server(but I will, as that exploding when only 1 is quite broken...). Why does this keep detonating when it is the only one in the world and even nothing could be hooked up to it...

It would be fairly simple to add by Ash in his GT version, the AE2 API for it is simple, and the standard IC2 'cost' was 5% of the power being transferred in it for IC2 power. I could always convert to IC2 power then back, however I seem unable to be able to make IC2 cables, which are needed to 'tune' the tunnel to IC2 power... By design I have been guessing?
Could you re-word that first sentence? I can't follow it.

IC2 cables are definitely disabled in this pack, because they permitted cheap, near-lossless energy transfer. I used to "cheat" with these all the time, but it really made the whole idea of complicated GT cabling logistics pretty irrelevant.
They shouldn't really be critical here for your setup should they? You should be able to accept the power via an MFSU or something of that sort, and then convert the power to GT.

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
ok now with 3.1.8.1 i get this message on connect:
Fatally missing blocks and items
help please :)

btw...never change a running system hrhr

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone else please independently confirm this is an issue before I harass Jason about it? If its definitely easily repeatable, then I think allowing multiple eggs is superior to having the single egg constantly explode for no good reason.
This was an issue in older GT's as well, to reproduce it all I had to do was put an egg on a (grandmaster in my case) magic energy absorber somewhere that is not the spawn chunk, then go out of chunkloading range and back in a few times and it explodes, once exploded you can set down another absorber immediately with an egg on top of it and it and any others will immediately explode and continues to do so until the server restarts.

Could you re-word that first sentence? I can't follow it.
Uh, sorry, meant (Blood) Asp, typing slip, he could use the AE2 API to add a single interface to support GTEU transfer over the ME P2P tunnels, can tune it with, say, any GT cable, or anyone else that is doing code for this pack could do that as well.

IC2 cables are definitely disabled in this pack, because they permitted cheap, near-lossless energy transfer. I used to "cheat" with these all the time, but it really made the whole idea of complicated GT cabling logistics pretty irrelevant.
They shouldn't really be critical here for your setup should they? You should be able to accept the power via an MFSU or something of that sort, and then convert the power to GT.
Rightfully so, the issue is without the cable then the ME P2P tunnels cannot be attuned to IC2 power, even someone making a change that allows the AE2 P2P tunnel to be attuned to IC2 via a GT Cable would work well, as you would then have to run GT power to it and have to use a transformer on the other side regardless, thus no cheaty power. If that is not a feature that MineTweaker has (being able to specify alternate items for P2P Tunnel attuning), it should be added.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
This was an issue in older GT's as well, to reproduce it all I had to do was put an egg on a (grandmaster in my case) magic energy absorber somewhere that is not the spawn chunk, then go out of chunkloading range and back in a few times and it explodes, once exploded you can set down another absorber immediately with an egg on top of it and it and any others will immediately explode and continues to do so until the server restarts.

Uh, sorry, meant (Blood) Asp, typing slip, he could use the AE2 API to add a single interface to support GTEU transfer over the ME P2P tunnels, can tune it with, say, any GT cable, or anyone else that is doing code for this pack could do that as well.

Rightfully so, the issue is without the cable then the ME P2P tunnels cannot be attuned to IC2 power, even someone making a change that allows the AE2 P2P tunnel to be attuned to IC2 via a GT Cable would work well, as you would then have to run GT power to it and have to use a transformer on the other side regardless, thus no cheaty power. If that is not a feature that MineTweaker has (being able to specify alternate items for P2P Tunnel attuning), it should be added.
I did copy the dragon egg syphon code 1:1 from GT4, so the bug is the same. And reading this, i know exactly why it is happening months after looking at the code the last time. I will fix it in the next update. But for GT5U bugs, there is now github issue tracking so i do not forget bugreports. https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues

The GT5.09.xx version will soon get an wireless energy transfer. After i'm done with oil/plastic stuff.

I also trought about adding support for AE2 P2P months ago when working with them myself but stopped after seeing what is needed to do that... Afaik since AE2 cables are multiparts, every ME cable needs to implements the GT EU Interface. That interface has about a hundred methods to implements... no thanks...

