[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Thiria

Jul 29, 2019
Added a screenshot here: http://i.imgur.com/lT2PBro.png

When using my (normal) arcane worktable, the ME chest doesn't show up at all (as in the screenshot). If I use a normal crafting table, I can see the chest appearing in the output slot, but as soon as I grab it, it disappears and the mats returns to the table. I verified that the items are the same, their IDs are the same.

Thiria

Jul 29, 2019
My reply with the screenshot is waiting for approval, but I made a single player world and tried it there and it works. So it is something I fucked up with the server, I´ll figure it out, sorry for bothering everyone :S

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
So....I'm back from my first space tour to the moon. Observations:

(1) This mod has a nice mood. The oxygen system creates a convincing atmosphere of being in a hostile environment. However, if you die it's impossible to break your gravestone and recover your equipment before you die again. I had to cheat a pickaxe in to avoid an infinite dying sequence.
(2) Those alien villagers are silly.
(3) I have no idea how I can ever create a real moon base. The oxygen sealer requires the room I want to seal to be filled with leaves completely. The bubble distributor is more efficient, and that I find very odd. One would think that indoors locations are easier to supply.
(4) A video said I can use crops as an oxygen source that doesn't degenerate (not that I've seen leaves degenerate), so I brought some dirt, seeds and a hoe, but I can't till dirt.
(5) Moon dungeons are easy to find but annoying to fight through - without my primal staff I would've had serious problems, but as it was I could break the spawners from a distance where the mobs couldn't reach me, and then kill what remained.
(6) Fallen meteors are excessively rare. I spend two hours exploring and found exactly 7 - less than the number of dungeons. Fortunately I have Minechem installed, which means I can create meteoric iron dust from nickel and iron. I can only hope that Desh will be more common on Mars, else this will be a frustrating grind.

Edit:
I can craft an ME chest with no problems at all.

Reactions: Tsuko

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My reply with the screenshot is waiting for approval, but I made a single player world and tried it there and it works. So it is something I fucked up with the server, I´ll figure it out, sorry for bothering everyone :S
Not a bother. In the event that someone else reports something similar, it may be indicative of a trend. Thanks Thiria.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So....I'm back from my first space tour to the moon. Observations:

(1) This mod has a nice mood. The oxygen system creates a convincing atmosphere of being in a hostile environment. However, if you die it's impossible to break your gravestone and recover your equipment before you die again. I had to cheat a pickaxe in to avoid an infinite dying sequence.
(2) Those alien villagers are silly.
(3) I have no idea how I can ever create a real moon base. The oxygen sealer requires the room I want to seal to be filled with leaves completely. The bubble distributor is more efficient, and that I find very odd. One would think that indoors locations are easier to supply.
(4) A video said I can use crops as an oxygen source that doesn't degenerate (not that I've seen leaves degenerate), so I brought some dirt, seeds and a hoe, but I can't till dirt.
(5) Moon dungeons are easy to find but annoying to fight through - without my primal staff I would've had serious problems, but as it was I could break the spawners from a distance where the mobs couldn't reach me, and then kill what remained.
(6) Fallen meteors are excessively rare. I spend two hours exploring and found exactly 7 - less than the number of dungeons. Fortunately I have Minechem installed, which means I can create meteoric iron dust from nickel and iron. I can only hope that Desh will be more common on Mars, else this will be a frustrating grind.
I kinda agree with 1 and 6 based on past experience. But both would require hassling the GC devs, unless there are configs I don't know about.

Fallen Meteors are even worse to find when you're colorblind btw :\

I didn't find fighting the mobs to be any kind of issue, particularly compared to the Outer Lands ones.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Thiria

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running version v3.1.3 of infiTech2, and I seem unable to craft ME chests? NEI shows the mats as 4 stainless steel plates, 2 ME glass cable - fluix, 2 good electronic circuits and a silver chest, however this does not work. Is this the correct materials? Is it NEI that is wrong or did I fuck something up?

I figured it out.

