[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, is the worldgen in your modpack supposed to place me in a Deep Ocean biome? I spawned on a long narrow island that went northwest from my spawn point and had no trees save one from Pam's Harvestcraft on it, which was fortunate, as this enabled me to make a boat.

Usually when I spawn in an Infitech 2 map, there is a whole lot of ExtraBiomesXL biomes happening.

I'm going to continue playing and see if this generates normal EXBL terrain or what. :D

Seed is below should you want to check.

Seed: 9185273229081952150

This I consider sorta cheaty, because I could just plop down a pump anywhere in the ocean and not have to worry about water until the Deep Ocean gets drained quite some time later! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, is the worldgen in your modpack supposed to place me in a Deep Ocean biome? I spawned on a long narrow island that went northwest from my spawn point and had no trees save one from Pam's Harvestcraft on it, which was fortunate, as this enabled me to make a boat.

Usually when I spawn in an Infitech 2 map, there is a whole lot of ExtraBiomesXL biomes happening.

I'm going to continue playing and see if this generates normal EXBL terrain or what. :D

Seed is below should you want to check.

Seed: 9185273229081952150

This I consider sorta cheaty, because I could just plop down a pump anywhere in the ocean and not have to worry about water until the Deep Ocean gets drained quite some time later! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Even though the modpack uses EBXL, you can still enter the seed in AMIDST to check the general layout of the worldgen. And yes, congratulations! You just created a world with an enormous central deep ocean.

Hint:
Sail southeast :-D.

faradiel

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for recipe plan from project red in the assembler actually eat the integrated circuit. i dont think it was intented ?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Even though the modpack uses EBXL, you can still enter the seed in AMIDST to check the general layout of the worldgen. And yes, congratulations! You just created a world with an enormous central deep ocean.

Hint:
Sail southeast :-D.

Thanks, I eventually ended up going Creative Mode and came across land at x:1380, z:-1175 so it would seem terrain is generating normally. What I consider abnormal is almost the total lack of trees of any kind in the biomes that make up the Deep Ocean biomes. This makes for any sort of start next to impossible because you cannot get a tree until you find one. If Pam's Harvescraft hadn't generated that tree I came across I would have been stuck with flying around in Creative Mode because I don't like starving to death forever!

To jason: Is there any way you can force Deep Ocean biomes to generate trees on all kinds of land outcrops? It would require biome configuration changes, but I need wood first and foremost, and I like ocean strategies, just not without trees!

IMHO, your modpack should be versatile enough that it could handle getting enough trees to actually go mining for resources so someone could at least have a go at starting on an ocean strategy!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for recipe plan from project red in the assembler actually eat the integrated circuit. i dont think it was intented ?
Darn it... forgot to put "* 0 " in the script

Well its not like the Recipe Plan is something too important to make. But thanks for letting me know :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I eventually ended up going Creative Mode and came across land at x:1380, z:-1175 so it would seem terrain is generating normally. What I consider abnormal is almost the total lack of trees of any kind in the biomes that make up the Deep Ocean biomes. This makes for any sort of start next to impossible because you cannot get a tree until you find one. If Pam's Harvescraft hadn't generated that tree I came across I would have been stuck with flying around in Creative Mode because I don't like starving to death forever!

To jason: Is there any way you can force Deep Ocean biomes to generate trees on all kinds of land outcrops? It would require biome configuration changes, but I need wood first and foremost, and I like ocean strategies, just not without trees!

IMHO, your modpack should be versatile enough that it could handle getting enough trees to actually go mining for resources so someone could at least have a go at starting on an ocean strategy!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
No. I am not touching worldgen, actually I can't touch how minecraft generates its stuff. if you dont like your world, then recreate... simple as that

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Oooo... I don't think forcing trees on all deep ocean islands is such a good idea. It would probably be better for players who find themselves on a treeless island they don't like to simply generate a new world. I know I have spent hours re-generating worlds specifically looking for that perfect, challenging, single-island-waterworld for the start of the game. ($0.02)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
No. I am not touching worldgen, actually I can't touch how minecraft generates its stuff. if you dont like your world, then recreate... simple as that

Well, whatever, I abandoned that world because it's unworkable with the current hunger ruleset you use. There are a plethora of mods that add items to worldgen, including vanilla. Suffice it to say, I would like an ocean start, it's just not viable for the most part.

