[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
in "zRFsupport.zs" I see
var conduitEnergy = <EnderIO:itemPowerConduit>;
var conduitEnergyEnhanced = <EnderIO:itemPowerConduit:1>;
var conduitEnergyEnder = <EnderIO:itemPowerConduit:2>;

recipes.remove(conduitEnergy);
NEI.hide(conduitEnergy);
recipes.remove(conduitEnergyEnhanced);
NEI.hide(conduitEnergyEnhanced);
recipes.remove(conduitEnergyEnder);
NEI.hide(conduitEnergyEnder);

It's a last version of modpack
Hmm....I haven't made any new power conduits for two weeks but I'm reasonably sure the changelog didn't mention that the conduits were removed again. I recall, however, that there was one upgrade where we were advised to delete the scripts folder. I'll check this when I get home.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
in "zRFsupport.zs" I see
var conduitEnergy = <EnderIO:itemPowerConduit>;
var conduitEnergyEnhanced = <EnderIO:itemPowerConduit:1>;
var conduitEnergyEnder = <EnderIO:itemPowerConduit:2>;

recipes.remove(conduitEnergy);
NEI.hide(conduitEnergy);
recipes.remove(conduitEnergyEnhanced);
NEI.hide(conduitEnergyEnhanced);
recipes.remove(conduitEnergyEnder);
NEI.hide(conduitEnergyEnder);

It's a last version of modpack
Have you tested this in game? I also see those scripts in jason's github, but I can't test for 8 hours.

There are already items named "rotors" (components of electric pumps), so that would be confusing. What about "turbine rotor"?
That works. I edited my post.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah zRFsupport is disabled, look closely at the very start and end of the file and you'll realise the entire thing is a giant multiline comment. If you uncomment they'll be disabled but they were reenabled as part of the de-unification of RF and EU.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Whole script (zRFsupport.zs) is commented out (by using /* on the first line), so it acts like it doesnt exists. Its in the script folder just because A) It was used in early version of IT2 v3; B) it was needed to be in there because FTB Launcher doesnt delete/replace whole folders except mods and configs; C) I am keeping it in there because of B and because I am too lazy to hit delete on that file, since I doubt anyone is playing v3.0.0 anymore or will be updating from pure v3.

In short: Because FTB Launcher is not able to delete files, only replace... it replaced it with commented out file (I could also delete the contents of that script, it will do the same, but I might some day go back to it and reimplement that in IT or maybe use it in other modpack.

Reactions: adamich and Pyure

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to start introducing non-minecraft-standard symbols to the wiki, that will just confuse the hell out of everyone. If someone has to go read wikipedia to understand the page, we're doing it wrong :p

Yeah i know, its very unlikely to go anywhere haha, who the heck knows what 10Q is without a reference?(i'm probably using it wrong anyways) I just want a shorthand for L/t and Q seems more complicated than it should be for what i want, so i'm probably wrong.

The "Q" symbol is something i can see myself using in my own calculations as it is more compact and beautiful for me until i find a better one if i'm using the wrong symbol. If others use seconds over ticks for unit for time though i'll have to watch out, i hope we will end up with ticks being the default at the very least.

Ticks also doesn't make sense if you don't look it up, you can sort of deduce it by burn time but it isn't as apparent as blocks, it's the same with mB if you don't explain what it stands for so there things is equal.

Blocks being 1 meter is something i think most people assume without having to research it and you can deduce that a block fits about 1000L without any references. So the easiest would be L/s (which is already used) but causes longer formulas and potential mistakes especially because we need to convert between seconds and ticks all the time, stuff gets lost in translation.

If you need to know how many liters a block contains it is pretty much a given you already know what a tick or mB is tho so maybe we shouldn't balance things around what a complete newbie to minecraft mods knows.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That's part of the reason I included both per-tick and per-second calculations in the wiki, so that people didn't have to do the mathing themselves. I'd rather see "100 mb/t or 5 mb/s" than just "5 mb/s" and have to rework that to "minecraft normal" which is per-tick.

I get that "ticks" and "mB" aren't intuitively comprehensible to outsiders at a glance, but anyone who has been using modded minecraft is familiar with them. Greg didn't fix any problems by switching things to Liters and Seconds, he simply shifted the problem elsewhere (now we fit 1000L of liquid into a bucket) and created more standards. Which is just about the most annoying thing engineers do.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That's part of the reason I included both per-tick and per-second calculations in the wiki, so that people didn't have to do the mathing themselves. I'd rather see "100 mb/t or 5 mb/s" than just "5 mb/s" and have to rework that to "minecraft normal" which is per-tick.
Particularly as it's clearly really easy to mess up based off the fact you just did it, smart thinking on having both it seems.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
...and created more standards. Which is just about the most annoying thing engineers do.

Yup.

standards.png

source.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm looking for a way to switch the power to my fusion reactor on and off. Unfortunately, neither battery buffers nor the reactors energy hatches react to machine controllers. Does anyone know of a solution? While I'm at it, does the fusion computer react to a machine controller? Can't test that yet since fusion fuel production isn't set up yet.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm looking for a way to switch the power to my fusion reactor on and off. Unfortunately, neither battery buffers nor the reactors energy hatches react to machine controllers. Does anyone know of a solution? While I'm at it, does the fusion computer react to a machine controller? Can't test that yet since fusion fuel production isn't set up yet.
Would it be sufficient to cut fuel to the reactor? (I have no idea)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

ojbyh.jpg

Seriously, I think there's a ridiculously high start-up cost that just gets eaten.

Reactions: Pyure

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to store plasma in tanks/drums?

I realize how silly that is in terms of realism, I'm just curious if its possible.
Yes plasma is just another liquid and you can store like water ^^ (at least in minecraft)

Does anyone have a good guide for setting up a Nuclear Reactor, specifically one that will use Thorium Cells?

I'm not sure if this is outdated or not but http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=90096

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seriously, I think there's a ridiculously high start-up cost that just gets eaten.
I want to implement an on/off switch...

(1) For the case that I want to change recipes.
(2) To prevent the reactor from starting up immediately after I have connected fuel pipes.

I guess I'll have to switch the fuel conduits on and off. At least I know that this works. BTW, once started up, the fusion reactor will fill power storage items with the power for a new startup within two minutes.

Reactions: MigukNamja