1.7.10 Infinity Is Nothing

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Previously on ScottulusMaximus...
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-my-ivory-tower.53742/

PROUDLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY STIFF NIPPLES
Your Friendly AirCon Repairers
So with all my other builds people ask how I did it, so I'm going to show you this time. I'll be updating this post as I progress.

INFO

Modpack:
FTB Infinity 1.7.10 1.10.1

Added Mods(will edit as I add):
Morph 0.9.2
Treecapitator 2.0.4
AppleCore 1.1.0
Hunger Overhaul 1.0.0
Spice Of life 1.2.3

Removed Mods(will edit as I remove):
Hats-4.0.1
mystcraft-1.7.10-0.11.5.00
HatStand-4.0.0
Headcrumbs-1.3.1

Seed: ScottulusMaximus_1_7_10

IMAGES IN "SPOILERS"

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1: A Hole In The Ground
Absolutely awesome seed, spawned right close here, flew around with GraviSuit to preload some chunks but that's all.

LKwk3Ll.jpg

Where everyone must begin, a hole, a few farms and a shaft to y10:

8WfYq3k.png

Z4W3OPY.png

fZwwQaJ.png

A few tools, a grindstone and some storage. And so it begins.

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
This series looks promising. I look forward to it greatly.
By the way, what is more efficient: to build a grindstone early or to make a tinker's smeltery as soon as you have grout?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I do grindstone as soon as I get the 3 quartz. Use it to grind up iron so I can make the iron tools, watering can and bucket. Got lucky this world and never used any iron before I could double it. As for what's more efficient I would def say Smeltery as it doubles and smelts simultaneously without you having to stand there. I'll get one running ASAP but I'm only about an 2 1/2 hours into the world.

I avoid the project red gem tools for picks, axes and shovels as I find them a bit too easy but that's just personal preference. I use the gems for hoes, sickles etc tho so I make one early on and never worry about it again until months later.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2: Some are more equal than others
Not much progress today, just a tree farm, animal farm and some mining.

3dQyI2d.jpg

For noobs reading it's important to get your farms in quickly for later. Mining is instant, farms need time to grow and it'll help you loads later on, for example when you need leather and sugar cane for your enchanting. A solid Vanilla foundation will serve you well later and make sure you're not scrambling for resources.

vWCKGwr.png

Simple branch mining at y10, two block gap between tunnels and each tunnel 3 high.

6mC8cPZ.png

Spoils of my mine. During this session I decided wasting iron(which is used for everything) is daft, so have switched to ruby picks. You'll notice that there's no copper or aluminium, I'm thinking it spawns higher so will do some research and start a shaft further up next session.

Still no tinkers as I haven't found a lava lake yet for the smeltery and waiting for aluminium and obsidian to go straight to alumite as well. Will be adding in Iguana Tweaks before the next session as well, will update OP.

Next update will be next week as have Valentines plans.

Last edited:

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
So glad to see another picture through around town, man I can't tell you how much I prefer them to let's plays or videos. Can't wait to see what you do :)!

Reactions: JaRyCu

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Very nice. Not much for Iguana Tweaks myself, but I don't tend to play in the kind of style that works well with it.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 3: Death makes fools of us all
Added: Iguana Tweaks 2.1.2

Not too much progress as got bogged down in the Iguana Tweaks progression(wanted to be able to upgrade, forgot about the complete nerfing of all other tools), up to bronze and am able to make an alumite head now. First death from a zombie spawner and finally found a nice underground lava lake.

hA9ZlCk.png

Expansion of the hole in the ground for more storage, keep everything well organised whoever is out there reading. Makes everything a hell of a lot easier.

UOcOOIb.png

Tinkers set up.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 4: Weeeeeee Splat
Added: Treecapitator 2.0.4(can't stand chopping down apocatrees by hand)

Up to an alumite pick and shovel so happy there, built a mob fall trap to get ender pearls and some more mining and farming. A couple more deaths from falling off the thing as well;)

vHk8dHR.jpg

Not much to look at at the moment but plans to turn it into a disk like @rhn's atrium from his thread. Shameless steal I know but will fit in perfect with my world design. To my readers, don't be afraid of building something that looks like shyte at first, have a plan in mind and when you can improve on it.

U3fwJLO.jpg

Shot of the inside showing how it works, did a dirt floor so I can just add in cursed earth later. No light control yet as I haven't been to the nether for glowstone. Please note this is an incredibly inefficient design, a square 23x23 version is much better but did this for aesthetic purposes.

