[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
I remember from Blood n' Bones that there were Aquatic Mobs. Lycant something.

What do you think about mo's creatures? ive never played with it before because its not common in packs (I don't know why not) but it would take care off both the sea tranquilly and also be kinda a cool goal to have to make the different biomes to spawn in the wildlife of old.

Edit: just looked up there page and nvm i know now why this nice mod isnt in packs. they are very very much on the no shareing side of things.

Sooooo i looked up more and what about animals+

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...nimals-plus-1-3-chameleons-lyrebirds-and-more

Last edited:

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
The better than wolves squids would make water terrorizing. But you would have to decompile FCs code and grab his squid code...a bit involved.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
What do you think about mo's creatures? ive never played with it before because its not common in packs (I don't know why not) but it would take care off both the sea tranquilly and also be kinda a cool goal to have to make the different biomes to spawn in the wildlife of old.

Edit: just looked up there page and nvm i know now why this nice mod isnt in packs. they are very very much on the no shareing side of things.

Sooooo i looked up more and what about animals+

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...nimals-plus-1-3-chameleons-lyrebirds-and-more

All the exclusively "more mobs mods" always struck me as... solitary? In the past, i would often hear about them clashing with other mods, including mo' creatures. Which isn't surprising, since blocks can't do much without a player interacting with them, while mobs... just do. If a block causes crashes, you just don't interact with it. Mobs? They don't care.

But enough of that. Today, i had an once-a-lifetime thing happening. It is about the twilight forest maze (our admin just spawned a portal in, in case you are wondering). Since it is a secret, here is a spoiler...

If you opened this spoiler, you know of the treasure room in the maze, yes? Well, this happened:
2015-06-05_21.46.54.png
A dungeon spawned inside the maze, right next to the treasure room!

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
All the exclusively "more mobs mods" always struck me as... solitary? In the past, i would often hear about them clashing with other mods, including mo' creatures. Which isn't surprising, since blocks can't do much without a player interacting with them, while mobs... just do. If a block causes crashes, you just don't interact with it. Mobs? They don't care.

But enough of that. Today, i had an once-a-lifetime thing happening. It is about the twilight forest maze (our admin just spawned a portal in, in case you are wondering). Since it is a secret, here is a spoiler...

If you opened this spoiler, you know of the treasure room in the maze, yes? Well, this happened:
View attachment 20030 A dungeon spawned inside the maze, right next to the treasure room!
*Mob from dungeon walks into treasure room and activates traps*

VooDoo

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously now, there is no twilight forest spawning in multiplayer, we were searching an field of -1650x to 3000x so far!

Also, we noticed that the amount of pure and sinister nodes dramatically decreases the further you go away from spawn.

well it definitely is weid, but on our server there is also a farm world, on which also other structures generate than on the normal world i have, it was made after patch 1.3

but with the gravestone structure i only meant the big graveyard without the stucture underground.

Mo'creatures is actually a mod with a No modpacks policy, he wants his mod in no modpacks at all.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
well it definitely is weid, but on our server there is also a farm world, on which also other structures generate than on the normal world i have, it was made after patch 1.3

but with the gravestone structure i only meant the big graveyard without the stucture underground.

Mo'creatures is actually a mod with a No modpacks policy, he wants his mod in no modpacks at all.

If you are in single player or server head. /Generate catacombs x y

The whole structure has a radius above ground of 64

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Strange Mo'creatures is in one of the latest modpack from jadedcat, magic farm 3.

I agree with all reasons to not include lycanite mob but there is an other, sometimes they cause random crash related to bad status effect or some mob.

aaaaa

Jul 29, 2019
I never played with Oceancraft before, but apparently it have nice hostile mobs that spawn in ocean, they could be used along with infernal mobs to make the ocean a craziness.

Schematix

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a few people mentioned that Twilight Portals were exceedingly rare in multiplayer worlds. My friend and I also noticed this after having searched for about 2 hours to no avail. We ended up changing The Twilight Forest config to allow us to create our own portals. I also noticed that in my single player world that Twilight Portals are exceedingly common, so that's why I was so befuddled by the complete absence of them in our multiplayer world.

