[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
and no one realizes how easy Regen mobs are to kill :s

Regen is, arguably, the easiest InfernalMob type to kill. If you hit them for 10 hearts of damage, they lose 5 hearts off of their maximum HP, and rapidly regenerate to their new "Full" HP, which is less. It's like fighting any other mob, yeah, they stay at full health, but that "Full health" gets reduced to nothing very easily. It's just harder to see how many hits you have to go before you win.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
and no one realizes how easy Regen mobs are to kill :s

Regen is, arguably, the easiest InfernalMob type to kill. If you hit them for 10 hearts of damage, they lose 5 hearts off of their maximum HP, and rapidly regenerate to their new "Full" HP, which is less. It's like fighting any other mob, yeah, they stay at full health, but that "Full health" gets reduced to nothing very easily. It's just harder to see how many hits you have to go before you win.

... that still means they still have an absurd amount of health. If they would ONLY have regen, then... but instead they show up with bulwark, and of course, sticky aswell.

EDIT: Does anyone know the "tainting" range of tainted nodes? Taint tendrils spawned in my base, and i think the culprit was an deep underground tainted node.

Last edited:

Anagram

Jul 29, 2019
The quests for the Tome of Alkahestry and Talisman of Remedium do not detect correctly.
Also I would like if you can change the agricraft config "Cactus produces cactus blocks" to true. That way we will not need to produce cactus the "vanilla" way.
Thanks again for this great pack.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
The quests for the Tome of Alkahestry and Talisman of Remedium do not detect correctly.
Also I would like if you can change the agricraft config "Cactus produces cactus blocks" to true. That way we will not need to produce cactus the "vanilla" way.
Thanks again for this great pack.

The tome worked for me after I activated and then deactivated it.
There are a couple of other ways to get cactus:
-throw a slime ball into a mana pool with an alchemy catalyst.
-craft a slime ball with any 3 seeds.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
The Ars Magica 2 questline quest Fury was bugged for me. I continued to kill creepers but it did not register that I was actually killing them. I am not sure why but I feel like it may be because the creepers are all special mobs creepers instead of vanilla according to Waila.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
i wonder if its possible to add a chest mod that might remove the iron chest and that? compact storage where u can make your own size chest with materials and along being able to make big bags the same way.

Reactions: Timid

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
... that still means they still have an absurd amount of health. If they would ONLY have regen, then... but instead they show up with bulwark, and of course, sticky aswell.

EDIT: Does anyone know the "tainting" range of tainted nodes? Taint tendrils spawned in my base, and i think the culprit was an deep underground tainted node.

Sticky was also disabled, and Bulwark has the same issue where damage dealt is cut from their max HP. Regen and Bulwark are stupid easy to kill. the hardest thing I've had to kill ever was a mob that had sticky, wither, ghastly, fiery, poisonous, weakness, and storm. if I came near it, I got bolted, and if I hit it with an arrow, I died in a second. had to use a piston-trap to shove it into an autogrinding pit I had set up.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Sticky was also disabled, and Bulwark has the same issue where damage dealt is cut from their max HP. Regen and Bulwark are stupid easy to kill. the hardest thing I've had to kill ever was a mob that had sticky, wither, ghastly, fiery, poisonous, weakness, and storm. if I came near it, I got bolted, and if I hit it with an arrow, I died in a second. had to use a piston-trap to shove it into an autogrinding pit I had set up.

I was only mentioning sticky retroactivly. If you mean with "easy to kill" that you bash their heads in for a minute, then yes, they are easy. But the siuations i see, are those where they have more then just tank attributes or even friends supporting them. Or simple battles of attrition.

If your "super" enemy had regen and/or bulwark, then you would have been screwed even more.