Just adding GT cables to tune the IC2EU P2P interface is something i will try. If AE2s API allows that easily.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
ok now with 3.1.8.1 i get this message on connect:
Fatally missing blocks and items
help please :)

btw...never change a running system hrhr

Seems like client and server are slightly out of sync with respect to mod versions or mods loaded. Or - worse - there may be a world corruption issue :eek:

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like client and server are slightly out of sync with respect to mod versions or mods loaded. Or - worse - there may be a world corruption issue :eek:

ok this issue is solved now... for some reason the congig files and folders was not uploaded completly ^^

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
jason, thank you for explain about the NEI recipe issue
but the problem is still there... ok a problem with the script sync but i dont understand what i can do now to solve it... reinstall client ?
My listed missing recipes are not shown in NEI as you described since 3.1.8

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Tales of the Fusion Journeyman

I've been running a sustained Mk I Fusion Reactor reaction on Tritium + Deuterium for several days now and have automated the Large Plasma Turbine on-off using Battery Buffers and RS Latch logic. I've also completed separation of my self-sustaining Fusion power system from my main base, with each having a dedicated Large Plasma Turbine, battery buffers, and logic gates.

The Helium Plasma is building up, which will allow me to shutdown the Tritium + Deuterium = Helium Plasma to switch to the Hydrogen + Neodymium = Europium recipe to work on Mk II Fusion, among other Europium-using recipes. I have enough of the input, so I'll probably make a big Europium batch tonight. I don't have NEI up, but I believe the Energy Orb Clusters (1B EU each @ 32768v) require Europium, so I'll be upgrading my EU power storage and transmission as soon as I can.

And, is it just me, or is superconducting wire 'the way to go' once you get above 8192v ? I could go Gallium-Vanadium, but honestly superconducting is not much more expensive if you consider iron/steel/redstone/copper/tin as super-cheap, i.e. almost free. Yttrium and Barium aren't that rare.

Base-wise, I've cleaned up all of my Fission and am using that space to build more EBF (Tungstensteel and Chrome) and more Processing Arrays (centrifuging lava and making UU-matter). I'll need a ton more Tungstensteel and Chrome for the Mk II. I *could* convert Mk I to Mk II, but I don't see a Mk II power recipe that I could sustain indefinitely like I can with just water as the input for the Mk I recipe. So, I'll probably keep the Mk I Fusion power recipe running until I can make the Mk III Fusion power recipes. The Mk III Fusion recipes produce so much power, that I still might make a profit by UU-matter-making one of the fuels - I haven't worked out the math yet.

Speaking of Mk III Fusion power, how best to extract 464,000 EU/t from Nickel Plasma ? A few Large Plasma Turbines with Huge Turbines in them ?

Last edited:
Reactions: sprAngles and Pyure

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
jason, thank you for explain about the NEI recipe issue
but the problem is still there... ok a problem with the script sync but i dont understand what i can do now to solve it... reinstall client ?
My listed missing recipes are not shown in NEI as you described since 3.1.8

Yes, probably. And, watch your client game console (log) as the client connects to the server. When you connect to the server, you *should* see all the .zs script files download to your client.

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
Enlight. Fused Q - recipe is fine (Chem Bath => Glowstone + Fused Quartz)
Vibrant alloy - recipe is fine (Alloy Smelter => Energ. Alloy + EnderPearl)
Energetic Alloy - recipe is fine (Alloy Smelter => Gold + Blaze powder)
Fused Quartz - recipe is fine (Alloy Smelter => Quartz + Glass Dust)

So everything is fine, there is nothing to hotfix.
Checked also if it works fine on server, just in case some broken sync with minetweaker. Works fine

both tests (client and server) were done with fresh download/update of the pack from 3.1.6 to 3.1.8.