I've only noticed one other strange pattern. I have never seen a zombie dog that wasn't an infernal mob. I've never found them in the overworld, but upon venturing into the Twilight Forest I found them everywhere. A majority of them were pretty weak though (Had like 2-3 Infernal buffs) so I felt kinda bad just killing them for their loot. I killed about 12 of them before I realized this was dumb, then I disabled zombie dogs from becoming infernal. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a few people mentioned that Twilight Portals were exceedingly rare in multiplayer worlds. My friend and I also noticed this after having searched for about 2 hours to no avail. We ended up changing The Twilight Forest config to allow us to create our own portals. I also noticed that in my single player world that Twilight Portals are exceedingly common, so that's why I was so befuddled by the complete absence of them in our multiplayer world.

I've only noticed one other strange pattern. I have never seen a zombie dog that wasn't an infernal mob. I've never found them in the overworld, but upon venturing into the Twilight Forest I found them everywhere. A majority of them were pretty weak though (Had like 2-3 Infernal buffs) so I felt kinda bad just killing them for their loot. I killed about 12 of them before I realized this was dumb, then I disabled zombie dogs from becoming infernal. Anyone else notice anything like this?

They were intentionally set that way to discourage just building everything in the TF and completely ignoring the taint.

4everfreekin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,
yesterday I was playing Hubris and after that I watched a Let's Play. In the Let's PLay there was Aether II wich is my absolute favorite mod. When I searched in my Hubris there wasn't Aether II ;( Did you remove the Aether and if yes: why? And will you put in again?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,
yesterday I was playing Hubris and after that I watched a Let's Play. In the Let's PLay there was Aether II wich is my absolute favorite mod. When I searched in my Hubris there wasn't Aether II ;( Did you remove the Aether and if yes: why? And will you put in again?

It caused to much lag, so no.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

And way to many bugs

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking that the Twilight Forest should be an endgame reward, instead of being an early- and lategame punishment. And all those dogs make it hard to wallow in the beauty that is the Twilight Forest.

It is possible to make the configuration of the Twilight Forest so that we need an netherstar instead of an diamond ? I think that would be an fair substitute for having zombie dogs.

EbeneezerSquid

Jul 29, 2019
New Mod that I just dropped in my pack, looks like it would fit the theme though I don't know how mature it is yet, may want to take a look at it and/or keep a watch on it as it matures:

Tainted Magic

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking that the Twilight Forest should be an endgame reward, instead of being an early- and lategame punishment. And all those dogs make it hard to wallow in the beauty that is the Twilight Forest.

It is possible to make the configuration of the Twilight Forest so that we need an netherstar instead of an diamond ? I think that would be an fair substitute for having zombie dogs.

I like this idea a lot. To build on it, maybe change some super late game item recipes to include boss drops from Twilight Forest. It would give us a reason to go in and clear it out, maybe set up a little outpost base.

Schematix

Jul 29, 2019

The zombie dogs idea feels a bit broken. I mean we can already just ignore the taint by living in the ocean or building an island above a pure node. And if not for that, it feels wrong because they're basically free armor and treasure bags because the dogs themselves aren't exactly difficult mobs.

The twilight forest is pretty well balanced in the fact that their are challenges for almost every stage of the game. If it becomes only an endgame zone then we'd miss out on a lot of content.

Perhaps a solution would be to create an incentive for clearing taint? I'm just not sure how Drastic could do that.

Reactions: RehabOholic

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
I found out you can make a 'chunkloader' using a poppet shelf. Poppet shelves will keep the chunk loaded but I don't know if you need a poppet on it or not. You just need to have some nether brick, green wool, and 4 attuned stones which require a diamond, bucket of lava and whiff of magic each. The whiff of magic can be retrieved by burning a rowan sapling in a witches oven. The witches oven just requires some iron and clay jars for the whiff of magic and the rowan sapling can be made by using mutandis on grass/saplings/plants. You may get some other types of plants before you finally get the rowan sapling.