[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hi to all!
I've lots of experience in modded MC, but totally new to gregtech. So I came here for asking some help, since I'm still stuck in the first chapter of the questline. Forgive me, probably I'm going to ask some well-kown facts.

First, and most important: how does the crop mutation occur? Reading the questbook, it seem quite similar to magical crops as seen in Regrowth. I'm I wrong? The book states that mutations are rare and slow... they are! I've got no mutatinos in 60MC days... may be I'm missing something.

Second with the exception of the 2 quest regarding crops, I've done the other quest up to the one that requires a macerator. That needs diamonds. I've dug A LOT but found only 3 small diamond ores. That gave me:
1) 1 diamond dust
2) 1 diamond
3) using now FortuneIII i got a flawed diamond (fortune, yeah!)

But digging for diamonds (i looked in 20-5 range), I found blue dust (looks like redstone dust but blue) and small sulfur as well of a couple of yellorite-iron-malachite veins. Now, I've seen comments that states that sulfur occur only in nether... can I assume that my ore gen is behaving in some strange ways?
Could it be that the sulfur I found should have been diamonds? I ask because the amount of sulfur ore I found is comparable with vanilla diamonds, 20x the amount of diamonds i found.

Also I did not find ANY tin veins. very few (3-4 small ores) compared 7-8 stacks of yellorite

finally, any one can point me someone streaming on the latest version? bc every video i came across starts with making a coke oven.... clearly it is not the same game I'm playing (it requires lots of infrastructures)
thanks in advance
*smiles* Think of it this way, if you don't know and it's "common knowledge" you have access to a lot of teachers, maybe even one or two good ones ;)
the macerator quest is easiest done by grinding coaldust(with a handtool, 2 flint and 5 cooked cobble gets you 16 dust) and using a compressor to make an industrial diamond since GT diamond veins are tier 3... though it isn't impossible to complete it other ways if you want to...
"Small ores" generate in the overworld, the reference of sulfur in the nether is to larger veins of solid sulfur ore... meaning ~100blocks or more. Your generation works fine as far as I can tell...
Gregtech ore generation is much different than vanilla ore generation, instead of small clumps of maybe 6 ores you get larger veins, but with larger "dead-zones" in the terrain... meaning it's more worth it to mark on a mini-map, or make a separate entrance if you manage to find a rare ore. it's a lot of work to mine if you use old vanilla style branching since there is so much deadspace between veins of ore. While some players prefer to use shaft mining, from the surface going down, others use vanilla style branching, but with much larger distance between the branching corridors... If you haven't already craft the ore generation book, it's the only(that I know of) location where this packs ore generation can be found, since this pack is slightly different than normal GT in distribution.
Tin is one of the harder early-game ores to find, but once you do find a vein you have so much of it that you almost don't need more than one vein :) I generally explore a lot of surface when playing this pack to locate my first tin in visible surface deposits, saves on mining-time and on picks in the early game. On my first my first world on InfiTech v3.1 I laughed, in frustration and cheer, when after searching for hours for a surface vein I dug under my home base to make a cellar and I found I had settled on top of a vein without knowing it :)
I'd recommend waiting to do crop breeding until you start crafting in your base, since you then get crop progression at the same time as expanding your tech-infrastructure... and do early bee breeding at the same time... they are both extreme time sinks if you do them separately from other things.

P

Pyromancer56

The third I'm less sure of as I've never actually seen one, but in the end I believe there are rarely islands containing vanilla ores, but they don't spawn within a couple of thousand blocks of the main end island and can be very rare.

There are two versions of the Burning Mountains biome in the End. One has Scorching Lens and Fire Golems on it and can have a Dungeon Puzzle. The other with Haunted Miners can have vanilla ores on it, usually only 3 types but can have all of them. This was what I thought was the intended way of getting them to do the Division Sigil ritual until the recent change. In my opinion it's by far the easiest way to get a lot of diamond and emerald.

R

Rogash

For the tin/bronze problem: As you no longer need the vis dicount to make a greatwood wand core you can get a thaumatorium pre lv...then you can transmute tin and bronze from any other metal fairly easily....it's also my favourite way of producing steel

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
For the tin/bronze problem: As you no longer need the vis dicount to make a greatwood wand core you can get a thaumatorium pre lv...then you can transmute tin and bronze from any other metal fairly easily....it's also my favourite way of producing steel
You could get it pre LV anyway via the bewitched robes from Witching Gadgets, but yeah that was kinda obscure.

