[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I speculate that Minecraft's worldgen function automatically creates a 'Beach' technical biome every time an Ocean borders any other biome. So you can set worldgen to say, "There's only two biomes...Ocean and Tainted Land." And Minecraft will gleefully agree...and then generate Beaches at their intersections, and the Beach overrides the tainted land.

I've also spotted River biomes that are clear of taint, so those must be added in automatically as well, along the 'fault lines' where different biomes would normally have been.

And Hubris then reduces the rate at which Tainted Lands spread, so those technical biomes don't get consumed very quickly.

Blightfall's map is, as you noted, not the product of Minecraft's worldgen, so it doesn't have that happening in it...and in fact, it also has different 'biomes' that are tainted, which is normally not possible. Tainted Land is Tainted Land, if it worldgens. There's no such thing as 'tainted plains,' 'tainted jungle' or other biome variants.
You may be right about Hubris's worldgen, in which case chances are a custom mod would be required to do this. Unless of course one already exists, in which case we're good to go. I've also seen Rivers that are clear of taint, but they dry up as Flux Goo from all the trees around flows in and destroys the water. However, the biome doesn't change no matter how many Tainted nodes are near it, and in fact I've so far found no way to convert Rivers or Beaches to Tainted Lands. Not that I've tried too hard, since I've been busy trying to actually progress in the game.
As for the Blightfall map, I'm pretty sure how he did that was by using natural worldgen to make the world, and then overriding ALL biomes with Tainted Lands except for some select areas. He then probably waited a bit in all the sections to make the Taint progress somewhat and make it look the way it does. I feel like if the worldgen for Hubris did that it would be a lot more interesting, though you'd have to code it separately to convert the world to Taint after everything has generated. If Oceans and Rivers are needed to remain untainted that could also be part of the code but invincible beaches and those other technical biomes could all be tainted this way.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Beach biomes were originally covered in crusted taint, however a few versions ago I removed that feature because it would destroy the FPS of users on lower-end computers. I decided to make the switch back to grass for the sake of playability.

Minecraft beaches are very hard to get rid of and disable, and I can't make any more radical changes of the pack since over 60,000 users have installed it.

Sins of Atonement, another tainted pack, had a mod specifically written for world gen, I am attempting to depend on climate control, extra biomes and biome tweaker.
I think you mean Fibrous taint? :eek:
Anyway, I feel like it would be nice if the beach were at least covered in sand rather than grass so that you can tell that it's a beach and not just be like "Wtf? Where's the Ethereal Bloom?"

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh these memories you awakened... Wonderful waterfalls dyed in vivid purple all over the place! And those cute little entities splashing in the waters. Growing bigger. Only soon to realise why some people correlate this colour with death!
TL;DR - Computers don't like purple.
Neither feminist cults wandering half-dressed.

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
do me a favor and google drivers for computers and how to update them, as i can't remember exactly how atm, sorry i can't be more helpful.

adamvan2000

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you add this mod?!!?11?!?/!?1/1/1?
If you think a mod would fit in nicely, throw down a comment or send me a message. I try to respond and consider everything that is said in the thread. This pack was created and molded by your feed back - keep it coming!

What about http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227328-thaumcraft-node-tracker/2247224

For a pack that has a lot of Thaumcraft stuff, I was surprised not to see this in the list. It's VERY handy for keeping track of allll the nodes in the worlds. :D I was surprised this wasn't suggested already when I did a quick search of this thread. My apologies if It already was and I missed it.

Thanks for an awesome pack! I love it! :D

Delfugos

Jul 29, 2019
DrasticDemise do you know the mod Custom NPC? Could you add this mod to your modpack? Because with this mod you could make that a Tainted Mage or something like this can spawn at a chance of 0,1% who use ars magica spells. With this mod you could give your modpack something new, something interesting. I am a big fan of your Modpack and I hope your modpack gets a "hype" that everyone wants to play your modpack. Its very amazing

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
This golemancers bell crash bug is really annoying .. impossible to use golems at all because of it.
Crafting one, creative spawn, quest one. All either kicks you out or its a instant CTD.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
What about http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227328-thaumcraft-node-tracker/2247224

For a pack that has a lot of Thaumcraft stuff, I was surprised not to see this in the list. It's VERY handy for keeping track of allll the nodes in the worlds. :D I was surprised this wasn't suggested already when I did a quick search of this thread. My apologies if It already was and I missed it.