If this happens on the server for you and your players, the server download has corrupted on your side, please redownload. Why it is probably server? Minetweaker synchronizes clients with the server scripts, so even if the client scripts were broken, the server should still sync the correct ones to the players. Yes there is still possibility that all your players have download corrupted, but that is mostly unlikely

i have tested the enlightenend fused quartz in chemical bath and it works i think the main issue is the missing recipe in NEI now for some items.. can you check this jason ? that would be very nice !! thanks in advance for your help !!
-jogi

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
i have tested the enlightenend fused quartz in chemical bath and it works i think the main issue is the missing recipe in NEI now for some items.. can you check this jason ? that would be very nice !! thanks in advance for your help !!
-jogi

If recipe works, but it's missing in NEI, that's almost always a client problem or a server-->client sync. issue. Test single-player to verify how your client behaves.

Or else, watch client console when connecting to server and make sure it downloads and processes all .zs script files.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Base-wise, I've cleaned up all of my Fission and am using that space
You know that you need fission to produce lutetium for americium for mark 3 fusion? I recommend starting early on that because it is cheap but slow as hell to produce.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
You know that you need fission to produce lutetium for americium for mark 3 fusion? I recommend starting early on that because it is cheap but slow as hell to produce.

I've produced "quite a bit" already. Is 400+ Lutetium enough ?

And, if I need more, I can UU-matter up some more, correct ?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I've produced "quite a bit" already. Is 400+ Lutetium enough ?

And, if I need more, I can UU-matter up some more, correct ?
Currently not on the PC to check, but if i remember right you need 600-700 for fusion 3 and later a bit more for the final endgame recipes. Replication also works, but should not be faster than a array of thorium breeding reactors.

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
If recipe works, but it's missing in NEI, that's almost always a client problem or a server-->client sync. issue. Test single-player to verify how your client behaves.

Or else, watch client console when connecting to server and make sure it downloads and processes all .zs script files.

Hi MigukNamja! Thx for your help!
i tested in SP and there the recipe looks fine!
ok first step finished :)
in the gregtech.log on client side i found an exception at this point:
GT_Mod: Re-Unificating Recipes.
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Hashtable.putAll(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.LanguageRegistry.injectLanguage(LanguageRegistry.java:253)
at gregtech.api.util.GT_LanguageManager.addStringLocalization(GT_LanguageManager.java:29)
at gregtech.common.blocks.GT_Item_Machines.func_77624_a(GT_Item_Machines.java:67)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_82840_a(ItemStack.java:525)
at mcp.mobius.waila.overlay.DisplayUtil.itemDisplayNameMultiline(DisplayUtil.java:152)
at mcp.mobius.waila.overlay.DisplayUtil.itemDisplayNameShort(DisplayUtil.java:172)
at mcp.mobius.waila.handlers.HUDHandlerBlocks.getWailaHead(HUDHandlerBlocks.java:38)
at mcp.mobius.waila.api.impl.MetaDataProvider.handleBlockTextData(MetaDataProvider.java:148)
at mcp.mobius.waila.overlay.WailaTickHandler.tickClient(WailaTickHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_673_WailaTickHandler_tickClient_ClientTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostClientTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:330)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:2064)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.LanguageRegistry.injectLanguage(LanguageRegistry.java:253)
at gregtech.api.util.GT_LanguageManager.addStringLocalization(GT_LanguageManager.java:29)
at gregtech.common.blocks.GT_Item_Machines.func_77624_a(GT_Item_Machines.java:60)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.itemDisplayNameMultiline(GuiContainerManager.java:119)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.concatenatedDisplayName(GuiContainerManager.java:162)
at codechicken.nei.api.ItemInfo.getSearchName(ItemInfo.java:529)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$PatternItemFilter.matches(ItemList.java:65)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$AnyMultiItemFilter.matches(ItemList.java:110)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$AllMultiItemFilter.matches(ItemList.java:85)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$2.execute(ItemList.java:239)
at codechicken.nei.RestartableTask$1.run(RestartableTask.java:24)

in fml-client-latest i found several lines where the .zs files are loading.

Any suggestions ? thx in advance!