Reactions: Rogash
S

Sven "flamestrider"

What's your favourite ordo source for your early steel? I use the "grass" from rivers and lakes for my early steel transmutation.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Yep those, then of course the candleberries and then centrifuging other essentia to ordo..
I used cobble -> chiseled bricks for ordo but it does cost a bit of emerald and might be tricky to setup earlygame, although it did the job for me.
Later on I use the precision engraver to supply ordo for my cluster processing.
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
I have an advanced alchemical furnace setup, and using LP I want all the crystallized essence to go in one location, however I cannot seem to find any itemsink module that support items with metadata. I have an itemsink with default set as input for the furnace, and I want everything but the crystallized essence to go there, is there any way to achieve this or do I have to setup a separate network?

P

Pyromancer56

I have an advanced alchemical furnace setup, and using LP I want all the crystallized essence to go in one location, however I cannot seem to find any itemsink module that support items with metadata. I have an itemsink with default set as input for the furnace, and I want everything but the crystallized essence to go there, is there any way to achieve this or do I have to setup a separate network?
I'm not sure about LP but you can use an Ender IO item conduit with an advanced item filter set to whitelist a crystallized essence with all options set to ignore. Should work since I believe all of them share the same ID. Might be able to use a GT type filter as well, not sure about that one.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about LP but you can use an Ender IO item conduit with an advanced item filter set to whitelist a crystallized essence with all options set to ignore. Should work since I believe all of them share the same ID. Might be able to use a GT type filter as well, not sure about that one.

I have my storage separate from my furnace, which means it goes through an Lp network to get to my storage. It would be nice to have some option like all contents from this chest goes there specifically, although I guess that's not possible.

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the entirety of today building to test a Fluid Reactor => LHE => Large Turbine system. Learned/Wish to ask a few new things today.

1) Reactor:
So it appears that Thorium fuel rods release 4 times less heat and have 2.5 times the durability of regular Uranium fuel rods in the fluid reactor. Is this the intended behaviour or did something go wrong somewhere? Btw attached is the setup I am using to test my entire system, producing exactly 800hU/s.

2) LHE:
This bugger took up most of my time. Nowhere in the wiki says that the LHE has a "warm-up" time, but experiments on my part indicate the presence of such a phenomenon. Originally, to simulate a flow rate of 1000mB/s hot coolant, I manually inserted a hot coolant cell into the input hatch every second such that the LHE doesn't consume more than 1000mB hot coolant per cycle and it doesn't shut off for a second because it has no hot coolant to process. Strangely enough, only 28,800mB of steam was produced from 10,000mB of hot coolant, a ratio of 2.88mB of steam per 1mB of hot coolant, which is in HUGE contrast to the wiki-stated ratio of 80 to 1. Further testing (manually inserting 1 cell, then restarting with 2, 3, 4 etc.) showed that for the first second of processing, the LHE consumes 1000mB of hot coolant but does not output steam, and from the second cell of hot coolant onward steam production per hot coolant cell increased by increments of 640mB. Following the pattern I was able to determine that the LHE reaches its peak conversion rate of 80 to 1 after 125,000mB of hot coolant used, and the 126th cell is the first to produce 80,000mB of steam. Verified this by manually inserting 126 cells 1 at a time; imagine my joy when I was finally done and proven correct ;) So I guess someone should add this into the wiki if anyone else verifies this: LHE consumes up to 8000mB of hot coolant on the first cycle (second) without outputting steam, then gradually increases steam output per cycle until hitting full efficiency after 125s. Unfortunately I only bothered to experiment with 1000mB/s and 2000mB/s of hot coolant; anyone else who wishes to test any other flow rate or with lava is more than welcome to do so.

3) Large Turbines:
So with my intended reactor heat output of 800hU/s, after producing steam through the LHE, I intend to use 2 large steam turbines, both outfitted with Fluxed Electrum turbines which have optimal steam flow of 32,000mB/s and efficiency of 105%. The calculations should be as follows (please correct me if I'm wrong): 800mB/s hot coolant * 80 => 64,000mB/s steam / 20 => 3,200mB/t steam / 2 => 1,600EU/t * 1.05 => 1,680EU/t. Now that's a lovely source of energy, however I have two problems. First is for the steam output: because 64,000mB of steam is produced instantaneously each second, only a ZPM output hatch (which has a capacity of 64,000mB) and above can work alone; therefore I've decided to use 2 HV output hatches of 32,000mB each, but can I even split the steam output equally between the hatches? Second is for steam transfer: if the first worked, then I would have two hatches of 32,000mB/s steam; what's the best way to transfer these two pipelines to their respective turbines?

I eagerly await any answer.

P.S. I just tried attaching an IV pump (163,840mB/s) to one output hatch with the destination being a bedrockium drum. Stranglely it was able to keep up even though the steam output exceeded the capacity of the HV output hatch.

