[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
yes but if i do that ppl lose all the progress from HQM, i have 10+ on my server, this really sucks...
Revert to a backup and try moving all of the config over manually after you delete them all. That may fix the issue.

if not, there isn't much I can do, it is a problem inherent with the mod itself.

PK Antifreeze

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, I'm trying to update my server to 1.2.4, but my HQM files are deleting themselves when starting up the world after moving over. Is there any compatibility thing I need to fix? The server isn't crashing and I can't find any logs that mention incompatibility.

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
i think the problem is with runic dungeon, 3 items has removed from the last update, fly belt, xp belt and adv. xp belt. DrasticDemise do you rembember if some quests has this for reward or make? i can't find it...

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Nice new front cover there. It says to me "Hey! Play Hubris!" And good, you removed the market. Felt cheaty anyway - especially in combo with those "at drop, transform into half a stack of emeralds" artifacts.

On another note, is it possible to revert tainted nodes with the node stabilizers? Or do i HAVE to destroy them?
Also regarding the taint, did anyone get the silverleaf? I never seem to get one from my grown silverwood trees... oh, and while one tree got an pure node, it didn't tranform the land around it. EDIT: Nevermind, it now is. How odd.
Finally, i think the Dreamweaver item from witching gatchets that "resists taint" doesn't seem to work - i still get taint poisened when roaming the lands.

Last edited:

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, is it possible to revert tainted nodes with the node stabilizers? Or do i HAVE to destroy them?
I don't think that there is any way to change tainted nodes into a different kind. I accidentally corrupted the giant Ira node that I was building. However I think that if you energize it, then all of the secondary effects go away unless you de-energize it.

It's not really a huge problem though, since we can fabricate massive nodes with the node matrix research. I recommend using a tree farm to make logs->planks->buttons and melt them down into machina, since machina breaks down into all primal aspects when energized. I suppose you could use a pumpkin farm and messis essentia instead, but machina seems more thematically appropriate.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i wanted to revert the ones out in the wilderness, to bring back life.

Thanks for the machina tip though. However, there are a few powerful nodes near my base that i may energize instead.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you thank you thank you for having a magic mod pack that actually includes Ars Magica 2! You just might want to disable armor imbuements by default and the mana shield spell because both are bugged, and warn players if they want to turn it on.

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019
Something is strange with Hubris and FTB launcher - the pack disappeared from 3rd party packs, and the launcher does not respond to code "hubris".

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you thank you thank you for having a magic mod pack that actually includes Ars Magica 2! You just might want to disable armor imbuements by default and the mana shield spell because both are bugged, and warn players if they want to turn it on.
What's wrong with armor imbuement? I haven't had any problems with it that I can tell.

I have however been getting somewhat frequent crashes while in the end, which appear to be related to mana regeneration. Is it possibly related?
http://pastebin.com/ueg45SWT

wacky444

Jul 29, 2019
Something is strange with Hubris and FTB launcher - the pack disappeared from 3rd party packs, and the launcher does not respond to code "hubris".
It happened to me, a lot of packs disapeared from the launcher, i removed the logs near the launcher .jar and restarted it a couple of times.

Reactions: xaositech

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
What's wrong with armor imbuement? I haven't had any problems with it that I can tell.

I have however been getting somewhat frequent crashes while in the end, which appear to be related to mana regeneration. Is it possibly related?
http://pastebin.com/ueg45SWT
The armor imbuement "Dispelling" with the mod Infernal mobs installed will force the player with the armor on to crash upon joining. It is only that one imbuement and it can be avoided if players avoid the dispelling imbuement, but people are stupid sometimes. You have to edit the NBT of the armor to remove the imbuement if you want to be able to rejoin the server/world.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
sometimes i think infernal mobs are to much in this pack because with areas like nether fortress with all the spawners the chances of a infernal are almost every 2nd or 3rd one to spawn which makes it hard to actually get dungeons raided.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
sometimes i think infernal mobs are to much in this pack because with areas like nether fortress with all the spawners the chances of a infernal are almost every 2nd or 3rd one to spawn which makes it hard to actually get dungeons raided.

