[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I need a solution for leveling a continent to y:63. Any suggestions? Three inventories of stone shovels isn't having the effect I desire. :p

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I took a break from minecraft for couple months and found out that there were some major changes to this pack. I started new world 3 days ago and I've just entered LV era. I skipped bronze blast furnace and I'm getting all my steel from TC alchemy (chiseled stone bricks for ordo + iron nugget). I'm doing OK atm, but there are some things that bother me.

1. What are the current auto-mining options since BC quarry isn't craftable anymore ? IC2 and thaumcraft ? Can ender quarry be crafted somehow ?
2. WAILA doesn't seem to show how much fluid is stored my in my RC tanks. It's 0/2000000mb and 0/576000mb at both of my creosote and steam tanks. Is it a bug or do I have to change some settings ?
3. It might sound dumb, but... what do you guys do with experience ? There aren't as many options to use it as in the other packs- no MFR spawners, GT tools can't be enchanted, other tools and armors have lower durability etc. I'm storing all my experience in the tank for the time being, but I wonder what will be good use for it in the future.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I took a break from minecraft for couple months and found out that there were some major changes to this pack. I started new world 3 days ago and I've just entered LV era. I skipped bronze blast furnace and I'm getting all my steel from TC alchemy (chiseled stone bricks for ordo + iron nugget). I'm doing OK atm, but there are some things that bother me.

1. What are the current auto-mining options since BC quarry isn't craftable anymore ? IC2 and thaumcraft ? Can ender quarry be crafted somehow ?
2. WAILA doesn't seem to show how much fluid is stored my in my RC tanks. It's 0/2000000mb and 0/576000mb at both of my creosote and steam tanks. Is it a bug or do I have to change some settings ?
3. It might sound dumb, but... what do you guys do with experience ? There aren't as many options to use it as in the other packs- no MFR spawners, GT tools can't be enchanted, other tools and armors have lower durability etc. I'm storing all my experience in the tank for the time being, but I wonder what will be good use for it in the future.

I'm not particularly familiar with the inner workings of the pack, but I will try to answer some of your questions.

1. The ender quarry is still cradtable as far as I'm aware, the railcraft tunnel bore, and the arcane drill. There are probably more that I'm not familiar with.

2. Probably a bug

3. Enchant dark armor?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

1. Swarm of PC Drones is fun. Ditto BC robots I imagine.

2. Known bug.

3. XP-usage is a problem in every pack ever. I'm finding TC Focus enchantments eat a ton of xp, so I now hoard xp in vial/liquid form via soul stone dripping thingy.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
3. XP-usage is a problem in every pack ever. I'm finding TC Focus enchantments eat a ton of xp, so I now hoard xp in vial/liquid form via soul stone dripping thingy.
Could you explain that? I'm still unable to collect significant amounts of XP, and I'm trying to avoid having to build a mobtrap w/ xp collection by vacuum hopper.

Also, is there a way in this pack to get enchantments off items and put them on books? Or convert them into xp? I have a ton of enchanted items in my peaceful tables....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Could you explain that? I'm still unable to collect significant amounts of XP, and I'm trying to avoid having to build a mobtrap w/ xp collection by vacuum hopper.
Your plan that you're avoiding is, sadly, the best one.

All I'm doing is using automagy toys (top-left of tab) to store XP. I forget what they're called and its the worst-documented mod ever, so I won't be able to expand on this for like 7 hours.

Edit:
@Ieldra, see http://i.imgur.com/MCVYvwG.png

Its from http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...addon-automagy-automation-and-logistics-v0-26

And it's pretty similar to my own setup. That glowing jar ("enchanter's concentrate") being dripped into can hold an awful lot of xp. I have a single bottle in my base atm, its probably around 20% full and has 45-50 levels of XP in it (you can see the amount in WAILA). Also according the thauminomicon, if you throw a bottle o enchantment onto one of those stones, you get a slightly higher rate of return than if you just toss it onto normal ground.​

The only Peaceful way I know to "create" xp is to toss various items plus stardust into a HEE "experience table". Its not a great return.

Also, is there a way in this pack to get enchantments off items and put them on books? Or convert them into xp? I have a ton of enchanted items in my peaceful tables....
There's definitely ways to create enchanted books, but I think they consume xp to do it :\ Can't help you here.

Last edited:

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. I haven't really fiddled with PC yet. I'll have to adapt and try new mods, I guess.

I'm not particularly familiar with the inner workings of the pack, but I will try to answer some of your questions.

1. The ender quarry is still cradtable as far as I'm aware, the railcraft tunnel bore, and the arcane drill. There are probably more that I'm not familiar with.

According to NEI ender quarry recipe requires BC quarry, but it is no longer craftable. I was hoping that BC quarry is part of dungeon chest loot now, or something like that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks guys. I haven't really fiddled with PC yet. I'll have to adapt and try new mods, I guess.