The server side Applied Energistics config file, (AppliedEnergistics2.cfg) had been copy-pasted from an older version of the server and contained the line:

B:Inscriber=false

while the client side was B:Inscriber=true. This seems to revert the hardcore versions of the recipes to easymode. While NEI showed the hardcore version (stainless steel etc) I was able to craft an ME chest with the old recipe (iron ingots, glass etc). After changing to =true, both single and multiplayer now goes with the hardcore version correctly.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I totally agree with that bubble distributors shouldnt be so much easier than oxygen sealer.

Is there water nearby?

They fall down (spawn) when the chunks are loaded -> hard at the beginning but easy once you are longer on the moon and the chunks are loaded.
Desh is easier to find because its a ore that generates with the chunks.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
For maximum cheesy volumes of steam storage you want to look into bedrockium drums :) (Possibly beyond your tech, definitely a grind)
Any idea of the best way of making them following the transfer node's being removed? Transfer nodes were easily the best but they were removed for some reason that I'm pretty sure I never saw explained, pity as they were a good higher end option for item transport and cobble gen, their other features like picking up items, water gen, and autocrafting were nice as well. The cobble and water gens at least could be disabled separately so it wasn't an issue with those.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Any idea of the best way of making them following the transfer node's being removed? Transfer nodes were easily the best but they were removed for some reason that I'm pretty sure I never saw explained, pity as they were a good higher end option for item transport and cobble gen, their other features like picking up items, water gen, and autocrafting were nice as well. The cobble and water gens at least could be disabled separately so it wasn't an issue with those.
I don't do anything special; I just retain the cobble I arcane-bore out of the ground and then package it.

GT packagers do fine at this btw, although you may prefer to have a few of them.

I'm not ignoring your concerns on the transfer nodes; I forget why they were disabled too.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I don't do anything special; I just retain the cobble I arcane-bore out of the ground and then package it.

GT packagers do fine at this btw, although you may prefer to have a few of them.

I'm not ignoring your concerns on the transfer nodes; I forget why they were disabled too.
That could work I suppose, it's just even a single bedrockium drum is a tad under 175,000 cobble, also 6 blocks of diamonds. Assuming a constant ground level of height 64 and then removing a bit for veins, caves, and other rocks you could easily be looking at 14 or 15 chunks mined out to get enough. Considering the best case of solid stone from height 5 to height 60 is still about 12.5 chunks.

I hadn't intended to imply you were ignoring anything, I just thought I'd asked Jason back around when v3 first came out and can't remember getting a response.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I hadn't intended to imply you were ignoring anything, I just thought I'd asked Jason back around when v3 first came out and can't remember getting a response.
I dont remember my response, if there was any. When v3 came out the config for disabling features such as cobble/water gen was not present. It came in later update. But honestly I dont remember the real reason, because I am sure, there was more. Maybe because it was one block transfer for everything?

Anyway I will be re-adding them. Probably not in next update, but the one after that.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For maximum cheesy volumes of steam storage you want to look into bedrockium drums :) (Possibly beyond your tech, definitely a grind)
I'm finding GT quantum tanks are a good alternative. The quantum tank III - the biggest you can make without a fusion reactor - can store about as much as a bedrockium drum, and I find it easier to Replicate the 8 osmium ingots you need for one than to make the compressed cobblestone required for the drum. Not an LV technology though - you'll need titanium for the quantum tank II and tungstensteel for the quantum tank III

Reactions: Tsuko and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm finding GT quantum tanks are a good alternative. The quantum tank III - the biggest you can make without a fusion reactor - can store about as much as a bedrockium drum, and I find it easier to Replicate the 8 osmium ingots you need for one than to make the compressed cobblestone required for the drum. Not an LV technology though - you'll need titanium for the quantum tank II and tungstensteel for the quantum tank III
Yeah this works better for me. Good GT solution :)

I have several stacks of t-steel and titanium so far, but I haven't begun replicating osmium yet. I think I was waiting to try to compress some of my industry via processing arrays first (for whatever reason)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Yeah this works better for me. Good GT solution :)

I have several stacks of t-steel and titanium so far, but I haven't begun replicating osmium yet. I think I was waiting to try to compress some of my industry via processing arrays first (for whatever reason)
Compressing industry is something that appeals to me, but can you put different machines in the array? Like 4 macerators, 4 ore washing plants and 8 centrifuges? I don't think I'll ever need more than that - as opposed to EBFs, of which I could have four and still find processing very slow, particularly with tungstensteel, which for some strange reason, requires two passes through the EBF. All other alloys can be made from dusts, but not tungstensteel - you first have to make the tungsten ingots (and the steel, but that's fast) and then put them through the EBF again.