Thanks for an awesome pack! I love it! :D
I feel like since the rate of node spawns has been buffed so hard this isn't really needed, it's not like you have to go far to find a node with a particular aspect. In the area I started there were about 20 nodes within 3-4 chunks of me and they allowed to recharge my wands whenever I needed it.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to automatically spawn and kill things in this pack? wanna make a cultist farm for knowledge fragments, etc.
Maybe the Wrath Cage? I'm not sure about that, though, and it's quite late-game for Thaumcraft.
An easier source of knowledge fragments is the Think Tank, just put up one of those and feed it books (which are plentiful in all the ruins and tainted villages) and you'll have a huge supply of them.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
interesting... what addon mod is the think tank from?
It's from Thaumic Exploration[TX], I believe. It's not at all hard to make if you have Infusion set up. The research prerequisites are:
Magic Tallow[Alchemy]>Flesh Purification>Brain Sanitization>Think Tank

If you've gone into Runic Dungeons, this should absolutely be your prime source of research fragments. Harvest the bookshelves in a few of those library rooms and you're basically good. Not to mention that Runic Dungeons aren't even hard to get into, there's no reason not to do it.

clovs

Jul 29, 2019
So if someone can help me. I was exploring a dungeon and a gravity creeper tried to explode and now my games frozen. I'm able to move around in the one and only chunk that was loaded. Is there something I can do to make sure this doesn't happen every time I log into the world?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So if someone can help me. I was exploring a dungeon and a gravity creeper tried to explode and now my games frozen. I'm able to move around in the one and only chunk that was loaded. Is there something I can do to make sure this doesn't happen every time I log into the world?
Spoiler a link to a pastebin of your console log when you load the world please.

sauCEPan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,
so me and my friend have been living in the purple land for past two weeks ane we are almost done with the whole HQM, but we are hopelessly stuck at the end of Thaumcraft.
Can anyone please tell me how to get to that Taintacle ring? I thing i have tried everything, searched the dungeons, searched the lands around us, tainted the island in the ocean, tainted twilight forest, untainted and tainted land and still have no idea where to get taintacles, or is there a different way to the ring? i have done all the researches I could in Thaumonomicon, i got the Primordial pearl from the crimson dungeon...
I am really out of ideas here...
The other thing we cant figure out is the Corpse Effigy. How does one get that?
Thank you for any help.

Otherwise this is one awesome modepack. Great job! It's challenging and fun. I would definitely Add Tier 6 Altar quests for blood magic :)
Keep up the good work!

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,
so me and my friend have been living in the purple land for past two weeks ane we are almost done with the whole HQM, but we are hopelessly stuck at the end of Thaumcraft.
Can anyone please tell me how to get to that Taintacle ring? I thing i have tried everything, searched the dungeons, searched the lands around us, tainted the island in the ocean, tainted twilight forest, untainted and tainted land and still have no idea where to get taintacles, or is there a different way to the ring? i have done all the researches I could in Thaumonomicon, i got the Primordial pearl from the crimson dungeon...
I am really out of ideas here...
The other thing we cant figure out is the Corpse Effigy. How does one get that?
Thank you for any help.

Otherwise this is one awesome modepack. Great job! It's challenging and fun. I would definitely Add Tier 6 Altar quests for blood magic :)
Keep up the good work!

Corpse effigy is crafted with an (arcane) workbench. Its from thaumic horizons and you need to research it ofc to be able to craft it.

EDIT: i think you need to scan taintacles to be able to research the taintacle ring. I know the spawnrate of those is extremely low...

sauCEPan

Jul 29, 2019
Corpse effigy is crafted with an (arcane) workbench. Its from thaumic horizons and you need to research it ofc to be able to craft it.

EDIT: i think you need to scan taintacles to be able to research the taintacle ring. I know the spawnrate of those is extremely low...

I do know i need a research, the problem is how to get it, go somewhere? kill something, scan something? as I said I finished all researches i could in thaumonomicon (not all that is possible ofc) but i just dont know how to unlock others
As for the taintacles i searched pretty much evrywhere in 4000 radius with no luck :-/ It would be great to have some sort of ritual to lure them out
Anyway thanks for help

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.6.0
  • Fixed Recall Stones *finally*

Updated the following mods:
  • Automagy
  • Bibliocraft
  • Botania
  • Blood Magic
  • Carpenters Blocks
  • Chisel
  • Hardcore Ender Expansion
  • Special Mobs
  • Tainted Magic
  • Thaumic Infusion
  • Storage Drawers

Thorandan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I am really enjoying hubris and I love both the idea behind it and the implementation of that idea. Just a quick question: I know I saw in some earlier posts that the belt of flight is supposed to be disabled. Is this still true? Because it works for me