Attachments

• 800hU.PNG
    800hU.PNG
    66.5 KB · Views: 66
  • LHE calculations.PNG
    LHE calculations.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Finally started again from a bit of a break by finishing my biogas/heavy oil tree farm. The turbine is using 66 l/t of biogas to run a HSS-S turbine and should produce 2940 eu/tick with a fair amount of excess. Although the 2x distillation tower and pyrolyze oven eat a fair bit of this energy. Total setup cost is extremly large (especially if you count oil distillation setup downstairs) however you can produce a suprising amount if items continously from a oak tree farm :)

http://prntscr.com/b6rk2a

Probably gonna make a ethanol factory as well to use some of the excess sapplings and apples because why not :)

PS: Cool kids don't have walls :p

sprangles, i would advice you to have a look at some better thorium setups
This thread has a few pretty nice ones
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11729

Also the LHE has a fairly long heat up time. Probably something like 1 minute. From what ive seen it has the correct numbers compared to the WIKI once it has heated up normaly. However since the turbine also has a wind up time this works out quite well so that the turbine has full production at about the same time the LHE reaches full output.

For your fluxed electrum turbine you should aim for 32000l steam/second which you get from feeding the LHE 400 mb of hot coolant per second. After its heating up period it will produce 32000 mb/s steam which will make the turbine produce 36000/20/2*1.05=840 eu/t.

The error in your calculations is that regular steam large turbines has half the output of gas and high pressure steam turbines. Your calculations are therefore correct if you where using superheated steam.

If you have the possibility i would recomend the large fluxed electrum turbine as it takes 48000l/s of steam (50% more) however has an efficiency of 130% and thus gives 48000/2/20*1.3=1560 eu/t or 85% more than the turbine you are using. This would use 600 mb of hot coolant. Feeding the turbines is easiest to do with a huge tungstensteel pipes as they have the perfect flowrate for those turbines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aiwendil

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I have my storage separate from my furnace, which means it goes through an Lp network to get to my storage. It would be nice to have some option like all contents from this chest goes there specifically, although I guess that's not possible.
Logisticspipe has the entrance and destination pipe but you have to use something else (gt item pipe with conveyor) to extract from the chest and put in the pipe itself -> https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/issues/789

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
What's your favourite ordo source for your early steel?
Pipe sealant has two ordo with no other aspects to mess with, so I use a Vanilla-style auto-harvesting cactus farm. Cactus gets cooked in a Vanilla furnace using cactus as fuel. The green dye goes through a hopper to a BC Auto Workbench to be turned into pipe sealant, then through another hopper to a Barrel or Storage Drawer. The whole farm is completely automatic, completely self-sustaining, requires no power at all, and can be put together in the Bronze Age. The efficiency and speed can be greatly improved by changing the way the cactus gets cooked, but still...

My system has 64 cactus inside. I even skinned it to look like a 16:1 cactus block :)

http://imgur.com/a/ITUrI

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
question. how many things should i expect in the shop tab of the hqm quest book? i only have the first 3 and already halfway done with steel quest line.

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
sprangles, i would advice you to have a look at some better thorium setups
This thread has a few pretty nice ones
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11729

This 800hU/s reactor was just for testing purposes, but I don't mind finding a couple better designs too. I'm trying to find those that produce a steady, well-rounded number of heat though so I can better fine-tune the system.

For your fluxed electrum turbine you should aim for 32000l steam/second which you get from feeding the LHE 400 mb of hot coolant per second. After its heating up period it will produce 32000 mb/s steam which will make the turbine produce 36000/20/2*1.05=840 eu/t.

The error in your calculations is that regular steam large turbines has half the output of gas and high pressure steam turbines. Your calculations are therefore correct if you where using superheated steam.

If you have the possibility i would recomend the large fluxed electrum turbine as it takes 48000l/s of steam (50% more) however has an efficiency of 130% and thus gives 48000/2/20*1.3=1560 eu/t or 85% more than the turbine you are using. This would use 600 mb of hot coolant. Feeding the turbines is easiest to do with a huge tungstensteel pipes as they have the perfect flowrate for those turbines.

Sorry let me clarify here. My current intention was to with my test setup is to produce 800hU/s from the reactor, feed the hot coolant into one LHE to produce 64,000L/s of steam, and then try to split the output into 2 different turbines, both with 32,000L/s fluxed electrum turbines. I'm just trying to see whether there is a method to split the 64,000L/s output into two 32,000L/s pipelines that will deliver the steam to the 2 turbines. Is this at all possible or do I have to split the hot coolant flow (which is much easier to handle) and build 2 LHE-turbine systems?

Perhaps for now I will test my system with a 600hU/s reactor and use just one turbine at the end with a large fluxed electrum turbine, but I foresee that I may be building multiple reactors that will supply steam for more than 2 turbines. Getting the optimal flow for each turbine will be an absolute nightmare unless I find a way to evenly split LHE outputs.