AbWexpZ.png

Sorting and storage for mob trap, was a bit stuck without itemducts but auto-output on vacuum hoppers saved me in conjunction with a few gold pipes to get things speedy and clay insertion pipes.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Day 4 Weeeeeee Splat
Added: Treecapitator 2.0.4(can't stand chopping down apocatrees by hand)

Up to an alumite pick and shovel so happy there, built a mob fall trap to get ender pearls and some more mining and farming. A couple more deaths from falling off the thing as well;)

vHk8dHR.jpg

Not much to look at at the moment but plans to turn it into a disk like @rhn's atrium from his thread. Shameless steal I know but will fit in perfect with my world design. To my readers, don't be afraid of building something that looks like shyte at first, have a plan in mind and when you can improve on it.

U3fwJLO.jpg

Shot of the inside showing how it works, did a dirt floor so I can just add in cursed earth later. No light control yet as I haven't been to the nether for glowstone. Please note this is an incredibly inefficient design, a square 23x23 version is much better but did this for aesthetic purposes.

AbWexpZ.png

Sorting and storage for mob trap, was a bit stuck without itemducts but auto-output on vacuum hoppers saved me in conjunction with a few gold pipes to get things speedy and clay insertion pipes.
Something out of my current world would indeed fit in to that location very well ;)

I strongly recommend the "Building Guide"s from OpenBlocks for making those discs. Their sphere and cylinder modes (and possibility of dyeing each one individually) are super handy.

If you are interested I got some size settings for them that I found makes perfect matching up discs(the ones I have made my base out of).

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Something out of my current world would indeed fit in to that location very well ;)

I strongly recommend the "Building Guide"s from OpenBlocks for making those discs. Their sphere and cylinder modes (and possibility of dyeing each one individually) are super handy.

If you are interested I got some size settings for them that I found makes perfect matching up discs(the ones I have made my base out of).

Thnx but I've got a circle chart I refer to. This is the only "disk" that will be in my base(bored of circular bases after my last one), just got the idea from your disk embedded in the mountain so using that with a few tweaks when I saw my world gen would fit it perfectly.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thnx but I've got a circle chart I refer to. This is the only "disk" that will be in my base(bored of circular bases after my last one), just got the idea from your disk embedded in the mountain so using that with a few tweaks when I saw my world gen would fit it perfectly.
Np. I just prefer the Building guides when it comes to 3-dimentional curvatures :p

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Np. I just prefer the Building guides when it comes to 3-dimentional curvatures :p

Ya it makes things 1000x easier, used to actually use MFFS to make them before the building guide came along. Can be more useful as you can place the blocks directly onto the forcefield blocks.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 5: And Multiple Rage-Quits Later
Sorry for the delay folks, less said about it the better so moving on...

On the equipment front I've got myself a hardened jet pack, manamana pick(RF) and sword, some forestry backpacks and a redstone flux capacitor so I don't get stuck halfway across the world when my jetpack runs out.

Other than that a LOT of mining so looking good on the resource front although as usual gold is the Achilles heal.

Progress!!!:

gQt5OqC.png

A humble machine room right next to my Hole In The Ground, purposefully built like crap so I can't get lazy and leave it there. Entirely temporary.

f2RtnG8.png

Go on, make a more compact lava pump, I dare you.

7oMKUkt.jpg

The town taking shape. Plan is a bunch of separate buildings each with their own theme for different mods/areas all connected with an elevated walkway. Circular towers will give you access up and down as well as sit where walkways join. All very very basic for now, will enclose walkways etc in the future and it won't be cobble...

In the mountain to the bottom left of the UFO spawner is where I'll move my main processing facility. Still need ideas on a rad mountain base?

Bottom left of shot is where the greenhouse for botania is starting to take shape. Not very imaginative using a greenhouse but I'm gonna build the shit outta it;)

For the newbies(if there's any reading), instead of just flattening the terrain rather use it. Incorporate it into your builds, easiest way to do it is to use the natural terrain to "support" your structures ie: make it look as if the ground is holding up your buildings. This one simply design decision can be a massive help in the aesthetics of your builds.

Before that though you gotta plan! Work out distances before you place the first block of ANYTHING, keep that in mind and you'll be amazed how many things just fit together. And ALWAYS use odd numbers when building, ALWAYS.

Last edited:

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
if you were to make a extra utils lava generator it will be given lava from the pump directly in turn powering the pump with tank on top of pump. just needs one bucket to be jumpstarted only takes 3 block spaces most compact i can think of.

other than that i like how you used 4 different mods together to accoplish the task you needed down. well done.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseract and pump is the most compact you can get, it does require more ender pearls.
Well then somewhere else is the power to produce that energy your transporting gotta add that in to size. At least IMO it should with the lava generator and pump the energy is produced and pump powered in only 2 blocks the tank is storage so only 3 blocks total.