[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
-hugs good computer- Less then 2 minutes to load this pack.
What's the verdict on Iguana Tweaks? Any other mods in the running?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
-hugs good computer- Less then 2 minutes to load this pack.
What's the verdict on Iguana Tweaks? Any other mods in the running?
Iguana Tweaks is in a state of "if I can be arsed to fiddle with it"
As for other mods, OpenModularTurrets. But it needs to remove its dependency on thermal expansion first

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Iguana Tweaks is in a state of "if I can be arsed to fiddle with it"
As for other mods, OpenModularTurrets. But it needs to remove its dependency on thermal expansion first
I'm going to suggest FastLeafDecay, and... what was that other one.... Oh. -snaps fingers- Extra Tico.
Manasteel rapier sword for the win!
It is worth it to fiddle with it, yes? -nods happily-

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think adding IT in the wouldn't really would do much for the pack and would add more focus onto tico when it is just in for tool support. I think you could do without putting it in. Not only that it would disable reg tools used by villagers and I don't know how mill does the tools for that mod and if that would cause problems with mill.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I think adding IT in the wouldn't really would do much for the pack and would add more focus onto tico when it is just in for tool support. I think you could do without putting it in. Not only that it would disable reg tools used by villagers and I don't know how mill does the tools for that mod and if that would cause problems with mill.
Fair enough. I gave Iguana Tweaks the config from my Agrarian Skies 2 client, and added Waila Harvestability, as when you download it fresh, nothing's configured.
We'll see how long I survive. This new world doesn't have Pams, and I'll miss it.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Keep a watch on the villagers while they work and let us know if it changes from default.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Well, since the village I am camping is an agricultural village, it does not make any stone/sand/glass/etc stuff for itself. That'll all be sold in by me. So far, they're upgrading and working fine, but no smiths or quarries to check against.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
So far, the villagers are unaffected by iguana tweaks. I think its only the player who's affected.
I also found a pretty good way of racking up reputation with the villagers. Sell wool, buy clay.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience not all villages buy wool or sell clay
True, but the villagers probably have another trade that you can buy and sell for the same price. Its a good source of rep is what I'm saying.
So much traveling... I've put passive anchors in two different villages, one Norman, one Byzantine. No Indian or Japanese yet, so I'm working to afford the wand of summoning.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Japan has a fishing thing and you can buy cooked fish. O always sell iron shovel. Or stone tools.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any changes to Millenaire in this modpack?
Alterations to the normal cultures, new cultures, new lone buildings, the marriage addon, etc?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I sorta abandoned this project as I started working on Temporal Reality, so I never really got around to adding cool addons, and such

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well seeing as it's a community, no.
However, the liklihood of us creating a pack/updating this pack over there, that isn't something that is out of the question (I would like to see packs that are based more on the lesser used mods)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Well seeing as it's a community, no.
However, the liklihood of us creating a pack/updating this pack over there, that isn't something that is out of the question (I would like to see packs that are based more on the lesser used mods)
Competition for feed-the-beast.com? Are we allowed to talk about that here?

EDIT:
That is a serious question fyi and not me being sarcastic lol

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Competition for feed-the-beast.com? Are we allowed to talk about that here?

EDIT:
That is a serious question fyi and not me being sarcastic lol
Yes and no.
You can talk about it in a passive way (e.g. "Hey I am playing <pack> on <not ftb launcher>, any ideas how to do <thing>"), though people may say "we can't help you" there are others who are happy to help. You can also add it to your own thread (such as "get this on the FTB launcher with <code> or find it on the <not ftb launcher> with <code>").
Then there's more of an in-between, where you could be advising/informing, but could also be seen as advertising (this would usually mean going into someone else's thread and saying "I wouldn't know about the FTB launcher, but I know <not FTB launcher> can do...")
Then the obvious no is blatant advertising (creating a thread/posting on multiple threads saying "check out <not ftb>.com, we have cookies" or whatever)

However, this thread? I would assume it's the maybe verging on a yes, sort of scenario, seeing as this is a thread about my pack, talking about things I am doing with it. And seeing as Temporal Reality is a project I work on, and I am looking into continuing Ingenious/remaking it for TR, then I don't see how it falls under blatant advertising... Though I may be wrong.

But yes, you can talk about competition for FTB on the forums, but there are exceptions to how you talk about it. It's sorta like talking about "sensitive subjects" almost anywhere, you can talk about them, but only with a certain tone of voice/motive/reason.

Reactions: Padfoote