BTW, to my surprise I'm finding myself not too far away from being able to build a Mk I fusion reactor, so I guess I'd better start making some fusion fuel... and increase the numbers of matter fabricators since I won't ever be able to get the niobium for the superconducting wires from tantalite ore alone.

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Compressing industry is something that appeals to me, but can you put different machines in the array? Like 4 macerators, 4 ore washing plants and 8 centrifuges? I don't think I'll ever need more than that - as opposed to EBFs, of which I could have four and still find processing very slow, particularly with tungstensteel, which for some strange reason, requires two passes through the EBF. All other alloys can be made from dusts, but not tungstensteel - you first have to make the tungsten ingots (and the steel, but that's fast) and then put them through the EBF again.

BTW, to my surprise I'm finding myself not too far away from being able to build a Mk I fusion reactor, so I guess I'd better start making some fusion fuel... and increase the numbers of matter fabricators since I won't ever be able to get the niobium for the superconducting wires from tantalite ore alone.
One processing array can only replace one machine at a time. But you can let them share walls. That way, 8 for the cost of 5 in 5x5x5 are possible. And maybe there are ways to stack them even more.

Also, supercond. are not only made from niobium. There are 3 other basic wires for them.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
One processing array can only replace one machine at a time. But you can let them share walls. That way, 8 for the cost of 5 in 5x5x5 are possible. And maybe there are ways to stack them even more.
I don't think so. The array has a minimum of five functional blocks that can't be shared. A cube of 8 leaves 6 spaces for functional blocks each. It still saves a lot of materials though, particularly since it's tungsten, quite possibly the most time-consuming material to make that is required in significant amounts.

What I'd like to know: must the array's energy hatch match the voltage of the machines used in the array, or is it only important that enough power goes in? I'd rather not connect a 16amps cable if I can avoid it.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I've find myself preparing for the big build, taking it rather easy, building some sort of vishroom soup pool, decorating.
Crafting all the machines i haven't crafted yet, redone my infusion matrix, even dabbling into ULV for lossless red alloy cables, but my machines is 32V but i use it for simple tasks and i'm not entirely sure it is working correctly lol, i'm guessing it slows down to 1/4th of the regular 32V speed when using 8V cable? I think i was forced into using ULV transformer as well.

So now i'm using:
  • Basic fluid canner, to put acid in battery hulls
  • Battery buffer to supply these cheap 1-8V machines with easy power nearby.
  • ULV transformer to fix the voltage coming out of the buffer, 32V exterminates the red alloy cables, they just disappear if i try and connect, no explosion or fire or anything :(
  • Basic Canner to make foods and maybe some batteries and stuff later
  • Wiremill is also connected to this ULV line.

ULV because when loss is 50% of the cost, it just isn't worth it :p
    and batteries last longer with less waste.

I still need to build the packager and unpacker and some others i will probably not build because they are not for LV really, like the extruder and the like.
Also started using bibliocraft armor stands and sword pedestal, very nice, i kinda want to make several IC2 hazmat suits just to line them up against a multiblock machine or a wall, it will look awesome :) very industrial.

Oh and i finished aligning and stacking another layer on my golem farm, so more than twise the ingots now as i made it more likely for golems to spawn as well :) i'm getting better at moving villagers around, i get a lot of different stuff done, fully enchanted my armor set with protection IV as well but i still take lava/fire damage =_= boots are only leather protection and thats why i think :S I survive tho.

