[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Ok an interesting bug??(feature?) when it's raining out and clear line to the sky I spaz the f out for no(?) reason. I do have a LOT of warp dunno if related.

PhoenicsThePhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else noticed the tiny little arrow cursor on the main menu screen? I didn't notice it at all until recently, and I've been playing for a few weeks now. it's not mine, it's actually on the background image. it looks quite out of place :p

Attachments

• Cursor.png
    Cursor.png
    745 KB · Views: 84

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, lost two Terrasteel Ingots (not forming), is it an issue of me using regular Mana Spreader instead of Sparks?

Yep, that is likely the problem. It takes half a pool of mana to make each bar of terrasteel, and the regular mana spreaders take *forever* to move that much mana. It might be possible to do it using 8 or 10 pools all focused on the same Agglomerator Plate, but it's a loooot simpler to just use the sparks.

Ok an interesting bug??(feature?) when it's raining out and clear line to the sky I spaz the f out for no(?) reason. I do have a LOT of warp dunno if related.

... Do you also maybe have a high Ender Affinity? Check your Occulus.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm guess it's time to test world to see if config in forbidden magic breaks the game with the wrath cage can spawn anything.

EDIT: the config in forbidden magic wrath cage cries havoc=true works for ars magica mobs so it solves the whole dryad problem with the jarred dryad/hecate/mages.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitefulFox

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
hmm 64.77 air which is agile and light as a feather and 15.53 lightning

Since you are "light as a feather" you get "thrown around" in rain / a storm.

Personally, i would recommend 100% Arcane affinity (for those who don't know, getting 100% in an affinity means you get locked into it and the other affinitys no longer change), since the only downside is something you can protect against / your choice to come to you.

The blood magic deviner problem persists.

Oh, speaking of Blood magic: Drastic, will you update Blood magic to the version with the nifty new ingame books?

Last edited:
Reactions: BaileyH

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
hmm 64.77 air which is agile and light as a feather and 15.53 lightning

Yup, what NoElement said -- Light As A Feather means you're at the mercy of the wind. It could be worse, though -- you could do like I did initially and get pumped up on both Ice and Earth elements... Ice makes you slow, Earth makes you sink faster in water and take fall damage from shorter drops. Lightning is also super inconvenient -- you "short out" and drain all your mana when you touch liquids. Even Etherium. Even RAIN.

Zephyr123

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easier way to remove the taint than just breaking it manually? Also food is really hard to get early game. What's the best way to get it? Do you just need to kill a lot of zombies?

Dracathio

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to know if you have any idea's of how to fix issues with the soulbound enchant from ars magicka.

The enchant works for people in the over world, but if you die in any other dimension your items will disappear, they won't drop on the ground or anything, they will just be completely gone on death.

If you have any info on ways to fix this please let me know, I want to bring this to those I work with and get the fix implemented as quickly as possible before more people are effected by it.

Last edited:

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, what NoElement said -- Light As A Feather means you're at the mercy of the wind. It could be worse, though -- you could do like I did initially and get pumped up on both Ice and Earth elements... Ice makes you slow, Earth makes you sink faster in water and take fall damage from shorter drops. Lightning is also super inconvenient -- you "short out" and drain all your mana when you touch liquids. Even Etherium. Even RAIN.

Lose all mana when you touch liquids? HA. Try "you activate all the tnt in the dungeons when you come near". The affinitys are sadly unbalanced.

Is there any easier way to remove the taint than just breaking it manually? Also food is really hard to get early game. What's the best way to get it? Do you just need to kill a lot of zombies?

All the easier ways are in thaumcraft, there is a shovel from forbidden magic, and of course the etheral blooms make short process with any and all taint.

Regarding food, in the beginning just adventure and find the wizard towers / villages to get resources and food, until you find a lake or the ocean to settle down. Just watch out for invisible blocks that drop you in spiky pits.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Lose all mana when you touch liquids? HA. Try "you activate all the tnt in the dungeons when you come near". The affinitys are sadly unbalanced.