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Hi MigukNamja! Thx for your help!
i tested in SP and there the recipe looks fine!
ok first step finished :)
in the gregtech.log on client side i found an exception at this point:
GT_Mod: Re-Unificating Recipes.
at gregtech.common.blocks.GT_Item_Machines.func_77624_a(GT_Item_Machines.java:67)
at mcp.mobius.waila.overlay.DisplayUtil.itemDisplayNameMultiline(DisplayUtil.java:152)
at mcp.mobius.waila.overlay.DisplayUtil.itemDisplayNameShort(DisplayUtil.java:172)
at mcp.mobius.waila.handlers.HUDHandlerBlocks.getWailaHead(HUDHandlerBlocks.java:38)
at mcp.mobius.waila.api.impl.MetaDataProvider.handleBlockTextData(MetaDataProvider.java:148)
at mcp.mobius.waila.overlay.WailaTickHandler.tickClient(WailaTickHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_673_WailaTickHandler_tickClient_ClientTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostClientTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:330)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:2064)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at gregtech.common.blocks.GT_Item_Machines.func_77624_a(GT_Item_Machines.java:60)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.itemDisplayNameMultiline(GuiContainerManager.java:119)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.concatenatedDisplayName(GuiContainerManager.java:162)
at codechicken.nei.api.ItemInfo.getSearchName(ItemInfo.java:529)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$PatternItemFilter.matches(ItemList.java:65)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$AnyMultiItemFilter.matches(ItemList.java:110)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$AllMultiItemFilter.matches(ItemList.java:85)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$2.execute(ItemList.java:239)
at codechicken.nei.RestartableTask$1.run(RestartableTask.java:24)

in fml-client-latest i found several lines where the .zs files are loading.

Any suggestions ? thx in advance!
Sounds like that minetweaker now loads recipes multithreaded... And something on the way does not like multithreading...

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Tales of the Fusion Journeyman

I've been running a sustained Mk I Fusion Reactor reaction on Tritium + Deuterium for several days now and have automated the Large Plasma Turbine on-off using Battery Buffers and RS Latch logic. I've also completed separation of my self-sustaining Fusion power system from my main base, with each having a dedicated Large Plasma Turbine, battery buffers, and logic gates.

The Helium Plasma is building up, which will allow me to shutdown the Tritium + Deuterium = Helium Plasma to switch to the Hydrogen + Neodymium = Europium recipe to work on Mk II Fusion, among other Europium-using recipes. I have enough of the input, so I'll probably make a big Europium batch tonight. I don't have NEI up, but I believe the Energy Orb Clusters (1B EU each @ 32768v) require Europium, so I'll be upgrading my EU power storage and transmission as soon as I can.

And, is it just me, or is superconducting wire 'the way to go' once you get above 8192v ? I could go Gallium-Vanadium, but honestly superconducting is not much more expensive if you consider iron/steel/redstone/copper/tin as super-cheap, i.e. almost free. Yttrium and Barium aren't that rare.

Base-wise, I've cleaned up all of my Fission and am using that space to build more EBF (Tungstensteel and Chrome) and more Processing Arrays (centrifuging lava and making UU-matter). I'll need a ton more Tungstensteel and Chrome for the Mk II. I *could* convert Mk I to Mk II, but I don't see a Mk II power recipe that I could sustain indefinitely like I can with just water as the input for the Mk I recipe. So, I'll probably keep the Mk I Fusion power recipe running until I can make the Mk III Fusion power recipes. The Mk III Fusion recipes produce so much power, that I still might make a profit by UU-matter-making one of the fuels - I haven't worked out the math yet.

Speaking of Mk III Fusion power, how best to extract 464,000 EU/t from Nickel Plasma ? A few Large Plasma Turbines with Huge Turbines in them ?

You can sustain both Mk II reactions:

lithium-aluminium - clay dust. You can duplicate clay with TC.
beryllium-deuterium (I'm going with that recipe, almost ready to switch the reactor to Mk II) - deuterium is self-explanatory. Beryllium - enderman farm, and processing the pearls into molten beryllium. Isn't that hard, but you need a good mobfarm for that. I'll post screenshots when I'm done with Mk II.

I still haven't started on the thorium reactors though :/ Would the designs you and Dark posted way earlier still work well? Or is there some better design? How many reactors should I make? I have over 10k thorium.