[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Not more than just a few research points. I'll have to read up on 1.7 thaumcraft and figure out what it was then. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Not more than just a few research points. I'll have to read up on 1.7 thaumcraft and figure out what it was then. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

"Warp". It's difficult to avoid getting at least a little bit of warp. Research Mastery and the Infernal Furnace will easily do it. However, you have to be seriously warped to have really negative affects. Just avoid making flesh golems and other really dark stuff and you'll be OK.

A *little* bit of warp is actually helpful. You get free research points !

On the other hand, if you want the powerful Void stuff, you'll need to be fully warped. But, be prepared to deal with really nasty side effects if you choose to go full warp.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Guess I got it from either the little bit of research I did or... the zombie brains I ate when I was starting.
Was starving and spawned nowhere near bushes/ect. Like how this modpack is similar to terrafirmacraft though.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Guess I got it from either the little bit of research I did or... the zombie brains I ate when I was starting.
Was starving and spawned nowhere near bushes/ect. Like how this modpack is similar to terrafirmacraft though.

Yeah, this pack is not for the feint of heart. It' s not BnB "good luck not dying" brutal, but expect everything to take (much) longer and require more steps.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I loved terrafirmacraft. Love the harder packs, though in this one I spawned in dead, as I was killed by a rat whilst "downloading terrain", then was insta-killed just trying to say high to some cool looking cult members, then corpse camped by a giraffe for an hour. The blood moons and warp are icing on the cake... it's the joy of discovery.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
A few pages back someone suggested that i should make a advanced drill from gravitation suite. I tried everything in a test world but i cant for the life of me figure out how to get the ic2 coolant cell is it even possible to obtain it?
You need them for the overclocker upgrades, those require 3 10K coolant cells wich in turn needs 1 coolant cell and the only recipe for that is via bottling or canning yet there is no way to get the fluid without extracting it from a bottle.
Am i missing something or is this broken? Im currently on the 2.0.8 version of this pack

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
was insta-killed just trying to say high to some cool looking cult members

Hah ! I had a similar experience my first encounter with them. After I was geared enough to take them down, I made sure to take a couple of their banners as trophies and made sure to wear their armor whenever I saw them.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for fluid coolant is not in NEI. Use distilled water and lapis dust in the solid/fluid canner.
Thnx ill try that in a singleplayer world. I did already saw that recipe on the wiki but when i tried it in the ic2 machine (forgot the name) that required it it didn't work ill try the gregtech way :). Any reason why the recipe isnt showing up? Thought that NEI read all available recipes at startup.

Edit: Derp! i had to pipe the distilled water in xD it works now thnx!

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Another noob question: Gregtech wrench won't remove gregtech cabling. What am I doing wrong? Right-click/ect. doesn't work. Hitbox shows up but does nothing when I hit it, unlike machines.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Another noob question: Gregtech wrench won't remove gregtech cabling. What am I doing wrong? Right-click/ect. doesn't work. Hitbox shows up but does nothing when I hit it, unlike machines.

Use the Wire Cutter. I completely destroyed a few cables, like a noob, before figuring this one out. So obvious, afterwards.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Tooltip says "wrench" but yeah, makes sense now. I accidentally placed a red alloy cable when the "autofill" feature popped up and couldn't remove it. They're quite expensive at this stage for me.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
About the "wierd" thaumcraft bad stuff (screen dim etc...) its not a big deal... Lets talk about the warp and other bad stuff in thaumcraft when you will get the unnatural hunger or sunburn debuffs :D

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Tooltip says "wrench" but yeah, makes sense now. I accidentally placed a red alloy cable when the "autofill" feature popped up and couldn't remove it. They're quite expensive at this stage for me.
Tooltips are getting confused on some blocks/items... I tend to ignore that and I use logic: Machines = wrench, wires = wire cutter. :)

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Tooltips are getting confused on some blocks/items... I tend to ignore that and I use logic: Machines = wrench, wires = wire cutter. :)

Heh, logic. That works until you use the Bronze Wrench on IC2 machines and remember the old days. (there's a chance you get only the machine casing, back, use the electric wrench on lossless mode, instead).

