[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
They both work fine for me in a test world, I'm not sure it's actually possible to disable just part of the world upgrade anyway. Disabling it seems kinda pointless though, the only mass use for cobble is bedrockium and singularities and neither of those are particularly good given their huge costs.
Ironically I thought bedrockium was the primary reason for 1 getting disabled. But honestly if it works for you and you're on the latest version, then I'm probably talking out of inappropriate anatomy anyway. My memory does that sometimes.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ironically I thought bedrockium was the primary reason for 1 getting disabled. But honestly if it works for you and you're on the latest version, then I'm probably talking out of inappropriate anatomy anyway. My memory does that sometimes.
What alternatives are there for generating cobblestone anyway? Because the only real use for bedrockium is the watering cans that permanently decrease max health by 10% to craft and bedrockium drums which are basically useless in the first place and even more so with extra cells letting you store fluids with AE.

The water generation is definitely useful though, admittedly with my discovery of the thirsty tank a lot less so but it's still the best way of fueling a big reactor without a loop setup. It's available with just a macerator, LV chemical reactor, and MV EBF if my quick check is right so it's not too hard to get, just need a QED.

Actually is fueling non BR turbines with a BR reactor more steam efficient? How much do other turbines generate per steam?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
You can generate cobblestone the GT way with a Rock Crusher, but this requires EUs. This is how I'm creating tripple and quadruple compressed cobblestone for bedrockium barrels, which are useful to me due to their portability. I'd rather setup up an oil pump and barrel once rather than go back and forth with dozens of barrels, as an example. Plus if i decide to power something remote I can bring a diesel turbine and a bedrockium barrel of fuel and I can make quite a few EUs onsite. AE2 can't really help me with that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What alternatives are there for generating cobblestone anyway? Because the only real use for bedrockium is the watering cans that permanently decrease max health by 10% to craft and bedrockium drums which are basically useless in the first place and even more so with extra cells letting you store fluids with AE.

The water generation is definitely useful though, admittedly with my discovery of the thirsty tank a lot less so but it's still the best way of fueling a big reactor without a loop setup. It's available with just a macerator, LV chemical reactor, and MV EBF if my quick check is right so it's not too hard to get, just need a QED.

Actually is fueling non BR turbines with a BR reactor more steam efficient? How much do other turbines generate per steam?
Not sure about "other" turbines, but iirc the RC turbine generates 200 eu / 320 mb or 0.63 eu/steam.

A rather expensive ludicrite BR turbine can output around 17k RF/T for around 2000mb/t. The best ratio you can get RF=>EU is 4:1, but these days its probably fairer to say 5:1, for 3400eu/2000steam or 1.7 eu/steam.

The other issue with trying to use an RC turbine is trying to keep it watered. I believe a fix is in the works, but as it stands the water/steam ratio is different in BR than in RC/GT, with the result that its really damn hard to keep the BR reactor sufficiently watered without a closed BR/BR cycle. (dozens of reservoirs won't cut it)

Edit:
I just took a look at the GT Steam Turbines, they output 1 eu / 2 steam * (efficiency), where efficiency is (.66, .50, .40) depending on Basic, Advanced or Turbo respectively. Which means as usual the GT variant is disastrously inefficient (although in this case extremely space-efficient if you care about such a thing)

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The GT Steam Turbines are also 0 maintenance, which as you progress won't matter as much, but I still cringe a bit every time I see it's time to replace the rotor on my RC turbine. Although I suppose in the long run it's probably time to make a few more RC turbines to feed my high voltage stuff so I have robust power sources from multiple angles. JABBA barrel plum full of steel ingots, it was nice knowing you.

I started making biofuel. That was time poorly spent. I'm going to make a few centrifuges instead I think and see what methane looks like. Apples are in no short supply in my base.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
I started making biofuel. That was time poorly spent. I'm going to make a few centrifuges instead I think and see what methane looks like. Apples are in no short supply in my base.

