[1.7.10] Intro2Mods [Very Lite][For Uplifting Noobs]

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
There is a config option to disable the whole research thing, it doesnt completely remove it but it takes the puzzle part out. IMO i dont really care unless i make 5 different worlds to play on at a time and then i need to do it 5 times when i know what to do.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I am, as always a person who suggests Railcraft. For this pack in particular it adds several useful things. First it's a slightly better introduction to Multi-block construction than Forestry. It adds another method of generating steam for power, as well as another way to use both Buildcraft Fuel and Forestry Ethanol. Plus that same method explodes when it's done wrong, which is a valuable learning experience, as well as amusing when it happens. (To someone else.) It also expands on Buildcraft's ability to transport items and fluids, without stepping on Buildcraft's toes. And since Tesseracts are pretty expensive, you can get a Railcraft line up and running to power a quarry without needing to hunt down two stacks of ender pearls before you get to it. Plus there's a long way to go if you decide to go deep into the mod. Signalling and Routing give some useful depth to the mod, but aren't necessary so no one gets confused before they're ready to make the stuff. Plus the danger of getting yourself run over is ever present and the death messages are amusing enough to keep the mood light when you do inevitably get splatted. Also only adds ores already present, though you'd probably want to disable Poor Ore generation in the config.

Alternately, Storage Drawers. Incredibly simple to understand, and versatile. Plus it looks very cool. A simple storage expansion option that should be light on the system. (Doesn't add any new ores.)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I am, as always a person who suggests Railcraft. For this pack in particular it adds several useful things. First it's a slightly better introduction to Multi-block construction than Forestry. It adds another method of generating steam for power, as well as another way to use both Buildcraft Fuel and Forestry Ethanol. Plus that same method explodes when it's done wrong, which is a valuable learning experience, as well as amusing when it happens. (To someone else.) It also expands on Buildcraft's ability to transport items and fluids, without stepping on Buildcraft's toes. And since Tesseracts are pretty expensive, you can get a Railcraft line up and running to power a quarry without needing to hunt down two stacks of ender pearls before you get to it. Plus there's a long way to go if you decide to go deep into the mod. Signalling and Routing give some useful depth to the mod, but aren't necessary so no one gets confused before they're ready to make the stuff. Plus the danger of getting yourself run over is ever present and the death messages are amusing enough to keep the mood light when you do inevitably get splatted. Also only adds ores already present, though you'd probably want to disable Poor Ore generation in the config.

Alternately, Storage Drawers. Incredibly simple to understand, and versatile. Plus it looks very cool. A simple storage expansion option that should be light on the system. (Doesn't add any new ores.)
Yeah, if and when I do another update I'm going to add both of those. Your reasoning is superb, I give up. :p

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Is colony still being actively supported?
No... It ends up that it's a lot of work to keep a themed pack themed; it's easier to just throw 60 mods of every type into a folder and google-drive 'em to your friends. That's what I'm playing privately (on the rare occasions that I play MC); I'm not sure if I'll publish it.

In other news: Most of the changes I made to I2M are in my private version of the pack; I need to change a couple config settings and update TE (+companions) and BC. After that I guess I'll push the update, and within 3 days of that it'll get approved. I'll post about that at each stage.

D

Dimex

Hi
I would like to use this pack for introducing a friend to mods, but he can no longer get hold of the FTB launcher since it has be replaced by the curse launcher.

Is there a way he can get the FTB launcher? OR is there a way he can get this modpack in the curse launcher?

Please help, im so sorry that the FTB launcher has been abandoned :(