[1.7.10] Intro2Mods [Very Lite][For Uplifting Noobs]

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
This looks cool! I'm not sure if I would play this, but the idea is interesting.

Although, I think that WAILA would actually fit in this modpack really well. Just so that new players have a basic understanding of "which mod is this from?" without having to look up a wiki if they ever want to make a modpack by themselves. If you don't include all the crazy addons it should be fine.

Also: wow, you included RFDrills and not Simply Jetpacks? :oops: That's kind of an honor to me, even though I don't understand why would you not let people have awesome jetpacks.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
This looks cool! I'm not sure if I would play this, but the idea is interesting.

Although, I think that WAILA would actually fit in this modpack really well. Just so that new players have a basic understanding of "which mod is this from?" without having to look up a wiki if they ever want to make a modpack by themselves. If you don't include all the crazy addons it should be fine.

Also: wow, you included RFDrills and not Simply Jetpacks? :oops: That's kind of an honor to me, even though I don't understand why would you not let people have awesome jetpacks.
Adding WAILA and Simply Jetpacks to the "Maybe Add This" list. WAILA's just a good idea, the reasons I had before for not including it weren't very good... As for Simply Jetpacks, my original logic was that you could fly using the Thaumostatic Harness, but that's pretty far down the tech tree for TC, so that reason is pretty bad too. After a while/after more playtesting, I'll make a post asking about how people have done actually playing this, and then what they think of adding any mods.

My biggest motivation for not including any given mods is just to keep the mod count down for lag purposes. But I bet a couple more mods should be fine... :p

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019
I sometimes don't even think its how much mods you have, but some can destroy your computer.

For example, horizons and regrowth can run fine on my pc (and you know how my pc is...), but hebris, obscurity and crash landing my pc can't handle (those are far the only I really tested). So yeah a good thing would be beta testing too.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Could some type of sorting mod be added? It would make people's lives easier to have some way to sort their chests (unless there is some way that is so obvious that playing with AE2 all the time made me forget.) Diamond pipes feel a bit expensive and that is the only way i can think of "sorting" without TD. Maybe refined relocation/bluepower would work. Up to you, I probably forgot something huge.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Could some type of sorting mod be added? It would make people's lives easier to have some way to sort their chests (unless there is some way that is so obvious that playing with AE2 all the time made me forget.) Diamond pipes feel a bit expensive and that is the only way i can think of "sorting" without TD. Maybe refined relocation/bluepower would work. Up to you, I probably forgot something huge.
Well, you do get 8 diamond pipes per craft, and there's also some kind of "Diazuli" thing which is diamond + lapis, which I has some kind of modified sorting functionality. Also, golems.

Renato Lopes

Jul 29, 2019

A guy like me all I do is press the Z button on the chest...
(but I guess that's not what you want to do lol)

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to consider that getting a tree farm with Thaumcraft requires quite a lot of investment. It's not even possible until you've got an infusion altar going.

Given that a tree farm is one of the first things people want, not having an easier way to access it might be a problem.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to consider that getting a tree farm with Thaumcraft requires quite a lot of investment. It's not even possible until you've got an infusion altar going.

Given that a tree farm is one of the first things people want, not having an easier way to access it might be a problem.
Yeah... WAILA, Simply Jetpacks, and Forestry will be in the next version. I figure three more mods won't be that bad for lag, right? :p

EDIT: I've submitted an update with WAILA, Simply Jetpacks, and Forestry to the third party pack team. It'll be live within 3 days; when it goes up, I'll post the full (if rather unimpressive) changelog. :)

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So, version 1.0.2 is out.
Changelog:
Added Simply Jetpacks by Tonius
Added WAILA by ProfMobius
Added Forestry by SirSengir
Added SirSengir, KingLemming, ProfMobius, and cpw11 to Headcrumbs
Configured Forestry to NOT generate it’s own copper or tin (so that there is only one type of copper/tin) and turned on retrogen in chunks generated in previous versions of this pack. Those are pretty much internal changes, so there’s nothing to worry about.
Enjoy! :D

Reactions: Senseidragon

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is genius. Not just for noobs either. It lets you focus and learn what is there and not get sidetracked with another mod, forgetting about the one you just worked on. I think i will make some packs for myself this small so i can learn things like blood magic and immersive engineering. Added bonus, i can actually use sphax and not get really low framerates :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
He
This pack is genius. Not just for noobs either. It lets you focus and learn what is there and not get sidetracked with another mod, forgetting about the one you just worked on. I think i will make some packs for myself this small so i can learn things like blood magic and immersive engineering. Added bonus, i can actually use sphax and not get really low framerates :)
Here are Your mods just Deal with it you Noob

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to go ahead and recommend you add the Thaumcraft minus Thaumcraft mod by our very own @SpitefulFox . IMO, This has elevated Thaumcraft to one of my favorite mods. I think this would be a good addition because I know a lot of peeps get turned away from the darned research game.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to go ahead and recommend you add the Thaumcraft minus Thaumcraft mod by our very own @SpitefulFox . IMO, This has elevated Thaumcraft to one of my favorite mods. I think this would be a good addition because I know a lot of peeps get turned away from the darned research game.
It's a little fun, but tedious
EdIT: the research game
Hmmm... I'm not sure. I do appreciate the feedback; it helps me to judge how I'm doing. I think that, since this pack is oriented towards noobs, I want to keep the research game on by default - it's important to the theme of the mod. I think I may drop in TMT and have it disabled by default. :)

Reactions: dragon_fang101

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to know
Did you already added a mod which is disabled by default
There are currently no mods which are disabled by default. All I have for my next update's TODO is to disable Cicadas (yuck) and add in (but disable-by-default) Thaumcraft Minus Thaumcraft. I'll do that sometime when I have time.