You need tons of apples.. I have used every single apple from my tree farm, than runs for quite a few months. My RC tank is half-full with methane, I still haven't used it. For me, this was just a better way to "store" apples, as it's a bigger buffer than a full JABBA barrel. I have vanilla trees, though, you probably have to breed some trees if you want to make this actually useful.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
thx for the transfernote explanation! more then I hoped for :) I still got more stupid noob questions sorry, but just getting further into the pack and there are a lot of thing not being like in other packs(obvious ;) ) so I just ask them here

I just got happy with my first foki of TC4 but if I hit "F" the new interface does not show up. What am I doing wrong? Can´t find it etehr in the hotkey menu :(

vorpalchicken

Jul 29, 2019
Heya guys, you guessed it, MORE questions!

First off I'm using Ender IO Item Conduits atm, if there's anything better ingame please let me know. Now to my issue.

I've set myself an ore processing plant up, the setup is currently..

Macerator --> Ore Washer --> Macerator --> Centrifuge --> Furnace

The problem I am having is using the Ender IO pipes and advanced filters, I'm trying to add in an Electrolyzer into the cycle for when I have dusts that can't be smelted, but can be electrolyzed, when I add it in, I send an ender conduit to it to insert/extract the filter I add (for example) a single Galena Dust on the white list, set ore dic to disabled, set it to ignore meta data, and enable Match NBT data.

So far so good, the galena dust goes from the chest thats in the system and goes into the Electrolyzer, BUT so do any tiny piles as well, and I can't seem to be able to stop them, has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe add another chest in the chain prior to the electrolyzer that has a separate eIO conduit extracting on a different color channel to a bank of either JABBA barrels that store tiny/small dusts,, or what I did which is create about 80 auto crafting tables and set them up so they combine all the tiny dusts you use into full size dusts. This way any tiny/small dusts would pull out of your production chain prior to electrolyzer.

There's probably a more elegant solution, but it's what I did.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Heya guys, you guessed it, MORE questions!

First off I'm using Ender IO Item Conduits atm, if there's anything better ingame please let me know. Now to my issue.

I've set myself an ore processing plant up, the setup is currently..

Macerator --> Ore Washer --> Macerator --> Centrifuge --> Furnace

The problem I am having is using the Ender IO pipes and advanced filters, I'm trying to add in an Electrolyzer into the cycle for when I have dusts that can't be smelted, but can be electrolyzed, when I add it in, I send an ender conduit to it to insert/extract the filter I add (for example) a single Galena Dust on the white list, set ore dic to disabled, set it to ignore meta data, and enable Match NBT data.

So far so good, the galena dust goes from the chest thats in the system and goes into the Electrolyzer, BUT so do any tiny piles as well, and I can't seem to be able to stop them, has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do?
I used refined relocation sorting chests so that everything went into the "best" chest. Tiny dusts went into the chest whitelisted for tiny dusts. I could then pull them out and plonk them into a packager.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone here has tested optifine with this pack? or anyother option to increase the fps?
I cant play it fluid on 50-60 fps

My spec are:
ADM FX 6100 3.3 GHz
GTX 550ti
8GB RAM

I have 5GB RAM allocate for minecraft and the minecraft used memory usually is between 25-45% max 70%
In low graphics and 8 chunks distance

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone here has tested optifine with this pack? or anyother option to increase the fps?
I cant play it fluid on 50-60 fps

My spec are:
ADM FX 6100 3.3 GHz
GTX 550ti
8GB RAM

I have 5GB RAM allocate for minecraft and the used memory usually is between 25-45% max 70%
In low graphics and 8 chunks distance

I've wasted weeks of my life optimizing minecraft.

My specs:

I7 4790
EVGA 670gtx 4gb SLI
16GB RAM
Triple monitor @ 6060x1200 resolution (bezel corrected)

Don't allocate 5gb to minecraft. I've had better luck with 2.5. Server (provided you are running JDK) might take 4.

Pushing minecraft to the max. Almost time to upgrade again though.