Yeah, lightning has some really, really major downsides; touching liquids drains your mana completely, eventually ALSO takes 20% of your health, triggers TNT, *AND* supercharges creepers. Too bad it's a really useful, partially armor-piercing damage type that works really well on the first three bosses....

If you're trying to remove fibrous taint in the very early game, you can pour a bucket of water directly on it. It'll break one tile of fibrous taint instantly, then you pick up the water and repeat that foreeeever. It's click-intensive but faster than trying to punch out the taint. You'll still need to remove tainted soil and crusted taint manually, though. Like NoElement said, you'll need to Thaumcraft to get more large-scale solutions going.

For food:
-- take the first several apples you find and craft them with oak saplings to get fruit trees. You'll need a taint-free area to grow them, but once they're grown you can bonemeal the hanging apples to make them instantly ripen. Even without bonemealing, two or three trees can make enough apples to keep you alive, provided you don't do a lot of sprinting and jumping.
-- adding steps to food prep makes it more nutritious. Don't eat apples directly -- use three pieces of smoothstone to make a juicer and drink them, or one iron ingot and a bit of wood to make a cutting board, and make fruit salad from them. Toasting bread makes it more filling, and slapping two pieces of toast together to make a toast sandwich is even better.
-- take the time to improve your crops. If you get a seed's quality to max, every harvest from that seed will give you four of that crop, and it'll grow to maturity much faster. Also, using two maxed seeds for crossbreeding will guarantee that the mutation is at least 5/5/5 (reducing the time it takes to get the NEW species up to 10/10/10.)
-- get the growth spell from the Arcane questline. It's cheap to use, and has almost zero affinity attached to it, and it works like super bonemeal on a 3x3 area. This spell makes seed-breeding SO much faster.
-- use some of your first pieces of iron to make a pot. Pot + water = salt, which can be used for zombie jerky, bread dough, or my favorite, French fries.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, lightning has some really, really major downsides; touching liquids drains your mana completely, eventually ALSO takes 20% of your health, triggers TNT, *AND* supercharges creepers. Too bad it's a really useful, partially armor-piercing damage type that works really well on the first three bosses....

If you're trying to remove fibrous taint in the very early game, you can pour a bucket of water directly on it. It'll break one tile of fibrous taint instantly, then you pick up the water and repeat that foreeeever. It's click-intensive but faster than trying to punch out the taint. You'll still need to remove tainted soil and crusted taint manually, though. Like NoElement said, you'll need to Thaumcraft to get more large-scale solutions going.

For food:
-- take the first several apples you find and craft them with oak saplings to get fruit trees. You'll need a taint-free area to grow them, but once they're grown you can bonemeal the hanging apples to make them instantly ripen. Even without bonemealing, two or three trees can make enough apples to keep you alive, provided you don't do a lot of sprinting and jumping.
-- adding steps to food prep makes it more nutritious. Don't eat apples directly -- use three pieces of smoothstone to make a juicer and drink them, or one iron ingot and a bit of wood to make a cutting board, and make fruit salad from them. Toasting bread makes it more filling, and slapping two pieces of toast together to make a toast sandwich is even better.
-- take the time to improve your crops. If you get a seed's quality to max, every harvest from that seed will give you four of that crop, and it'll grow to maturity much faster. Also, using two maxed seeds for crossbreeding will guarantee that the mutation is at least 5/5/5 (reducing the time it takes to get the NEW species up to 10/10/10.)
-- get the growth spell from the Arcane questline. It's cheap to use, and has almost zero affinity attached to it, and it works like super bonemeal on a 3x3 area. This spell makes seed-breeding SO much faster.
-- use some of your first pieces of iron to make a pot. Pot + water = salt, which can be used for zombie jerky, bread dough, or my favorite, French fries.