According to NEI ender quarry recipe requires BC quarry and it's no longer craftable. I was hoping that BC quarry is part of dungeon chest loot now, or something like that.
Don't think so.
You can also make an IC2 Advanced Miner, which is fairly similar to a BC quarry. It has white/blacklisting capabilities as well fwiw.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

According to NEI ender quarry recipe requires BC quarry, but it is no longer craftable. I was hoping that BC quarry is part of dungeon chest loot now, or something like that.
The BC quarry into Ender Quarry is only convenient exchange for those who already crafted their BC Quarries, before they got disabled. Regular recipe for EnderQuarry in QED should still work.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question. Is there a way to filter the BC Filler to remove just one type of block? I just want to remove dirt.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping I could preserve the ores that the filler encounters so my thought was to just remove dirt and maybe smooth stone. Might just need to bite the bullet and quarry.. but man. That's gonna take forever.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The TC aluminum recipe is hidden research iirc, you have to get evrything required and then combine knowledge fragments for it.
Has anybody ever successfully unlocked aluminium transmutation? As far as I can tell its not even a thing.

Edit: according to http://imgur.com/a/TKAFY its actually a thing, wow. Except nobody in the history of ever has managed to unlock it :p

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing some efficiency calculations and i'm just wondering if you guys do efficiency calculations and if you count in the inefficiency from power generation into the calculation? (i.e: basic steam turbine 66% efficiency)
I find this number arbitrary, if steam is made 1000 times easier to get what does matter if it is only 66% efficient?
If they were all as easy or hard to get it would make sense, you could use this number to determine what source of power is the best.. But charcoal and steam is just so much easier to generate i think, sure i could get MORE voltage per unit of say... diesel or nuclear but i think those are harder to find and you get less amount of them.

So the basic gas turbine and the basic diesel generator are both much more efficient than basic steam turbine but what does that mean when your source of diesel runs out? or the gas? they are probably renewable (both?) but even so, that doesn't mean they are simply better as the efficiency number seems to suggest.

I guess it comes down to common knowledge that 2 steam is 1 volt and in this pack this generator is 66% efficient in generating volts from steam, then it makes sense, in a meta-gaming kind of way. It probably makes the most sense if i compare two of the similar power source.. so a basic to an advanced steam turbine, then you can tell factually which is better, like how it is supposed to work :D

In my case the difference is between 47% and 63% efficient which matches the inefficiency from the basic steam turbine. It could get higher if i use the coal byproduct but i see i can make diamonds with it so i'm not sure it is worth it seeing as charcoal is pretty much free and efficiency doesn't matter really, why am i doing this again? xD

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody ever successfully unlocked aluminium transmutation? As far as I can tell its not even a thing.

Edit: according to http://imgur.com/a/TKAFY its actually a thing, wow. Except nobody in the history of ever has managed to unlock it :p
Not that I know of, as you pointed out it is definitely real. You can also see it in InfiTech if you cheat yourself all the research. The easiest solution as far as I can see would either be convincing @Blood Asp to unhide it so it can be researched normally, manually bashing Thaumcraft so it is visible with minetweaker, or doing something more odd like 4 aluminium + a knowledge fragment to craft the advanced transmutation research note, that's probably not good, not compared to the first two anyway.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not that I know of, as you pointed out it is definitely real. You can also see it in InfiTech if you cheat yourself all the research. The easiest solution as far as I can see would either be convincing @Blood Asp to unhide it so it can be researched normally, manually bashing Thaumcraft so it is visible with minetweaker, or doing something more odd like 4 aluminium + a knowledge fragment to craft the advanced transmutation research note, that's probably not good, not compared to the first two anyway.
Just kills me that there's this thing out there that's theoretically possible but nobody's unlocked it. Good ideas though.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Just kills me that there's this thing out there that's theoretically possible but nobody's unlocked it. Good ideas though.
Well I'd test it except it's actually really slow to test, the most correct way to see if it's working would be to get every research except those two and then craft 9 knowledge fragments together for a note. The tricky part being you need every other research, that's a lot of time entering commands to give yourself all the researches, even if you remove all the addons to speed things up it's still likely to be painfully slow.

Of course the research just gives an alternative method of getting aluminium, you need at least one nugget first though and I've never found any as loot at least so that means you'd need the MV EBF before you could do it in the first place. Then you've got to provide the aspects it wants which is fairly easy, although it does want 3 aspects + metallum, ignis and ordo are fairly easy but the volatus is trickier, there isn't that many ways to get that and most of them are going to be annoying to automate, the best way would almost definitely be a cursed spirit blade in a killer joe with a way of spawning bats, chickens, or ghasts, ghasts would produce the most at 16 volatus a kill which would give you some pretty good speeds even with a tablet of necromancy.

Of course you may not need to automate it for long, each ghast kill is 3.5 ingots worth of volatus after all so even just tablet + killer joe for an hour would give you a few stacks of aluminium.