[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Schematix

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I examined the differences between a fresh server file and a fresh client file's modlists. I suspect a majority of these are just clientside mods, but this is what I found.

CustomMainMenu
DefaultWorldGenerator
InventoryTweaks
NeiAddons
NeiIntergration
Ratmod
Resourceloader
All were in the client, but not the server.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/31yz44/help_nei_is_giving_me_a_fatal_error/

Heyo! Having some trouble with NEI and I was looking around for solutions. I'm currently running a 1.3.1 server and when I looked up the uses for chimerite it began crashing me everytime I joined the server listing the reason as a fatal error has occurred, connection terminated. I don't know if the information in the link is true or not, but I figured I might as well ask about it. Could some of our issues on servers be caused by this?

Edit: I don't plan on updating my pack to 1.4.1 or whatever else may come, not worth the risk for the updates we receive.

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
If You dont update to 1.4.1 You will not finish quests... Kiling winter guardian from AM2 quest line or ender dragon from Main quest line will not work. Along with a few more minor updates.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
You can right-click knowledge fragments to get primal research points. My point was that, due to the huge amount of structures, getting a ton of books is easy and once you have three or four think tanks set up it becomes the best way, at least at my stage in the game.

The thing with Warp is that I'm scared to research the "opening the eye" thing because I really don't want infernal eldritch guardians murdering me. It's already happened once, that one had about 1000 health and I didn't have great gear at the time... Basically until I can get a bunch of bath salts and soap I won't be doing this.

What's the best way to get elemental shards? I've tried mining but they're not that common, a typical mining trip for me ends with about 20 of each shard, but that's a good half hour of work... Is there any way to automate them?

Well, with blood armor i don't need to fear eldritch guardians - their darkness projectile gets reflected by the whirlwind sigil in my armor. If anything, i hate the "Run! They are everywhere!" mind spider attack (where i just fly) and the "unnatural hunger" more (why you always should be carrying 4 zombie flesh with you) more.

And you have to mine for elemental shards. (Or you find some in dungeons, but i doubt it will be enough) Perhaps you should upgrade your mining method ? Terrashatterer with tons of mana to drown it in is the easiest solution, but using Dig+Aoe+Radius+Pierce spell is good also. (Or just dig+Aoe, just spam it) There is also a relativly new silver skill to get fortune/looting on your spells... forgot the name and the aquisition method though. Of course, the terrashatterer can be enchanted with fortune too. I would also recommend to upgrade the terrashatterer with elementium so you don't drown in cobblestone. In any case, i would highly recommend to make the covetous ring from witching gatchets.

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with blood armor i don't need to fear eldritch guardians - their darkness projectile gets reflected by the whirlwind sigil in my armor. If anything, i hate the "Run! They are everywhere!" mind spider attack (where i just fly) and the "unnatural hunger" more (why you always should be carrying 4 zombie flesh with you) more.

And you have to mine for elemental shards. (Or you find some in dungeons, but i doubt it will be enough) Perhaps you should upgrade your mining method ? Terrashatterer with tons of mana to drown it in is the easiest solution, but using Dig+Aoe+Radius+Pierce spell is good also. (Or just dig+Aoe, just spam it) There is also a relativly new silver skill to get fortune/looting on your spells... forgot the name and the aquisition method though. Of course, the terrashatterer can be enchanted with fortune too. I would also recommend to upgrade the terrashatterer with elementium so you don't drown in cobblestone. In any case, i would highly recommend to make the covetous ring from witching gatchets.
I'm using a Fortune III Pickaxe of the Core currently. My problem is just that the shard ores a) don't seem to show up in ore detection for armor and b) are just not common enough.

So there's no way to produce shards?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a Fortune III Pickaxe of the Core currently. My problem is just that the shard ores a) don't seem to show up in ore detection for armor and b) are just not common enough.

No. You might aswell ask if it is possible to produce iron gold and diamonds.

... though maybe the orechid would be an option.

Also, i remembered the name of the silver skill: Prosperity.

EDIT: I actually found a funny interaction with the whirlwind sigil. It deflects the manablasts from manaspreaders!

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Bellethorne from Botania works well for mind spiders, especially if you just leave it floating near areas where you go frequently, but have no other animals or villagers who might get hurt by it.

Orechid seems to work well, though it's mana cost is very heavy. Also, I didn't mine any shards till I had Fortune 3 since I knew they'd be hard to find otherwise.

TBH though, they're not as needed as you might think, you can probably make everything in the tome once with about a stack and a half of each, though Automagy might increase that number due to shards of shards.