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
What I'd like to know: must the array's energy hatch match the voltage of the machines used in the array, or is it only important that enough power goes in? I'd rather not connect a 16amps cable if I can avoid it.
You can use any Tier of energy Hatch. For example a single LuV Hatch supplying 4 PAs. If you output Items, you can also share output busses.
Crafting all the machines i haven't crafted yet, redone my infusion matrix, even dabbling into ULV for lossless red alloy cables, but my machines is 32V but i use it for simple tasks and i'm not entirely sure it is working correctly lol, i'm guessing it slows down to 1/4th of the regular 32V speed when using 8V cable?
Most machines only can accept 2Amp, so 16EU/t should the recipe need more, the process will reset once the machine is out of energy. Is the machine only used rarely and with small amounts at once, a battery inside can help.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
You can use any Tier of energy Hatch. For example a single LuV Hatch supplying 4 PAs. If you output Items, you can also share output busses.
Most machines only can accept 2Amp, so 16EU/t should the recipe need more, the process will reset once the machine is out of energy. Is the machine only used rarely and with small amounts at once, a battery inside can help.
Yeah, it is not for heavy processing, i just want to find a use for the batteries, so in gregtech single use batteries is for these kind of things that don't need constant processing and reusable batteries is the standard to go to for general energy storage.

I was glad to see that it only cost a few volts to fill a battery worth of 12k volts, a ULV machine could do it, i was right in that it is very compact energy storage. The problem is automating it for heavy processing. Acid is not something that should be mass produced as it cannot be mass used anyways, it would be different if i could sell these batteries but i can't so other fuels such as "fuel" and methane can be used on a greater scale. It is kinda sad that acid is so easy to get but has limited uses, i just thought using sulfuric acid in my base would be cool and it looks awesome, fun fact: in reality sulfuric acid is only dark brown or orange because of added dyes to alert people that it is dangerous, it is actually a clear, colorless, odorless liquid

So what i take away from this is: only mass produce fuels that can be used directly in a generator to generate electricity. This fuel will surely be more dense than steam at least and more voltage per unit of time or volume (efficiency). I can have both steam and then something else on top when i want to generate more power later (i'm still going to do that huge steam factory).

This is fun :D i wonder if acid batteries can be used in electrical tools? Can electrical tools take less durability damage when used in crafting if they are electrical? Can i power some sort of jetpack or armors with these batteries? So in theory, the single use batteries should be best at these other tasks whilst the reuse batteries would be good for heavy processing.

It would be cool if i could convert sulfuric acid into some other fuel that generators can use as i don't think the raw fluid sulfuric acid can be used directly in a generator right?

In real life you can make a generator that uses Sulfuric acid (H2SO4). (Basically that is what batteries are right?, tiny generators with liquid or solid storage) There is no reason why i cannot have a bigger generator than small batteries, just up scale? does the voltage go higher if i increase the volume of the generator? doesn't it just process more liters quicker? i mean the pH value of the sulfuric acid doesn't change if you keep it in a bigger bottle. What matters is the concentration of it.
I'm not sure exactly how it works but there is a lot of different reactions and one produce HCl which is Hydrochloric Acid, it can create great pressures which can turn gas turbines... or something. Interesting stuff. So if there isn't: i want to somehow make sulfuric acid able to power some sort of generator, so it is both a storage medium and a power generator (besides small batteries, an enormous battery with a liquid pipe line could support constant power generation probably) or enabling the automation of battery recycling would be good :)

Did you know (from wiki): Gastric acid is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach. It is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) (around 0.5%, or 5000 ppm) as high as 0.1 M and is extremely important for the reaction.
It breaks down protein enzymes and this is what powers many animals so we are sentient hydrochloric acid power generators xD

By the way: Steam is a gas, not a liquid, i'm not sure how liquids travel in pipes unless they are pressurized, these "liquid" pipes must only work if they are gasses because gasses usually get pressurized by being in that state in the first place, so it makes sense to transport steam in liquid pipes, but i don't like it because a gas is gas and not a liquid. We need a pump station for liquid pipes and a compressor for gas pipes, we are using gas and liquids the same.
I'm not sure if gas and liquid pipes can be used interchangeably tho, this simplification is probably for the best, what bothers me i guess is that there is a steam turbine when there also is a gas turbine, what if it was just gas turbine? wouldn't steam work as a gas in a gas turbine for some reason? Steam isn't flammable, yet it isn't a liquid, i guess that might be the reason for this specific generator, makes sense actually :D

I just noticed that gas generators mention the gasses need to be flammable to work in it, so steam wouldn't work there.
Isn't combustion engine another name for gas turbine? this could be used to separate the gases into two types: flammable and nonflammable.