I use Optifine OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_B4. Optifine DOES make a difference. also SETTINGS in optifine make a huge difference. (FYI you can fix flickering textures by turning fast render off). I keep my chunks set at 22 view distance.
I'd try your settings yourself, as it's very much a per-instance endeavor. What works for you may not work for me, and vice versa.
Get rid of dynamic lighting. I solved about 90% of my openGL crashes by getting rid of it.

Make sure you have only one version of java installed, and make sure it's 64bit. Uninstall any other versions. I used to have java 7 (JDK_7_65) but I've gained a significant increase in fps by moving to the latest Java 8 (esp. during galacticraft launches). YMMV

I use geforce 340.52 drivers. These seem to play happiest with forge (it's a pain though because the drivers are old as dirt, then again so is minecraft 1.7.1). I haven't had a driver-related crash in months of HEAVY playing (I've over 1500 hours into this pack)

I get about 120 FPS at 6060x1200 in an amplified-like setting (mini jungle mountains for instance is the worst).

I get about 40 fps in my base, otherwise known as lag-central station. Less if I'm ore-processing 2 quarries at once. I've noticed less lag with my new AE powered setup, but still, it's annoying at times. I've noticed keeping JABBA barrels out of ender IO networks and using chests to buffer inventories helps greatly with lag. The real soul-crushing moments of lag are GT machines that cycle quickly, such as forge hammers, or back before the reactor when my turbo steam generator ran out of steam (2fps lol. damn that EBF).
again it's all client side. /tps on server usually is about 19-22.
Heart of Lag Central Station.jpg
Lag Central Station.jpg
Out and about..jpg

I still play on the 2.0.8 version of the pack, though I've added a few mods and did my own forge updating. I don't generally stop playing the same world once I've decided on a modpack, and keep with it until the next major release (1.4.7, to 1.5, to 1.6, to 1.7, ect.) so sadly because Greg abandoned GT5 and apparently intends to "break worlds" with GT6 I won't be following.

Sorry for 10,000 edits I can't freaking format the post correctly.

Last edited:

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... One little suggestion. You know how the GT dusts were fixed in Minechem using a script? Some GT ingots that are unobtainable/useless don't have a Minechem recipe as well. For example, most of the metals after element 30. Even some ingots before 30, like scandium, vanadium and manganese. Some important ones after 30 include neodymium, antimony, molybdenum, palladium, cadmium, tantalum and thorium.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... One little suggestion. You know how the GT dusts were fixed in Minechem using a script? Some GT ingots that are unobtainable/useless don't have a Minechem recipe as well. For example, most of the metals after element 30. Even some ingots before 30, like scandium, vanadium and manganese. Some important ones after 30 include neodymium, antimony, molybdenum, palladium, cadmium, tantalum and thorium.
That's pretty easy to resolve and deal, at least for decomp as ingot/gem/plate/whatever synth was supposed to be disabled I believe. Anyway I'll just quickly whip them up en-mass once the dusts are actually done, currently there is still a couple of things that weren't dealt with such as lapis and amber if memory serves. That and making sure nothing is broken currently.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Whitelist application for the public server was the hardest thing I've done this month..
I hope they accept it D: I just bought a MC account to play on the server
Maybe I should have write that on the application.. Im gonna die slowy while waiting T-T

BTW, how did I launch the last version on FTB? There is only the version 1.7 (v1.2.1)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any sort of item or block that will pick up the tiny little vis that drop when a mob is killed (other than a wand :p)? Just noticed that diamond spikes cause mobs to still drop the micro-vis or whatever it's called, and my latest zombie pigman farm is killing about 5 pigmen per second so there's a lot of vis there going to waste if I don't collect it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any sort of item or block that will pick up the tiny little vis that drop when a mob is killed (other than a wand :p)? Just noticed that diamond spikes cause mobs to still drop the micro-vis or whatever it's called, and my latest zombie pigman farm is killing about 5 pigmen per second so there's a lot of vis there going to waste if I don't collect it.
Not that I know of, I'm pretty sure the only way is by standing there with wands in your hotbar.

On a different note is there a pre MineChem option that can act as a resource sink for several thousand netherwart and candleberries? I've acquired quite a few more then expected from my farm and have no idea what to do with them.