[1.7.10] Let it End

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
So I was going to starve, so I updated to 1.3.6 and logs no longer go into the crucible, and my mob room no longer spawns mobs either.. It was going fine before. Same spot and same build design..

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm not the only one. I restarted my game and roofed the damn area again, but still nothing. I even saw mobs spawn ON the damn thing, but none inside. There's something weird going on.

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I moved my mob room elsewhere... it appears that building it in front of the fry queen near the islands doesn't work. It is now spawning normally behind the buiilding. Something to do with the map save?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I moved my mob room elsewhere... it appears that building it in front of the fry queen near the islands doesn't work. It is now spawning normally behind the buiilding. Something to do with the map save?
That is strange :/

So I was going to starve, so I updated to 1.3.6 and logs no longer go into the crucible, and my mob room no longer spawns mobs either.. It was going fine before. Same spot and same build design..
The logs should still work, as I didn't remove that feature. However, as for for food, at the end of each quest line the player has the option to get a little extra, and has been like that all throughout 1.3

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019

Ah, I will try that soon.

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, worked. Stuff started spawning even during building(the new spawn area is rectangular). Seems to be something with the fry queen area, my spawn was between that and the spawn island.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, worked. Stuff started spawning even during building(the new spawn area is rectangular). Seems to be something with the fry queen area, my spawn was between that and the spawn island.
That's strange, I am CERTAIN I didn't change the numbers in perfect spawn... although the spawn chunks may be protected (from mob spawns)

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, i dunno, but I now have a simplistic mob farm with a river, some iron spikes and what i found to be a solution to the autonomous activator problem: obsidian transport pipes.

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh yes, I forgot about the
PHEW, missed by the nerf hammer :D
Actually, they're pretty weak. They need a redstone engine to be able to suck up 1 block in front of them..
btw, is there an alternative to energy node -> enery pipes? Just that energy node is reallllly expensive atm...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
PHEW, missed by the nerf hammer :D
Actually, they're pretty weak. They need a redstone engine to be able to suck up 1 block in front of them..
btw, is there an alternative to energy node -> enery pipes? Just that energy node is reallllly expensive atm...
I am not nerfing them, they just slipped my mind :p

If you are stuck for redstone, make a bloodwood sapling ;) (you get netherrack from the sludge quest, or make it yourself using lava and redstone)

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
(you get netherrack from the sludge quest, or make it yourself using lava and redstone)
But to get sludge I need power... for power I need redstone for redstone I need bloodwood for bloodwood I need sludge...Ehh, i'll be on the dust-sieve grind then....
I think automating a system that hammers cobble, sieves half the gravel, hammers the other half etc would probably be more efficient in the long run... But thanks anyway =P

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
But to get sludge I need power... for power I need redstone for redstone I need bloodwood for bloodwood I need sludge...Ehh, i'll be on the dust-sieve grind then....
I think automating a system that hammers cobble, sieves half the gravel, hammers the other half etc would probably be more efficient in the long run... But thanks anyway =P
Why not do this then:
Make a stone barrel, plop a bucket of lava in it, right click it with redstone - get netherrack. You only need the one ;)

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
I also discovered sieve automation is disabled by default in ex nihilo =/
btw, did you know that machines you give often have some really OP stuff in their augmentation slots? Like 64k storage cells etc.