[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
Dark arts with the "creature creation" quest, part 2. Wink wink nudge.

I just had an evily trilliant idea, Drastic. For a future modpack, make it permament blood moon.

That would be totally evil ... but the towers with daylight sensor will only open a room and never the other :(
BTW it allow mob to spawn on tainted land so even after a long time settled somewhere, various mobs can be encountered (not only tainted creepers ^^)

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
That would be totally evil ... but the towers with daylight sensor will only open a room and never the other :(
BTW it allow mob to spawn on tainted land so even after a long time settled somewhere, various mobs can be encountered (not only tainted creepers ^^)

While it was already said that taintacles and taint swarms are bad, i wouldn't mind some zombies or skeletons. No spiders though, since they die and become thaumic slimes, including the giant variant, sooner or later.

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Two suggestions for you, Drastic:
1) I'm not sure how hard it is to add recipes for Botania's Runic Altar, but I was thinking it could be useful for making dryad spawn eggs. A possible recipe: an Ent twig (ties the dryad to her tree), a bucket of blood (for human-like life), a witchwood sapling (for magic/plant qualities), a block of Messis (for the dryad's fertilization aura), and a chicken egg (to hold it all together). All items can be acquired infinitely, and are more-or-less easy to get, once you have access to all 5 magic systems.

2) Have you considered adding iChun's Doors mod to the pack? It offers a cheap early-game teleportation effect, but is limited to three networks, and cannot move a player farther than 16 chunks. It might be a bit problematic on MP servers, but server admins can always disable things as they see fit.

I will look into those, thanks!

Dark arts with the "creature creation" quest, part 2. Wink wink nudge.

I just had an evily trilliant idea, Drastic. For a future modpack, make it permament blood moon.

Well, I was considering a hardcore pack after Banished.

Reactions: NoElement

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
[...]
Well, I was considering a hardcore pack after Banished.

Well, I will look forward to it then.

Regarding the Etheral bloom, while it cleans up all the taint tendrils in an area perfectly, it seems to have a problem reverting some land from tainted biome into the original biome. Or maybe it is because of the settings, that some of the land is a tainted biome "originally", so it can't revert ?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was some sort of server lag.

2015-06-11_17.57.36.png

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I will look forward to it then.

Regarding the Etheral bloom, while it cleans up all the taint tendrils in an area perfectly, it seems to have a problem reverting some land from tainted biome into the original biome. Or maybe it is because of the settings, that some of the land is a tainted biome "originally", so it can't revert ?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was some sort of server lag.

Sometimes there will be one spot you can't get rid off. I think they go away after a relog or waiting for a bit, but shrug.

That looks a bit extreme though :p

Last edited:

csewells

Jul 29, 2019
I had to disable climate control to get it to work with cauldron, but i'm using experimental versions of such. I have a public server up with a few plugins which i feel are in the spirit of the modpack but just help players join up with their friends and help make the modpack more SMP friendly. I'm super busy with work so its only 90% done but anyone interested in joining a server that is SMP friendly without breaking the spirit of the modpack can join.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered adding iChun's Doors mod to the pack? It offers a cheap early-game teleportation effect, but is limited to three networks, and cannot move a player farther than 16 chunks. It might be a bit problematic on MP servers, but server admins can always disable things as they see fit.
On the mod page "no longer being updated" and "it's an april's fool mod".

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica 2 gatgeway do the job well, and aren't difficult or expensive to make (and BTW make more sense ^^)

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever found a dark stone? Its from the gravestone mod, and I've had a hard time finding information on it. It's needed in crafting the altar which i really want. I'm about to just spawn one in, though I really hate cheating..

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever found a dark stone? Its from the gravestone mod, and I've had a hard time finding information on it. It's needed in crafting the altar which i really want. I'm about to just spawn one in, though I really hate cheating..

It's in the catacombs witch don't spawn in tainted lands use /generate catacombs <x> <z> to make one spawn and then loot it. That is the least cheaty way of doing it. (Spawn it a good ways away from your base

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
I am lag
First make sure your render distance is lowered, this is important due to the amount of flux in the surrounding chunks.
So lazy advice. No more else about how improve perfomance in this pack? Exept obvious things like render distance.

-Destruction Catalyst, which i looted in dungeon chest, wont consume Gunpowder. Althrough,there is description aboout it in quest reward and on the item item.
-Is there limit on mob spawn? NO one spawned in my mobtrap even during Blood Moon =(

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, lost two Terrasteel Ingots (not forming), is it an issue of me using regular Mana Spreader instead of Sparks?

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
How does one go about getting moonstone ores in this modpack? I haven't come across any, do they still fall in this pack, or are they disabled?

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
How does one go about getting moonstone ores in this modpack? I haven't come across any, do they still fall in this pack, or are they disabled?
As stated they do fall, but from my experience they don't fall often and not till level 20 even though it says level 10...weird, also make the area around big with no taint, it wont land of fibrous taint or tainted soil.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Moonstone will ONLY fall on grass in an 32 block radius at night, full moon preferable. I only had it happen to me once (In Hubris, anyway). Fortune is HIGHLY recommended.

I have a bug to report: The ritual deviner neccessary for the "greater rituals" quest isn't being registered by the questbook.

2015-06-13_00.32.28.png

As you can see from my hotbar, there are a fresh and a "registered" deviner, just to make sure it isn't metadata nonsense.

UNLESS the advanced version is needed (aka with dusk runes).

EDIT: Actually, a lot of blood magic items are derpy: Registering them to your network makes them unnoticeable for the questbook, but the ritual deviner still doesn't work, no matter how i look at it.

Last edited: