[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Man I'm so glad I'm done with steam. That aside, has anyone ever found Naquadah? I've been all over the end, the moon, Mars, and currently funneling enough tier 3 heavy-duty plates though my ME processing to make a tier 3 rocket for asteroids. Just wondering if my investment was worth it... that tier 3 rocket feels 3x as expensive as my whole big reactor.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Man I'm so glad I'm done with steam. That aside, has anyone ever found Naquadah? I've been all over the end, the moon, Mars, and currently funneling enough tier 3 heavy-duty plates though my ME processing to make a tier 3 rocket for asteroids. Just wondering if my investment was worth it... that tier 3 rocket feels 3x as expensive as my whole big reactor.

I've heard rumors of a whisper of perhaps someone possibly finding some in the End...maybe.

Last world, I used bees, but will try asteroids this time around.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019

There are several mentions of people finding it, in the End, in this thread, including me. It may take thousand of blocks to explore. Be careful that the Enriched ore is radioactive.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please add Project Zulu mutton to the mutton/meat oredict entries? Otherwise it's incompatible with harvestcraft which is fairly annoying.

I made an interesting discovery today though, something I hadn't thought of before and could probably be useful to anyone without an ME system yet. The filing cabinet from XU is absolutely amazing for GregTech, because Greg puts basically everything onto only a few item ids you can store basically everything from the mod within a couple of normal filing cabinets. For example dusts, gems, ingots, plates, rods, lenses, rounds, bolts, screws, rings, foils, molds, cells, credits, arrows, spray cans, batteries, covers, and random parts like motors, circuits, and circuit boards seem to share the same id and thus should be able to go in the same filing cabinet. I've only been using it for my ore finds as while it won't hold ores all crushed ore or impure dust or whatever works totally fine.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
It's not really worth thinking about the pipe "sloshing" unless you are providing significantly less steam than required by your machines and can never fill your pipes. Sloshing only occurs when they are filling up or emptying, if you are creating and moving excess steam the pipes essentially always stay full and there are no issues moving steam where you want it on demand. Using the largest pipes possible means you have a larger buffer/tank in your network and can equalize them faster when something is drawing very heavily on it, it might take a little longer to initially fill up and stabilize (stop sloshing), but that's not actually a real issue on it's own. It's like using a chain of openblocks tanks as a pipe system, it doesn't work very well if you don't have a lot of fluid in there because the liquid spreads out and sloshes around, but if you are providing a steady amount of liquid equal to or greater than the amount being used, all the tanks stay full and you get fluid everywhere on the chain that needs it. The pipe valves aren't required at all unless you are trying to do something with like subnetworks of pipes and need directional flow control, or have a very long stretch of pipe to move smaller amounts of fluid from one location or another, they are not for stopping sloshing on a normal pipe -> machine network because it shouldn't be occuring.

This actually not at all unique to gregtech, Mekanism and Buildcraft liquid pipes and the first two stages of EnderIO Fluid Conduits also have volumes and some amount of sloshing or gravity effect on them. It's not something most people think about or notice because it's not really an issue in most cases.

The "glow sensors" you are asking about are just normal lights from project red/bluepower placed on a liquid detector cover which is a gregtech cover that emits a redstone signal when fluid is inside.

Thanks, now I understand how it works, so I have to produce enough steam/sec as my max steam usage/sec
thats very inefficent cause Im on steel age and sometimes I need a lot of energy and after it I wont use them again in a good time..
Anyway, charcoal is very cheap

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, now I understand how it works, so I have to produce enough steam/sec as my max steam usage/sec
thats very inefficent cause Im on steel age and sometimes I need a lot of energy and after it I wont use them again in a good time..
Anyway, charcoal is very cheap

Build yourself a 9x9x8 RC Steel tank. Holds >20,000 buckets of steam. Depending upon how you're making steam, you can setup BC Gates to turn your steam producers on or off as needed.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Naq is quite rare. Even more rare if your world has been generated before it was enabled. You could just delete the whole End dimension folder in your save to have it regenerate to see if you will have better luck :)

Can you please add Project Zulu mutton to the mutton/meat oredict entries? Otherwise it's incompatible with harvestcraft which is fairly annoying.

