[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
The Temporal Reality launcher is still in Beta, as we are still working on it.
It will be prettied up after we fix the bugs, and I am moving to that as it is a launcher for the community I started up (similar reasons as to why JadedCat's packs are Curse only), but the launcher currently uses Java 8 only, so if that is why you are crashing (because you are using java 7 or below) then simple solution is to update (vanilla MC will require it soon)

As for your requirements:
1) The launcher works, but as stated above, if you are using Java 7 or below, it will crash. And we also allow guests to post on the TR forums launcher issues thread, so you don't need to have an account to get your issues fixed. Also, any crashes a user experiences instantly gets sent to the launcher devs (assuming you are online when you crash)
2) I previously stated I won't be maintaining the pack on FTB any more
3) I won't stop you, I understand that waiting isn't everyone's game.

1.) Using Java 8 Update 60 Build b27, afaik the most up to date version. And yes, I'm usually online. ;)
2.) That I did read, that's why I assumed that not seeing the packcode meant there is none anymore. And as stated, Magzies answer did help, I had a first look (till the whole FTB package ctded, but that's probably rather a java problem, as I had another java app active, which might have interfered.).
3.) I've got no problem with waiting. The harsh words were directed at the fanboy with his useless answer, not at you. I know perfectly well that a modmakers can't answer quickly... just get annoyed if fanboys insist on ... well screaming "everythings fine" instead of giving people more knowledgable (or with better eyesight ;) a hance to answer.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh right, well if you have any insight into why the TR launcher was crashing (even if it's just "I load it, and it crashes") then we can get it fixed sooner :)

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Not going to quote any posts as I am responding to a few of the ones since I last posted. Bastian-Bux, I believe ZephyrWindSpirit was being nasty toward me, not you, and to be honest, while he was rude, I did say that the TR client was horrible, and he seemed to defend it. Perhaps my words were harsh, but that launcher just didn't run for me.

I'm on Java 8, 64-bit, and when I ran the launcher yesterday it popped up with an empty console window, and just closed after a few seconds with no log, console text, or error messages. Perhaps it couldn't connect to the server? Who knows, because it gave no indications why it didn't run. I just tried it just now and it loaded just fine. Nothing has changed between the two attempts, so I'm guessing it is some connection issue. I don't care much about what the launcher looks like, but more about how it functions.

Magzie, keepInventory is helpful when I remember to use it. I more have a problem with the fact that I died to a rocket creeper explosion, and it deleted inventory items instead of dropping them on the ground.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
what java are you using? When is the last time you updated java?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Not going to quote any posts as I am responding to a few of the ones since I last posted. Bastian-Bux, I believe ZephyrWindSpirit was being nasty toward me, not you, and to be honest, while he was rude, I did say that the TR client was horrible, and he seemed to defend it. Perhaps my words were harsh, but that launcher just didn't run for me.

I'm on Java 8, 64-bit, and when I ran the launcher yesterday it popped up with an empty console window, and just closed after a few seconds with no log, console text, or error messages. Perhaps it couldn't connect to the server? Who knows, because it gave no indications why it didn't run. I just tried it just now and it loaded just fine. Nothing has changed between the two attempts, so I'm guessing it is some connection issue. I don't care much about what the launcher looks like, but more about how it functions.

Magzie, keepInventory is helpful when I remember to use it. I more have a problem with the fact that I died to a rocket creeper explosion, and it deleted inventory items instead of dropping them on the ground.
It is posted on the java site you have to have both 32 and 64 bit download of java if you have a 64 bit oper system. I assume you downloaded both? I start it first thing every map unless it is one of those maps that works better without it on. you can always just take the creepers out. :) I believe java is up to 60 now? Also makes sure you guys run the scan for old javas. Also make sure you don't have java stuck on or are running another minecraft.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason ticon tool upgrading is disabled? Seems a bit wasteful that I have to make a new tool each time I change materials instead of just changing out the head.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Is there any reason ticon tool upgrading is disabled? Seems a bit wasteful that I have to make a new tool each time I change materials instead of just changing out the head.

Haven't seen the mods but the tool upgrading is not native ticon so maybe that mod is not included?

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently it's not. It's been so long since I played with JUST ticon without iguana's tinker's tweaks. Apparently that's the mod that allows it. I'm just so used to being able to upgrade my tools...

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got it to work as well. Same situation as with Deterium:

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Did you deactivate millenaire? it shows up in the launchers modlist, but NOT in ingame modlist nor ingame. Works fine in the FTB version though.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
try pressing v when you log in. if it is in it will scan the area.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Apparently it's not. It's been so long since I played with JUST ticon without iguana's tinker's tweaks. Apparently that's the mod that allows it. I'm just so used to being able to upgrade my tools...
If IT for tico is in when you scroll over the tools they will have a xp total. If that is the case you will need to level the tool to get a mod slot. I know IT gives it allot more mods then normal in most cases.

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
try pressing v when you log in. if it is in it will scan the area.

That was the first I did actually once the world was established. ;) And the first sign that something is askew... as it didn't do anything. As said, the launcher (which works now for some reason) lists millenaire as part of the modpack.

The log shows the following lines containing the word millenaire:

[09:15:08] [Client thread/INFO]: FML has found a non-mod file millenaire.zip in your mods directory. It will now be injected into your classpath. This could severe stability issues, it should be removed if possible.

Yep that's all ... so it seems the mod isn't identified and thereby not loaded correctly.

EDIT: ok seems I found the bug. Seems the launcher isn't extracting the millenaire.zip correctly. Did so manually and now it works. Sigh ... I shouldn't do such things and instead make more videos but well...

Last edited:

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
After a day or so to cool my head, (responding to harsh words at 4am is not my smartest idea) I apologize Bastian.
I did not intend to sound nasty, or rude.
Way I took it was you were calling the pack horrible, and the launcher horrible.
I enjoy the pack, but I have not played on the launcher yet. So I have invalid evidence of whether or not the launcher is misbehaving.
So I am sorry.
I do enjoy Ingenuity, and I hope you enjoy it too.

Reactions: jordsta95

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, is there an easy way to automatically collect water? Because I feel like I've really overcomplicated this...

Vanilla redstone (dispenser) to fill empty bucket. The filled bucket is carried via omnidirectional hoppers to a dropper, which tosses it by a Pneumatic liquid hopper, which drains the water. The now empty bucket is then returned to the starting point.

So is there an easier way which takes up less space than 9x7x3?

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
sojourner's sash is broken. When powered, it gives the speed boost, but not the auto-step boost.