You can use all the lightning you want, without the downsides, if you max out an affinity first (again, i recommend arcana), then lightning will never increase again.
From what i have seen, a spell with a 100% affinity gives 0,15% affinity per cast (inside the exp cooldown), so just craft an magic damage spell and attack the mmmmmmmm puppet a few hundred times.

Also, you are overly complicated with all that agricraft stuff. I get 100% of all my food from the dungeon towers. Even earlygame, i get all the food from wizard towers.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
So lazy advice. No more else about how improve perfomance in this pack? Exept obvious things like render distance.

-Destruction Catalyst, which i looted in dungeon chest, wont consume Gunpowder. Althrough,there is description aboout it in quest reward and on the item item.
-Is there limit on mob spawn? NO one spawned in my mobtrap even during Blood Moon =(

I have the same issue with my mobtrap. NOthing spawns. I am thinking of moving one of those sinister nodes i see on the water nearby inside of it so I can at least get some angry zombies...

What do people do for blood altars? Wrath cage or something similar from one of the other magic mobs for spawning?

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same issue with my mobtrap. NOthing spawns. I am thinking of moving one of those sinister nodes i see on the water nearby inside of it so I can at least get some angry zombies...

What do people do for blood altars? Wrath cage or something similar from one of the other magic mobs for spawning?
Move spawners into your sacrifice room useing one of the many ways (best is probably thaulmcraft wand foci) then place the botania item that fakes being a player

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
So, i dunno how i can report this but...

Since the update, my Questing Book freezes java (?). But only on the server.

Oh and sadly the new ingame book for blood magic is a mess. And the wiki isn't updated. Sigh.

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you are overly complicated with all that agricraft stuff. I get 100% of all my food from the dungeon towers. Even earlygame, i get all the food from wizard towers.

I don't necessarily do agricraft for the food, that's just a nice side benefit. I try to rush Soybeans, because I can use that in most recipes to substitute for milk or meat, and meaty food is much more saturating than vegetarian dishes. If I'm feeling silly, I might also max out wheat, peanut, and some sort of fruit, so I can be a wizard with phenomenal cosmic powers, who lives on a diet of PBJs.

As a side note, when you're perfecting seeds, do it with an X-shaped plot instead of just two parents -- stat gains are much better, so you have to do a lot less generations of breeding. The first time through I was doing it the slower way, and ended up with like 3 stacks of trail mix from all the waste seeds. Handy food, but a pain making allll that chocolate, just to eat up waste seeds.

The main reason I do it is to breed up a set of Botania flowers, so I can get the exact petals I want, whenever I want. I hate making a stack of floral fertilizer and wasting 36 of it just to get one flower of the correct color! (also, putting Brown Petal Block on carpenter's slopes makes a really nice-looking shingled roof)

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I don't necessarily do agricraft for the food, that's just a nice side benefit. I try to rush Soybeans, because I can use that in most recipes to substitute for milk or meat, and meaty food is much more saturating than vegetarian dishes. If I'm feeling silly, I might also max out wheat, peanut, and some sort of fruit, so I can be a wizard with phenomenal cosmic powers, who lives on a diet of PBJs.

As a side note, when you're perfecting seeds, do it with an X-shaped plot instead of just two parents -- stat gains are much better, so you have to do a lot less generations of breeding. The first time through I was doing it the slower way, and ended up with like 3 stacks of trail mix from all the waste seeds. Handy food, but a pain making allll that chocolate, just to eat up waste seeds.

The main reason I do it is to breed up a set of Botania flowers, so I can get the exact petals I want, whenever I want. I hate making a stack of floral fertilizer and wasting 36 of it just to get one flower of the correct color! (also, putting Brown Petal Block on carpenter's slopes makes a really nice-looking shingled roof)

I did that in regrowth, but ive found that with the jaded amaranthus, a flower bag, and a coin of fortune, ive had no problem getting all the petals I need. Now if i were going for some kind of automated flower build, then i think yes the cropped versions would be ftw.

http://imgur.com/a/lOOPR#2SvlukP