Mutton from PZ should be disabled. Or is it the other way around? I remember disabling one of the muttons, because it was wierd to have 2 muttons to drop from sheep. I will take a look onto it.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019

I found some in the End. It took a LOT of looking.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
I think there might be a problem with the Industrial Diamond recipe

I mean, you can craft it with 8 coal compressed ball and 1 obsidian/iron block or... Bricks¿? Yeah, Bricks..
Why would someone choose craft them with Iron blocks or obsidian if u can use bricks..
This has no sense, but I dont know if I should report it

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I think there might be a problem with the Industrial Diamond recipe

I mean, you can craft it with 8 coal compressed ball and 1 obsidian/iron block or... Bricks¿? Yeah, Bricks..
Why would someone choose craft them with Iron blocks or obsidian if u can use bricks..
This has no sense, but I dont know if I should report it

Its always been like that since, what ... last few months of 1.4.7?

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Naq is quite rare. Even more rare if your world has been generated before it was enabled. You could just delete the whole End dimension folder in your save to have it regenerate to see if you will have better luck :)

I wasn't aware that Naquadah was disabled. I'm playing in 2.0.8... I see
naquadah {
B:Asteroid_true=true
I:Density_5=5
B:EndAsteroid_true=true
B:Mars_true=true
I:MaxHeight_60=60
I:MinHeight_10=10
B:Moon_false=false
B:Nether_false=false
I:OrePrimaryLayer_324=324
I:OreSecondaryLayer_324=324
I:OreSporadiclyInbetween_324=324
I:OreSporaticlyAround_326=326
B:Overworld_false=false
I:RandomWeight_10=10
I:Size_32=32
B:TheEnd_true=true

In my WorldGeneration.cfg file. I'm assuming it's... somewhere. If it's harder to find than tin, I might just give up on it lol.

Asteroid dimension is freaking awesome with an advanced drill on 3x3 holes. I'm swimming in basic ores now, though the gregtech asteroids leave something to be desired. I'm in the process of trying to find asteroids that generate low enough to get some of the ores I want.

Edit: Gregtech asteroids in the asteroid dimension don't follow y-height conventions. I found a diamond asteroid at y-90. I'll just keep flying around. Spent days getting the stuff together for this tier 3 rocket lol, gonna put it to good use. Either need to build that stargate or loot a cargo rocket schematic now to get all the loot back to my base.

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I've a question about the EBF. If I supply it with higher tiers of power will it go faster? just asking because I'm leaving it to smelt about 100 tungstensteel overnight.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've a question about the EBF. If I supply it with higher tiers of power will it go faster? just asking because I'm leaving it to smelt about 100 tungstensteel overnight.
Higher tiers, yes. I don't think it slopes gradually, but at each tier the speed doubles.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I feel pretty dumb and I'd just like to share so someone else doesn't make the same dumb thing. I was upset that rocky bees weren't in the modpack. I finally looked at bees in NEI and realized that clay bees are what I want. I've been struggling with bees for weeks. Damnit.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok, so I feel pretty dumb and I'd just like to share so someone else doesn't make the same dumb thing. I was upset that rocky bees weren't in the modpack. I finally looked at bees in NEI and realized that clay bees are what I want. I've been struggling with bees for weeks. Damnit.
You arent the first on that one.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019

What? I have rocky bees.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
GT has been really unpopular within FTB modpacks these days, because of how close the FTB team is to the TiC team, but I just wanted to inform you, this pack is the biggest GT 3rd party pack, and the second biggest 1.7.10 GT pack in FTB. The first one, not that there's any other to compete with, is Resurrection.

Speaking of which, are any of you guys aware about the 3 new FTB packs coming soon?
Trident, Departed, and Relentless are now in official production.
On the other hand, Jadedcat left FTB and Gideonseymour, creator of Running Red, joined the modpack development team.