This is one of the major reasons I check a world out using cheats, it saves me a lot of time trying to determine if a world is viable in the first place. If I have no tree access, I won't play that map, simple as that.

I had thought you could do something about it, but if you don't want to care, that's your business.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Black0305

Jul 29, 2019
I´m not quite sure where the problem is, but my server keeps crashing after the update on 3.2.3.
I re-downloaded the server files several times but still the same error, i also replaced the script and config folder with the files from github.
Here´s my crash log: http://pastebin.com/ppcKNBzq

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I´m not quite sure where the problem is, but my server keeps crashing after the update on 3.2.3.
I re-downloaded the server files several times but still the same error, i also replaced the script and config folder with the files from github.
Here´s my crash log: http://pastebin.com/ppcKNBzq
It might be corrupted HQM save file. You can try to restore the HQM save file from backup (it will be stored somewhere in the world folder, not exactly sure where, can't check). If that will not help, then you might need to delete the HQM save file in the world. It will however reset the progress made by all players.

Reactions: Black0305

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well, whatever, I abandoned that world because it's unworkable with the current hunger ruleset you use. There are a plethora of mods that add items to worldgen, including vanilla. Suffice it to say, I would like an ocean start, it's just not viable for the most part.

This is one of the major reasons I check a world out using cheats, it saves me a lot of time trying to determine if a world is viable in the first place. If I have no tree access, I won't play that map, simple as that.

I had thought you could do something about it, but if you don't want to care, that's your business.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I did not said I dont care. I said that I can't touch how minecraft generates its stuff.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I did not said I dont care. I said that I can't touch how minecraft generates its stuff.

It would appear to be possible to change how Minecraft generates its stuff, is the difficulty in understanding how to do this, or because something to do with changing vanilla generation is currently broken? Not trying to be obnoxious, just trying to get a better grasp on the issue at hand here.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
On a ligher subject, what different options do you have for crafting in the modpack? Ive used steve's workshop for way to long and i still havent found all the stuff i need to get into AE2 which im guessing is the ultimate endgame when it comes to storage and crafting. So what are good crafting options you can make before you reach AE2?

Also does anyone have some early game automation tips on crafting the most commonly used materials such as wires, plates, circuits that you can make in low to mid voltage tier

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It would appear to be possible to change how Minecraft generates its stuff, is the difficulty in understanding how to do this, or because something to do with changing vanilla generation is currently broken? Not trying to be obnoxious, just trying to get a better grasp on the issue at hand here.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
hi Brick,

Jason said *he* can't do that stuff. Just like you can't do brain surgery. Hypothetically you could learn to do so but it's not really appropriate for me to expect it of you.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
On a ligher subject, what different options do you have for crafting in the modpack? Ive used steve's workshop for way to long and i still havent found all the stuff i need to get into AE2 which im guessing is the ultimate endgame when it comes to storage and crafting. So what are good crafting options you can make before you reach AE2?

Also does anyone have some early game automation tips on crafting the most commonly used materials such as wires, plates, circuits that you can make in low to mid voltage tier
For early game automation a bunch of dedicated forestry workbenches. You can save the recipes in there and the materials. Some folks like the XACT crafter, but I had issues with it last patch and got scared away. I'm curious to try the ProjectRed Workbench though. These things combined with the Steve's workshop table should tide you over until you start auto-crafting with AE2.

Reactions: Pyure and Joel Falk

Black0305

Jul 29, 2019
It might be corrupted HQM save file. You can try to restore the HQM save file from backup (it will be stored somewhere in the world folder, not exactly sure where, can't check). If that will not help, then you might need to delete the HQM save file in the world. It will however reset the progress made by all players.

Deleting the HQM saves in the world ordner worked fine so far, but as u said all progress is lost. :( Hopefully this will never happen again

But anyway i really appreciate the support you do for your fellow gamers and the great work you did in this modpack! And also a special thank to all your "team members" who worked on it. :)
Keep it up guys!

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
This is strange someone on the server found spatial io in a jungle.
2016-03-30_15.29.49.png
2016-03-30_15.30.00.png