[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
First - Hi and thanks for that awesome modpack. It is pretty simular to my own with small exceptions and I really enjoy playing yours.
I d like to suggest some mods.
1 st - Mekanism-mods family. Mekanism is pretty usefull at its core, with its fabrics, ore enrichment and ore multiplication. Plus, it offers nice tools and just ok jetpack. It has some OP things (when played with gregtech) - like steel production, but everything else plays nicely. I dont see it often (or honestly I never say it in modpacks), but I use it in my modpack all the time and it really is A VERY TECH MOD. See it, try it. Is quite worth your attention
2 - I was surprised about thermal expansion. Wht no thermal expansion? Because of gregtech, or?... It has some nice things
3 - Optifine. Dunno why people don't include it at all, but well..its optifine. Much faster loading, much better CPU load destribution, much higher FPS, smoothness and stability

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
1+2. Both mods offer the same GregTech does in this pack. So simply missplaced here.
3. Optifine does not allow to be added in modpacks.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
1+2. Both mods offer the same GregTech does in this pack. So simply missplaced here.
3. Optifine does not allow to be added in modpacks.

@Sliderpro

This ^^^

This is a GT-centered pack, and since GT's cores are ores and power, other mods which have that as their cores as well like Mek and TE are redundant. It's not that Mek and TE are bad mods. Quite the contrary - they are awesome mods. But, one does not put chipotle peppers or the finest chocolate in a creamy seafood dish simply because they are nice ingredients by themselves. As with a good food dish, a good modpack is about theme and balance.

Edit : Sorry, I couldn't resist this. I'm a big Sean Bean and LoTR fan
osi5o.jpg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Sliderpro

This ^^^

This is a GT-centered pack, and since GT's cores are ores and power, other mods which have that as their cores as well like Mek and TE are redundant. It's not that Mek and TE are bad mods. Quite the contrary - they are awesome mods. But, one does not put chipotle peppers or the finest chocolate in a creamy seafood dish simply because they are nice ingredients by themselves. As with a good food dish, a good modpack is about theme and balance.

Edit : Sorry, I couldn't resist this. I'm a big Sean Bean and LoTR fan
+1 for analogies and sean bean :)

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
First - Hi and thanks for that awesome modpack. It is pretty simular to my own with small exceptions and I really enjoy playing yours.
I d like to suggest some mods.
1 st - Mekanism-mods family. Mekanism is pretty usefull at its core, with its fabrics, ore enrichment and ore multiplication. Plus, it offers nice tools and just ok jetpack. It has some OP things (when played with gregtech) - like steel production, but everything else plays nicely. I dont see it often (or honestly I never say it in modpacks), but I use it in my modpack all the time and it really is A VERY TECH MOD. See it, try it. Is quite worth your attention
2 - I was surprised about thermal expansion. Wht no thermal expansion? Because of gregtech, or?... It has some nice things
3 - Optifine. Dunno why people don't include it at all, but well..its optifine. Much faster loading, much better CPU load destribution, much higher FPS, smoothness and stability

I was really hung up on mekanism's processing chain as well. I really like the complexity required to get to 5x. Then I started looking into gregtech's processing chain:
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing#Early_game_processing

and

https://imgur.com/a/StuM8

I realized that they are remarkably similar. Gregtech's chain is a bit more complex and yields less results but still, quite complicated involving many machines, liquids, etc.

The only thing that I can't part with though are those mechanical pipes :) I have been working to disable most of mekanism while keeping those pipes and balancing the recipes with this pack.

Azor

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding your RTGs: for the most part these aren't a big deal, unless you find a plutonium vein, in which case you can easily spam them given enough raw (common) resources. Don't be horribly shocked if some future version of the pack nerfs plutonium veins.
I found two veins month ago. One just under my base and one 200 blocks away. They stayed untouched until I read here about RTG... :D So after carefully processing I have got 1485 plutonium ingots. Theoretically it can infinite produce 2560 EU/t (4,5 stacks equal 512 EU/t cluster, and I have plutonium for 5+ such clusters). The only problem now is iron as each cluster required 81 stack of it. So yeah it IS a big deal.