I have to agree with you there. To be honest I disabled infernal mobs early on. In every dungeon/battle tower/whatever I was holding my ground until an infernal mob spawned, then was forced to retreat. Infernal mobs sort of push any structure with a spawner into late game, unless you cheese it with stuff like projectile->dig. Without infernal mobs it feels like a much more natural progression.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
truely while i like the projectile > dig spell i like the beam version alot more, less usage of mana. my problem with towers is that the holes in the floors just loving dropping mobs on top of my head xD. Other than that infernals alway been my bane in this kind of modpack specially when they are the tainted version which makes them even harder. I think the pack is fine with the removal of infernal since the dungeons have spawners that give like a 50=100% increase in spawn rates which for early stages makes dungeon to hard to do with a sword and Magic is good until late game when you have alot of points to spend and materials to make them.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to add them to dungeon loot

Sadness, I liked the market, even though it doesn't make a ton of sense thematically. XD

However, I'd like to request you don't go the add to dungeon loot route with the saplings, for one because I have an image in my head of a chest with a 6ft living tree in it, which is silly; And for another, I don't think you need to put the saplings themselves in at all. Because you can make them all if you have the relevant fruit or otherwise the tree would produce, simply by combining the kiwi or whatever with a normal sapling.

Instead, may I suggest that, since we find bread and apples and various complicated Pams dishes in chests anyway, could the fruits and such be found in chests instead of the saplings?
Or another idea might be to make some repeatable quests with multiple choice rewards for the various tree produce, and have people make saplings that way, I dunno.
Main point is, while I have yet to find some of the gardens I need to get strawberries and therefore the other seeds I can breed from them, it seems weird to find trees in a chest, but basic food slightly less so due to precedent.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
truely while i like the projectile > dig spell i like the beam version alot more, less usage of mana. my problem with towers is that the holes in the floors just loving dropping mobs on top of my head xD. Other than that infernals alway been my bane in this kind of modpack specially when they are the tainted version which makes them even harder. I think the pack is fine with the removal of infernal since the dungeons have spawners that give like a 50=100% increase in spawn rates which for early stages makes dungeon to hard to do with a sword and Magic is good until late game when you have alot of points to spend and materials to make them.

Another way to do it is sojourner's staff. Sticking torches in those floor holes helps slow down the spawning enough to progress.

Those roguelike dungeon spawners also add armor to the mobs, even on mobs that don't show it visually like endermen and creepers.

The life guardian summoning frustrated me a bit. The part that the compendium doesn't tell you is that the ritual has to happen near midnight.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
hi everyone!

i just started playing this modpack and i really like it! i'm playing with a friend and it's his first modded minecraft try!

anyway, i was wondering if i could turn "agricraft ressources" on (like iron seeds and stuff) or does it trivialize ore gathering too much?
I know DrasticDemise said you can do whatever you want with the pack but i'd like to know what you guys feel about it, i don't want to get too much ore compared to the modpack's idea of it and realize it once i'm already full of ore :p

so yeah, ore seeds gud?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Sadness, I liked the market, even though it doesn't make a ton of sense thematically. XD

However, I'd like to request you don't go the add to dungeon loot route with the saplings, for one because I have an image in my head of a chest with a 6ft living tree in it, which is silly; And for another, I don't think you need to put the saplings themselves in at all. Because you can make them all if you have the relevant fruit or otherwise the tree would produce, simply by combining the kiwi or whatever with a normal sapling.

Instead, may I suggest that, since we find bread and apples and various complicated Pams dishes in chests anyway, could the fruits and such be found in chests instead of the saplings?
Or another idea might be to make some repeatable quests with multiple choice rewards for the various tree produce, and have people make saplings that way, I dunno.
Main point is, while I have yet to find some of the gardens I need to get strawberries and therefore the other seeds I can breed from them, it seems weird to find trees in a chest, but basic food slightly less so due to precedent.
Good suggestion! I think I will add the fruits instead :)

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Using the dig spell to conquer dungeons isn't cheaty, it's intelligent. Deeper levels hide the spawners quite well, also.

And i think infernal mobs - minus sticky and regen - are an good addition to the pack. They bring challenge and caution. Normally, i SMACK everything with my normal spells, but the infernals are an good reason to create more complex spells and tools to deal with them.

If anything, most of the deaths in this pack - for me - come from the special mobs - like the extremely deadly gravity creeper.