[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
yup and it still gives me 3.1.6

EDIT: OK never mind turns out that 3.1.7 isn't the recommended version. Thats why it wasn't working. A player on my server informed me the there was an update and I didn't consider that it could be a beta update. Sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
yup and it still gives me 3.1.6

EDIT: OK never mind turns out that 3.1.7 isn't the recommended version. Thats why it wasn't working a player on my server informed me the there was an update and I didn't consider that it could be a beta update. Sorry for wasting your time.
Hehe..no worries. glad you solved it :)

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
Btw is there a specific reason opis is disabled by default? I don't see why it would be a problem to have enabled.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually not aware of any saltpeter sources at all in this pack. A bit of a shame as it would make tnt much easier to mass produce and provide an easier nitrogen source iirc

I got saltpeter from centrifuging soul sand. It gives small piles of saltpeter along with some oil and sand. (The oil isn't enough to make it energy positive, however).

Still not enough for the insane quantities of industrial TNT needed to build a glacticraft rocket, so I set up arcane duplication of gunpowder using Thaumcraft. That takes 4 stacks each of charcoal and cobblestone to give 1 stack of gunpowder using two standard alchemical furnaces and an alchemical assembly.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
A member of my server just used a Enderio mod farm for creepers. Though a concussion creeper farm might be better since you could get enderpearls which are a source of nitrogen.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A member of my server just used a Enderio mod farm for creepers. Though a concussion creeper farm might be better since you could get enderpearls which are a source of nitrogen.
And at this point you might as well do ender-lillies on endstone. (which is what I do)

Bearing in mind that by the time you care about nitrogen, you've probably been to the End.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
...but a boiler can consume, at most, 125% of its optimal flow, or 625 mb/t in your case.

Ah, this perfectly explains the crappy (non-desired) behavior I had with my 1st attempt with the small rotor. I was sending it close to 900mB/t of steam and it could only handle 625mB/t max.

On my 2nd rotor, I chose a 16,000L/s, or 800mB/t 'optimal' rotor, which means 800*1.25 = 1,000mB/t max. And, I'm sending it close to 900mB/t, which it can handle, and there's no problem. The loop seems closed and all is happy.

See pics as you have described - they show exactly what it should show based upon your very helpful advice:

IC2 @ 898 Hu/t
3EYjY5a.png

LHE @ 898 mB Steam/t
v3LqCfO.png

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
And at this point you might as well do ender-lillies on endstone. (which is what I do)

Bearing in mind that by the time you care about nitrogen, you've probably been to the End.

Same. Ender Lily farms aren't too difficult to setup.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ah, this perfectly explains the crappy (non-desired) behavior I had with my 1st attempt with the small rotor. I was sending it close to 900mB/t of steam and it could only handle 625mB/t max.

On my 2nd rotor, I chose a 16,000L/s, or 800mB/t 'optimal' rotor, which means 800*1.25 = 1,000mB/t max. And, I'm sending it close to 900mB/t, which it can handle, and there's no problem. The loop seems closed and all is happy.

See pics as you have described - they show exactly what it should show based upon your very helpful advice:

IC2 @ 898 Hu/t
LHE @ 898 mB Steam/t

I like that the mouseover steam/t always matches the hu/s from the reactor. And for extra fun and confusion, note that the hot coolant output is in hu/s and not hu/t.

dumbass said:
...but a boiler can consume, at most, 125% of its optimal flow, or 625 mb/t in your case.

And did I seriously say "boiler" there? Shit. I meant "turbine". Its no wonder people can't follow wtf I'm talking about half the time.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Re: gunpowder

There's also a 3x3 shaped IC2 recipe that uses 5x redstone and 4x coal dust to make 3x gunpowder.

However, for mass production, it's hard to beat bees, crops, or Thaumcraft. Thaumcraft is pretty straightfoward. I reduce to essentia charcoal on one side and tiny stone dusts on the other, then combine their essentia in an Alchemical Construct:

K5ZIpgw.png

0ZIzwBg.png

Bee-wise, there's Creepy, Crumbling and Austere.

Reactions: Pyure

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
And for extra fun and confusion, note that the hot coolant output is in hu/s and not hu/t.

LOL, yes, I noticed that. And, the extra !!!FUN!!! and confusion doesn't stop there. The rotors are spec'd in L/s, so we got the trifecta in just 1 power system !
  • Hu/s
  • mB/t
  • L/s
And did I seriously say "boiler" there? Shit. I meant "turbine". Its no wonder people can't follow wtf I'm talking about half the time.

I got your meaning quite fine :)

Reactions: Pyure

Black0305

Jul 29, 2019
EXBL is automaticaly enabled in all worlds.

Thanks so far. But i got another question for you :) the last time we played there was a mod(not really sure if it was an extra mod) where the blocks stayed in an "half-mined" state for some seconds if you stopped mining and after some seconds the block returned in the original "untouched" state. Is this mod still available or did i just mixed it up with some other mod pack?

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that in the pack cheese has a lot of metallum aspect on it, presumably due to the way it is crafted with a pam's harvestcraft pot and possibly a bucket of milk. The pot and bucket both have a lot of metallum, but neither is consumed in the process, making this an extremely cheap source of metallum (particularly if soy milk is used). Essentially this will allow for infinite metal duplication from farming soy beans.

Reactions: adamich

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks so far. But i got another question for you :) the last time we played there was a mod(not really sure if it was an extra mod) where the blocks stayed in an "half-mined" state for some seconds if you stopped mining and after some seconds the block returned in the original "untouched" state. Is this mod still available or did i just mixed it up with some other mod pack?
No, I forget what it was called but we did have that mod once. Everyone hated it and it got pulled. Sorry I can't remember the name :/

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
No, I forget what it was called but we did have that mod once. Everyone hated it and it got pulled. Sorry I can't remember the name :/
It was Multimine mod (http://atomicstryker.net/multimine.php). It got removed quite a while ago, because it was causing unwanted issues (most notably it made Axe of the Stream useless and even more importantly, it caused blocks to dissapear)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question for those of you using Logistics Pipes Network for crafting. Lets go simple. I want to make wires on request. I have my Crafting Pipe, configured with 1 Tin ingot input, 2 Tin Wires output, connected to Wiremill. If I request 2,4,6,8,... wires it all goes fine. But wheni request 3, 5, 7 etc wires, it will of course make 4, 6, 7 of them. In the Request side, i indeed get what I asked for (3 wires), but i have noticed that the 4th wire, is getting stuck in the Crafting Pipe, and eventually pops out on the ground. Any solution?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question for those of you using Logistics Pipes Network for crafting. Lets go simple. I want to make wires on request. I have my Crafting Pipe, configured with 1 Tin ingot input, 2 Tin Wires output, connected to Wiremill. If I request 2,4,6,8,... wires it all goes fine. But wheni request 3, 5, 7 etc wires, it will of course make 4, 6, 7 of them. In the Request side, i indeed get what I asked for (3 wires), but i have noticed that the 4th wire, is getting stuck in the Crafting Pipe, and eventually pops out on the ground. Any solution?
It sounds like you dont have a itemsink defined as a default route and the items have nowhere to go.

Btw you should use crafting module so you can easily add more recipes to a machine (up to 8).