About nerf plutonium I dont care at all as I already got more then I need. It seems much luck that 2 veins was so close each to other and my base, but I think amount of raw plutonium in veins should be smaller. Its strange: before processing I got more plutonium then uranium.

Regarding your power gen: Maybe consider turning on your finite sources when the battery itself is low. That way they'll all turn on simultaneously and stay on for the same period of time. That's what I do: I currently have my Thorium power running full time, a mere 450 eu/t. And when the battery gets low (~13%) my other nuclear power starts up until I'm back up to ~85% full.
Thanks I'll try this. Or maybe I should just ignore GT power transfer at all and just make few separated lines for charge batteries connected via eIO where you can control priorities. But I have not yet abandoned attempts to understand how the GT/IC2 priority system works.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Theoretically it can infinite produce 2560 EU/t (4,5 stacks equal 512 EU/t cluster, and I have plutonium for 5+ such clusters). The only problem now is iron as each cluster required 81 stack of it. So yeah it IS a big deal.
That's nuts :) BTW the reason you found so much plutonium vs uranium is because that was actually a plutonium vein. Uranium veins are mostly pitcheblende and don't have any plutonium ore at all.

About nerf plutonium I dont care at all as I already got more then I need.
Also you can just cheat in as much as you want at any time :p (which is the same thing, if you use a material that you've stockpiled and then gets removed)

Or maybe I should just ignore GT power transfer at all and just make few separated lines for charge batteries connected via eIO where you can control priorities. But I have not yet abandoned attempts to understand how the GT/IC2 priority system works.
I'm still not clear on what you mean by priority system. And you can't send power around via eIO and expect to use it in your GT machines. eIO can plug into GT, but not vice versa, you'll have to transform that power via something like pneumaticcraft.

That said, I'm really enjoying my own power setup. My Thorium reactor has been steadily working away. Apparently one cycle lasts 13.88 hours, so I haven't even completed a single cycle yet. As a result, my other reactors haven't even flipped on yet in two days (although I'm at 25% now, they should flip on soon)

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a server at the moment, but I've run into an issue with the pickaxe of the core. It doesn't seem to be able to prospect gregtech ores unless they are already visible on the surface. Is this a known issue? I found references to hidden ores in older documentation, could that be the issue?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Hidden ores is an old function of GT4, and does not exist anymore in GT5. About half a year back, prospecting worked fine, so it also should not be a TileEntity issue.
Should that not prospecting now be a problem everyone has, that it is a sideeffect of trying to make ores more efficient TPS or traffic wise.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Also you can just cheat in as much as you want at any time :p (which is the same thing, if you use a material that you've stockpiled and then gets removed)
No it's not. Stockpiling is self-defense against arbitrarily changing rules. :p Recall my explosion about the charcoal-smelting? The problem wasn't the new setup as such, but rather the fact that it was an unexpected change that demolished my plans for the early game.In hindsight, it's the more interesting setup, but if a rules change like that comes out of the blue while you're planning your early power generation it can be a cause for frustration.

I'm still not clear on what you mean by priority system.
I think he means the question: "If I have several power sources, which of them is going to take priority when machines draw power from the grid?" I've had the same problem: I would've preferred if my machines had drawn from my rtg clusters equally, since that would've meant they'd both work all the time to replenish their stored power. However, that didn't happen, but rather the machines drew from one until it was empty and then from the second, so both were working to replenish power only after one was completely empty. If you have two power sources, can you make it so that power is drawn from both sources equally?

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No it's not. Stockpiling is self-defense against arbitrarily changing rules. :p Recall my explosion about the charcoal-smelting? The problem wasn't the new setup as such, but rather the fact that it was an unexpected change that demolished my plans for the early game.In hindsight, it's the more interesting setup, but if a rules change like that comes out of the blue while you're planning your early power generation it can be a cause for frustration.
lolz :) Of course, you can always protect yourself against any rules you consider arbitrary by just giving yourself items via NEI, at any time. Either way you're still playing differently than everyone else. Which is completely fine: I play with magnet-mode on half the time and use the NEI trashing option a thousand times a day. Totally cheating. My choice.