EbeneezerSquid

Jul 29, 2019
It seems from the conversations here that most of you are using AM2 for your offense. Without it, I am struggling, even with HxC Enchants doubling my health. I did figure out that removing Infinite Inventories fixed the crash involving the obelisk, but my crafting alter still refuses to activate, so I cannot create spells: just like every previous time I've tried AM2 since 1.6.4.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
It seems from the conversations here that most of you are using AM2 for your offense. Without it, I am struggling, even with HxC Enchants doubling my health. I did figure out that removing Infinite Inventories fixed the crash involving the obelisk, but my crafting alter still refuses to activate, so I cannot create spells: just like every previous time I've tried AM2 since 1.6.4.
In 1.6.4 I struggled with the altar, mostly because of the placement of the lever and the lectern. Make sure you place those exactly like the book says, even respecting the orientation of the lectern. See it that fixes it.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
When you put Arcane Essence in the AM2 Essence Bag when you close it and re-open the essence is gone :(

I think it's an AM bug.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
The Talisman of Nourishment doesn't seem to be working at all. I looked it up online a bit and apparently it doesn't like Hunger Overhaul. :(

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
We simply use AM2 for offense because it's the most easy thing to get - thaumcraft foci need netherquarz which is... annoying to mine, thanks to nether ores installed. And upgrading the foci also needs quite a good chunk of resources, while AM2 spells get stronger with every magic level you get. AND you need vis to use the foci, while mana regens quite fast.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
true sometimes a good a AM2 offense spell is best but thaumcraft takes care of the vis cost and the vis storage later with staffs and all that. Nether Quartz is actually easy to get when mining nether ores you gotta look at all ores and knock out the ones smoking that means there getting ready to blow and if your using the beam dig spell than the explosion shouldn't really do any damage to ya.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
e

And if you use vanilla food like roasted potatoes ?

Hunger overhaul adds the "well fed" buff to all foods. The talisman can't use up any food that applies a buff or debuff. By the time I made the talisman, I had stacks of bread and wheat, some level 10 crops, and lilypads of fertility. I was in no danger of ever running out of food so I turned off hunger overhaul so that I could make use of the convenience of that talisman. AM2 adds a helmet imbuement for hunger regeneration, and botania has two relics that each provide a permanent solution to hunger, if you want to go that route.

We simply use AM2 for offense because it's the most easy thing to get - thaumcraft foci need netherquarz which is... annoying to mine, thanks to nether ores installed. And upgrading the foci also needs quite a good chunk of resources, while AM2 spells get stronger with every magic level you get. AND you need vis to use the foci, while mana regens quite fast.

I wouldn't say that wand foci are any harder to make than AM2 spells. The later foci are comparable because like AM2 spells they require multiblock structures and a bit of legwork to make, but the earlier ones only require the arcane crafting table. Quartz is the easiest thing to get from the nether (it's everywhere and you don't need to find a fortress or anything) and lots of overworld dungeons have it. Vis recovery is inconvenient early on, though, and the foci don't really scale up as well as am2 spells. I still use a shock focus with potency 3/chain lightning/enlarge for crowds though. The real reason I've been using am2 for offense is because it's one of the best ways to level up in am2.

Yesterday my AM2 skills completely reset, twice. I think it had to do with going back and forth from the End, but it doesn't happen every time. At least there is /setmagelevel to get my exp back, but I have to cheat in a bunch of skill orbs still. Sometimes my am2 machines all disconnect from their power sources, and every time I'm in the end I get that mana regen tick crash every 20 minutes or so. It's a shame that am2 is so unstable, because content-wise it's one of my favorite mods.

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
Whats this about? What is covering my health hearts and why do I have air bubbles? I was just working in the Twilight Forest. I don't have any special armor on, no baubles or thaumcraft, and nothing new or weird in my inventory..

Attachments

• twilight forest.png
    twilight forest.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 59

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Nodes that do things like taint, magical forest, and eerie biomes are, as far as I know, unlimited in the y direction. As to the taint going to the sides... If you don't have something that it can't override, like an ocean or magical forest biome or the upgraded shimmerleaves, it'll keep going forever.

Pics plox? Maybe we'll see something you might not think to mention. Also, is anything touching the blocks above the very bottom layer of the altar? Even torches or mage lights can stop it from registering as a valid setup I think.

Whats this about? What is covering my health hearts and why do I have air bubbles? I was just working in the Twilight Forest. I don't have any special armor on, no baubles or thaumcraft, and nothing new or weird in my inventory..

I get that too. Most often when I'm near a mob that has the "Choke" ability I think, though it's happened elsewhere as well.