[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a way to move passive mobs in this pack? IE golden lasso? I'm terrible with magic mods, trying to learn them with this pack..

Edit: Drastic told me it's the wand focus of containment from thaumic horizons. Works like a charm!

Last edited:

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a way to move passive mobs in this pack? IE golden lasso? I'm terrible with magic mods, trying to learn them with this pack..

Hard core ender expansion has one but it's a bitch to get (very end game)
Otherwise thaulmcraft might have one and if it doesn't use leads

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019

Edit: Drastic told me it's the wand focus of containment from thaumic horizons. Works like a charm!

There are also a couple of AM2 ways. Mark/Recall or Appropriation.

Ballza000

Jul 29, 2019

I also believe Witchery can be used, some type of Infusion and using the Witches Hand.. (Only just starting to get into witchery)

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
You guys also forget thaumic horizons, which has an contain focus.

Also regarding the arcane spellbook, im aware of it, but the boni it gives no more relevant to me - im high enough level now that my spells overpower everything anyway. Maybe i will get it later, just for fun.
Oh, and im not only holding my spells directly for quick access, but also so a hungry mob / thief skeleton doesn't steal ALL my spells.

DronetheBorg

Jul 29, 2019
I'm reporting a broken quest (or two). In 'Dark Arts' I completed the first 6 quests, no more quests will show up, but the quest book says I'm only 42% done with 'Dark Arts'. Same with 'The Arcane'. All the quests are completed, but it says I'm 97% done. If there are more quests, please tell me how to unlock them. Or if I did finish it, and it's just broken, that's fine. Here are screenshots:
IZs3Vj4.png

4vSO3eX.png
4OywA72.png

Thanks! Bye!

Raverist

Jul 29, 2019
Is it natural for all Ars Magica progress and levels to reset when you die and your soulbound reward spells to vanish into thin air, or did I just get screwed over completely? Screw whoever came up with the idea of blood moons.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I'm reporting a broken quest (or two). In 'Dark Arts' I completed the first 6 quests, no more quests will show up, but the quest book says I'm only 42% done with 'Dark Arts'. Same with 'The Arcane'. All the quests are completed, but it says I'm 97% done. If there are more quests, please tell me how to unlock them. Or if I did finish it, and it's just broken, that's fine. Here are screenshots:
IZs3Vj4.png

4vSO3eX.png
4OywA72.png

Thanks! Bye!
Wow congrats on almost beating the book. The quests unlock from the void section if thaumcraft meaning you would need all the research in the book and a crimson cultists book

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I'm still having trouble figuring out how to make AM2 Dark and Light Essence. There is nothing in the book and everything on the internet says to build a nexus, but to make one I need blue and red chalk which isn't in this modpack. Anyone know how to create this stuff with the Obelisk setup that develops natural essence with buckets of liquid etherium? I'm assuming the process is the same just with a diferent item besides the bucket of liquid etherium.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I'm still having trouble figuring out how to make AM2 Dark and Light Essence. There is nothing in the book and everything on the internet says to build a nexus, but to make one I need blue and red chalk which isn't in this modpack. Anyone know how to create this stuff with the Obelisk setup that develops natural essence with buckets of liquid etherium? I'm assuming the process is the same just with a diferent item besides the bucket of liquid etherium.

It is in the Structures part of the book. I also have a video showing creation/rituals of each version (skip around towards the middle/end):

Reactions: sqitchy

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Well, how FUN. I JUST wasted resources in making an black aurem (at the wrong spot, how would i know that i can't pick it back up ?!), and JUST one minute after that fiasco someone gives tips on how to make one. If it only weren't for that STUPID PIG FAT.

[...]AM2 Damage buffed to 1.5x damage. It is no secret that AM2 suffers from a lack of incentive when weapons do its job better in 99% of the cases until the player is heavily invested into it. The damage is buffed in order to give players an alternative to the hack and slash feeling that can become minecraft combat. It also makes AM2 superior late game in terms of damage from the multiplicative nature.[...]

For earlygame, that is true, but lategame...

2015-06-10_22.46.58.png

And yes, that damage is dealt FIVE times over the course of that zone. And no, i don't have damage+ modifiers! Oh, and the fury spell wasn't used either...
I do use pounce V though.

Last edited:

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Well, how FUN. I JUST wasted resources in making an black aurem (at the wrong spot, how would i know that i can't pick it back up ?!), and JUST one minute after that fiasco someone gives tips on how to make one. If it only weren't for that STUPID PIG FAT.

For earlygame, that is true, but lategame...

And yes, that damage is dealt FIVE times over the course of that zone. And no, i don't have damage+ modifiers! Oh, and the fury spell wasn't used either...
I do use pounce V though.
You should try the star strike spell or firestorm

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Do any mods (besides fastcraft) need removed or updated to make cauldron stop crashing? It gets to the end then crashes.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Do any mods (besides fastcraft) need removed or updated to make cauldron stop crashing? It gets to the end then crashes.
I believe the crashes in the end are from one of the entities from Hardcore Ender Expansion. I am several versions behind so hopefully an update soon will fix those issues.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I mean the server gets to the end of loading up then crashes lol. I have this problem on every ftb server I try to run with cauldron, but normally a mod removal, update, or tweak to a config fixes it.

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Two suggestions for you, Drastic:
1) I'm not sure how hard it is to add recipes for Botania's Runic Altar, but I was thinking it could be useful for making dryad spawn eggs. A possible recipe: an Ent twig (ties the dryad to her tree), a bucket of blood (for human-like life), a witchwood sapling (for magic/plant qualities), a block of Messis (for the dryad's fertilization aura), and a chicken egg (to hold it all together). All items can be acquired infinitely, and are more-or-less easy to get, once you have access to all 5 magic systems.

2) Have you considered adding iChun's Doors mod to the pack? It offers a cheap early-game teleportation effect, but is limited to three networks, and cannot move a player farther than 16 chunks. It might be a bit problematic on MP servers, but server admins can always disable things as they see fit.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Two suggestions for you, Drastic:
1) I'm not sure how hard it is to add recipes for Botania's Runic Altar, but I was thinking it could be useful for making dryad spawn eggs. A possible recipe: an Ent twig (ties the dryad to her tree), a bucket of blood (for human-like life), a witchwood sapling (for magic/plant qualities), a block of Messis (for the dryad's fertilization aura), and a chicken egg (to hold it all together). All items can be acquired infinitely, and are more-or-less easy to get, once you have access to all 5 magic systems.

[...]

Dark arts with the "creature creation" quest, part 2. Wink wink nudge.

I just had an evily trilliant idea, Drastic. For a future modpack, make it permament blood moon.

Last edited: