[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how Artifacts mod disbalanced in this pack. I played with them in Madpack 2, but monster`s power scaling in time and artifacts can help a bit.
Here you have about 100% drop 1 random artifact from rare and unique mobs, and from dungeon chest too. With full set of +2.5 HP diamond artifacts you can kill Wither easily. Disable this mod if you want interesting gameplay through spells without temptation of OP gear drops.
Artifact armor might be a little OP at the beginning, but so usefull :) BTW if you go deep enought into a magic mod, there is always an armor that gonna be more usefull than artifacts ^^
On the server i own, a friend and i have a double chest full of this armors, but we don't use them ... I have my Ars magica armor while he have is terrasteel armor from botania :)
IMO Artifact doesn't disbalance the pack and is really usefull beacause of the tower it add (free food and stuff at beginning easier than battletower),it help deal with infernal mobs at beginning and become quickly useless when you can make your own armors after.

TL;DR : Artifact is good only at beginning and it help have a quick start for exploration,which is the goal of the pack :)

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how Artifacts mod disbalanced in this pack. I played with them in Madpack 2, but monster`s power scaling in time and artifacts can help a bit.
Here you have about 100% drop 1 random artifact from rare and unique mobs, and from dungeon chest too. With full set of +2.5 HP diamond artifacts you can kill Wither easily. Disable this mod if you want interesting gameplay through spells without temptation of OP gear drops.

I can see where you are coming from. Personally, i would make it so that only iron artifact armor would spawn. Granted, other things make the modpack a little imbalanced, but ultimatically, this isn't blood n' bones or magic farm. This is more about exploring magic mods then teeth grinding frustration.

EDIT: I wanted to use an hopper to insert stone automatically, but instead it went ahead put all the stone in the altar - surprised that the blood particles still showed up, i use my sigil of sight and it was true:

I just learned that you can now multicraft slates in the bloodaltar. Awesome!

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

Currently I'm finding that just cranking the server to the higher difficulty setting does amazing things for deathrate, mobcount, and need for better gear. Not worried about the wither, it's that pack of 6 rare and ultra level zombie dogs outside my treehouse, or dropping from the tops of the branches. :) We have been gaining, wearing out, and losing good armor as fast as we get it. One thing that this does is encourages the fun of combat, exploring, and delving into dungeons. More reward for the risk. And if we lose it all, we know more mobs will show up to deliver it.

I played on a server that had normal settings. Few mobs at night, taint didn't seem to spread as fast. Mining was much safer.

Now, can it be unbalanced? Yep, easily. But I see that as a player choice. You choose to play on easy/med/hard difficulty. Choose to have /sethome and /tpa and other plugins that some folks like. Choose to make clever mob traps to generate lots of armor vs hunting down mobs and doing dungeons. Different people enjoy different things. I know that while some things in minecraft are efficient, they also ruin the game for me, so I don't choose to do them.

I really enjoyed Blood n Bones, but it had a lot of 'avoid combat' at all costs feel. I'm having more fun with hubris. Very challenging, but lots of excitement.

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why i love minecraft. No reason for challenge with other players. Dont like mod - disable =)
Good luck. I will try new start without artifacts. Always wanted try Ars Magika as main progress.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
See the thing with artifact armor is its epic from the stuff they may have on them, but if you put more then 2 anvil enchants on them its impossible to repair. All the armor I obtained with 3 or more enchants was impossible to repair. 2 anvil enchants work fine though.

In the end I feel the mage battle armor from am2 is better now that I've switched. It repairs itself with mana, and I was able to get 7 enchants with the anvil on survival on the boots ;)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why i love minecraft. No reason for challenge with other players. Dont like mod - disable =)
Good luck. I will try new start without artifacts. Always wanted try Ars Magika as main progress.
Disabling it may break the quest book since it has artifacts armor as a reward in a quest.

Agent_Ores

Jul 29, 2019
My computer is having a problem with this pack.
Every time I load this pack after loading the following error occurs: error 1286 Invalid frame buffer operation
this error keeps repeating(I looked at the FTB Launcher console and the error refreshed every 1-3 seconds)
The minecraft Screen (The Java Platform Binary thing) is completely white but still playing music sounds form the main menu
If this error is fixable and you(you who replies to this) Please tell me how to do so in the most simplest way you can( I know nothing of how to fix errors like this)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
They would still be peaceful though...

On related news, i can confirm that Twilight Portals now spawn on servers.

Yep, we are using 1.31 and I've found 2 random ones so far. One in a village, one just nestled amonst the taint in a field. Dez and I have a lovely treehouse in the twilight. Trees are made out of wood. Some puppies breath fireballs. I spent 2 hours tonite rebuilding the tree. I think tomorrow I'll go pretty far up the tree, and install water around the trunk, so that if needed i can use a dig spell to break open the water and let it extingiush the tree :)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
My computer is having a problem with this pack.
Every time I load this pack after loading the following error occurs: error 1286 Invalid frame buffer operation
this error keeps repeating(I looked at the FTB Launcher console and the error refreshed every 1-3 seconds)
The minecraft Screen (The Java Platform Binary thing) is completely white but still playing music sounds form the main menu
If this error is fixable and you(you who replies to this) Please tell me how to do so in the most simplest way you can(I know nothing of how to fix errors like this)

Sounds like you may have to uninstall and redownload the pack surrah. Make sure you've backed up any saves you don't want to lose.

wacky444

Jul 29, 2019
We built a grass platform in the ocean biome in order to trigger ars magica meteor falling, but after a week none have fallen, any tips on how to get moonstone?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
We built a grass platform in the ocean biome in order to trigger ars magica meteor falling, but after a week none have fallen, any tips on how to get moonstone?

Make sure that:

- you are in a 32 block radius from the grass
- you go through all of the night, no sleeping

Even then, it exeedingly rare sadly. If that fails, consider making some etheral blooms and finally expand to land. You can get 10 etheral blooms through quests - do some of the quests in the dark tab of the questbook, then get some more from the thaumaturgy tab. Personally, i got my only moonstone while clearing up some taint with the etheral blooms inland. And finally, make sure you have a fortune III pickaxe and the "ring of covetous coin" from witching gatchets when you finally get some moonstone.

Oh, and don't forget that if you have unused spells and items that used moonstone, you can use the arcane deconstructor to get them back.

Last edited:
Reactions: wacky444

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I wanted to use an hopper to insert stone automatically, but instead it went ahead put all the stone in the altar - surprised that the blood particles still showed up, i use my sigil of sight and it was true:

I just learned that you can now multicraft slates in the bloodaltar. Awesome!

Fun fact this functionality has been in BM from day one of slate infusing just keep in mind the cost is still the same so if you are wanting high end slates or blood armor blocks in mass you will need to keep it supplied with blood faster then it drains until it is finished

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
A new thaumcraft dark magic addon is created. Consider adding it? Seems to be a lot of neat stuff themed to warp and taint

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Note to self

Don't place a wither skeleton spawner near the base. Not going to tell you why, just trust me when I say that ><

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Would this pack work with mcmmo and towny? I'm thinking of setting up a server but feel mcmmo fits well and to any for protection

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Fun fact this functionality has been in BM from day one of slate infusing just keep in mind the cost is still the same so if you are wanting high end slates or blood armor blocks in mass you will need to keep it supplied with blood faster then it drains until it is finished

What! I remember that i could only use one at a time back in magic farm 2 ?!

Also, once the well of suffering is being supplied by enough witch spawners, there is little problem having enough life essence for crafting. If anything, my main problem is getting enough blood shards for the armor.

A new thaumcraft dark magic addon is created. Consider adding it? Seems to be a lot of neat stuff themed to warp and taint

What mod do you mean?