On to my issue of the day;
Last night I loaded up, and found that I had somehow acquired infinite "0 Seconds" jump boost. Then, while I was afk and watching something while in Spectre, I somehow acquired infinite "3 Seconds" nausea. Peaceful mode, changing dimensions, removing all warp (not that I had very much), and restarting the entire pack launcher have done nothing, and milk and the Talisman of Remedium do take the debuff away, only for it to be reapplied instantly, resulting in the Talisman quickly losing durability, unless I'm in creative at which point it's just a loop of different particle effects.
I'll be honest, the nausea screen effect is making it impossible to play atm. Anyone know what this is or what I can do to stop it?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Bellethorne from Botania works well for mind spiders, especially if you just leave it floating near areas where you go frequently, but have no other animals or villagers who might get hurt by it.

Orechid seems to work well, though it's mana cost is very heavy. Also, I didn't mine any shards till I had Fortune 3 since I knew they'd be hard to find otherwise.

TBH though, they're not as needed as you might think, you can probably make everything in the tome once with about a stack and a half of each, though Automagy might increase that number due to shards of shards.

Last night I loaded up, and found that I had somehow acquired infinite "0 Seconds" jump boost. Then, while I was afk and watching something while in Spectre, I somehow acquired infinite "3 Seconds" nausea. Peaceful mode, changing dimensions, removing all warp (not that I had very much), and restarting the entire pack launcher have done nothing, and milk and the Talisman of Remedium do take the debuff away, only for it to be reapplied instantly, resulting in the Talisman quickly losing durability, unless I'm in creative at which point it's just a loop of different particle effects.
I'll be honest, the nausea screen effect is making it impossible to play atm. Anyone know what this is or what I can do to stop it?
You can remove your NBT potion effects data, or throw everything in a chest and delete your player data. should fix it.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019

If you are on a server someone may have cursed you right click on a goddess statue

Also make sure you have blood in your blood magic network that can cause perma sick also

Timid

Jul 29, 2019

... though maybe the orechid would be an option.

Also, i remembered the name of the silver skill: Prosperity.

EDIT: I actually found a funny interaction with the whirlwind sigil. It deflects the manablasts from manaspreaders!

I'm actually growing iron, gold, diamonds, shards, glass, alumentum, nitor/glowstone, soul sand, etc etc........ Thaumic Tinkering..<3

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Whooo, it was the LP Network alright! Glad I didn't have to delete my player data, since I think I'd have ended up deleting all my Thaumcraft and AM2 stuff as well. Anyway, nausea is gone!

I will note though, I still have the weird infinite jump boost for some reason. It doesn't actually seem to do anything, after testing with no armor/baubles/trav. gear, but it remains even after replacing it by drinking from a vial of Jump Boost 2 from Botania, and I've already checked the Occulus. Let's see if the Guardian from the same mod can remove it....

Nope, it can't. Interesting.

Reactions: Paxaxx

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Whooo, it was the LP Network alright! Glad I didn't have to delete my player data, since I think I'd have ended up deleting all my Thaumcraft and AM2 stuff as well. Anyway, nausea is gone!

I will note though, I still have the weird infinite jump boost for some reason. It doesn't actually seem to do anything, after testing with no armor/baubles/trav. gear, but it remains even after replacing it by drinking from a vial of Jump Boost 2 from Botania, and I've already checked the Occulus. Let's see if the Guardian from the same mod can remove it....

Nope, it can't. Interesting.

No affinities from the occulus?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
No affinities from the occulus?

Nope, none above 0.5 or so. I'd assume it's just a graphical glitch given that it isn't actually affecting anything, but then it also comes back no matter what, including having the Gaia Guardian supposedly clear it since it's a less than five seconds buff, so.... *shrug*

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, none above 0.5 or so. I'd assume it's just a graphical glitch given that it isn't actually affecting anything, but then it also comes back no matter what, including having the Gaia Guardian supposedly clear it since it's a less than five seconds buff, so.... *shrug*

sooooooo im hopeing you checked this already but do you have a active beacon that could be doing it to you. or a artifact in your inventory

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019

Erm....you can produce iron and gold via base Thaumcraft. Granted, it's probably simpler to just kill things if you're needing gold.

I'm actually growing iron, gold, diamonds, shards, glass, alumentum, nitor/glowstone, soul sand, etc etc........ Thaumic Tinkering..<3
Hrms....need to start researching stuff in that area.

EDIT: <Unlocks crop infusion, reads entry....>
Heh.....Totally need a bigger farm now.

Last edited:

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Erm....you can produce iron and gold via base Thaumcraft. Granted, it's probably simpler to just kill things if you're needing gold.

Hrms....need to start researching stuff in that area.

EDIT: <Unlocks crop infusion, reads entry....>
Heh.....Totally need a bigger farm now.

Just gonna put this here... c:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Click for super awesome spoilers/help with infused seeds and their produce.

Reactions: Booker The Geek