I think he means the question: "If I have several power sources, which of them is going to take priority when machines draw power from the grid?" I've had the same problem: I would've preferred if my machines had drawn from my rtg clusters equally, since that would've meant they'd both work all the time to replenish their stored power. However, that didn't happen, but rather the machines drew from one until it was empty and then from the second, so both were working to replenish power only after one was completely empty. If you have two power sources, can you make it so that power is drawn from both sources equally?
Oh, got you, this makes sense.

I think you're always a victim of this. I can't think of any way around this, other than the centralization I already talked about. For things like RTGs of course, you can mitigate the problem by sending the power to an intermediary buffer before it goes to the rest of the grid...that might help a bit.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
noob question... How do I set up LogisticsPipes crafting with GT tools? For example if I want to craft plate using hammer with 2 ingots?
I have 2 LP crafting tables.
A) For Iron Hammer
B) For Iron Plate.

To B i have connected Supplier pipe to keep Iron Hammer stocked.

Now when I request Iron Plate, it will craft it correctly, but then the A will start crafting hammer again for B supplier pipe even when the hammer is still present in there. How the heck can I say to supplier pipe to ignore NBT?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
noob question... How do I set up LogisticsPipes crafting with GT tools? For example if I want to craft plate using hammer with 2 ingots?
I have 2 LP crafting tables.
A) For Iron Hammer
B) For Iron Plate.

To B i have connected Supplier pipe to keep Iron Hammer stocked.

Now when I request Iron Plate, it will craft it correctly, but then the A will start crafting hammer again for B supplier pipe even when the hammer is still present in there. How the heck can I say to supplier pipe to ignore NBT?
Have you tried this without the additional supplier pipe? I haven't used LP in a while, but it's quite possible that item requests from a crafting pipe are NBT-independent while supplier pipe settings are not. It's similar in AE2: you can use GT tools in normal crafting patterns without having to do anything fancy - the request for a hammer will be fulfilled by any hammer regardless of damage and you only end up with several when , but an export bus is precise unless you use a fuzzy card. If that doesn't work, are there equivalents to AE2's fuzzy card in LP?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried this without the additional supplier pipe? I haven't used LP in a while, but it's quite possible that item requests from a crafting pipe are NBT-independent while supplier pipe settings are not. It's similar in AE2: you can use GT tools in normal crafting patterns without having to do anything fancy - the request for a hammer will be filled by any hammer regardless of damage, but an export bus is precise unless you use a fuzzy card. If that doesn't work, are there equivalents to AE2's fuzzy card in LP?
If i will keep the hammer inside Crafting pipe, it will always request it (it doesnt care if the hammer is already inside the table) if I am not mistaken

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
If i will keep the hammer inside Crafting pipe, it will always request it (it doesnt care if the hammer is already inside the table) if I am not mistaken
Not quite what I meant. If you do NOT keep a hammer in the table and let the system always request one, like with other items, will that request be fulfilled by any differently-damaged hammer of the same material you have in a chest with a provider pipe or not?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite what I meant. If you do NOT keep a hammer in the table and let the system always request one, like with other items, will that request be fulfilled by any differently-damaged hammer of the same material you have in a chest with a provider pipe or not?
Yes and no.... If I put Fuzzy Upgrade on the crafting Pipe and will set on hammer to ingore "stuff", take out the hammer and put it back into chest wirh provider, and request a crafting, it will use that hammer, however if I will request more than one plate, it will want to craft new hammer.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
You need a crafting pipe with the recipe (without the tool) and a supplier pipe to deliver the tool into the recipe (works with crafting module + active supplier module in chassis) then you need a Fuzzy Crafting Table and in the recipe set it to Ignore NBT for the tool.
1nnyOpX.jpg

The supplier pipe will immediently request a new tool after the first crafting BUT nothing more because the crafting table will use the first tool until it breaks.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
But still... I will have a feature request to Logistics Pipes devs to try to support Fuzzy upgrade on Supplier Pipe/module as well :p

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
In v3.1.5 Carpenter's Blocks (3.3.7) seems broken. I can no longer place other blocks into them to change their appearance.