I remember playing some IC2 in 1.6.4 and this mechanic was removed or postponed, at least. I wonder why is it on, in this pack, when even Greg doesn't do that, on his machines.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
2.0.10. And, it doesn't seem to happen for everyone. @Tyriael_Soban on my server gets wrought iron (as he should). I'm guessing there's a race/competing recipe output for smelting iron nuggets to wrought iron or steel.

Also, I noticed wrought iron nuggets don't show up in NEI for me, at least not directly. I have to click on a wrought iron ingot to see the recipe using 9 wrought iron ingots (to see the nuggets). I *was* going to cheat in a wrought iron nugget to do "/mt hand" to get the full item name for it to add as a recipe in infitech.zs, but I can't cheat it in, it seems.

Actually i submitted a bug report last night, @Jason McRay & @MigukNamja - i attempted to do it again and i also got steel nuggets, thats why the server logs may or may not show me shouting "BUGGERATION!!!" on chat and cheating in some iron nuggets, i did some testing to see if it was purely related to the steves production table and i came up with a no.

Re: iron nuggets to steel

I suspect railcraft is involved:

Code:
if (!EnumMachineAlpha.BLAST_FURNACE.isAvaliable())
registerAltSteelFurnaceRecipe();

The RC blast furnace is indeed disabled, which means this bit of code runs:

Code:
private static void registerAltSteelFurnaceRecipe() {
List<ItemStack> iron = OreDictionary.getOres("nuggetIron");
for (ItemStack nugget : iron) {
CraftingPlugin.addFurnaceRecipe(nugget, ItemNugget.getNugget(ItemNugget.EnumNugget.STEEL), 0);
}
}

The thing is, neither of those files have changed since CovertJaguar submitted them in September of 2014. Still digging...

Also, I'm at work and can't test changes in-game. I'm thinking of enabling the RC blast furnace recipe (and not building it) just to prevent the iron nugget to steel nugget recipe from overtaking the wrought iron nugget smelting recipe.
- i see that someone was able to do a little more research than me :p

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed something weird today when looking for the easiest way to get flint dust and calcite with minimal effort- ProjectRed Basalt (from volcanoes) isn't registered in the ore dict as stoneBasalt, so you cannot macerate it into basalt dust. You can only macerate abyssal stone into basalt dust, but not actual basalt. You also can't macerate IC2 basalt, though I had no idea IC2 even added basalt.

Does anyone know if IC2 heat vents still improve the efficiency of GT machines when used as covers? In 1.5.2, if you used the heat vent (advanced, overclocked, or regular) as a cover on a gregtech machine, that side would get an animated fan texture and efficiency of the machine would be improved by 1.5% for regular covers, 3% for advanced/overclocked covers, with a cap at 10% (so four overclocked/advanced covers does it). You can still place the heat vents as covers and the animation is still in, but do they actually still improve efficiency?

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Of the ones you mentioned, I believe we can only make gold and ludicrite. My concern arises from the fact that I've seen various sources specifying other blocks which aren't in the listed provided, say, here. I could be wrong but I could swear I've seen references to various gem-type blocks being allowed in some packs/configurations.
I directly read the source for those blocks and that list you linked seems to be the same, anything else would've been added by a different mod or pack and isn't supported by default.

For a different note it should actually be pretty easy to add support to the pack for the other metals like titanium, as long as they've got a block form you just have to oredict it to blockTitanium or whatever and BR will support, I know they've got a way of adding items so that should even work for the metals that don't have a block form by default. Just a note to the pack developer or whoever cares.

I also take it the infinite metallum loop with wand caps is fine and meant to be there? Because I'll keep using it if so as it's pretty useful.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
With all the different mods, what are most people using for storage in the LV/MV age? I just set up a new world now that I got the hang of GT (and changed a few configs), and was going to set up a massive refined relocation chest/barrel bank.