[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
With all the different mods, what are most people using for storage in the LV/MV age? I just set up a new world now that I got the hang of GT (and changed a few configs), and was going to set up a massive refined relocation chest/barrel bank.
Barrels and "Iron" chests. Lots of each.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
With all the different mods, what are most people using for storage in the LV/MV age? I just set up a new world now that I got the hang of GT (and changed a few configs), and was going to set up a massive refined relocation chest/barrel bank.

Yes, that works quite well. JABBA is a good option. And, if you have a *steady* source of power in the MV age, you can use AE2.

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
I have enjoyed the pack a long time, first time posting.
On latest version 2.0.10 it appears the crafting table recipe to craft gregtech wire with a plate and wirecutters is conflicting with the ic2 cable recipe making it inaccessible.
(previously the wirecutters to the left of the plate produced ic2, to the right of the plate produced gregtech; now ic2 cables results from all combinations)

Temporary workaround I'm using is to add a script file with "recipes.remove(<IC2:itemCable:*>);" which disables the ic2 wire crafting in the table allowing the gregtech wire to be made. (Wiremill can still produce the IC2 variants)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the ironNugget to steelNugget stuff and Railcraft : that was totally my fault. Root cause was because infitech.zs wasn't completing due to error with BoP and ProjectZulu missing, which are *my* fault. I removed them.

I have since edited infitech.zs in my server and verified it runs correctly. The ironNugget-->wroughtIronNugget recipe is now working correctly. No problems.

@Jason McRay Please accept my apologies for the false alarm. Everything is good.

995w3.jpg

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the ironNugget to steelNugget stuff and Railcraft : that was totally my fault. Root cause was because infitech.zs wasn't completing due to error with BoP and ProjectZulu missing, which are *my* fault. I removed them.

I have since edited infitech.zs in my server and verified it runs correctly. The ironNugget-->wroughtIronNugget recipe is now working correctly. No problems.

@Jason McRay Please accept my apologies for the false alarm. Everything is good.

995w3.jpg
Always when removing a mod check the scripts if there is no reference to the mod. It will get stuck and break afterwards.

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
Always when removing a mod check the scripts if there is no reference to the mod. It will get stuck and break afterwards.

That could also be my issue, I've removed a couple mods. Though it didn't cause the trouble I'm experiencing before this version of the pack. I'll go through and make sure I didn't leave anything.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
That could also be my issue, I've removed a couple mods. Though it didn't cause the trouble I'm experiencing before this version of the pack. I'll go through and make sure I didn't leave anything.
Can be... I just tried it and i am getting correct stuff: Cutter - Plate = IC2 cable; Plate - Cutter = GT Wire

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Yet another dumb question. I haven't looked at this myself yet, but my son is having trouble filling Galacticraft fuel canisters in fluid canning machine. It partially fills them but then if you put a partially filled canister in the fluid canning machine it empties it instead of filling it.

FYI, we are still on 2.0.5, so maybe we just need to upgrade....

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Galacticraft has its own system for fluid containers making problems with other mods all the time. Most mods only have full or empty containers, while GC allows every amount beween. When you want to use the GC fluid canisters, use the GC machines to fill them. When using other mods to fill them, you can only try to see what happens. Some might work but that also changes with some updates.

unoimalltht

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Thaumcraft/Gregtech Steel Nugget recipe seem strangely strong to anyone else?

It's not so far in the Alchemy tree to be difficult (not in comparison to the amount of ore and time it takes to get a Bronze Blast Furnace going), and is pretty cheap at one iron nugget + one ordo.

It seems like with a little bit of automation you could completely bypass the bronze era completely.... or am I missing something?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Thaumcraft/Gregtech Steel Nugget recipe seem strangely strong to anyone else?

It's not so far in the Alchemy tree to be difficult (not in comparison to the amount of ore and time it takes to get a Bronze Blast Furnace going), and is pretty cheap at one iron nugget + one ordo.

It seems like with a little bit of automation you could completely bypass the bronze era completely.... or am I missing something?

Plate bending machines, otherwise you're spending so much steel you will be transmuting for days, that and its always worth building steam stuff anyway because of ore doubling/electric power :p
Edit, not to mention the amount of tools you would chew through doing it that way.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Is the GC refinery required to visit the Moon or something?

I wonder more, is there a reqirement to use the GC container?

I am not sure. I really know nothing about Galacticraft other than what my sons have told/shown me. My oldest seems to think that while using the GC container is not a requirement to get to the Moon, it would make it much easier to get back. I.e., rather than having to rebuild the refueling infrastructure on the Moon, you would just carry some extra fuel with you. I take that to mean that refueling a rocket is more complicated than just throwing a fluid conduit on an ExU drum, which while strange seems believable given the unusual behavior of the GC container.

But if there is another/better way to refuel the rocket on the Moon, I would be glad to pass that on. (I really need to get my oldest son to make an account on the forums so he can ask these things himself....)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure. I really know nothing about Galacticraft other than what my sons have told/shown me. My oldest seems to think that while using the GC container is not a requirement to get to the Moon, it would make it much easier to get back. I.e., rather than having to rebuild the refueling infrastructure on the Moon, you would just carry some extra fuel with you. I take that to mean that refueling a rocket is more complicated than just throwing a fluid conduit on an ExU drum, which while strange seems believable given the unusual behavior of the GC container.

But if there is another/better way to refuel the rocket on the Moon, I would be glad to pass that on. (I really need to get my oldest son to make an account on the forums so he can ask these things himself....)

You need a rocker fueler, which is a "machine" block. It takes fuel as input. And, much easier to carry fuel with you then refine it on the moon. Also, carry some GC batteries. The fueler requires a little bit of power.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
You need a rocker fueler, which is a "machine" block. It takes fuel as input. And, much easier to carry fuel with you then refine it on the moon. Also, carry some GC batteries. The fueler requires a little bit of power.

Okay, so rather than taking filled GC canisters with you, you just take a drum, fluid conduit, fueler, and GC batteries? If so, it sounds doable, but at a cost of inventory slots. More backpacks I guess. No big deal.

Oracle

Jul 29, 2019
Ok swore I read in here earlier about how to break monster spawners but for the life of me I can not find it.

So the question is how do I break spawners? Friend is into thaumcraft and is getting annoyed that he can not access the loot chest below the greatwood spider trees. Have I overlooked something? Thought it was suppose to be a dimaond pickaxe at a slow but that isn't having any success.