Finally started again from a bit of a break by finishing my biogas/heavy oil tree farm. The turbine is using 66 l/t of biogas to run a HSS-S turbine and should produce 2940 eu/tick with a fair amount of excess. Although the 2x distillation tower and pyrolyze oven eat a fair bit of this energy. Total setup cost is extremly large (especially if you count oil distillation setup downstairs) however you can produce a suprising amount if items continously from a oak tree farm :)

While I'm at it, how exactly did you upgrade your farming station? What fertiliser do you use? I'm also on the lookout for how to build a steady tree farm, but I don't have Forestry and Thaumcraft (sorry I don't play Infitech. At least not yet).

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
question. how many things should i expect in the shop tab of the hqm quest book? i only have the first 3 and already halfway done with steel quest line.
I think there's about twenty or so? They're unlocked all throughout the quest book though, the final being Iridium from doing some IV quests related to UUM iirc. The next ones for you are probably some battery related materials from doing the LV battery quests and I think some are unlocked when you do the EBF quest.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

This 800hU/s reactor was just for testing purposes, but I don't mind finding a couple better designs too. I'm trying to find those that produce a steady, well-rounded number of heat though so I can better fine-tune the system. - crop -
If you don't mind non-thorium setups here are two even-numbered setups for you, these design are not "mine", mostly I've tweaked others to get even numbers:

Sweet single-rods:
No runcost 205 EU/t or 800 Hu/s at 3,73 Eff 100% - 11 Single Uran
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...9ee91dj9aincm2hwpedk1935p994ascq8lek0x5uq9vy8

Madness in a box:
Iridium Reflected 225 EU/t or 1200 Hu/s at 5 Eff (4,76 95%) - 1 Quad Uran 5 Single Uran
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...6n32lb142f2m7mqw94vht3x7qzl8ctckwkusr9lnk7fuo

Basically Madness in a box is an upgraded Sweet single-rods fluid reactor... it's only worth running in fluid mode while the sweet design isn't too shabby to run in normal coolant mode.

Personally I'd split the coolant for an easier setup, maybe it's even possible to use GT fluid regulators for that? After converting the heat in the coolant to other energy forms the resultant fluids to split become so much larger after all ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: sprAngles

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Additionally I'm now testing the large plasma turbine. I can't simulate a flow rate of 7.8125mB/t of helium plasma, so I'm using a fluid regulator with 7mB/t, feeding into a large plasma turbine with a small fluxed electrum turbine. Also, I found that the optimal plasma flow on the turbine tooltip is rather deceiving - it's half the actual value.

Key constants:
Additional efficiency modifier = 7 / 7.8125 = 0.896, Turbine efficiency modifier = 0.8, Turbine optimal steam flow = 16,000L/s

What I expect:
Nominal plasma output = (16,000L/s * 40) / 20 = 32,000EU/t
Full-efficiency energy output = 7mB/t * 4096 = 28,672EU/t
Theoretical energy output = 28,672EU/t * 0.896 * 0.8 = ~20552EU/t

However, when I test my system, I get an output of 20,070EU/t (all hail the portable scanner! Just discovered it). Working backwards I get a full-efficiency energy output of 28,000EU/t instead. I'm not sure whether there is an additional modifier in here somewhere.

If you don't mind non-thorium setups here are two even-numbered setups for you, these design are not "mine", mostly I've tweaked others to get even numbers:

Sweet single-rods:
No runcost 205 EU/t or 800 Hu/s at 3,73 Eff 100% - 11 Single Uran
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...9ee91dj9aincm2hwpedk1935p994ascq8lek0x5uq9vy8

Madness in a box:
Iridium Reflected 225 EU/t or 1200 Hu/s at 5 Eff (4,76 95%) - 1 Quad Uran 5 Single Uran
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...6n32lb142f2m7mqw94vht3x7qzl8ctckwkusr9lnk7fuo

Basically Madness in a box is an upgraded Sweet single-rods fluid reactor... it's only worth running in fluid mode while the sweet design isn't too shabby to run in normal coolant mode.

Personally I'd split the coolant for an easier setup, maybe it's even possible to use GT fluid regulators for that? After converting the heat in the coolant to other energy forms the resultant fluids to split become so much larger after all ;)

So far I'm looking at thorium setups but I'll be sure to keep your designs in mind :)

Well then I guess splitting hot coolant is the way to go then, but I'm gonna need multiple LHEs and oh boy that's a lot of titanium. It's gonna be even more of a grind now that titanium production has been scaled up in difficulty - well this is gonna be fun.

P.S. Well if it helps I ran two more different turbines - Normal fluxed electrum turbine with 105% efficiency and 64,000L/s optimal plasma flow gave 13,171EU/t and a normal tungstencarbide turbine with 115% efficiency and 56,000L/s optimal plasma flow gave 16,486EU/t.

Last edited: