[1.7.10] ImpactFlux Modpack - Version 1.0.0 [HQM, 400+ Quests, Hardcore]

Kakwyf

Jul 29, 2019
When I saw the 'buildcraft' folder in the config folder, I got excited! This because I am working on my base and the filler (or the 1.7 equivalent) would really help me right now. I noticed however that BC itself isn't in the modpack. So I wondered what that folder is doing there? Also, before I add it in myself, is there an alternative I can use in the pack? There may be one revealed in the questline, as I have not finished that yet, but I don't want to build my base after I complete those 400 or so quests.. Thanks in advance!
Note that it's for clearing out large numbers of stone underground, so the builders wand doesn't help with that. A TiC hammer will be useful so I will make one but I am looking for something that can clear like a 35*11*55 area in a fast way. I don't have access to a large amount of LP and a bound pickaxe yet.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well... he probably is using the FTB universal config pack that already has most of the ID's config solved (when they were an issue).
It just brings all the configs to almost all the mods, even if you dont use the mod. But I think this config pack was for 1.6.4. I dont think there is one for 1.7.10 yet.

I would delete the configs for BuildCraft and add the module, since ID conflits is a thing of the past and the mod will also regenerate the proper file for the proper version.

Keep in mind that the Filler got a HUGE nerf. Is damn slow now. Its so slow that you would mine faster with a diamond pickaxe with Efficiency III!

Zeebo30

Jul 29, 2019
Am i the only one who isn't getting the extra hearts from the tinkers heart canisters? They don't seem to be doing anything. I put them in their correct slots on the tinkers armor gui but no extra hearts. I have 4 yellow and a green one

Kakwyf

Jul 29, 2019
They work fine with me. Have you tried any item that gives you regeneration? Maybe then it will work.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
You start with two open quests, both asking for a block of dirt. One gives the adventure mode, the other unlocks everything and gives the build mod

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk
no its actually in the quest book dude

Load's up new instance, checks the Quest Book

Damn.
My mistake, I've played a couple of instances now and didn't see/notice that quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1413714524][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well... he probably is using the FTB universal config pack that already has most of the ID's config solved (when they were an issue).
It just brings all the configs to almost all the mods, even if you dont use the mod. But I think this config pack was for 1.6.4. I dont think there is one for 1.7.10 yet.

I would delete the configs for BuildCraft and add the module, since ID conflits is a thing of the past and the mod will also regenerate the proper file for the proper version.

Keep in mind that the Filler got a HUGE nerf. Is damn slow now. Its so slow that you would mine faster with a diamond pickaxe with Efficiency III!
1.7 Removed Item ID's...

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just ran into this exact issue: The problem is if you use either the sword or pickaxe before turning in this quest, you cannot turn it in. The book, I assume, checks for the base versions of the tools, but Iguana Tweaks adds experience to them; if an item has gained experience at all, I assume the metadata changes, and it doesn't register for the quest properly.

I'm not sure how to fix it, honestly, so it might be in your best interest to use NEI to spawn in the tool parts (wood pickaxe head, paper binding, netherrack tool rod) and the tool station to put them together. That /should/ work, and then you can just get rid of the cheated items after completing the quest.

Ohhhh.... I was wondering about this, too. I apparently used all of the tools (decided to set up camp before continuing other quests, and even made Thermal Expansion tables). I tried repairing them with oak and birch wood in the tool forge, and the quest didn't trigger. So, I wind up making a stone pickaxe to mine iron so that I can make a bucket and make a cheap nether portal just to get to the Nether. Then I resorted to trying to get flint the vanilla way... :)

Hey guys, doing some testing on this pack yesterday to see if I wanted to dive into it, I found a pretty sick seed. You spawn right near a dungeon, huge village with smeltery, and tons of villagers to trade with. Also there are plains/animals all around and a big cave opening right nearby to start mining. From trial and error I would suggest setting up camp a ways from the village. The first time I found it, I setup in the village and a meteor came and ruined my day. :/

Seed: -1378653560468388048

I may have found a similar seed - "I call shenanagans!" (I think that's how I typed it), but the numeric version is: -1358905161
It's right next to a mesa biome.

The one thing about this modpack, though, with the meteors, I feel like if you stay in one area too long, everything will eventually be pummeled down to bedrock.

Last edited:

Zeebo30

Jul 29, 2019
They work fine with me. Have you tried any item that gives you regeneration? Maybe then it will work.
I did try that and still nothing. I haven't modified the pack at all so I really don't know what's causing it but it's bothersome. I mean it's not like it's detrimental to my gameplay but I did earn those so I'd like to use them you know?

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
New issue : all thing using Singularity in their recipe (like ender chest/tank) cant be crafted because some of them are sharing the same recipe

Hydryad

Jul 29, 2019
I am really enjoying your pack, currently playing around with the 1.2 version. A github page is mentioned but it has not been updated since September, and I was wondering if there is a different location that has more up to date info on the mod development? Almost seems like you have fallen off the face of the earth for the past 3 weeks or so, but perhaps I am just out of the loop. Thanks for taking the time to put together all these quests and such, I enjoy the frantic nature of the beginning, even if the rogue-like dungeons rend my anus asunder.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I am really enjoying your pack, currently playing around with the 1.2 version. A github page is mentioned but it has not been updated since September, and I was wondering if there is a different location that has more up to date info on the mod development? Almost seems like you have fallen off the face of the earth for the past 3 weeks or so, but perhaps I am just out of the loop. Thanks for taking the time to put together all these quests and such, I enjoy the frantic nature of the beginning, even if the rogue-like dungeons rend my anus asunder.

I noticed that aswell, it seems ImpactFlux is either really busy with personal life, or dropped the project.

Hono123

Jul 29, 2019
I have played this modpack for a while now with no crashes or anything, but all of a sudden, I can't go into my world for some reason....
Here's the crash report:
http://pastebin.com/Zxm8X4qY
Seems to be a problem with hqm

Any idea on how to fix it?

guille2015

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've played for about 3 hours or so in Single Player. Everything was fine until I started looking for a village. I traveled about 2 Km from my home which was very close to my spawn point, and the game stopped registering what I did. I can move around but there are no block updates, new chunks loaded and I can't get hurt or even access any crafting table,chests or bags. When I close the client the game hangs closing game and I have to force shut the game. It does not seem to generate a crash report that I know off.

Per1970

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to state my enjoyment in playing this pack. Had a couple of people join me the other day, and they didn't catch on to the whole "sky is falling" bit :D

It was hillarious when one of them ha a close shave with a meteor :)..

So thanks ImpactFlux!! :D

Zeebo30

Jul 29, 2019
Still having issues with the heart canister thing but it seems it isn't just Impact Flux or even a 1.7 thing as it's happening to me in Running Red too. Idk why they aren't working. Am I doing something wrong?