From wiki: A gas turbine, also called a combustion turbine, is a type of internal combustion engine. It has an upstream rotating compressor coupled to a downstream turbine, and a combustion chamber in between.

All flammable gases are called fuel gases and a gas is just when matter takes the shape of the container, even in the face of gravity... so you could say that gravity defying liquids are gases. Steam is a gravity defying liquid, hence gas.

There are other ways of generating electricity and one is electrochemical reaction.
That is what electrolysis and batteries are.

There is chemical reactors but not electrochemical reactors for some reason :(
Its sad that the battery buffer prevents itself from becoming a electrochemical reactor by disabling automation in case of sulfuric acid and mercury batteries.

What if you just went by the small batteries and added a whole block a reactor instead?
Pipe it the fuel and it does the reaction that produces electricity via an electrochemical reaction. It would be even cooler if you could build a multi-block "pool" of sorts that have these different liquids react with each others (like a battery but much bigger scale)
Alternatively you could make an electrolysis generator (hydrogen is a prime example).

Sry a bit much rant, i just find this stuff fascinating.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Bla bla bla... Modpack Updated to v3.1.4
Forge updated: 10.13.4.1490
Mod Updates:
- CoFHCore -> 3.0.3B4-302
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.3-647
- OpenComputers -> 1.5.14.30
- OpenModsLib -> 0.7.3-376
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.9.3-90
- Waila Plugins -> 0.1.0-16
- BuildCraft -> 7.0.16
- BuildcraftCompat -> 7.0.9
- FOrestry -> 3.6.3.20
- Gendustry -> 1.6.0.108
- GregTech -> 5.08.24
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.748
- MalisisCore -> 0.12.5
- MalisisDoors -> 1.9.3
- NEIAddons -> 1.12.11.36

New Mods:
- EnderCore
- Thaumcraft NEI Plugin

Removed Mods:
- ttCore (replaced by EnderCore)
- Java7Checker (redundant)

Changes:
- Fixed incorrectly placed explosion sounds
- Fixed Chemical Reactor Certus Quartz crafting (it now requires water, instead of outputting it)
- Added bunch more Glasses as Sealeable blocks to Oxygen Sealer
- Vanishing frames no longer become unstable
- Moved oxygen indicator default position to bottom right
- Raised number of total JABBA barrel upgrades/tiers to 11
- Changed recipes for Structural upgrades
- Added alternative recipe for x9 Storage Upgrade
- Fixed trading post crafting with Thaumcraft tree planks
- Hardcoded Magical Wood recipe. Now accepts only Crafted Enchanted Books (minecraft:enchanted_book)
- Rehauled Stargate energy costs
- Removed AE2 seed recipes from Assembler and moved them into Chemical Reactor
- To be able to use "used" Forestry Backpacks in crafting of 45 slot versions, you need to put them first into crafting table to reset them. They will loose all stored data (content)!
- Redesigned Chunkloader fuel usages (both RC and Immibis)
- Disabled CFM welcome message
- Moved gravisuite to bottom left under chat
- EnderQuarry speed upgrades craftable
- Added Pump upgrade to QED crafting
- FMP support in BC Builder
- Fixed lag with Construction Markers
- Fixed few Thaumcraft compatibility researches
- Added AE2 pure quartz compressing recipes
- Fixed triggering chunk update when item is collected via Vacuum Hoppers (slight TPS improvement)
- Bows with Infinity enchant no longer needs an arrow present.
- Dimensional anchor is now crafted with Pulsating Crystal, instead of Ender Pearl.

Removed blocks/items in update v3.1.3 -> v3.1.4
- PneumaticCraft:universalActuator

Information about chunkloading:
RC Anchors are powered by Ender Pearls only and will last for 4 hrs in 3x3 area.
Dimensional Anchors are powered by following items and will last for corresponding time in 3x3 area:
Magma Cream=15m
Nether Star=12h
Charcoal=2m
Vibrating Crystal=4h
Coal=10m
Coal Coke=20m
Peat=12m 30s
Bituminous Peat=26m 15s
Alumentum=40m
Lithium dust=37m 30s
Sodium Dust=25m
Living Matter=8h